Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Who Dat posted:

Anyone else have to reset passwords today because of "suspected suspicious activity"? Really odd because I'm extra meticulous about online passwords and computer security, and I resubbed just last week after having to go through an ordeal to get my email changed and password reset to even access my account.

Oh well. DLing the 3gb release patch now. Who knows..

Do you use the authenticator?

Edit: if you're more meticulous than "actually changes your passwords" you can cause false positives, like if you're using VPN often or changing IPs frequently.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That suspicious activity email happens every time you login from a new location. If you haven't changed locations you may have gotten an IP address that's not geolocated correctly.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Who Dat posted:

Anyone else have to reset passwords today because of "suspected suspicious activity"? Really odd because I'm extra meticulous about online passwords and computer security, and I resubbed just last week after having to go through an ordeal to get my email changed and password reset to even access my account.

Oh well. DLing the 3gb release patch now. Who knows..

SE gives you that notice whenever you log in from a different IP. Get an authenticator and you won't have to deal with it any more.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

How do you gain access to the weekly b rank hunt for 3.0 ?

People are saying it's at the bar and I've unlocked both the level 1 and 2 dailies but can't find anywhere that has a weekly.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
You know, I had a new ISP installation today. That's probably it. I'm dumb.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Also is Monk any good? It was my favorite before the real work took over. drat job and girlfriend

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sendo posted:

How do you gain access to the weekly b rank hunt for 3.0 ?

People are saying it's at the bar and I've unlocked both the level 1 and 2 dailies but can't find anywhere that has a weekly.

The old lady (can't remember her name) in Idyllshire will give you a quest that will unlock it.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Just got to Steps of Faith.

Only one of us in this Duty Finder group has done this before, and he is super unhappy about it :getin:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I can't figure this out. Apparently the battle log can't record how much WIldfire hits for when it falls off, which is super annoying.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Thumbtacks posted:

So I can't figure this out. Apparently the battle log can't record how much WIldfire hits for when it falls off, which is super annoying.

I have to chuckle every time they add a strange mechanic deliberately designed to gently caress with parsers.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
The player character is so naive. Like you corner a traitor who goes "I give up" and then says he'll betray the bad guys then you go over to the quest area and he laughs going "do you really think I'll give up so easily?" then sends the enemy at you because you walked into a trap and then you beat him up along with all his friends and he has an epiphany and decides to turn himself in to the authorities. This happens multiple times! What the heck.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Velveteen posted:

The player character is so naive. Like you corner a traitor who goes "I give up" and then says he'll betray the bad guys then you go over to the quest area and he laughs going "do you really think I'll give up so easily?" then sends the enemy at you because you walked into a trap and then you beat him up along with all his friends and he has an epiphany and decides to turn himself in to the authorities. This happens multiple times! What the heck.

you should level a drk

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Vermain posted:

The old lady (can't remember her name) in Idyllshire will give you a quest that will unlock it.

Thank you, holy poo poo this has been driving me crazy as everyone else has just said it's in the forgotten knight.

Edit: Okay technically it seems they were right, but I needed to unlock the level 3 daily hunt bills first.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

RC Cola posted:

Also is Monk any good? It was my favorite before the real work took over. drat job and girlfriend

Monk is in a great place. They didn't change a whole lot in terms of playstyle, but instead got a lot of QoL stuff. You can change forms without a target or blow your greased lightning stack on a big attack so losing them doesn't hurt so much. And it's a kamehameha.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Niton posted:

My client broke

really bad

send help

Your uh

Your UI appears to have become a Star Wars intro.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

abraham linksys posted:

Nope, I'm on Faerie.

I don't know how Duty Finder works, will it match across different data centers? :smith:

You'll probably coast through to Heavensward now, but if you get stuck again, is your FC available to help? I'm on Faerie, just send a /tell to Kestrel Fairmeadow and I'll help if I'm available.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
So I just beat the Heavensward storyline, and uh.
Holy poo poo that final boss.
Just...just wow.

I'm really excited to see what they came up with for Alexander now.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh my god the end of 2.55

oh my god

oh my god raubahn

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I reached level 30 and got my first job class! I'm now a scholar with fairies!

I'm going to miss those magical squirrels though.

A question, when do we get some better looking outfits? I'm still wearing the same robes and cowls from level 1 but with a different colour. Like even the hats are the same!

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

goldjas posted:

So I just beat the Heavensward storyline, and uh.
Holy poo poo that final boss.
Just...just wow.

I'm really excited to see what they came up with for Alexander now.

Seconding that holy poo poo on the final boss, it was glorious. :allears:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Velveteen posted:

A question, when do we get some better looking outfits? I'm still wearing the same robes and cowls from level 1 but with a different colour. Like even the hats are the same!

It's easy to miss at first but each iteration of the common stuff actually has small differences, like how the standard tank curiass model steadily gets more beefy and adds on big honking pauldrons on the level 40 version. With robes though its mainly the material and textures changing. Unique models are usually dungeon drops, like the acolyte/foestriker set in the first three dungeons or the three sets that drop from brayflox. Once you get to 45 the vistas of your catbarbie's fashion sense really open up and at 50 you gain access to the true endgame, glamours.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Velveteen posted:

The MC is a robot programmed to nod and occasionally smile warmly at people who have just had A Moment

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Nope, I'm on Faerie.

I don't know how Duty Finder works, will it match across different data centers? :smith:

Oh god please /tell and friend me (been on every night but will be away this weekend). I love helping and your posts are physically hurting me.

IGN Raven Madd

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Velveteen posted:

Reminds me of Dark Devices in Northern Thanalan, with the NPC basically going "ho ho ho you adventurers are so XP starved you'd do anything a FATE tells you to!"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The entire last hour of cutscenes in 2.55 has been a loving fever dream

loriloto is evil, raubahn is jailed and missing an arm, urianger is meeting with the ascians, the dude from the opening reappears, an adorable baby dragon is telling me about how the end of world is at hand, WHAT IS HAPPENING

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Velveteen posted:

I reached level 30 and got my first job class! I'm now a scholar with fairies!

Have you been getting green drops from dungeons at all? That's usually where the more unique looking outfits come from.

Alternatively, just wait until job level 45... :D

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

abraham linksys posted:

Oh my god the end of 2.55

oh my god

oh my god raubahn
We few Faerie goons need to stick together! Add me when I'm on, I'm Gentleman Caller. ( :v: )

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
update: you can rapid fire limit break

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

update: you can rapid fire limit break

What

Did we get confirmation on the wildfire limit break thing too?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Wildfire seems to have been fixed, I heard reports of it working yesterday but it doesn't seem to work for me.

That being said, if you rapid fire and then LB the LB has a .5s cast time.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Rei_ posted:

The MC is a robot programmed to nod and occasionally smile warmly at people who have just had A Moment

Well, those things and violence.

Mostly violence.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How the hell do I unlock the aether currents in Sea of Clouds? I'm 57 and in the 2nd half but there is still an entire middle section I can't figure out how to reach.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How the hell do I unlock the aether currents in Sea of Clouds? I'm 57 and in the 2nd half but there is still an entire middle section I can't figure out how to reach.

Go North east, loop around to the south west, there's some stairs in the far NE

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Riftling posted:

:siren:How to Not Suck at Leveling 30-50:siren:

Always do your low level roulette daily first if not already completed. Levequests current benefit from rest XP, but do not consume it. You heard me right. This makes levequests ludicrous in the level ranges they're available. FATEs suck and are terrible XP/hour due to boss HP scaling and the massive zergfests going on right now.

Because people are quoting this, i tried to see if the 'bolded' was working but doesn't seem to be. I'm getting 11k xp for leve on st.conch. 9k from the leve and 2k from completion. No added benefit from having rested xp.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Wildfire seems to have been fixed, I heard reports of it working yesterday but it doesn't seem to work for me.

That being said, if you rapid fire and then LB the LB has a .5s cast time.

Do you need to rapid fire with gauss barrel on I presume?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So just out of curiosity, how is the Astrologian to play? I had a Summoner/Scholar previously, but it would be nice to play something new, and it looks like everyone is playing Dork Knights.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dreadwroth posted:

So just out of curiosity, how is the Astrologian to play? I had a Summoner/Scholar previously, but it would be nice to play something new, and it looks like everyone is playing Dork Knights.

Very mobile, lots of instant cast and planning around/limiting RNG and planning with cards.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Do you need to rapid fire with gauss barrel on I presume?

Nope. Just did it in SV.(Granted, it had like a .5s cast time)

presumably with gauss it would be better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Nope. Just did it in SV.(Granted, it had like a .5s cast time)

presumably with gauss it would be better

Cast bar still says the usual time it just fills faster right?

I'm not able to do back to back comparisons obviously so its kinda hard to gauge

• Locked thread