Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Infinitum posted:

If you're in any way shape or form a half-decent Batman fan and you don't see who the Arkham Knight is eventually going to be because of lines like that constantly, you're an idiot.

It's amazing how easy it is to figure out. I got it the first time when you first meet the Arkham Knight. I didn't even follow this game whatsoever.

The game is still fun even knowing that twist. Good game. Better than City imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Generic Monk posted:

same drm as dragon age 3. coincidentally that game ran like poo poo as well

Oh fun. Apparently this poo poo is made by the same fine folks who made SecuROM. :allears:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Skeezy posted:

It's amazing how easy it is to figure out. I got it the first time when you first meet the Arkham Knight. I didn't even follow this game whatsoever.

The game is still fun even knowing that twist. Good game. Better than City imo.

I have the game and been following the thread I have no idea who AK Jason toddis but I have punched a lot of people in the face

ethanol fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 24, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ethanol posted:

I have the game and been following the thread I have no idea who Jason todd is but I have punched a lot of people in the face

I too have punched a lot of people and it's very fun.

E. Even though it's easy to figure out his identity shouldn't we still spoil out the name?

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 24, 2015

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So, I gotta say, I really like Nightwing in this and how much Batman isn't an rear end in a top hat to him. Then again, NW is a Dick.....

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Skeezy posted:

I too have punched a lot of people and it's very fun.

E. Even though it's easy to figure out his identity shouldn't we still spoil out the name?

I'll edit it out (you should too since you quoted) I just thought everybody had heard that by now. there have been so many other interesting plot points that haven't been spoiled, I'm really enjoying myself

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, I gotta say, I really like Nightwing in this and how much Batman isn't an rear end in a top hat to him. Then again, NW is a Dick.....

:downsrim:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

bunnyofdoom posted:

There's one part where Batman goes "Thanks, Dick." in the angriest way, and I had to stop and laugh about it because I'm five.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Batmobile sucks except when it's awesome.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Calaveron posted:

The second the Batman Beyond skin is available I'm gonna be on that poo poo like you have no idea. I wanna be overdesigned pitch black techno future-tactibatman.

easily the best skin in AC

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Nope. 66 batman is best skin old chum.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Been playing for a while and the game is really fun. Combat feels so much faster after marathoning through Origins. Curious if you get another 'devil trigger' combat ability like the Electric/Thermal Gloves from Origins.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm not looking forward to the Man Bat jump scare.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The worst part about this lovely port is that there's essentially no way it can ever really be "fixed" unless they recode the entire game from scratch and there's no way in hell they'll do that :(

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Now that I have it and I'm in the middle, just a couple things.

1. The Batmobile is not fun enough considering how often you are forced to use it.
2. The Dual segments are actually ridiculously cool.

Massive spoilers here.

3. Oh my loving god, really? Joker? I can't even cut the fucker off. He just shows up to babble every 5 seconds. Barbara dies and I can't even get emotional about it because I have Joker giggling WHILE IT'S HAPPENING! I know they want to force this guy in every game, but I had hoped enough would be enough. One scene. Not the entire game. Really ruining it.

Love it so far though. The game is beautiful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

What do you seek in those tunnels Batman?

:shepicide:

gently caress this section

Quote this when you get to this section. You'll know.

Just brute forced it, because it's complete arse and I don't know how you're meant to do it properly.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

The worst part about this lovely port is that there's essentially no way it can ever really be "fixed" unless they recode the entire game from scratch and there's no way in hell they'll do that :(

:goonsay:

Seriously though what?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think Batman's starting to lose it guys

SPOILERS IN THE LINK
http://i.imgur.com/PU30pkg.jpg

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Has anyone figured out how to play the combat challenges with the other characters? I want to hit things with nightwing solo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm not looking forward to the Man Bat jump scare.

Why.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
How do you change ammo types with the Disruptor? I'm using a controller.

edit: NM I am an idiot. It doesn't seem to work against turrets.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The story stuff where you rescue her can't be completed without getting all of the Riddles.

So yes to both.

Well... gently caress that.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Right click on the game in steam and use the "Set launch options" button. Add "-windowed" the game will start in a tiny little dumb window. When you get ingame use the options to set it to borderless window mode. Game works flawlessly for me this way.

Also there is an update queued in Steam for me right now, any word what this does. My game actually works and I am afraid of change.

This is from the last page but thank you boy wonder, I can now finally play this game about a man who dresses up as a bat.

So far I'm not a huge fan of the Batmobile but I find the tank battles oddly enjoyable; they feel like you've suddenly been dropped into a 90's arcade minigame, and in a good way.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Major spoiler question.

So after Barbara is captured near the beginning is that really the last you see off her as an ear support character? That's a kind of brief role for her before she gets fridged.

Edited for word salad.

ShineDog fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jun 24, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ShineDog posted:

So after Barbara is captured near the beginning is that really the last you see off her as an ear support character? That's going to make the side stuff pretty quiet given that I know it exists from watching my friend play these bits before ace chemicals. That's as much me not liking missing content as anything

What

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Lol this port is awful.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I changed my mind. The Batmobile isn't just "not really as fun as it should be" it's rear end. That they expect you to pull off timed sections when the drat thing controls so poorly is unreasonable. I've been playing for hours and STILL can't turn with any accuracy whatsoever. Drifting doesn't help.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

I changed my mind. The Batmobile isn't just "not really as fun as it should be" it's rear end. That they expect you to pull off timed sections when the drat thing controls so poorly is unreasonable. I've been playing for hours and STILL can't turn with any accuracy whatsoever. Drifting doesn't help.

I think you're probably just uncommonly bad at it. I've been playing the game for a few days now, and it's pretty straightforward. The batmobile does exhibit some oversteer, but the car seems to correct for that almost entirely on it's own via the jet booster thing on the back.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Can I still do aerial assaults on enemies? I'm after ace chemicals and I still can't do the drat move, despite it being in my moves list.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

This is going to sound SJW-ey, but I love how diverse the cops and civilians are. I've ran into asian dudes and hispanics and slightly nerdy female cops - this feels much more like a city than ever before.

That's weird, I hadn't even noticed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

Drifting does help, but there's some weird oversteer. You need to hold the drift button down rather than just treating it like a handbrake and pressing it once.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Drifting does help, but there's some weird oversteer. You need to hold the drift button down rather than just treating it like a handbrake and pressing it once.

Gunder posted:

I think you're probably just uncommonly bad at it. I've been playing the game for a few days now, and it's pretty straightforward. The batmobile does exhibit some oversteer, but the car seems to correct for that almost entirely on it's own via the jet booster thing on the back.

I'll accept that I'm prolly bad, but there's no way I'm uncommonly so. Most reviews are saying the Batmobile is the weakest part. It's just this one Riddler race right outside the GCPD that's pissing me off. Because every time I fail I have to walk all the way back to the little wench thing to try again. The timing seems so unforgiving.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
lol WB on the whole performance debacle http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

basically "have you guys tried the settings?"

I ain't ever going to trust WB pc releases, MKX, Batman, don't just kick the sourcecode to an outsourced team and call it a day, this ain't 2003 no more!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I'm utterly baffled by the fact they deliberately decided to spend money on DRM rather than on implementing Ambient Occlusion. Because the primary problem of this port is not its quality, but piracy . . .

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Honest Thief posted:

lol WB on the whole performance debacle http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

I ain't ever going to trust WB pc releases, MKX, Batman, don't just kick the sourcecode to an outsourced team and call it a day, this ain't 2003 no more!

Never trust a Gameworks game, it always runs like poo poo even on Nvidia cards. It's probably some dumb attempt to get people to buy a new card in hopes it will fix the performance problems, but it will run like poo poo no matter what. Source: Every Gameworks game.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Honest Thief posted:

Holy poo poo it's so loving broken. They're literally blaming everything and everyone except themselves and retroactively changing the system requirements.

Still no mention of all the visual effects that are missing either.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how do I improve the GCPD textures on the cars?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Anime Curator posted:

how do I improve the GCPD textures on the cars?

Did you remember to set your settings?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yaos posted:

Did you remember to set your settings?

They are still really bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Also, this confirms that the 30 fps cap was no accident. I love it.

• Locked thread