Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I finally got around to an actual play through of Crusader: No Remorse, and it's really good. The controls are well not great, but once you get a handle on steering Field Marshall Fett they're serviceable. I was pretty surprised that the game is much more tactical than I assumed, I thought it was going to be more run n' gun like Alien Breed or Loaded. It really wants you to put at least a little bit of thought in how you approach a situation, which is definitely in its favor. I love the FMV's as well, they're actually fairly well done, and the costumes are inspired. The future neckties people wear crack me up, and I want one. They also certainly got their monies worth out of the fella that plays Weasel, who manages to be both one of the best and worst things about the game. The world is really fleshed out, and the satire is spot on as well.

I'm enjoying it so much that I hopped on GOG this morning to buy No Regret, and it was on sale for a $1.49, so it's kismet I suppose. But Crusader good, go purchase and play it. That's not rose colored glasses either, because I never had a chance to play it for more than a few minutes back in the day. Also more games need a fascist murder machine dressed like a neon sex toy.

The controls are usually the biggest criticism. I personally like them—it goes well with that tactical style of action.

As for the neckties, one of my friends has the suit that Chairman Draygan wears in the cutscenes. I'm looking to buy it from him (along with a guard outfit from No Regret), but he's not budging.

The guy that played Weasel is named Marco Perella, and he's really cool. I sent him an e-mail asking him about the production of the cutscenes. He said he didn't remember much aside from them putting olive oil on his ear to get the ferret to lick it.

Let this be a place to plug my Crusader website, Echo Sector. I'm actually in the process of uploading all the cutscenes from the games so you can watch them in browser.

Edit: Decided to publish it now.

Commander Keenan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Commander Keenan posted:

The controls are usually the biggest criticism. I personally like them—it goes well with that tactical style of action.

As for the neckties, one of my friends has the suit that Chairman Draygan wears in the cutscenes. I'm looking to buy it from him (along with a guard outfit from No Regret), but he's not budging from selling it to me.

The guy that played Weasel is named Marco Perella, and he's really cool. I sent him an e-mail asking him about the production of the cutscenes. He said he didn't remember much aside from them putting olive oil on his ear to get the ferret to lick it.

Let this be a place to plug my Crusader website, Echo Sector. I'm actually in the process of uploading all the cutscenes from the games so you can watch them in browser.

I don't dislike the controls, really. I rarely feel like I'm having to fight them and they let you easily do most everything you could want, although a button to perform a quick 180 would be nice. I think the biggest issue with them is they just feel a little stiff and stuttery at times and fine movement can be finicky, but that seems more like an issue with the engine they used. If they ever made a new one I'd prefer them to keep the same deliberateness of movement, just a little more fluid. The game was a little ahead of it's time is all, and the refinements and tech just weren't quite there yet, but it was a valiant effort on their part that succeeds more than it fails.

The game is quickly on it's way to becoming an all time favorite of mine. I bought it probably a year or two ago, and now I'm seriously kicking myself for letting it sit in my queue for so long.

EDIT: I just realized I typed all this without mentioning the soundtrack which is nothing short of loving amazing.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 11, 2015

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I love everything about the Crusader games. The music is in a weird mod format or something but you can convert it out with free tools I believe, or at least I did ten or fifteen years ago. Or just go to YouTube, I guess. No Regret is the one I played first, and the lack of a forward roll in Remorse is annoying, but it probably has better pacing. I only beat it once but money and buying weapons means you might actually use some of the more obscure variants..

Edit: Is it weird that I still remember the gun serial numbers?

RP-32, LNR-81, XP-5, AC-88(X?) PL-1...

Velius fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 11, 2015

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I don't dislike the controls, really. I rarely feel like I'm having to fight them and they let you easily do most everything you could want, although a button to perform a quick 180 would be nice. I think the biggest issue with them is they just feel a little stiff and stuttery at times and fine movement can be finicky, but that seems more like an issue with the engine they used. If they ever made a new one I'd prefer them to keep the same deliberateness of movement, just a little more fluid. The game was a little ahead of it's time is all, and the refinements and tech just weren't quite there yet, but it was a valiant effort on their part that succeeds more than it fails.

The game is quickly on it's way to becoming an all time favorite of mine. I bought it probably a year or two ago, and now I'm seriously kicking myself for letting it sit in my queue for so long.

EDIT: I just realized I typed all this without mentioning the soundtrack which is nothing short of loving amazing.

Agreed 100%. No Regret improves upon the controls a bit, but there are still some issues.

The music is amazing. I could loop it daily and not get bored of it. I have FLAC rips on my website tagged by me if you wanna pick 'em up. I'm waiting for a response from the musicians (Andrew Sega, Dan Grandpre, Kirk Winterrowd) for any unreleased tracks.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Commander Keenan posted:

Agreed 100%. No Regret improves upon the controls a bit, but there are still some issues.

The music is amazing. I could loop it daily and not get bored of it. I have FLAC rips on my website tagged by me if you wanna pick 'em up. I'm waiting for a response from the musicians (Andrew Sega, Dan Grandpre, Kirk Winterrowd) for any unreleased tracks.

Sweet. I'll grab those when I get home today, may wind up with some new ringtones before the night is done.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I grew up always eyeing the Crusader games but never had the money for them and by the time I had enough allowance to gently caress with, it went to C&C and X-wing. Thanks for the rec, I think I'll enjoy this.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Got another SimCity 2000 for someone who'll appreciate it more than me: YT09FE674057D6

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I have gift keys for Sim City 2000, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Xenonauts and Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf, but I am sick of lurkers/poachers so, if you want any of those (preferably one per person), either PM me or leave an e-mail address in the thread and I will give out keys on a first come, first serve basis.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect that anyone who wants a free game be at least willing to ask for it politely.

Edit: Xenonauts now taken

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 12, 2015

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

any one think Neverwinter Nights will go on sale sometime?

I snagged a few other goodies earlier in the week but at this point those are the ones I really want. Does GOG usually put everything in their catalogue on sale at some point or are there some things that just never go on sale?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aces High posted:

any one think Neverwinter Nights will go on sale sometime?

I snagged a few other goodies earlier in the week but at this point those are the ones I really want. Does GOG usually put everything in their catalogue on sale at some point or are there some things that just never go on sale?

I bought it on sale from GOG as part of a D&D bundle, so maybe?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Been a while since I've checked gog but what a terrible thing to remove the shelf design, I can't even sort my games manually anymore?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Kurtofan posted:

Been a while since I've checked gog but what a terrible thing to remove the shelf design, I can't even sort my games manually anymore?

That is correct. Apparently, it's because of their new sorting algorithm.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I had carefully sorted my games by genre, publisher and year of release :negative:

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Kurtofan posted:

I had carefully sorted my games by genre, publisher and year of release :negative:

There's filters for those now. In fact you can use the tagging system and basically sort them however you want still.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Here's a Sim City 2000 code: YTE462B04A65E9

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Simcity - YT64B3DF75F54D

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I can live with the loss of manual sorting, but what's really bothering me is now that Shelf view is useless, it appears I can no longer get rid of it. Switching to List never sticks.

Just to keep this on topic: YT597F3F6AD6D7 - two thousand simulated cities for your enjoyment.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

With all the Steam sale hubbub I nearly forgot about GOG. Just when the Settlers are finally on sale too!

Having said that, anyone in here have an opinion about the fourth game in the series? At this point I am considering buying the bundle, since I am buying two of the titles and wouldn't mind a digital copy of the 10th Anniversary Edition. Heritage of Kings is apparently pure poo poo, but with the bundle price a single stinker isn't that bad.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Anyone have any experience with GOG and account issues? Apparently my account was hijacked in some way... I was trying to login on a new install of Windows, and it wasn't taking my email/password, saying the email didn't exist in the system.

I happened to still be logged in to the site on my laptop, and sure enough, going to Account Settings, it's a Russian email address, region changed to RU, and password changed, so I can't do anything.

I've submitted a support ticket, just not really sure what to expect at this point. Surely they can see the history of changing the email address and realize it's suspicious. It had to have happened after June 7, as I received an email after a purchase on that date.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has had similar issues and how GOG dealt with it...

EDIT: Well, as an update, GOG was great. They responded within 24 hours, reset my email address so I could reset my password, and everything worked perfectly. They even apologized for taking so long to get back with me, which, honestly, didn't seem like too long at all. Great customer service!

Flumpus fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 18, 2015

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
Welp, two days left in the sale and they're bringing back all the deals.

I've got a Simcity code to get rid of. Have at 'er:

YTCF9E04CB63BE

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I finally bought something in the sale so I have a Sim City 2000 code to give away:

YT374A0ECDEC80

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
The opening cinematic for Stonekeep is amazing.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Just to be different, here is a code for STALKER: Cle*r Sky, which is really good, there are only two Stalker games that are better.

HTADE4A83*E864

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

Twobirds posted:

Just to be different, here is a code for STALKER: Cle*r Sky, which is really good, there are only two Stalker games that are better.

HTADE4A83*E864

You are best! But seriously, is there a reason why this was chosen as a free game and not SoC?

Singh Long fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 20, 2015

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

Singh Long posted:

You are best! But seriously, is there a reason why this was chosen as a free game and not SoC?
Because it's generally accepted as rather a poor, buggy mess compared to the other two. It takes the zone in a different direction that most people didn't enjoy as much. It's not popular and very few people actually buy it.

It does work for some people, and that's cool. Games are different for everyone. But for most people who fell in love with the STALKER vibe, SoC and CoP are the pinnacle of the zone.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Yeah, I played on Steam with the Complete pack (which I recommend) and really liked how it played. Sadly I hit a crash bug in Limansk that I couldn't get around, despite desperately trying for days to avoid it and not having any major issues up to that point. Hopefully Singh Long will have better luck.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I wasn't inherently against it from a design/thematic standpoint, but clear sky was buggy even for a STALKER game. I kept crashing randomly in a fairly plot critical area and just gave up.

edit: are there any mods that just make it more stable?

Clever Spambot fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 21, 2015

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The funniest thing about Clear Sky is that unless you mod it then every enemy with a grenade is bugged to be infinitely accurate with them and there's nothing you can do about it but die.

When you put on Clear Sky Complete or whatever the go fix-poo poo mod was then it's plenty playable but there's no point in playing Clear Sky unless you're a real big STALKER nerd who has played the poo poo out of the other games.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

STALKER code: HT8B40735AED29

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

AuntBuck posted:

STALKER code: HT8B40735AED29
Grabbed this, thanks! Played the other STALKER games to death but never got around to CS, so might as well give it a go.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I guess the gift codes expired with the sale. I had all 3 of the gift games but only found a taker for Xenonauts, and now the keys are gone. No big deal, really, but it is a shame to lose free games to gift... even if they are digital downloads and are, as a result, in unlimited supply.

I *do* still have a code for Battle Realms & Winter of the Wolf if anyone wants it.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I guess the gift codes expired with the sale. I had all 3 of the gift games but only found a taker for Xenonauts, and now the keys are gone. No big deal, really, but it is a shame to lose free games to gift... even if they are digital downloads and are, as a result, in unlimited supply.

I *do* still have a code for Battle Realms & Winter of the Wolf if anyone wants it.

the codes vanished from the gift view, but are still valid until july 21st 2015.
I just checked all three gift codes I have, and yep....

quote:

Awesome! You unlocked your free copy of Xenonauts in the 2015 DRM-free Summer Sale. A redeemable game code is displayed below - you're free to add the game to your account or share it with a friend! This code will expire on July 21, at 1:59 PM GMT.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yup, seems they don't expire until then. That means someone has less than a month to redeem this code for Sim City 2000: YTD09950F242F3

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

the codes vanished from the gift view, but are still valid until july 21st 2015.
I just checked all three gift codes I have, and yep....

Where are they? I looked in the usual place and did not see them.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Check whatever email address you have registered with gog.
All of the 2015 summer gift tiers sent emails with the game keys.

If you deleted the emails, welp....sucks for you.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 23, 2015

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS: DIAMOND EDITION: 2B66074ab3a0f1N

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

dud root posted:

That is awesome, thank you. I'm pretty excited to have this.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

dud root posted:

drat me and my impulses :v:

I had just bought the series on the weekend since it was 25% down if you bought the two together

Tug Migroin
May 4, 2008

"When all else fails, read your manual!"
Pork Pro
Here's another GOG.com SimCity 2000 code to add to the pile: YT06D5F97227ED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Check whatever email address you have registered with gog.
All of the 2015 summer gift tiers sent emails with the game keys.

If you deleted the emails, welp....sucks for you.

Thanks mate - found them!

Sim City 2000: YT725A48E70803
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky: HT725A48E70803

These are good until 21 July

Also...

Battle Realms & Winter of the Wolf: 5CF52-9A266-C7681-5BCF9

Don't be a ponce; say it if you claim one.