Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

croutonZA posted:

So I just got home with a sealed copy of the PC version. Do I install this on my i7 4770k & GTX 970 machine or should I just leave it sealed and return it tomorrow?

Return it and wait for the GOTY. Seriously. That is the way to go if you want the full game content at lowest price.

Plus it will save you some suffering from what I read in this thread.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'd love to replace the batmobile with a giraffe

I know, right?

True story, as soon as I made that post, I got another code from Amazon that unlocked "Harley Quinn Story Pack." Talk about timing.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Batmobile may be terrible to control, but I'm still having fun with the Adam West Batsuit driving the Adam West Batmobile.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Peewi posted:

I have textures on low and it looks fine, so there's probably also something else going on.

I think it may have been more of a streak of textures literally loading the barest resolution possible for way too long a time, and things just looked like a cartoon. I remember seeing a car pic on the Neogaf forum that matched the look, I'll see if I can dredge it up.

edit:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 24, 2015

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'm playing this game on a i7 2600k and GTX 970 at 1080p with the fps limiter at 60 and all the bells and whistles turned on and it runs great. I was pretty surprised but I guess I got lucky.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Hopper posted:

Return it and wait for the GOTY. Seriously. That is the way to go if you want the full game content at lowest price.

Plus it will save you some suffering from what I read in this thread.

Yeah, I'm probably going to do that. The Arkham games are cool and all but I don't have the patience for the poo poo dudes in the thread are dealing with.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Runs great on my 970 as well with everything but that smoke thing on.
Kinda surprised that people with equivalent or better specs are having trouble with it.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I just played for an hour on my i5-4670 and gtx760 on 1920*1200 and a mix between medium and high on steady 30+FPS.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
edit: NM

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 24, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there a list anywhere that possibly tells which riddler poo poo unlocks what? if they apparently unlock worthwhile stuff like combat maps then it would save me the time of tackling horrid poo poo like races for no reason

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

croutonZA posted:

Yeah, I'm probably going to do that. The Arkham games are cool and all but I don't have the patience for the poo poo dudes in the thread are dealing with.

The best value and least headache with the Arkham Games have always been the GOTYs.

Speaking of which. Origins had a complete edition which seems to be only available on Amazon Germany? I just ordered it today for 10€. If anyone is interested I can report back on languages included as I have not found a GOTY on Steam yet. (This one is a Steam code version)

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If the Arkham Knight was smart he would have not used unmanned drones allowing Batman to just blow them all up with wanton abandon.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Kin posted:

The only issue I've had with the batmobile is that it has poo poo traction and because of that and the tight chase sequences, sometimes it's hard to follow a badguy down a sharp turn you don't know he's going to make. The level of hyperbole in here is nuts.

Edit: hell, "bouncing off walls"? The problem with mine is that i go through them.

poo poo traction is a fair complaint to be pissed off at considering how many side quests ask you to race around in the thing with a time limit or follow something on the road that makes sharp turns. It doesn't control like any other video game car I've ever used.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

MinibarMatchman posted:

is there a list anywhere that possibly tells which riddler poo poo unlocks what? if they apparently unlock worthwhile stuff like combat maps then it would save me the time of tackling horrid poo poo like races for no reason

So far there have only been 2 races and i'm almost done with Riddler's "crazy underground poo poo". So the vitriol people have for the races is insane, especially as when it comes to the challenge map, it seems like you only have to do one lap under a certain time.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Mogomra posted:

Yeah, same here. When the textures work, everything looks pretty good, but there are times when they only load at a hilariously low resolution.

Ambient Occulsion on Player characters and water textures on Batman isn't even loving working. So, no, it doesn't look fine.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 24, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've said this before but:

Seriously, the Batmobile is effectively a Robotech Veratech/Macross Valkyrie. You're not supposed to just drive around unless you're fighting you're supposed to transform near-constantly.

Swap into tank mode constantly. The tank mode allows for absurd turns and easy breaking. The reason the game defaults to having it as a button press is because you're supposed to constantly jump in and out of it, not swap in for fighting/swap out for driving. I've had no problem with any of the Riddler challenges doing this.

There are times when it's useful to powerslide but that is primarily when you're doing a chase, have almost locked on to an enemy and don't want to break the lock or if you're afterburning and don't want to lose speed. (Primarily when going after guys like Firefly.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goddamn tracking down opera is annoying. Please tell me Alfred will just give me the intel at some point.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Had my first real crash. Bah.

I really, really like the game but today it's been crashing and has worse performance than it had yesterday somehow! I hope it's patched :(

Is it likely?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Utnayan posted:

That's because they were on a PS4 test bed. The PC port was in the oven, for get this...

6 loving weeks.

^^ True story. 6 weeks to port the game to PC.

No fuckin way, source on that, please.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Honest Thief posted:

No fuckin way, source on that, please.

From Rerolled:

spronk;1140840 posted:

Apparently the team that ported the PC version had 6 weeks and only 12 people, so they just slashed features until it kinda worked. There is no ambient occlusion and people are finding missing textures all the time. For now, if you have the choice between a console and PC you should play the console version

Here is a link to the images. Ambient Occlusion doesn't even work, and notice the water textures not even appearing on Batman.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?5116-Batman-Arkham-Knight/page7

You will love this one too. Someone also called out some shill on another site posting as a regular gamer (Big shock here I know) who was called out as being the executive director of marketing for Warner Brothers telling everyone they were babies and to just relax.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?5116-Batman-Arkham-Knight/page6

So the guy turned out to be Ryan Moore from Warner Brothers and they called out his bullshit. (Top post on page 6 in a spoiler)

Fun stuff.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 24, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Had my first real crash. Bah.

I really, really like the game but today it's been crashing and has worse performance than it had yesterday somehow! I hope it's patched :(

Is it likely?

There will be a patch of some kind, sure. What exactly it will address? :shrug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kin posted:

So far there have only been 2 races and i'm almost done with Riddler's "crazy underground poo poo". So the vitriol people have for the races is insane, especially as when it comes to the challenge map, it seems like you only have to do one lap under a certain time.

Yeah, I really don't get people's absurd anger over Riddler races considering they are pretty drat rare and not even really races. You're timed but the time limits are lenient and it's more about swapping blocks than Pro Speedracing Strats. They're not my favorite thing in the game by any means but it's at worst a minor part of the game.

Personally I find the lack of challenge rooms to be way way way more annoying. Those were one of my favorite parts of City and they appear to have been castrated in AK, which is nonsensical because they already have the setup for them.

Funky Valentine posted:

Goddamn tracking down opera is annoying. Please tell me Alfred will just give me the intel at some point.

He does. As near as I can tell if you leave ANY sidequest long enough Alfred tracks it down.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
All these tears from PC gamers (master race.) Every time a new game appears, it's time for a million posts on how to get your Frankenstein's Computer to play the game. It's like you guys are more into specs and tweaking than Being The Bat and/or Night.

Meanwhile, on Xbox One, game looks and plays great. I assume it does on PS4 as well. Zero problems with the Bone, though. Must be why people hate on it.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

They're not my favorite thing in the game by any means but it's at worst a minor part of the game.

Don't you have to do them all for 100 percent completion to get the "real" ending? Because if so, that does suck and elevates it from being just a minor annoyance.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

All these tears from PC gamers (master race.) Every time a new game appears, it's time for a million posts on how to get your Frankenstein's Computer to play the game. It's like you guys are more into specs and tweaking than Being The Bat and/or Night.

Not being to actually play the game does damper the mood, yes.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I downloaded the Harley/Scarecrow stuff on PS4, but no matter what I do I can't find it on the menu. Is there something I'm missing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Big Bidness posted:

Don't you have to do them all for 100 percent completion to get the "real" ending? Because if so, that does suck and elevates it from being just a minor annoyance.

No, even then they're a minor annoyance. They seriously take about 5 minutes tops and are some of the simplest racing in a game ever. (They're based more around swapping blocks than proper racing.) The annoying gimmicks in Arkham City where you have to pull Batman along on a raft are more time consuming.

I understand why people are getting upset because the game frontloads Batmobile stuff on you but they're seriously not hard segments at all.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 24, 2015

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

MinibarMatchman posted:

my disappointment level is through the loving roof if true. why on earth would anyone do this, that's like the biggest step backward you can possibly do.

I guess it's loving DLC because one of the dlc season pass items says "Players can become Batman or his allies in a series of standalone challenge maps." gently caress you WB, holy loving poo poo.

I hope this gets patched immediately. Who's idea was it to remove 1000's of hours of replayability. That has been in the series unchanged since arkham asylum.

Also I saw someone earlier asking how to drop from a ledge. It's now ctrl+middle mouse button. Another one of the ??? Controls. Along with the drone hack special being unusable without dying because you can't really dodge while using it. And the employee being the same button as flip. So if your tank flips over you are going to lose your special meter getting back upright. I remapped the special combo takedowns to R, Y, T so they are similar to city's except for the instant takedown which is now R instead of E

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Meanwhile, on Xbox One, game looks and plays great. I assume it does on PS4 as well. Zero problems with the Bone, though. Must be why people hate on it.

YCS is that way.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Aquasnake posted:

Also I saw someone earlier asking how to drop from a ledge. It's now ctrl+middle mouse button. Another one of the ??? Controls. Along with the drone hack special being unusable without dying because you can't really dodge while using it. And the employee being the same button as flip. So if your tank flips over you are going to lose your special meter getting back upright. I remapped the special combo takedowns to R, Y, T so they are similar to city's except for the instant takedown which is now R instead of E

I feel that every single PC control is the preference to the person setting them up rather than Q&A.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

Also I saw someone earlier asking how to drop from a ledge. It's now ctrl+middle mouse button. Another one of the ??? Controls.
THANK YOU

wtf

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 24, 2015

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

redbackground posted:

Not being to actually play the game does damper the mood, yes.

And considering how well done the previous games were done it does seem like a piss take that things are the way they are.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Utnayan posted:

Ambient Occulsion on Player characters and water textures on Batman isn't even loving working. So, no, it doesn't look fine.

There's so much other poo poo to look at that I don't even notice those things. It's still doesn't look bad. v:shobon:v

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ImpAtom posted:

No, even then they're a minor annoyance. They seriously take about 5 minutes tops and are some of the simplest racing in a game ever. (They're based more around swapping blocks than proper racing.) The annoying gimmicks in Arkham City where you have to pull Batman along on a raft are more time consuming.

I understand why people are getting upset because the game frontloads Batmobile stuff on you but they're seriously not hard segments at all.

Yeah, like the first one was maybe a little tricky because i was still getting used to the batmobile's handling, but the second one was pretty easy and i had an absurd amount of time remaining. Then i went back and did the challenge map for the first one and got the 3 stars on my second or third try.

It's easy, people are being hyperbolic idiots.

Aquasnake posted:

I hope this gets patched immediately. Who's idea was it to remove 1000's of hours of replayability. That has been in the series unchanged since arkham asylum.

Case in point.

You can control all the characters at various points in single player (for combat sequences), i've come across riddler trophies out in the city that infer i need to control a character that's currently locked away in a building. I get the feeling that once you've beaten the game you'll be able to swap characters for challenges.

Kin fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 24, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kin posted:

Yeah, like the first one was maybe a little tricky because i was still getting used to the batmobile's handling, but the second one was pretty easy and i had an absurd amount of time remaining. Then i went back and did the challenge map for the first one and got the 3 stars on my second or third try.

It's easy, people are being hyperbolic idiots.

The biggest problem with the Batmobile is that everything else in the game is better. I don't dislike the Batmobile but it's the weakest part of the game where the combat and predator segments are way way better. It isn't even good at transportation as the new improved grapple boost because at max upgrade that thing is a rocket-boost that outpaces anything else in the game.

I think the most damning thing I can say about the Batmobile is this: There's never a time, except for the designated puzzles where it is required, where I go "The Batmobile is the best choice for this situation."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

YCS is that way.

YCS doesn't exist anymore, and if they did, they would rape this guys peasant rear end.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Utnayan posted:

From Rerolled:

Here is a link to the images. Ambient Occlusion doesn't even work, and notice the water textures not even appearing on Batman.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?5116-Batman-Arkham-Knight/page7

You will love this one too. Someone also called out some shill on another site posting as a regular gamer (Big shock here I know) who was called out as being the executive director of marketing for Warner Brothers telling everyone they were babies and to just relax.

So the guy turned out to be Ryan Moore from Warner Brothers and they called out his bullshit. (Top post on page 6 in a spoiler)

Fun stuff.
This is fuckin precious lol after MKX turned out I should have known to go with PS4

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

This is really quite masterfully done. Just enough modern smugness to mock those dumb PC gamers (haha see they think they're the master race, like they're living in antebellum south) and then coupled with the perception of heh those nerds, unlike me, im a mentally well normal cool person who just likes to shoot the poo poo and chill by playing as badass batman, 1) nothing wrong with me 2) nothing wrong with me, i just want to beat-up baddies like a chill cool person. Throw in a dash of sarcasm and inference that nerds hate the bone with a fiery passion only quenched by the horrendous sharktank and then associate people must hate it for that reason.

Quite the masterfully crafted post to induce anger and make dem nerdy goons all frustrated and angry. I think we can get along my friend :hfive:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Fun stuff.

Is there any other proof aside from the names being the same?

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/ryan%2Bmoore/keywords_users

It's an interesting coincidence but Ryan Moore isn't a particularly exotic name...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The biggest problem with the Batmobile is that everything else in the game is better. I don't dislike the Batmobile but it's the weakest part of the game where the combat and predator segments are way way better. It isn't even good at transportation as the new improved grapple boost because at max upgrade that thing is a rocket-boost that outpaces anything else in the game.

I think the most damning thing I can say about the Batmobile is this: There's never a time, except for the designated puzzles where it is required, where I go "The Batmobile is the best choice for this situation."

See, I actually disagree. I've found plenty of times where I figured the best option for a scenario was "do nonlethal sicknasty doughnuts over dudes heads." Pretty much if I ever have the option to use the car, I'm gonna use it.

Then again, I just kinda love driving in games. I'm one of the only people who remembered that summoning the Druid Plow is a Thing That You Can Do in the RTS fights in Brütal Legends.

• Locked thread