Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Sir_Charles posted:

I'm playing this game on a i7 2600k and GTX 970 at 1080p with the fps limiter at 60 and all the bells and whistles turned on and it runs great. I was pretty surprised but I guess I got lucky.

Honestly, posting specs and performance is really silly. Like I said a few pages back, this is running flawlessly for me at 60fps+ on an older card (760 GTX) with everything maxed. Whether or not it runs well has nothing to do with your specs. It just convinces people that maybe it'll run okay on their powerful machines, when it's probably just as likely to run like rear end as it is for someone on a five year old computer. No one should really consider picking this up on PC right now unless that $22 deal is still going and you're cool with waiting 4-6 months for a patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

ImpAtom posted:

He does. As near as I can tell if you leave ANY sidequest long enough Alfred tracks it down.

Any idea how long this is? I've tried to track down azreal a few times after the first one and batman's just like. I'll go look for burning rooftops. I don't want to have to check every roof in the city for a burning bat symbol.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
They really should just stop trying to launch PC games day 1, it doesn't work anymore. You either delay the release for parity, or release a botched PC port.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

Any idea how long this is? I've tried to track down azreal a few times after the first one and batman's just like. I'll go look for burning rooftops. I don't want to have to check every roof in the city for a burning bat symbol.

I'm not clear, sorry. For what it is worth Azrael didn't pop up for me before I found him myself. Neither did FIrefly but Firefly is super easy to track down.

Broseph Brostar posted:

They really should just stop trying to launch PC games day 1, it doesn't work anymore. You either delay the release for parity, or release a botched PC port.

Well, this is just kind of absurdly unacceptable even by bad PC port standards.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

Honestly, posting specs and performance is really silly. Like I said a few pages back, this is running flawlessly for me at 60fps+ on an older card (760 GTX) with everything maxed. Whether or not it runs well has nothing to do with your specs. It just convinces people that maybe it'll run okay on their powerful machines, when it's probably just as likely to run like rear end as it is for someone on a five year old computer. No one should really consider picking this up on PC right now unless that $22 deal is still going and you're cool with waiting 4-6 months for a patch.

Yeah I'm not recommending anyone purchase this game, but after reading about the issues everyone was having I was expecting to have to refund it when I got home only to be pleasantly surprised that it ran fine for me. Hence "I guess I got lucky"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Batmobile owns, except for tedious puzzle bullshit.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Xaris posted:

This is really quite masterfully done. Just enough modern smugness to mock those dumb PC gamers (haha see they think they're the master race, like they're living in antebellum south) and then coupled with the perception of heh those nerds, unlike me, im a mentally well normal cool person who just likes to shoot the poo poo and chill by playing as badass batman, 1) nothing wrong with me 2) nothing wrong with me, i just want to beat-up baddies like a chill cool person. Throw in a dash of sarcasm and inference that nerds hate the bone with a fiery passion only quenched by the horrendous sharktank and then associate people must hate it for that reason.

Quite the masterfully crafted post to induce anger and make dem nerdy goons all frustrated and angry. I think we can get along my friend :hfive:

Your post is worse.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wish it wasn't such a pain in the rear end to find the bodies from the serial killer. You've gotta be almost on top of the bodies to hear the music, whereas you can spot the firemen on the other side of the map using detective vision.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
So just finished ace chemicals

I really hope the joker's blood thing is just Batman getting dosed with the toxin and not what's actually happening. Because that's amazingly stupid. It's like something you'd come up with to make fun of ridiculous comic book plots. Batman's fear being turning into Joker would make complete sense anyway, instead of being a Fight Club / Farscape ripoff.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Oof, stuff like this is why I abandoned the pc as my go-to platform for games, big releases especially. It's ridiculous how badly they handled this.

Played for a couple hours on the xbone last night and it was pretty fun. I didn't really accomplish much, since I moved really slowly through the game, taking in all the little details. The Batmobile is a lot of fun so far, but admittedly I haven't been really forced to do anything with it yet, so we'll see how that goes. Only real complaint is that the voice work and dialogue at times is pretty meh. Enough so that it can take me out of the moment. The better games look the worse even average voice work becomes, because it's so incongruous. Scarecrow's voice actor is decent tho.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 24, 2015

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
SHOCKING Interview with Rocksteady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBngocx0DhI

In all seriousness, the game is a trainwreck.

It looks worse than consoles, runs worse on more powerful hardware, and is capped at 30FPS.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Spite posted:

So just finished ace chemicals

I really hope the joker's blood thing is just Batman getting dosed with the toxin and not what's actually happening. Because that's amazingly stupid. It's like something you'd come up with to make fun of ridiculous comic book plots. Batman's fear being turning into Joker would make complete sense anyway, instead of being a Fight Club / Farscape ripoff.

I thought it was going to be dumb as hell, but its actually the best part of the game so far

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Ugh, I really hope the PS exclusive skins and Harley's little side story are worth all this. It's been downloading since Monday and it's still got 12 hours to go.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Paradoxish posted:

Mine is always working reasonably well at max settings on an older card (780 GTX). Maybe part of the problem is newer cards? :shrug:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Joker is extremely good. He's pretty much at his best for the series.. the poo poo he says about Barbara in the Clock Tower had me like 😂

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm not a console gamer, but for Father's day my wife ordered me the special edition PS4 with the Arkham decal on it. It arrives tonight. I'm so loving stoked to play this. Someone tell me something good!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Who does Jokers voice? Didn't Hamil retire?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

I'm not a console gamer, but for Father's day my wife ordered me the special edition PS4 with the Arkham decal on it. It arrives tonight. I'm so loving stoked to play this. Someone tell me something good!

In the combat system you now have environmental objects ala Sleeping Dogs you can use to fight. Batman will jump off a guy, use his Batarang to cut a lamp and send it crashing down on people, or ram them (non-lethally, of course) into an electrical box.

There are predator room guys with drones. If you get close enough to the Drone controller you can hack his control pad, take control of the drone, and use it to nuke all his friends. Non-lethally, of course, despite it being a lethal weapon when used on you.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

net cafe scandal posted:

The Joker is extremely good. He's pretty much at his best for the series.. the poo poo he says about Barbara in the Clock Tower had me like 😂

agreed friend

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Who does Jokers voice? Didn't Hamil retire?

Hamil retired yes. Several reasons are often cited for why, but the most common one is that he was sick of how much the voice hurt to do.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

net cafe scandal posted:

the voicemails he leaves in your office at Wayne Tower and the way he handles the "ambush" after you meet Penguin for the first time are great

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think it's funny that so many people here are amped about the environment takedowns but the only ones anyone has seen are the lamp and electrical box ones, so they just mention them over and over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I think it's funny that so many people here are amped about the environment takedowns but the only ones anyone has seen are the lamp and electrical box ones, so they just mention them over and over.

No, there's also walls you can smash people into, windows you can throw them through, and various things around the environment you can pick up and throw at people. People mention those because they are the coolest.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Flytrap posted:

Hamil retired yes. Several reasons are often cited for why, but the most common one is that he was sick of how much the voice hurt to do.

Mark Hamill voices him in this game, you doofus.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Flytrap posted:

Ugh, I really hope the PS exclusive skins and Harley's little side story are worth all this. It's been downloading since Monday and it's still got 12 hours to go.

son it really might be time to get a better internet because wtf

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Flytrap posted:

:aslol:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"You can't save all of her since I already killed half!" is a pretty good line.

I enjoy what they are doing with him so far. Who knew the best use of the Joker would be having him off to the side telling jokes like some kind of, I dunno... jester.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
Greenman is apparently going to be offering refunds but only *after* Rocksteady releases a PC patch

Greenman Gaming posted:

Hi folks,

We're aware that a number of users have been having issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight, and we're talking to Warner Bros who are resolved to address these concerns. You can find WB's official response to the issues here.

Warner Bros. are currently working on a patch which we are hoping will be released soon. We want you to enjoy your game, but if after the fix has been released, you still cannot play your game, we will process refund requests for the game.
http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-guidelines.html

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Mark Hamill voices him in this game, you doofus.

Seriously? This makes, what, the fourth time he's came back after saying that he was done with the role?

MinibarMatchman posted:

son it really might be time to get a better internet because wtf

I live in bugfuck nowhere. My options are what I have and something that's even slower and even more limited. Given, the console was off for most of yesterday so it couldn't download, but still, it shouldn't have taken more than a day. I can still play online games just fine, the connection isn't THAT bad.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 24, 2015

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Broseph Brostar posted:

Or you could just not outsource the PC port to people who ware willing to work for foil and bits of string. Crazy I know.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Apparently installing the game on an SSD makes a significant performance difference, which might help explain why my mid-range system runs it without any problems at mid-range settings.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SonicRulez posted:

Oh my loving god, really? Joker? I can't even cut the fucker off. He just shows up to babble every 5 seconds. Barbara dies and I can't even get emotional about it because I have Joker giggling WHILE IT'S HAPPENING! I know they want to force this guy in every game, but I had hoped enough would be enough. One scene. Not the entire game. Really ruining it.

Batman: Arkham Joker? Joker: Arkham Knight? Joker: Arkham Joker?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Irradiation posted:

Mine is always working reasonably well at max settings on an older card (780 GTX). Maybe part of the problem is newer cards? :shrug:

Nope, works fine on my 970 and some with the same card or a 980 are having issues. Might be due to running off an SSD too, who knows.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 24, 2015

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Solve this Riddler puzzle for me

http://i.imgur.com/dwmmMSH.jpg

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
So this may or may not be a thing:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/report-batman-arkham-knight-uses-directx-10-when-nvidia-gameworks-are-activated/

Pretty dumb if true.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Grey Fox posted:

Apparently installing the game on an SSD makes a significant performance difference, which might help explain why my mid-range system runs it without any problems at mid-range settings.

I've got it installed on an SSD and the framerate is still all over the place on a 970. The framerate while in the batmobile is straight-up unplayable most of the time though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ImpAtom posted:

No, there's also walls you can smash people into, windows you can throw them through, and various things around the environment you can pick up and throw at people. People mention those because they are the coolest.

Is it impressive if you did the same thing in Sleeping Dogs back in 2012?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

Is it impressive if you did the same thing in Sleeping Dogs back in 2012?

It's impressive in that it's part of a more polished and better designed combat system. It isn't ~brand new~ but it's well-integrated and fun.

plape tickler posted:

Solve this Riddler puzzle for me

http://i.imgur.com/dwmmMSH.jpg

Look below the boxes. There is an open space. Lock the boxes so that when you tilt it you can get up into that space. Repeat until you get to the trophy.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Phoix posted:

I've got it installed on an SSD and the framerate is still all over the place on a 970. The framerate while in the batmobile is straight-up unplayable most of the time though.

Same. I can run it at ~60ish during normal running around but the batmobile just absolutely tanks it, down into the 20s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

slev posted:

Really happy steam refunds are a thing now

GreenManGaming says I can't get a refund because it's been seven days and I already have the product on Steam.

And I can't get a refund from Steam because I didn't buy it there.

:shepicide:

• Locked thread