Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think Solid Snake would admire Batman, but Big Boss would find him tacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Realistically, batman would beat snake, but I would be rooting for him.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I think Solid Snake would admire Batman, but Big Boss would find him tacky.

the most likely scenario

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Realistically speaking Batman would be a pawn of the Patriots

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

what would win in a fight, CQC or XYX

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This game owns

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id appreciate if all batman fans could help defend my list of the best games of all time which i feel may be trolled... http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727598

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think batman and big boss would admire eachother's muscles

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Solid Snake would lose but he had to to save the world in an insane twist. Batman would consider snake the better man in the end.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

All the sudden the stuttering in my game got bad so I can't really play this anymore. I hope Dave Lang gets his sack ripped off

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

All the sudden the stuttering in my game got bad so I can't really play this anymore. I hope Dave Lang gets his sack ripped off

I can get it playable for up to half an hour with motion blur off and everything on low. I'm overclocking my video card too but I dunno if that's helping or making it worse. It's pissing me off because the game itself is so much fun, even the batmobile crap.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can get it playable for up to half an hour with motion blur off and everything on low. I'm overclocking my video card too but I dunno if that's helping or making it worse. It's pissing me off because the game itself is so much fun, even the batmobile crap.

lol why are there bad memory leaks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Why are they talking about the witcher 3 in the batman thread wtf

Why are they talking about Dark Souls in the Imp Zone Batman thread? It's called 'conversation', you hopeless Sperg.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

This. Batman could overpower many in a hand to hand fight, but in an SOP network society (I'm assuming Batman games take place circa present day) his gadgets would be under the control of the Patriots and his avenues of escape and wily inventions would be crippled. This show of dominance would likely sway him to join Ocelot without a fight, so he can use his tools again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Batman and Snake would do battle because Snake instinctively attacks weirdos with animal names.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Snake: Damnit, he's fast.

Colonelr: Watch it Snake, he uses fear to intimidate and weaken his opponents. Don;t let him catch you off guard.

Snake: He's got a nice rear end under that cape...

Colonel: Snake, be careful!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Colonelr: Watch it Snake, he uses fear to intimidate and weaken his opponents. Don;t let him catch you off guard.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

hahaha

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
:ocelot:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Returned my PC copy. It's just a really horrible port (FPS capped at 30, dips down to basically nothing during batmobile sections, other annoying issues) and the response from the developers has been really bad on their PC forums:

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

Picking it up for console instead because the game itself is fun as hell and it looks like the console version doesn't have the issues.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Returned my PC copy. It's just a really horrible port (FPS capped at 30, dips down to basically nothing during batmobile sections, other annoying issues) and the response from the developers has been really bad on their PC forums:

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

Picking it up for console instead because the game itself is fun as hell and it looks like the console version doesn't have the issues.

That's a drat shame. It's like the bad old days of PC ports

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

That's a drat shame. It's like the bad old days of PC ports

I'm cool with it because consoles need love too and the game itself is really good; just a lovely port.

It should have been a red flag when the PC version didn't get released to reviewers before launch, only the consoles.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Drew Curtis is the Farkam Knight

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol the nvidia showcasing videos were sped up to be 60 fps

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They outsourced the port to an "external PC developer":

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341

Greenman is also issuing refunds in the event that the, uh, "fix" coming "soon" doesn't fix it:

http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-guidelines.html

I've got my PS4 copy and it runs WAY better so far. Great game, just stay the gently caress away from it on PC.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm sure when I pick it up for $5 next year they'll have the kinks work out, semper pc gaming.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its messed up they refuse to say who worked on the port

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

elf help book posted:

its messed up they refuse to say who worked on the port

Apparently it's Galaxy Studios, and it was 12 people total working on the port. Their previous smash hits include:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy_Studios

*iOS games
*Borderlands for the PS Vita

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought it was Iron Galaxy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Apparently it's Galaxy Studios, and it was 12 people total working on the port. Their previous smash hits include:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy_Studios

*iOS games
*Borderlands for the PS Vita

They also made Divekick which is epic

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

U gotta see the Nvidia video to believe it.. the thug voices are all sped up. They belong in Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

They also made Divekick which is epic

lol

• Locked thread