Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Commissar Budgie posted:

He said small raids, not small girls.

And furries, but its still fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Monomythian posted:

That's Tera. :getin:

Sorry I can't get into Tera. My very first day involved 2 hours of zone chat discussing why wanting to bang the loli wasn't pedophilia. The fact that consensus landed on the side it shouldn't have left an ashen taste in my mouth.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Sorry I can't get into Tera. My very first day involved 2 hours of zone chat discussing why wanting to bang the loli wasn't pedophilia. The fact that consensus landed on the side it shouldn't have left an ashen taste in my mouth.

That describes zone chat of every mmo in existence.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
tera's american servers are probably a giant honeypot to immediately put pedos on a surveillance list

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

lol expectations about zone chat in an mmo

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Barrens Chat: The game

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

you can turn the chat off hth

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

skills as in you could make a build specifically to destroy FotM builds instantly in the cool multiplayer PvP Turtle Game.

You could and you can right now even more because there is no meta at the moment. Mind you I'm not a big fan of sPVP in GW2 but they do some things so incredibly well that I put up with the some bland aspects of it. The biggest thing being the equal footing everyone is on. Gear/Level/Grinding don't matter, which makes it quite a lot more skill based than the majority of popular MMOs out there.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WarLocke posted:

Or if you don't like anime pedobait you could wait for Skyforge, the closed beta seems pretty cool so far.

Skyforge is like a bland piece of cardboard sprinkled with cardboard dust that's been thrown into an oven. MmmM Good.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

theultimo posted:

Barrens Chat: The game

The worst thing Blizzard ever did was split The Barrens in two. Now where will I make myself feel better by telling people where Mankrik's wife is? (Protip: she is in Blackrock Mountain)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

BigPaddy posted:

Now where will I make myself feel better by telling people where Mankrik's wife is? (Protip: she is in Blackrock Mountain)
Apparently there is now a fairly successful private server where this magic still happens.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stanley Pain posted:

Skyforge is like a bland piece of cardboard sprinkled with cardboard dust that's been thrown into an oven. MmmM Good.

So like those $2 pizzas I get from CVS?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Givin posted:

Pretty sure it's the same person. Credit to Jackard for finding it.

Is this him irl?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

WarLocke posted:

Or if you don't like anime pedobait you could wait for Skyforge, the closed beta seems pretty cool so far.

TERA's combat is more satisfying than Skyforge though. That plus TERA is your typical MMO open world where as Skyforge is more like Vindictus. Yes...Elin...but honestly I never found them difficult to ignore while I smash a huge gently caress off sword into the face of some demon as my FOV is really far back so I can see the enemy telegraphs properly.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Xavier434 posted:

TERA's combat is more satisfying than Skyforge though. That plus TERA is your typical MMO open world where as Skyforge is more like Vindictus. Yes...Elin...but honestly I never found them difficult to ignore while I smash a huge gently caress off sword into the face of some demon as my FOV is really far back so I can see the enemy telegraphs properly.

It's just goony hypersensitivity to anime poo poo.

I showed my wife Tera and she said the Elin were cute, I told her they are one of the more popular races, she asked me if it was because lots of girls play the game.

This is how a normal person/the devs think.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Monomythian posted:

I showed my wife Tera and she said the Elin were cute, I told her they are one of the more popular races, she asked me if it was because lots of girls play the game.

a lot of girls and disgusting pedophile scum openly discussing their lust for nubile young rabbit girls in every chat channel

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Thunderbro posted:

a lot of girls and disgusting pedophile scum openly discussing their lust for nubile young rabbit girls in every chat channel

The first thing you do in Tera is disable global. Fixes a ton of issues.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Monomythian posted:

My wife thought the same thing actually.

Thunderbro posted:

I usually turn chat off in this game but honestly I never saw a ton of pedo talk other than the same type of conversations that happen here on SA. They do happen rather frequently though so I made a custom chat channel called "STFU" which works nicely.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

theultimo posted:

The first thing you do in Teraall MMOGs is disable global. Fixes a ton of issues.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Parker Lewis posted:

[*] Vistas, exploration points, interesting zone design, rewards for fully completing a zone encourage players to explore zones vs. WoD's endgame of sitting in your garrison all day and Blizzard having to hamfist reasons for players to actually leave their garrison and do world PVE content (flying pre-reqs in 6.2)
[/list]

Wildstar actually does have this with paths, particularly explorer. GW2's implementation is better, though. Or maybe the implementation is similar and the game is just better...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pierson posted:

Apparently there is now a fairly successful private server where this magic still happens.

As opposed to the dozens of unsuccessful ones?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

cthulhoo posted:

you can turn the chat off hth

seriously do this, it immediately makes Tera a hundred times better. Also you can probably mod the client so elins are like, crates or barrels or some generic poo poo, oddly they don't try too hard to prevent that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Xavier434 posted:

I usually turn chat off in this game but honestly I never saw a ton of pedo talk other than the same type of conversations that happen here on SA. They do happen rather frequently though so I made a custom chat channel called "STFU" which works nicely.

Being completely honest here, I saw a lot of open pedo talk. I'm sure it's all 100% ironic JUST LIKE HERE

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

seriously do this, it immediately makes Tera a hundred times better.

well you can't act all offended on somethingawful dot com later so obviously thats not acceptable course of action here

gotta show everyone what a great goon you are unlike those guys in a game because everyone here truly gives a poo poo

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
im not sure why not wanting to play a game filled with pedophiles is so offensive to some goons

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

its more like the whole "oh no online games have terrible people playing them!!1" narrative is really boring and dumb

turn off pubbie chat in all games and get on with your life, nobody cares about you being allegedly superior to some 12 yo sperm-intoxicated retard cranking it to whatever

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cthulhoo posted:

its more like the whole "oh no online games have terrible people playing them!!1" narrative is really boring and dumb

turn off pubbie chat in all games and get on with your life, nobody cares about you being allegedly superior to some 12 yo sperm-intoxicated retard cranking it to whatever

Pmuch this.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

RottenK posted:

im not sure why not wanting to play a game filled with pedophiles is so offensive to some goons

don't worry dude you can just ignore everyone in a massively multiplayer online game and put on blinders to forget you're playing a game with preteen bunny girls in, and from, a society where bunny girls are explicitly sex objects

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
Huh. I saw that I could make a bulldog smoking a pipe and thought, "Better than an elf."
Didn't notice anything but demon chicks and other pipe smoking fat racoons and bulldogs with giant shields and plate armor.

I just enjoyed the absurdity.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
So you shouldn't play Wildstar because the community is dumb and obsessed with being "hardcore", while you should play Tera despite the fact that literal pedophilia is rampant?

I don't think I get that.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
No, didn't say that. Just mentioned the only things I saw - like, 2 years ago I think - were dogs smoking pipes and tall demon chicks.

If there are pedos in the game - like in Blade and Soul, or Archeage from what I hear - I'll give it a permanent pass.

As for Wildstar, I will probably play a bit when it goes free since I like levelling and playing with housing - but never raid - so their "hardcore" bullshit is a non-issue for me.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Deki posted:

So you shouldn't play Wildstar because the community is dumb and obsessed with being "hardcore", while you should play Tera despite the fact that literal pedophilia is rampant?

You shouldn't play wildstar because the developers are obsessed with being "hardcore". The community of all MMOs is packed to the rafters with imbeciles and deviants, that's not going to change regardless of which one you play.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Deki posted:

:eng101: the key difference is wildstar is a poo poo game while tera is not despite all the retarded anime poo poo and such bolted on a pretty good combat engine

also i dont think anyone really gives a gently caress about wildstar community its just one of the mocking vectors itt

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Thunderbro posted:

don't worry dude you can just ignore everyone in a massively multiplayer online game and put on blinders to forget you're playing a game with preteen bunny girls in, and from, a society where bunny girls are explicitly sex objects

does it bother you that ADTRW exists here?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Flesh Forge posted:

does it bother you that ADTRW exists here?

i thought they ban child appreciators

isn't that how 4chan started

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Valatar posted:

The community of all MMOs is packed to the rafters with imbeciles and deviants, that's not going to change regardless of which one you play.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

RottenK posted:

i thought they ban child appreciators

isn't that how 4chan started

it's a forum dedicated to media that is largely about preteen girls, from a country that explicitly sexualizes preteen girls :shrug:

and furthermore ffffaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttt

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

it's a forum dedicated to media that is largely about preteen girls, from a country that explicitly sexualizes preteen girls :shrug:

and furthermore ffffaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttt

literally nothing about this post is correct

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lol at your unironic defense of anime forum

buh buh tera pedophiles hurr durr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Thunderbro posted: