Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's just some nerd. if I want to hear some nerd I could just turn around on the couch

Polo-Rican posted:

Also, the game mode where you choose a group of characters, and then you get one stock of each. It's the most fun game mode in any smash game.
yeah this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

At first i thought this just was bad but then they took off the King in King DeDeDe and now I'm mad

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

At first i thought this just was bad but then they took off the King in King DeDeDe and now I'm mad

Would you prefer the 3.5 announcer that says "King D!"?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That's really bad. They better find a new one

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Polo-Rican posted:

Also, the game mode where you choose a group of characters, and then you get one stock of each. It's the most fun game mode in any smash game.

This is actually in smash 4, but only as the final battle in smash tour mode lmao

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Project M... is Epic.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^^^^ Good.

disgusting.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

He mispronounces Fucks McCloud how am I supposed to make dirty sentences with three controllers now?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That is the announcer that PM deserves.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lmao

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

agreed

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftzaKYLfDs0

recovery science

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
So that is, accounting for the corrections in annotations and in the video itself, 16 characters (discounting three miis, and I'm pretty sure brawler could make it with different moves) that can't make it. Out of a cast of around 50. And at least some that can't make it could with customs (Palutena immediately comes to mind. Superspeed or Angelic Missile should both do it).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm so glad that no Fire Emblem character makes it.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Gaffle posted:

This is actually in smash 4, but only as the final battle in smash tour mode lmao

You're right!! I never really thought about this! God Dammit Nintendo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Kantesu posted:

So that is, accounting for the corrections in annotations and in the video itself, 16 characters (discounting three miis, and I'm pretty sure brawler could make it with different moves) that can't make it. Out of a cast of around 50. And at least some that can't make it could with customs (Palutena immediately comes to mind. Superspeed or Angelic Missile should both do it).

Don't forget that it's impossible to ledgehog in this game also

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The spike game is way more interesting, in my opinion. Most characters can make it back, assuming you let them. There's a really big incentive to go out and fight them off-platform. A fun fact for you: Pikachu actually has a very stylish offstage spike game, but most people only fall for it once or twice before you really have to work at getting them to fall for it again.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

NTT posted:

Don't forget that it's impossible to ledgehog in this game also
Sort of-you can still trump people, which often leads to more interesting situations and punishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYNxxGjkVCs

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kantesu posted:

(Palutena immediately comes to mind. Superspeed or Angelic Missile should both do it).

jump glide would do it no problem, lightweight should also do it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'm so glad that no Fire Emblem character makes it.

I am sorry to hear that. Please do not let hatred consume your Smash life, friend. Cheer for all characters, their triumphs, and their tragedies.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its hosed up that Super Mario cant make that jump but all of his friends can

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Mario sacrificed his life to show his friends how to clear the gap. What a stand up guy.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It would be more interesting if the wall wasn't lava so walljumping characters could show off their moves

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sharrrk posted:

its hosed up that Super Mario cant make that jump but all of his friends can

It's karmic retribution for the Super Mario World Yoshi jump. Your sins in life will always catch up with you.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Roy's dash is so good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

It's karmic retribution for the Super Mario World Yoshi jump. Your sins in life will always catch up with you.

see also: mega man leaving his dog to burn in the lava

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Luca's bair is the most satisfying spike in the game.

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

IronicDongz posted:

Luca's bair is the most satisfying spike in the game.

Yes.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I have no idea if this is from the new Project M version or if it's a separate mod or something but whatever it owns

http://gfycat.com/NeedyLimpingAnnashummingbird

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Panic Restaurant posted:

I have no idea if this is from the new Project M version or if it's a separate mod or something but whatever it owns

this is what I needed in my life

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Why do all the neat custom b moves in this game have a ton of endlag for no good reason. Even the ones that are supposed to be faster!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Raserys posted:

I am sorry to hear that. Please do not let hatred consume your Smash life, friend. Cheer for all characters, their triumphs, and their tragedies.

This.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
tfw you're ness and you meet a lucas online, and taunt at the start and he taunts back, and you have a really close good match. and then forget to save the replay

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Put the doofs from Elite Beat Agents in, I could dig it

Or Leon Kennedy from his Resi-4 days, that would be bananas

"You're small time kirby!" *drops suplex*

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

tfw you're ness and you meet a lucas online, and taunt at the start and he taunts back, and you have a really close good match. and then forget to save the replay

I don't whack people or anything, but I don't reciprocate the taunt anymore

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't whack people or anything, but I don't reciprocate the taunt anymore

In For Fun matches I always just stand around until somebody tries to attack me. For some reason it's fun just to sit there like an oaf but then absolutely destroy anybody who tries to pick a fight.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

In For Fun matches I always just stand around until somebody tries to attack me. For some reason it's fun just to sit there like an oaf but then absolutely destroy anybody who tries to pick a fight.

People do this in For Glory too and it's because it's way safer to shield/punish than it is to approach/attack, and it's pretty obnoxious.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I know that. But nobody cares in For Fun.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Panic Restaurant posted:

Surely I'm not the only one here who got that reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I had a dream where they added a boatload of new characters, and overhauled a bunch of others including new skins. They added Hector, Alan Wake (instead of Professor Layton, which i was sad about but was excited at the idea of Alan Wake) and K Rool, and they even made up a rocker persona for K Rool to fit that he is a different gimmick every game. I cried tears of joy in this dream. Thats all i remember.

• Locked thread