Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Batman: Arkham Knight: He is BASED! U r a fa-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
More dead horse beating. Eurogamer put up a new article expanding on their experience of the PC version. Mostly repeating what most of us know already but still a decent read and comparison shots and videos as usual.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-batman-arkham-knight-pc-lacks-console-visual-features

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arkhamverse Riddler may actually be the best version of the character ever.

All the side stories you pick up from Riddles are pretty good, just a pain in the rear end to get.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm at work so I can't actually watch Youtube, but someone posted the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjmLNZtvxk

Apparently the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60fps. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed.

Holy poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm at work so I can't actually watch Youtube, but someone posted the following link:

Apparently the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60fps. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed.

lmao

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

ahahahaahahah this is great

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

JetsGuy posted:

I too am enjoying this good game, but on a PS4.

Then again, I should remind myself that PS4 is a scrub system compared to the PC MASTER RACE. Until PS4 needlessly goes above 1080p, which PCs can. It doesn't matter that most TV setups are such that it's physically impossible for most people to resolve much past 1080p, PCs are clearly the master race because better resolutions are needed for a monitor you're 10" away from.

Yeah higher PPI when you're a couple feet away from your monitor is pointless. Oh wait no its not.

I know you're trying to troll, but this is stupid.

Norns fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 24, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope the external PC developers now work on developing incredibly painful debilitating stomach ulcers.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Norns posted:

Yeah higher PPI when you're a couple feet away from your monitor is pointless. Oh wait no its not.

I know your trying to troll, but this is stupid.

You're the quintessential PC guy everyone hates.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

net cafe scandal posted:

You're the quintessential PC guy everyone hates.

Good to know.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not sure about the others, but did you turn on "ignore DS4" in DS4Windows? I was able to use it just fine.

YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD IT WORKS

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I hope the external PC developers now work on developing incredibly painful debilitating stomach ulcers.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

JetsGuy posted:

I too am enjoying this good game, but on a PS4.

Then again, I should remind myself that PS4 is a scrub system compared to the PC MASTER RACE. Until PS4 needlessly goes above 1080p, which PCs can. It doesn't matter that most TV setups are such that it's physically impossible for most people to resolve much past 1080p, PCs are clearly the master race because better resolutions are needed for a monitor you're 10" away from.

The fun we are having gladdens my heart, friend.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Norns posted:

I know you're trying to troll, but this is stupid.

I was actually being serious about that last part. :)

It is seriously retarded though when people talk about how consoles "should" have better than 1080 for the reason I said. Unless you have a 100"+ TV, there's literally no reason for anything over 1080 for console or TV in general. Or unless you have superhero vision or something.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 24, 2015

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I know it is not going to happen, but wouldn't this be grounds for suing them for false advertising? Then again it doesn't say 60 FPS anywhere, does it?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

More dead horse beating. Eurogamer put up a new article expanding on their experience of the PC version. Mostly repeating what most of us know already but still a decent read and comparison shots and videos as usual.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-batman-arkham-knight-pc-lacks-console-visual-features

Everyone on PC should read this lol. This game is hosed to an insane degree.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Hopper posted:

I know it is not going to happen, but wouldn't this be grounds for suing them for false advertising? Then again it doesn't say 60 FPS anywhere, does it?

How did that Aliens: Colonial Marines lawsuit go? I'm assuming about as well as a video game boycott.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No idea, I was just wondering why they would take a risk like that.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Tell me this breaks a pro consumer law in the EU about false advertising or something. That'd be p funny

E: Beaten like Zasz

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Aside from the 60fps, that promo specifically brags about rain effects, and isn't one of the huge issues right now that the PC doesn't have the rain textures?

Hopper posted:

No idea, I was just wondering why they would take a risk like that.

The point, which I badly made, is that aside from very very very rare circumstances, game companies get away with this poo poo. The Aliens game outright lied in their promos and I'm fairly certain that lawsuit went nowhere.

The parent company still mad about how people were upset that they lied about their game.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I"m not sure if I'm right about this, will test it out later, but the Batmobile's powerslide seems to behave better if you just tap square once before the turn rather than holding it throughout the slide. I dunno, need to mess with it more, but I seemed to have better control that way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't get the point of it. Like I can understand trying to trick a group of people who think Youtube is magic pixies but video game nerds are loving nuts and you are going to get figured out and it is going to get linked several million times across the internet.

I know "all publicity is good publicity" but I don't think that applies to something like this.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Tell me this breaks a pro consumer law in the EU about false advertising or something. That'd be p funny

Yeah, in America it's basically impossible, but a real consumer-friendly country might be able to take a run at a lawsuit.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, in America it's basically impossible, but a real consumer-friendly country might be able to take a run at a lawsuit.

I think that's having entirely too much faith in any court system. There's no specific promises in there and they can just say it's a promo video and obviously some changes had to be made before the finished product. I mean, yeah, in the spirit of things, they conned PC players, but in the letter of law, they can probably easily get around it. The only real shot would be if there's any way to reasonably put forth that WB intentionally misled people. Even then, you'd need like literal emails and correspondence from them talking about it or something.

I have literally no law experience though, so I don't know what the poo poo I'm talking about legally.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Has anyone tried that "high priority in task manager" trick that makes GTAV run better?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm just really, really surprised they had this poo poo factoried out to some studio for 6 weeks and expected everything to go ok. Bad pc ports, nowadays when everything is getting a pc release, is majorly shooting yourself in the foot with consumer goodwill.

Meanwhile, skinhead Robin or green tights robin?

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
...but there's still stuttering in the video.: It's not a sustained 60fps either. Look when he strikes the smoke with the batarang, obvious fps drops there for example.:shrug:

From everything I've seen, it's entirely possible to get close to a sustained 60fps when fighting indoors, and for some rigs the stuttering is very intermittent even outside, it will vary wildly - driving in the batmobile is the big weak point (well among many, just the worst), and right at the end of the Gameworks video you can see frame drop when he exist the batmobile and looks out over the city.

You could easily stitch together particular scenes (especially on a fresh reload of the game between each) and get 60fps snippets on top-end rigs - even when driving - just as long as you keep them brief and don't pan around the city. I believe that's more likely than Nvidia doctoring a video, and as mentioned if they did they weren't consistent with it either.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

what am I supposed to do with these riddles? Am I supposed to look at something?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

No, I don't think so. They don't state 60 FPS there, so there is no false advertising. Sure, it's not an accurate representation of the final product - but I see no real legal stick to it.

Alas.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm just really, really surprised they had this poo poo factoried out to some studio for 6 weeks and expected everything to go ok. Bad pc ports, nowadays when everything is getting a pc release, is majorly shooting yourself in the foot with consumer goodwill.

Meanwhile, skinhead Robin or green tights robin?

Gearbox did a similar thing (except not with only 6 weeks) with Colonial Marines, which is why I brought it up. They basically took Sega's money, and moved all the good people over to Borderlands and had them work on that instead. Which by the way, is why Gearbox had some massive layoffs back in 2008 because Sega finally figured out that Gearbox was literally lying to them about their progress and how many people were actually working on the game. Ultimately though Sega decided they still wanted sweet sweet money and hired a bunch of other people to cobble an unfinished game together and ultimately paid like 1.2 M just for people to shut up. I think Gearbox got away with it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So I like The Cobra tank fights because it really feels like Batmobile predator sections.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Except the characters are moving at a normal speed in that video and in some cases are in slow mo, so it's not simply a sped up 30FPS video. I think it's more likely they had a build with sounds issues and/or they upped the MaxFPS in the config to 60 (like most of us are doing) and that screwed up the sound playback, speeding it up and resulting in the chipmonk sounds due to being synced to the frame rate or something stupid.

You'd think people would put more thought into this kind of stuff after the massive witch-hunt for that WB employee that turned out not to be the same guy as the forum poster after all.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So is the PS4 version perfectly fine and playable? I'm normally PC but if the game's playable on PS4 I will be batmanning around this weekend.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Falcon2001 posted:

So is the PS4 version perfectly fine and playable? I'm normally PC but if the game's playable on PS4 I will be batmanning around this weekend.

PS4 version runs fine.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Falcon2001 posted:

Yes.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

So at any point is there a way to get waypoints for the hanging bodies or firemen? I've been listening for the opera music or police scanners thus far, but it'd be nice if at a certain point was all "gently caress it, Master Bruce. Go there."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Any tips for that commander zone with all the turrets? Under the bridge in founder's island.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

So how did no-one pick this up before? Like at the end right before they show the fancy wing textures, i can literally see it speed up.

Kurtofan posted:

Any tips for that commander zone with all the turrets? Under the bridge in founder's island.

You need to plan the poo poo out of that and upgrade your stun move thing for the turrets so that you can nail the timing. You have to take out a guard silently, then then jump out, then back in to take the central turret before the outside one you paused comes back online.

Alternatively use the batmobile.

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 24, 2015

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Batmobile plays about as I expected, which is to say a less-refined version of the robot / vehicle mechanic in Transformers: War for Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron.

I'm OK with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hope you like Batmobile boss fights! Do you like tunnels? Course ya do!

I loved when my Batmobile got destroyed.
I hated it when my Batmobile got replaced.

Also just rescued Oracle :smug:

EDIT: hahaha just caught 2 cops taking a selfie with the Batmobile.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 24, 2015

• Locked thread