Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Rei_ posted:

So I've been playing with MCH and can we talk about this rotation a bit? It's bonkers. Since none of your 1 2 3 needs to be done in order, you actually want to set it up in a way where you can get loops of procs going without ever terminating the loop or backpedalling so you're firing a shot that procs the next shot while the next shot is already proc'd... So am I insane or is the optimal Ammo Rotation 2 1 3 2 3 2 1 3? I imagine you'd attempt something like this even with reload on cooldown but man, that's a weird thing to keep track of while also worrying about Hot Shot, Lead Shot, Off GCDs and Autoturrets

What I've been doing is (outside of wildfire windows), spamming 1 until I get a proc for 2, and then hitting 2. If I get that to proc, I spam 1 again until I get 2 to proc or until 3 is about to fall off. If 2 procs again or 3 almost falls off, use 3. Then use 2 and hope it procs 3 again.

Use quick reload on 2 to guarantee 3 and then reassemble 3 to get a crit (only reassemble clean shot)

when you have wildfire ready, get 2 and 3 procced, hit all your cooldowns, and then throw wildfire on, then reassemble 3, reload, then 2 1 3 2 1 3 and dump your ogcds at the same time. (i think. I lost count halfway through that) You want ot fit as many procced clean shots as possible.

basically MCN are really goddamn weird but I am enjoying the class a lot which is unexpected. the nice thing about our combos having like 10 second windows between 123 is that you have plenty of time to reapply dots or hot shot or move your turret around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity

cadenza posted:

Ok, I finally got back into my account! Only trouble now is the US Heavensward license I bought can't be applied to my EU account, and the EU store tells me I'm not allowed to purchase anything because I'm in the US... Been on hold with customer support for almost 50 minutes now.

Hopefully this evening when I get home I will have it resolved and can try to remember how to play the game. I remember having just got my first job crystal (warrior) and that's about it.

Welp, waited on hold for over an hour and eventually gave up. I tried using the live chat support too, and all that happened was I got to the front of the queue after about 2 hours, and then it said that it was unable to connect me and to "try again".

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can talk to support? I have a ticket in for email support already, and phone and chat support haven't proved very useful so far.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm a teeny bit sad to be losing swiftcast+flare, but I never expected my rotation at 60 to be the same one I've been doing for months while 50.

What's the new standard for burning down trash packs?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
should I level summoner

I think I should level summoner

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Question: should I level [job]?

Answer: you should level [job].

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Blockhouse posted:

should I level summoner

yes. you get to enjoy two amazingly fun forms of gameplay for the low price of one!

e: came for the akh morn, stayed for the *ding* *boom*

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Hit 60 in fsh last night, all ready for the next Dragon's Deep. As far as I can tell, it's currently impossible to get a fishing rod better than a Lucis without crafting, so that plus rightside are gonna have to wait until crafters and gatherers get their act together. Scrips handle leftside of course.

Was this with 18 hr days or was it pretty chill to grind up?
What needs to be crafted?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Blockhouse posted:

should I level summoner

Summoner is definitely the raddest class now, though whether that's also the most fun to play depends on personal preferences.

e:

rock2much posted:

Was this with 18 hr days or was it pretty chill to grind up?
What needs to be crafted?

The grind was pretty chill. Fly around till you find a fishing hole where all the fish are 0-2 levels below you, then fish there for 1-3 hours till you level up.

Leftside excluding belt can be bought with scrips. Everything else has to be crafted, though there might be red scrip versions when that debuts.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tsurupettan posted:

yes. you get to enjoy two amazingly fun forms of gameplay for the low price of one!

e: came for the akh morn, stayed for the *ding* *boom*

That and amazing aoe, strong single target that isn't as hosed over by movement as blm's is and you have a battle rez.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
we're number 1 baby

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can I collect tomes of law before I finish the MSQ?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

rock2much posted:

Can I collect tomes of law before I finish the MSQ?

You can start collecting them as soon as you're level 60 I believe. Though there's only like two MSQs left by that point.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
With regards to the Undersized Party stuff: do you have to have less than the maximum number of players? Plus, I know that there's no exp, but it also says no items, does that include boss drops and such, or could you grab a bunch of level 60 guys and pony farm with the Undersized setting much faster than before?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

With regards to the Undersized Party stuff: do you have to have less than the maximum number of players? Plus, I know that there's no exp, but it also says no items, does that include boss drops and such, or could you grab a bunch of level 60 guys and pony farm with the Undersized setting much faster than before?

You can still be a full size party for that instance (4/8 man, not sure if you can bring 8 people into a 4 man instance) and you still get chests from bosses. Pony Farm 2: Farm Faster should be a thing you can do!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Best expansion release is the last 10 years(except the daily all worlds maintenance).

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I've been on hold for 2 hours now. I don't know if they'll ever pick up

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

GreatRedSpirit posted:

You can still be a full size party for that instance (4/8 man, not sure if you can bring 8 people into a 4 man instance) and you still get chests from bosses. Pony Farm 2: Farm Faster should be a thing you can do!

Can you? We tried with a full party of 8 in Steps of Faith and it still synced us, unless of course the party leader claimed to have to hit the option but messed up somewhere.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Is there room on Excalibur? Or are the servers full still

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

RC Cola posted:

I've been on hold for 2 hours now. I don't know if they'll ever pick up

I used the chat support yesterday. Went on as soon as it opened and was first in queue. They were also quite helpful.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Axle_Stukov posted:

Can you? We tried with a full party of 8 in Steps of Faith and it still synced us, unless of course the party leader claimed to have to hit the option but messed up somewhere.

I admit I haven't tried, I assumed you can since it isn't listed anywhere that you can't get a full party together and do undersized party content. Hopefully somebody else can step in and say that you can or that I'm an idiot and need to step spreading misinformation.

Chests are legit though, I ran Tam Tara solo three times trying to get the Foestriker's hands to complete my set and got some new expert hand ins for it (but not what I was looking for)

KoB
May 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

You can start collecting them as soon as you're level 60 I believe. Though there's only like two MSQs left by that point.

Yeah. I just hit 60 last night and havent finished the MSQ, got 100 Law.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Monkchat: is there ever a reason I'd want to use Purification while Invigorate exists?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jia posted:

Monkchat: is there ever a reason I'd want to use Purification while Invigorate exists?

In long fights with high uptime (T8, T11), invigorate isn't enough by itself, and you might not have a bard/ninja to give you more TP.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
I've had to use it once while AoEing trash.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

In addition there will be fights where an Astrologian puts that skill speed buff on you and while it's great, it will absolutely murder the poo poo out of your TP.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Nien posted:

I used the chat support yesterday. Went on as soon as it opened and was first in queue. They were also quite helpful.

I got through and used someone's advice to say my ticket didn't work. Then they told me that they can't unlink my accounts until I fill out the ticket. So after 2 hours of being on hold here I am waiting again! :suicide:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RC Cola posted:

Is there room on Excalibur? Or are the servers full still

4am - 7am EST is probably your best bet. It will never be open during any kind of prime time. Don't trust the forum post for server status, it only represents a snapshot. As others have said, just create your character template, then wake up early one morning and log in.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Jia posted:

Rockbreaker spam and fights with long uptime, basically. Forbidden Chakra is nice but kind of boring on its own, so if you expect to be burning a huge amount of TP before you have downtime to recharge chakras it isn't a big loss to use them for Purification instead.

And yes there have been times I have broken so many rocks that Invigorate alone wasn't enough to keep up.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 24, 2015

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm also trying to log onto my computer account and I can't figure out what my playonline ID is the 4 letters and 4 numbers ID. Is there anyway to figure that out? Its been a year or two since I played.

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

RC Cola posted:

I'm also trying to log onto my computer account and I can't figure out what my playonline ID is the 4 letters and 4 numbers ID. Is there anyway to figure that out? Its been a year or two since I played.

FF14 doesn't use PlayOnline accounts, it uses your SquareEnix account.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

RC Cola posted:

So many things have gone wrong for you so far, I recommend breathing.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I been trying to debate on what class to play.

dragoon was a class I first started but I never cared for it and I can't stand it's play style.

MCH is the artistic style of class I enoy playing in games (the gun wielding gadgets type like engi's in GW2) but it a bit weak right now, but I do have faith in SE to fix it issues.

NIN is a class that seem like fun and fit's my lizard lady well, but I have no clue what it's like at 50+

Bard was the class I enjoy before HS but I heard it playstyle change.

Right now I am leaning to MCH or NIN, but depending on ow NIN plays at higher levels will level it.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Level 57 MSQ spoilers:

Goddamn it S-E let players have Y'Shtola's new hair :argh:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

37th Chamber posted:

FF14 doesn't use PlayOnline accounts, it uses your SquareEnix account.

never forget the POL music. ever.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Rincewind posted:

Level 57 MSQ spoilers:

Goddamn it S-E let players have Y'Shtola's new hair :argh:

And her gear too, god drat why can't Tataru make all our new gear

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
So, finally hit 60. Storyline was great, dungeons are great, primals, especially Bismark, are the best ones yet. Eagerly awaiting Minstrel's Ballad: King Thordan and his Knights Twelve :allears: Very much looking forward to extreme primals whenever my friends catch up, and Alexander in two weeks.

So anyways, dicking around. Leveling 50-60 seems... either the best leveling has been, or the worst. 50 up to 52, probably mid 50s, seems really fast. People are finally doing FATEs around Coerthas West/Forelands, and with flying it's simple enough to fly to FATE to FATE and cherry pick them. Unlike NThan there's never really downtime waiting between FATEs to spawn. Even if nobody's doing one, you can usually get it to like 20% and someone will pick it up from there and participation snowballs to completion.

Hunts: These are great, and even a fresh 50 can easily beat up the rank 1 and 2 hunts that involve fighting mobs as high as level 56, as long as you're using your chocobo. Easy 250k a day, and with any luck you'll end up with a mob or two you need being a random FATE target. Plus a handful of Centurio seals is nice, and around 53+ you can probably handle rank 3 hunts too. Basically just repeatable hunting log.

Challenge logs give the same amount of exp from level 50-60, be forewarned. Means you can feel safe just popping these on anything you're interested in leveling.

Roulettes: There's so many to choose from, and any of them will grant 7-15% of a level at 50, but I have no idea if these scale up or if they start giving a flat amount of bonus exp from level 50+, the way challenge log does.

All the leveling dungeons give pretty solid amounts of exp, and running them at least a few times is probably a good idea to keep up with gear without the MSQ since there's no grand company gear yet, and any crafted HQ gear is gonna be expensive for a few weeks.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Form Shift is a huge help in keeping stacks if you've just refreshed them and a boss is doing poo poo that makes them impossible to keep hitting, like when Minotaur dashes around at party members and in cases where timing just isn't on your side and you're going to lose stacks anyways you can at least use Tornado Kick to get a decent hit off before having to rebuild. People who go all in on mathing out the best openers and rotations to push content (Chyea?) will probably find a use for it there too.

The 58 skill definitely is underwhelming as hell. I'd rather it be a "burn 5 chakra to get GL3" since then you'd get to at least have the choice between Forbidden Chakra and that ability whereas right now there's no reason to use it unless you don't have invigorate, which you should because why would you not have invigorate (and B4B) unless you're a brand new player?

Yeah after running some dungeons at 60 I have really mixed feelings on a lot of the abilities. Form Shift and Elixir Field are both amazing. Meditation/Forbidden Chakra and Tornado Kick are just a little too limiting/situational I think. 5 gcd uses to get Chakra up mid-fight is still a lot I think even when there's movement, and I think if nothing else Meditation and Form Shift shouldn't be on the same GCD since usually while moving I need to also shift around to coeurl form to keep/start re-stacking GL. I agree that Purification is really underwhelming. It's literally a weaker harder to use Invigorate and is only useful in situations where we'd need to Invigorate twice in the same 2min period which is pretty rare since our TP usage isn't that high unless we're spamming Rockbreaker. Something to gain GL more easily would be like infinitely moer useful. Tornado Kick also doesn't need a 60s cooldown on top of the GL usage as it is now.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Minrad posted:

Roulettes: There's so many to choose from, and any of them will grant 7-15% of a level at 50, but I have no idea if these scale up or if they start giving a flat amount of bonus exp from level 50+, the way challenge log does.

They start falling off. i have rough numbers in some of my posts in the thread. Still worth doing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cyron posted:

I been trying to debate on what class to play.

dragoon was a class I first started but I never cared for it and I can't stand it's play style.

MCH is the artistic style of class I enoy playing in games (the gun wielding gadgets type like engi's in GW2) but it a bit weak right now, but I do have faith in SE to fix it issues.
Hell, engineer on release was also lackluster until anet turned it into one if the best classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3b07gk/how_to_power_2_skills_with_1_dark_arts/

You can dark arts souleater and carve/spit at the same time with one dark arts. that's like 5-6k burst damage in one GCD.

• Locked thread