Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Motto posted:

It's a shame that Atlus makes so few HD games, they're way better at translating their artists' character designs into models than most other JRPG devs as of late.

They're definitely getting wayy better. The designs in 3 threw you off when you played a 4 foot twerp in game then occasionally saw the anime cutscenes and realized your character suddenly got as wide and as tall as akihiko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

This reminds me of Catherine.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well Catherine was meant to be a test of how they can handle the hardware so they can make games on it, wouldn't surprise me if some of the ideas that went there were also for P5 in some way.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The bit where Potter-kun is ripping the face off of a guard might be a preemptive strike sort of thing.

I hope one of the guards turns into Mara.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
What with the whole prison cell Velvet Room I hope that Igor pressgangs Potter-kun and his little gang to save the world for him, much to their chagrin. Very little JRPGs have you play as assholes.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I hope the velvet room this time around is a jail cell, like the trailer is making it out to be. I'm getting pretty hyped for this game, now.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I like how it appears that with this game they went all the way with the Shadows=Personas from the previous two games.

From what I gather from the trailer is that the enemies you see on the field are Shadows(with the masks and all) but when you fight then they turn into Personas.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It's like he used a hot glue gun to attach his mask.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
potter-kun
naruto-sama
luna-chan

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Here's translation of the dialog in the trailer (from NeoGAF):

quote:

Voice: What's wrong? Are you just going to watch?
Voice: Was that a mistake?
Voice: Heh, that's right. That's as it should be. I am you, you are I.
Voice: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent!
Voice: Now, begin!

At the end of the trailer:

Voice: We will meet again... at the moment your destiny has been determined. Hahahaha!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wonder if Naruto-sama's freakout in the new trailer indicates another shadow character situation here, in some regard. Since Potter himself got glowy yellow eyes and all that, and since the enemies seem to be people who explode into Personas, Naruto might turn into a boss, and you have to beat the poo poo out of him so he can get a hold of himself.

I remember reading from an interview somewhere where someone said that the protagonists need to do whatever they're doing in order to prevent something from happening to them. Maybe their Personas will take them over and turn them into Shadows if they don't "steal back" their futures?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game is gonna be really lame if the main characters aren't kicking rear end because they're cool kids and because they're being possessed or something.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Beef Chief posted:

This game is gonna be really lame if the main characters aren't kicking rear end because they're cool kids and because they're being possessed or something.

They're cool kids who kick rear end that gently caress up and get sentenced to doing good. Sort of like an anime dating sim version of Suicide Squad.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

They're cool kids who kick rear end that gently caress up and get sentenced to doing good. Sort of like an anime dating sim version of Suicide Squad.

I'm excited for Will Smith's role in P5

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Personas are a reflection of one's self, so they're probably cool kids on the inside.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Best Girl posted:

Personas are a reflection of one's self, so they're probably cool kids on the inside.

It's pretty blatant with the imagery they're going with this time. The Hero's awakening is him literally breaking the chains of the mild-mannered persona he has as a schoolkid.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 25, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Beef Chief posted:

they've outright said that the protag's putting up a deliberate facade as a quiet kid or whatever, so i'm pretty sure he's legit loving this poo poo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It'll be interesting to see what his dialogue choices are like.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

they've outright said that the protag's putting up a deliberate facade as a quiet kid or whatever, so i'm pretty sure he's legit loving this poo poo.

I remembered reading that so thank you for reminding me because I was very excited for a crazy guy protag that fucks poo poo up.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

also most of the things I've said came out of my butt and probably isn't actually what's going on.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Best Girl posted:

also most of the things I've said came out of my butt and probably isn't actually what's going on.

that summarizes a lot of posts in the Games forum

most of them actually

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Looking at the trailer again, Naruto's freakout might also just be his awakening. Potter had a painful looking awaking too, judging from the fountain of blood spewing from his eyes.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Persona 5: The Heist

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

When are the heists, Rockstar Atlus

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Policenaut posted:

When are the heists, Rockstar Atlus

1 and a half years after the game is released.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

1 and a half years after the game is released.

So we just need to wait for the PS5 and the P5 HD remaster.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Artless Meat posted:

So we just need to wait for the PS5 and the P5 HD remaster.

I think you mean Persona 5 Platinum.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
"Now Introducing: The Persona HD Collection*!"

* Does not include Persona 2:EP

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I hope we get dual audio this time around because Lelouche maniacally laughing is always loving cool.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
For a while I was worried that the colour palette, although cool, would be hard to read, but then I remembered that it's a turn based game so it's not a problem. I'm excited for this new entry into the Persona series.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Waldo sama and Carmine San Diego chan

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Doflamingo posted:

I hope we get dual audio this time around because Lelouche maniacally laughing is always loving cool.

Ugh not this argument again :colbert:

IMHO the dub for P3/P4 is fine and I've heard both the ENG/JPN versions due to the anime and remakes.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
P4's dub is better than the JP version, mostly because Kuma's voice is the worst.

EN Kanji is awesome too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Bryce Pappenbrook is the MC of P5 the dub is immediately perfect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anything that prevents me from hearing Kappei Yamaguchi is a good thing

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Japanese Rise killed me. I haunt forums to complain about SMT now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

P4's dub is better than the JP version, mostly because Kuma's voice is the worst.

EN Kanji is awesome too.

Japanese Rise and Japanese Teddie are the reason I don't care in the slightest that P4 has no dual audio.

The best part of the P4 dub is Johnny Yong Bosch voicing two characters with the exact same voice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People like you are the reason Adachi's voice is poo poo now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

People like you are the reason Adachi's voice is poo poo now.

Hey, I said best. I've also never played any of the spinoffs so I didn't know they changed it. They probably should have changed Yu's voice because he only ever really yelled PERSONA and granted a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Well, this one guy only has grunts, I think we can get away with it."

*Anime is announced*

"poo poo"