Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

psydude posted:

I mean I get this and all, but badges aren't immune to gayness. Look at how many people have CABs and CIBs from working in the TOC and taking a single round of IDF 50m away over a HESCO. Meanwhile, my medic couldn't be awarded a CMB despite trying desperately to save a dude with a sucking back wound while he himself was wounded because we weren't technically assigned to a combat arms unit at the time, we were just working with them (the dude died while they were transporting him to thr FST).

What the gently caress? Assigned unit has jack and poo poo to do with a CMB

Wikipedia posted:

As of 2005 the rules for eligibility were changed to allow any Medical Department Soldier in a brigade or lower unit to be eligible so long as they are engaged in actual ground combat and performed medical duties. This now includes Soldiers assigned to aviation units. Additionally, in 2008, IED/VBIEDs can now be considered direct contact with the enemy.

So, Div asset?

That's loving retarded horseshit either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

That's loving retarded horseshit

Sooooo...Army?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Civvie news:

A purported former Army ranger at the donated his 75TH RANGER RGT shoulder insignia to a pile of silly knick-knacks that circulate around the Employee of the Week recipients. My boss, who drives a Modern Warfare 3 Special Edition Jeep Rubicon 4-door, seized the opportunity to mount the insignia to a glass-faced plaque that reads (names changed to protect the innocent) "THE SSG. RICHARD SUCK HERO OF THE WEEK AWARD." When it was unveiled in a management meeting this week I was so surprised that I laughed out loud. You would think I had pissed on the flag for the dirty looks I've been getting.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't you dare laugh at the prestigious Richard Suck Hero of the Week Award :colbert:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
These self-righteous idiots either can't or won't understand that I was laughing at my boss and his stupid idea for the plaque. Instead, obviously, I must have been ridiculing every American soldier who died DEFENDING OUR FREEDOMS.

"Hero of the Week." Holy gently caress.

e: It went to the CEO/owner this week, by the way.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 20, 2015

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You are more likely to die at the hands of yourself or your battle in Iraq now, so there's probably a few Darwin award recipients you can laugh at guilt free?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The suck award should go to the retard who bought the $40,000 Jeep.

Crazy Legs
Nov 6, 2010
I am pretty sure they're just going to forget about that thing in about 2 to 3 weeks. It's either that or it's going to start being awarded for really stupid poo poo like, "Carol brought cookies" or "Jeff told off a bigot on facebook"

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Crazy Legs posted:

I am pretty sure they're just going to forget about that thing in about 2 to 3 weeks. It's either that or it's going to start being awarded for really stupid poo poo like, "Carol brought cookies" or "Jeff told off a bigot on facebook"

you'd think so, but the "Employee of the Week" thing has been running for a good 8 months. They just renamed it after the first poor veteran who poked his head up. And yes, it started being awarded for stupid poo poo on about week 2. The CEO got it this week because he was in the hospital over the weekend. He also got it last week for something else. The week before was Modern Warfare 3 jeep boss because his wife had a baby. The company has around 150 employees, but lol if you think a loving line worker like a welder or machinist is ever going to lay eyes on the HERO RANGER PLAQUE.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
do they realize that it is the dick suck award? or is it not supposed to be a joke and I'm reading too much into the Richard suck award?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mike-o posted:

do they realize that it is the dick suck award? or is it not supposed to be a joke and I'm reading too much into the Richard suck award?

No, I'm afraid that was just me removing personally identifying details from the story :(

quote:

(names changed to protect the innocent)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
fuuuuuuuck i should have read that better.

would have been awesome if it was some joke bullshit a former ranger made or some poo poo, and gave it to these idiots and then they're all worshipping it like some loving godly idol on the altar of ARE TROOPS. they pretty much still are though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
how much of a motard is this former ranger?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how much of a motard is this former ranger?

From the little I've seen of him, not at all. He's an unassuming guy, mid-40s, lead man in the weld shop. He does his work and keeps his head down. I can't imagine what possessed him to toss that badge in the pile. If he knew the office managers a little better, somehow I think he would have reconsidered. You were spot on the with the "idol" remark, Mike.

It's the same sort of insincere grandstanding by management that happens every holiday, when the shop and office workers eat together: "You're the foundation of our company, none of us would be here without your hard work" only magnified x10. When our best welder makes more than the worst salesman, I'll take kind of talk seriously. There's an analogy to be made about this country's inconsistent treatment of veterans, but I'll leave that to someone more qualified.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 21, 2015

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's weird. How do you know if there's a ranger, a crossfitter or an atheist in the room? Wait 5 minutes, they'll let you know. :rimshot:

I rip on rangers like all the time, and they mostly deserve it, but of the 8 moderately decent people I met while in the army 3 were rangers.

gently caress I hate posting on my phone, by the time I'm halfway through I forget what I was getting at.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
According to the Army Times, army wives the article labels "dependas" are complaining about bullying and cyber-stalking.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bell_ posted:

According to the Army Times, army wives the article labels "dependas" are complaining about bullying and cyber-stalking.

Good.

Fat, worthless whores.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
dependapotamus is so funny

i loved it when i heard it for the first time

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dependapotamus and tocroach are two amazing gifts that GiP gave to my vocabulary.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

all apologies posted:

dependapotamus is so funny

i loved it when i heard it for the first time

It's so descriptive of the horrors lurking in the shadows of any and every military base. Of course the beasties don't like it when someone calls it out, puts it on display, and makes a nature documentary out of it

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

psydude posted:

Dependapotamus and tocroach are two amazing gifts that GiP gave to my vocabulary.

That and fobbit.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

That and fobbit.

POG > Fobbit

moodyhank31
Aug 29, 2012
Any thoughts on active duty civil affairs (38b)? Besides the fact that the Army is gay lol.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
it's gay

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Is it pronounced pogg or pogue? I've heard both, pogg with a hard G just sounds so weird.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Justin Tyme posted:

Is it pronounced pogg or pogue? I've heard both, pogg with a hard G just sounds so weird.

Pogue, unless you're inbred

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pogue, like the band

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

moodyhank31 posted:

Any thoughts on active duty civil affairs (38b)? Besides the fact that the Army is gay lol.

You'd still be in the army, no matter how cool your job title is.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
pogue like rogue like rogue agent like edward snowden

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

moodyhank31 posted:

A friend of mine is 38b something something medic. He reclassed about 3 years ago, and said it was way better than a regular army gig. Plenty of TDY, plenty of training money, plenty of freedom as long as the job got done.

He says now that it's approaching full blown double blowjob gay as units are getting attached to combat arms brigades who have not the slightest loving idea what to do with him, so treat him as a detail bitch / infantry.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

moodyhank31 posted:

POG

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

You're almost as jelly as the donuts I eat every morning after waking up at 8AM and masturbating PT.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

You're almost as jelly as the donuts I eat every morning after waking up at 8AM and masturbating PT.

Shut up pog.

- A SOF 11bangbang

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

i knew a guy who had a jackoff pt session

he had testicular torsion surgery, and the doc wrote him a profile to jerk off for pt

sure enough, he lined up, and fell out to go do the deed during pt

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i knew a guy who had a jackoff pt session

he had testicular torsion surgery, and the doc wrote him a profile to jerk off for pt

sure enough, he lined up, and fell out to go do the deed during pt

that sounds almost worth it

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i would've milked that for all it was worth

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cole posted:

:golfclap:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cole posted:

Cole made a good post.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Cole made a good post.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh gently caress me, just found out through my niece that my 18 year old nephew is thinking about joining the army. I already gave him a talk a couple years ago, guess its time for another one.

• Locked thread