Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I...don't care for this game. I think it's franchise fatigue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Jerusalem posted:

Was in the middle of a big group of thugs and beating the poo poo out of them, went to use the Batclaw on a guy just as a car come skidding by on the street. The batclaw hit that instead, Batman leaped up onto the roof of the car and did something (anchored the line to a wall or something, it all happened so fast I wasn't sure what happened) which caused the car to flip over and crash as he backflipped of it. I then turned him around and sauntered him back to where the surviving thugs were waiting, presumably having just witnessed that and deciding there was no point in running because it's now quite clear NOTHING is going to stop Batman :stare:

Did you yell "I'm Batman" at any point during this?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

James Woods Fan posted:

It's easily the worst-written one in the series, but the best part is also one of the worst parts - which is Hamill basically being your "Let's Play" partner, but at the same time, I remember them making a big deal about how now that ~Joker Is Dead~ that they could have more freedom to do other poo poo. But evidently that didn't pan out!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

James Woods Fan posted:

ok

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

redwalrus posted:

whoa, I don't think I've seen a AAA do that before.

It's happened before within the last year but I can't remember the game. I want to say it was GTA 5 because the online portion wasn't working but I can't find any articles about it. Also, everybody having trouble with the Riddler races, your car sticks to surfaces as long as you are moving. Don't worry about going fast enough to stick to walls.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yaos posted:

It's happened before within the last year but I can't remember the game. I want to say it was GTA 5 because the online portion wasn't working but I can't find any articles about it. Also, everybody having trouble with the Riddler races, your car sticks to surfaces as long as you are moving. Don't worry about going fast enough to stick to walls.

This is a lie! I've slid down the wall numerous time on the final race section. You definitely have to be going fast enough to turn on the U on the last race.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

...well, given that I bought both AK and the Season Pass from GMG (heavily couponed, I might add), this is promising.

EDIT: Never mind, evidently once GMG sends you your key, you're hosed out of a refund.

Bullshit

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
The game is ok but I'm looking more forward to Dr. Scruffy's LP of it.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I bet Warner Brothers didn't care about the PC problems and just said, "Who care's? Not like they can get a refund, gently caress them." Then Valve announces refunds for games a few weeks ahead of the release, and there's nothing WB can do about it because they already sent out Steam keys to all the retailers.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

James Woods Fan posted:

I'm enjoying it about 95% as much as AC, but I agree. I think it needs about 7-10 years off. I don't want something this awesome to wear out its welcome.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm a few hours into the game at this point and it feels like 50% of the combat is tank warfare. It's not even good; something that could be seen on a F2P mobile game. It's a shame because Batman's actual combat is great and improved. There's more variety almost right away. And the Riddler's batmobile time trials are hilariously lame. Rocksteady is self aware too, Nigma said something to Batman about not questioning the intellectual gains of racing. :lol:

I'm disappointed in the villains as well. I'm assuming it's just because I'm early but the main mission is heavy on Syndrome Arkham Knight. Scarecrow seemed completely okay with his plan being stopped right away. Poison Ivy got shut down in the tutorial without a fight for some reason.

Overall, Gotham is a great open world but t's tradition that I fall through the bottom of the city and have to restart my game within the first half hour.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

https://forums.playfire.com/gmg/thread/124091

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
I'm not a PC gamer, but I definitely feel everybody's pain; there's nothing about the PC release that doesn't seem bungled. But didn't WB have this same problem with the launch of Mortal Kombat X? I distinctly remember reading that a ton of people couldn't get it working properly, had issues with massive stuttering, etc.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Rirse posted:

You can reselect your costume after upgrading to the Iron Man suit. I was wearing the Batman 66 costume when that happened, and then next time I played the game swapped to the JLA 3000 costume just fine.

Under extras? I no longer see skins there, just story synopsis and credits.

NM, got it

Terrible Horse fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 25, 2015

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

maybe THAT'LL learn you to forceably occupy my city :mad:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Sef! posted:

I'm not a PC gamer, but I definitely feel everybody's pain; there's nothing about the PC release that doesn't seem bungled. But didn't WB have this same problem with the launch of Mortal Kombat X? I distinctly remember reading that a ton of people couldn't get it working properly, had issues with massive stuttering, etc.

MKX did not launch for anyone the first day, was missing a ton of things from the console version, had 45gb of patches in a day, and the patch deleted everyone's save files. Batman turned out pretty well actually :ironicat:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So is there a trick to the APC chases or something? I'm doing okay and suddenly they rocket to a 300m or more lead no matter how much liberally I use the Afterburner and have to let the mission fail. What the gently caress's going on here?

(Also, if anyone has a good method to that first stretch of the third lap of the 9th Riddler Challenge, that'd be a real life saver.)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Read that whole thread you linked. They've said that they'll refund Arkham if it's still not working after a patch. Of course WB will never patch that game and will just pull the PC port entirely lol.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ragdoll physics are the best thing about this series.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

On this same note:

Landed an uppercut on him and he basically exploded through the stairs.

Also bonus shot of a really good texture:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Directly contradicts the announcement Playfire/GMG made about refunds being offered post-performance patch for anyone who wants them. This lackey is unaware of the circumstances surrounding this game

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the batmobile is the best videogame vehicle ever. it feels just like a 10 ton sportscar tank with 4-wheel turning should. wouldn't change a thing about the handling.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's easily the worst-written one in the series, but the best part is also one of the worst parts - which is Hamill basically being your "Let's Play" partner, but at the same time, I remember them making a big deal about how now that ~Joker Is Dead~ that they could have more freedom to do other poo poo. But evidently that didn't pan out!

They took one look at batmans remaining rogue gallery. This was Crazy Quilts time to shine.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How does a Batman game that starts out in a diner not have an appearance by Condiment King? :argh:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

404GoonNotFound posted:

(Also, if anyone has a good method to that first stretch of the third lap of the 9th Riddler Challenge, that'd be a real life saver.)

Afterburn straight through first gate. Tank mode scuttle sideways, time afterburner through second gate. My memory is hazier on the next part but I think I used the dodge to duck around some of those spinning blades and maintain speed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

the batmobile is the best videogame vehicle ever. it feels just like a 10 ton sportscar tank with 4-wheel turning should. wouldn't change a thing about the handling.

I think this game has pretty hard to ignore failtarded aspects such as the pretty boring overworld compared to Asylum and the generally kind of grotesque, shiny Unreal engine Schumacherness of the art direction, but the Batmobile is really awesome and I'm glad that they devoted millions of dollars in the budget to making me feel badass,

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

James Woods Fan posted:

The gameplay is still pretty fun and I really like Jason Todd. But, they still can't let go of the Joker and I think I am just getting sick of angry all the time Batman

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I just read they suspended PC sales indefinitely? At least until they fix it. Has this ever happened with a video game?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

Has this ever happened with a video game?
ever with a video game? Sure. This high profile of a title? Not really.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

I just read they suspended PC sales indefinitely? At least until they fix it. Has this ever happened with a video game?

Final Fantasy XIV, I guess. I don't think this has happened with anything on Steam before.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Steam page says "Fall 2015."

This is loving hilarious. :allears:

Harley Quinn Story Pack Saga complete. It showed up the second time I opened the game after activating and downloading it.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've put 3 hours into it on PC and it runs so-so. Should I wait for a patch or fix or whatever to continue playing or what?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

AlmightyPants posted:

I've put 3 hours into it on PC and it runs so-so. Should I wait for a patch or fix or whatever to continue playing or what?

Just play it. :getin:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
DMC3 was so bad (outsourced to Ubisoft who then outsourced it to some cheapo japanese port studio) it made Capcom apologize and promise to make sure all future releases would shine on PC, and we got DMC4 with that PC exclusive shitload of enemy modes.

This was a loving nvidia "we are bundling this with all our loving top tier video cards and making god drat sure we beat amd with this game" gameworks game, so the fact that it turned out like this is even more wacky.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Mogomra posted:

Steam page says "Fall 2015."

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's always been Fall for non-Windows releases.

Steam posted:

Batman: Arkham Knight will be available on SteamOS, Linux and Mac in Fall 2015.

Sales of Batman: Arkham Knight have been temporarily suspended while Warner Brothers works to address performance issues.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
It's what they get for a 6 week port. Dumbasses. But I'm not even suffering from a bad memory leak. One gig bloat after 2 hours isn't terrible at all. Once again I could run all the other games on max settings, so graphically it really does look terrible, but it's still fun.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Are there no watch towers on the first island? Because I can't find poo poo and all I end up doing is spending time gliding around in circles which is very Un-batman like imo

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Hardcore bat fans, how do you pronounce Falcone? Whenever I read it in the comics I always had 'falconi' in my head, because Italian names, and Oracle just pronounced it that way too. Every other bat media hasn't done it like that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I genuinely feel bad for the PC owners. I used to be a big PC gamer but I became a couch potato and bought an Xbox. I thought the gripe in this thread was probably just a little high until I saw the screenshots you guys posted. Even the xbone version looks legitimately better on all counts than those shots. This series hands down has some of the funnest fist fighting and gadgetry in any game (I always thought assassins creed really missed the boat after Arkham). They really tarnished a thing here with this muck up.

• Locked thread