Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What I'm curious about is equipment.

Surely they have more for lovely Stoneforge to be fetching than a +1/+1 for three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Everyone here needs a little more Victor in their lives:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I think my favorite thing to come out of that art is Gasping Goblin.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Count Bleck posted:

I think my favorite thing to come out of that art is Gasping Goblin.

I'm surprised it hasn't sprung up as someone's new avatar yet.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I feel like people are looking at honored hierarch the wrong way; think of it as a 1 mana 2/2 vigilance with a downside instead.

It's still probably not good enough for constructed play but I could see a future where it sees play in a RG aggro list where the mana is more of a bonus than the real point of the card.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Pyronic posted:

I'm surprised it hasn't sprung up as someone's new avatar yet.

I mean I'm sure the goblin has already sprung up.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pyronic posted:

:eyepop: You could grind meat on those!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The guy looks like he just walked off the cover of a harlequin romance novel.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Rinkles posted:

Gonna need some Rotting Mastodons.
This is a core set so your mana buys you two less toughness. But sweet flavor text.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Pharohman777 posted:

The guy looks like he just walked off the cover of a harlequin romance novel.

Duel Decks: Enthralling Victor vs Rakish Heir

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Boco_T posted:

This is a core set so your mana buys you two less toughness. But sweet flavor text.

it was like the best common in RTR so I'm hoping it repeats here

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Pyronic posted:

I can tell right away I have <3 power, because I <3 him.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Zemyla posted:

:stare:

I hope you made that up

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zemyla posted:

:aaaaa:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zemyla posted:

:vince:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Zemyla posted:

:master:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
New mana ramp spell spoiled; on one hand it's a shittier cultivate, on the other hand with spell mastery it ensures your next several land drops.

Nissa's Pilgrimage 2G
Sorcery (Common)

Search your library for up to two basic forest cards, reveal those cards, and put one into play tapped and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Spell mastery - If there are two or more instant or sorcery cards in your graveyard, search your library for up to three basic forests instead of two.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

the Orb of Zot posted:

New mana ramp spell spoiled; on one hand it's a shittier cultivate, on the other hand with spell mastery it ensures your next several land drops.

Nissa's Pilgrimage 2G
Sorcery (Common)

Search your library for up to two basic forest cards, reveal those cards, and put one into play tapped and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Spell mastery - If there are two or more instant or sorcery cards in your graveyard, search your library for up to three basic forests instead of two.

You can't spend your 3rd turn doing that in this current standard.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I still hate that Renown wasn't named Fame...

E: Also I need to go purge after that art... He's dreamy...

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

the Orb of Zot posted:

Nissa's Pilgrimage 2G
Sorcery (Common)

Can we make a separate spoiler thread so goons aren't reposting cards spoiled yesterday?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Four Score posted:

Can we make a separate spoiler thread so goons aren't reposting cards spoiled yesterday?

Can we make a separate rear end in a top hat thread so you aren't posting in this one?

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Pinwiz11 posted:

And that there isn't a creature with both "Fame" and "Indestructible" or some sort of graveyard recursion, so that we don't have the opportunity to say "Fame! I'm gonna live forever."

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Pinwiz11 posted:

They really missed an opportunity to print

Jace's Entourage UU
Sorcery

Target creature becomes Famous.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Can we make a separate rear end in a top hat thread so you aren't posting in this one?

I rage against the dying of the light, but I don't think we're going to get what we want on this one.

Also there's no delicate way to point out this irony I don't think.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Owned.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

My delicate eyes cannot bear skimming past an old spoiler from some pleb who hasn't been refreshing salvation every half hour since spoilers began two weeks ago. Please banish them from this thread so that we can discuss Victor's abs without interruption.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

:iceburn:

Goddamnit, Goons are on fire today :lol:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

qbert posted:

Jace's Entourage UU
Sorcery

:bravo:

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

qbert posted:

Jace's Entourage UU
Sorcery

Flavor text: "Oh YEAH! Oh YEAH! Oh YEAH!"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I'm really liking the origin stories and appreciate what was wizards is trying to do with their lore. Jace's summed up story:

Jace is a wimpy kid on his way home from school where he lives on a 23rd floor walk-up in the poor part of town. When he gets home his dad confronts him that his school said he cheated on a test, getting a perfect score on a test that was set up hard enough that all the students should have failed. Jace tells his dad that the answers just came to him, then he stomps off like a typical teenager.

Jace constantly hears other people's thoughts in his head, so he goes up to the roof of his apartment for some quiet and to watch the mana rings of his home plane, Vryn. 3 local bullies show up and call him a freak. Jace retaliates by reading the head bullies mind and taunting him about his abusive alcoholic father. Head bully gets mad and shoves jace and he ends up hanging off roof. Head bully tries to knock him off but Jace mind controls 2nd bully to help him up.

Back at the Beleren house, Jaces mom comes in for a heart to heart talk. He explains his powers to her, and mama Beleren tells Jace he is a telepath. The next morning Jaces parents tell him he has a visitor who can help, waiting outside. It's a sphinx, Alhammarret. Jace and Alhammarret exchange pleasantries telepathically and he says he can take Jace away to train him. Jace says his goodbyes and hopes on Alhammarret as they fly away.

During their flight we learn about Vryn. It's a world at constant war between 2 factions fighting for control of the worlds energy source, the mana rings and their core. Control goes back and forth between the Trovians and the Ampryn. Alhammarret is one of a group of arbiters who negotiate peace, but the war is inevitable, and peace only comes in the form of temporary ceasefires. The more realistic goal of the arbiters is to keep the factions in check so they don't destroy Vryn's infrastructure and energy network.

Jace spends the next few years training with Alhammarret learning telepathy and illusions. He soon gets sent out on "training missions" to probe the minds of warring soldiers, learning what he can and reporting to Alhammarret to help keep the peace. After one of these missions, Jace tries to probe Alhammarrets mind, he sees a glimpse of him moving between worlds, hears the word "planeswalker" And his mind is wiped as Alhammarret pulls him back. Jace begins to think something is fishy so he starts writing visions like these on a sheet of paper, rather than risk keeping them in his mind.

On his next mission he finds a high ranking Ampryn officer and probes his mind. He gets the info he needs and sees an image of himself selling the officer information. Alhammarret has been using Jace as a double agent, perpetuating the war, keeping the profits and wiping his memory. Jace heads back, packs his things and confronts Alhammarret. They get into a battle of wits where Alhammarret damages Jace's mind but Jace Makes the Sphinx forget how to breathe, he dies. Jace planeswalks to Ravnica.

Now in Ravnica, Jace can't remember his name, Homeland or his parents. He scours the streets trying to read minds and find a safe place. He hears the name Emmera Tandris and finds her. Jace gives her a fake name as she takes him in. his story ends with him remembering his name and fragments of his life.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yeah, the story actually got me to like Jace, which I would have thought impossible. Vryn seems like a cool plane too; it does a good job of being the sci-fi plane without being actual sci-fi.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Isn't that just Ender's Game?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I read a book where lilliana and some dude are trying to find jace. Turns out some dude WAS jace but he just forgot.
It was a dumb book.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Would anybody be interested in a stream of bloom titan/amulet combo being played competitively on modo?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

:ironicat: I was just making a suggestion, but fine, stones in glass houses etc.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

The Nastier Nate posted:

They get into a battle of wits where Alhammarret damages Jace's mind but Jace Makes the Sphinx forget how to breathe, he dies.
Nah, you missed the point. Jace damaged his own mind to attack Alhamarret. It's like luring him into a building, and then ordering a controlled demolition.

EDIT: Also, I like this explanation for Jace's amnesia better than just "He wanted to forget, so he wiped his own mind." Also, I get the feeling that, with the loss of two of Vryn's most powerful arbiters, the war will turn from relatively cold to boiling.

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 25, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Tonetta posted:

Would anybody be interested in a stream of bloom titan/amulet combo being played competitively on modo?

I'm down.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tonetta posted:

sure.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Zemyla posted:

Nah, you missed the point. Jace damaged his own mind to attack Alhamarret.

But I thought Psionic Blast wasn't in blue anymore?? loving flavor writers, get with the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

twitch.tv/tonetta42

I'm 0-1 in this preliminary, lost a really close match to the merfolk, both games I lost came down to the last turn and the one I won was a blowout because turn 1 kill lol

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 25, 2015

• Locked thread