Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Oh wow they have a solution to oHud not working without FOMM finally. I asked gopher about a year ago how to use oHud/uHud with Mod Organizer and he replied "Don't"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

GrizzlyCow posted:

Mod Organizer is, bare none, the best mod manager for New Vegas; however, it has a steeper learning curve than the other mod managers. If you go this route (and you should), check Gopher's Mod Organizer tutorial. Once you get used to some of its eccentricities, using anything else will be painful especially if you're the kind of person who likes swapping mods in and out.

If you want something simpler that works, you should get FOMM - Fork.

There's basically no reason to use Nexus Mod Manager or Wrye Flash NV. Well, the latter has Bashed Patch functionality, but that's another thing altogether.

Wrye Flash NV is loving amazing. Bashed patches are 100% necessary once you start doing very large installs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't you make bashed patches with TESVedit?

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Just got ENB installed and running, looks good until I turn around. For some reason every time my character turns my world disappears and looks like this. Can you guys think of any settings that may be causing this?

Edit: Fixed. If anyone else has this problem just disable the steam overlay.

Koala Cola fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 24, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Can't you make bashed patches with TESVedit?

You can make merged patches, which are far less powerful and flexible. They are best for small installs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BurritoJustice posted:

You can make merged patches, which are far less powerful and flexible. They are best for small installs.

I'm not really sure of the difference, what makes the bashed patches better?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As someone who knows nothing of modding: MO was kinda tricky at first, but is extremely amazing and just makes the whole experience awesome when learned. I sometimes just enjoy modding games more than actually playing it.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anita Dickinme posted:

I sometimes just enjoy modding games more than actually playing it.

That's the quintessential Fallout/Elder Scrolls experience

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Anita Dickinme posted:

As someone who knows nothing of modding: MO was kinda tricky at first, but is extremely amazing and just makes the whole experience awesome when learned. I sometimes just enjoy modding games more than actually playing it.

One of us! One of us!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

I'm not really sure of the difference, what makes the bashed patches better?

You can set custom bashed tags for all of your mods which tell it exactly what to and what not to import. LOOT also recommends bashed tags which are useful for each mod, if you've ever wondered what the green text below each mod in LOOT is. Merged patches just push forward differences which can lead to issues with certain mods or lots of mods.

Bashed patches also merge patch mods into the one patch .esp, which can save huge amounts of space in your load order. In my load order my bashed patch has over 50 mods merged into it, and with custom tagging I have basically no conflicts between my 300+ mods (130 plugins to stay under the soft cap).

Yes I spent way too long modding this game.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
How would you say your Play to Modding NV ratio is?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

GrizzlyCow posted:

It's like buying a game on Steam. You're not actually going to PLAY anything, but that sounds real cool and hell why not?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ToxicAcne posted:

Is there any way to reduce the difficulty of the Capital wasteland super mutants in TTW? I tried the option in the mod manager, bit it made no difference.

This may not be the answer you're looking for (and I don't know if there's a sort of TTW patch for this already, given that it seems to be a pretty common gripe) but you can probably open up the plugin(s) in FNVEdit and change the health values for DC super mutants, as well as the traits that give them their DT.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

GrizzlyCow posted:

I think I got around a hundred hours over two characters on that install, and I'd still say the play:modding ratio would be less than 1.

I spent ungodly amounts of time editing mods and making custom patches.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm using the NMM to help me mod NV and I just realized my VATS is pretty broken. I'm not seeing any percentages to hit body parts, see this photo: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/438321653943471349/1164957CE89EC86F24D27453E9D522F92F1609CD/

My load order is as follows:
FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
DarNifiedUINV.esp=1
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp=1
Fellout.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
IMPACT.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
FOVSlider.esp=1

Any ideas what's causing this?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I get the same problem sometimes, I believe DarnUI is the culprit if I remember correctly.

Also I usually get about 5-20 hours of gameplay per modding setup before I just switch to a different once. I have played the first part of Skyrim/New Vegas literally hundreds of times each.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I have about 20 mods for New Vegas and have done about four complete story playthroughs, 200 hours total. My modding process is just taking whatever looks interesting from :nexus:, dropping it in my Data folder, opening up FOMM and BOSS auto-sorting it and then launching fnv4gb.exe. :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

I have about 20 mods for New Vegas and have done about four complete story playthroughs, 200 hours total. My modding process is just taking whatever looks interesting from :nexus:, dropping it in my Data folder, opening up FOMM and BOSS auto-sorting it and then launching fnv4gb.exe. :shrug:

Same, minus the BOSS. A lot of my playing was off Steam (I also have an Xbox 360 copy from before I got a computer able to handle NV), so I'm somewhere in the triple digits but not entirely clear where.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Gyshall posted:

For TTW, I like the Realistic Wasteland Lighting conversion for both, it even has an ENB preset version.

However, nothing can beat Dynamic Weather for Fallout 3 for me, which is the main reason I keep a modded Fallout 3 version around, as good as TTW is.
I'm running Nevada Skies with my TTW install with additional plugins to enable the dynamic weather stuff in FO3 as well

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

So I went by that guide in the second post of the OP along with the beauty packs. It reads like they are essential to have a pretty game. Good lord gently caress it's universally terrible and uninstalling it completely hosed my save. Stuck in the world, almost no graphics, etc. Any way to un-gently caress that?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ZombyDog posted:

I'm running Nevada Skies with my TTW install with additional plugins to enable the dynamic weather stuff in FO3 as well

I'm talking about this mod.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Justin Credible posted:

So I went by that guide in the second post of the OP along with the beauty packs. It reads like they are essential to have a pretty game. Good lord gently caress it's universally terrible and uninstalling it completely hosed my save. Stuck in the world, almost no graphics, etc. Any way to un-gently caress that?

You talking about NVR2, NVR3, NVCE, or FCO? Honestly, I don't really appreciate the look FCO provides, but I thought NVR3 looked alright. Oh, and NVR does more than change up people's appearance, it fucks around with their inventories and whatnot. FCO and NVCE shouldn't affect your saves. What all did you uninstall? What was your load order?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

It was the Mitoko one or whatever linked in the post about how to get stuff running pretty. IE Cloud Strife hair on that Crimson Caravan guy in Goodsprings, etc. The base file for that was up near the top, probably 8 or 9 with the submods of it halfway to bottom ish. I just let the LOOT program sort stuff. But with the base esm out of the picture it seems to have just hosed the save six ways from sunday. Clip into the world in a single spot, geometry's all hosed up, etc. I thought it might just be a one off thing with the Goodsprings guy as a joke but holy gently caress as you go further on it just keeps getting more obnoxious. I'm really baffled why that one in particular was linked in a guide that was otherwise really good for getting the game pretty.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
~~~ Beauty Mods ~~~``

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Justin Credible posted:

It was the Mitoko one or whatever linked in the post about how to get stuff running pretty. IE Cloud Strife hair on that Crimson Caravan guy in Goodsprings, etc. The base file for that was up near the top, probably 8 or 9 with the submods of it halfway to bottom ish. I just let the LOOT program sort stuff. But with the base esm out of the picture it seems to have just hosed the save six ways from sunday. Clip into the world in a single spot, geometry's all hosed up, etc. I thought it might just be a one off thing with the Goodsprings guy as a joke but holy gently caress as you go further on it just keeps getting more obnoxious. I'm really baffled why that one in particular was linked in a guide that was otherwise really good for getting the game pretty.

Did you use this mod by any chance? Just the hair mod on its own shouldn't be distributing new hair styles to NPCs, I don't think. Unless you're using a Bashed Patch and the NPC had no assigned hair already.

Like, I sure as hell hope that Wasters Overhaul wasn't linked in the OP.

Anyway, the only way to fix everything is to just delete your saves. Sorry about that.

edit: What my brain tells me what I meant to say was that I don't know you would turn everyone's hair back to normal and poo poo.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

GrizzlyCow posted:

Did you use this mod by any chance? Just the hair mod on its own shouldn't be distributing new hair styles to NPCs, I don't think. Unless you're using a Bashed Patch and the NPC had no assigned hair already.

Like, I sure as hell hope that Wasters Overhaul wasn't linked in the OP.

Anyway, the only way to fix everything is to just delete your saves. Sorry about that.

edit: What my brain tells me what I meant to say was that I don't know you would turn everyone's hair back to normal and poo poo.

Is the Wasters Overhaul linked in the OP? I know that I provided links to two separate overhaul guides (one being an overhaul around TTW) because a lot of people were talking about how useful they were in the thread for a while.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Gyshall posted:

I'm talking about this mod.
Oh I understood that, I was playing FO3 with Dynamic Weather just prior to deciding to set up TTW ( with Nevada Skies ), and to be honest both are fundamentally the same ( I'd argue that Nevada Skies does better thunderstorms ).

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 24, 2015

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is there a decent flashlight mod? Flashlight NVSE doesn't seem to work.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

UberJumper posted:

Is there a decent flashlight mod? Flashlight NVSE doesn't seem to work.

Even if it did, it's a huge performance drain.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Naky posted:

Even if it did, it's a huge performance drain.

I just want to be able to see ~1+ meters in front of me at night :smith:

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is the Wasters Overhaul linked in the OP? I know that I provided links to two separate overhaul guides (one being an overhaul around TTW) because a lot of people were talking about how useful they were in the thread for a while.

Found it. In your second post under How do I make my game beautiful like all of these HD-Texture-ENB-using-ini-tweaking screenshots people post everywhere?, in Zodium's quote.

Man. How many people read that and used Waster Overhaul?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

GrizzlyCow posted:

Found it. In your second post under How do I make my game beautiful like all of these HD-Texture-ENB-using-ini-tweaking screenshots people post everywhere?, in Zodium's quote.

Man. How many people read that and used Waster Overhaul?

Oh no kidding, huh...thanks for finding that. Alright, sorry Zodium, I modified your quote to exclude the Waster Overhaul and hair pack, but your instructions still seem really useful for general environment and ENB setups so I'll keep the rest of it up to avoid further confusion.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 25, 2015

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Yeah that's the one. Aight, thanks guys. Beauty packs and the overhaul. Guide is great otherwise, looks real nice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Im running Project Nevada, would Nevada Skies or Realistic Lighting Overhaul work better? I had to disable Nevada Skies weather effects because running them with Project Nevada makes the weather go haywire and you get a new Radstorm or dust storm every time you exit a building into the main game world.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Can you not just turn the storms off in the Nevada Skies menu?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Can you not just turn the storms off in the Nevada Skies menu?

I don't know about him, but it seemed like even when I disabled Nevada Skies' rad/storms with the in-game inventory item, I'd still periodically get storms, especially when going from interior to exterior cells. Not a lot, but often enough to be distracting. I don't know if Nevada Skies has MCM integration now, though, because maybe it'd be more effective, but this was prior to that (if it exists now).

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
All that radstorm stuff was why I kept away from Nevada Skies initially; I mostly use Western Skies which just has sandstorms. Once I got a sandstorm in the Lucky 38 penthouse.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

UberJumper posted:

I had this problem earlier today so I looked up 'pip boy light' on the Nexus and found this. It's worked pretty well so far.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

UberJumper posted:

The guy responsible for coding the underbarrel weapon code for the next update to WNM is also looking into making a flashlight mod for flashlight attachments without killing performance. Hopefully he's successful because that'd be really nice to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Tale of Two Wastelands is so cool! I can finally replay fallout 3 without having to give up the features of New Vegas like hardcore, ironsights,weapon mods, and an almost stable game. Point Lookout is exactly as fantastic as I remember it being, easily the best dlc of 3 and NV.