Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Stupid Return, only casting 1 MP to cast. Omniscient was whittled down to 1 MP and I thought I was safe, then attacked him, only to get Returned. Thank god for save states, I had to Mage Masher him and feed him another Ether until he cast the right spells to get down to exactly 0.
He has Libra in his routine, so when he gets to that point you just need to wait until he can't cast that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
With Blue/Zerker/Ranger/Zerker, I should be fine to handle most of the game, but what should I pick up before I move into World 2? I think I've looted most everything, but I only have Gil on hand for one ring. I could farm for more, but Galuf's already gone and I don't want him to be separated in xp/ap.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Two Geomancers and a Red Mage throwing scrolls destroys just about everything before NED.

edit: also this

Mustard Iceman fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 25, 2015

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Omega was trivial, as to be expected with a bard group, though ironically I could have squeezed out a couple extra levels from Bartz before he dropped rather than trying to three-Romeo's it.

Shinryu was an RNG nightmare that ultimately came down to swapping Bartz' mirage vest back into functionality and constantly ressing Faris who would immediately attack with the harp.

At least Lenna beat Neo with a cool pair of bard shades.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

How do I deal with Byblos with 4 Freelancers :gonk:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=heroyoshimitsu ... yeah ok

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Koobes posted:

Break rods.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Koobes posted:

Break rods?

Pork Soda
Jan 22, 2004
Scissor Man
Managed to finish my first run with a little luck which was both berserker risk and chaos.

My team was Monk/Zerker/Ranger/Zerker.

The only reason I won was apparently Fartz. using the Aegis shield managed to block Almagest and then Neo Exdeath decided to target someone else with the follow up vacuum wave. One more smack did him in. :sweatdrop:

I guess you can't really see the classes, will my victory be void due to that? I promise I used the ones assigned to me!

Pork Soda fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 25, 2015

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
This was the least eventful Neo Exdeath ever.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
First two jobs were Blue Mage and Summoner on chaos. I'm pretty much locked in on a fairly easy run right?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Is Silence supposed to do anything to Enkidu? Because he's still vampiring me to death.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Logicblade posted:

Is Silence supposed to do anything to Enkidu? Because he's still vampiring me to death.

Vampire is Blue Magic. Blue Magic isn't stopped by silence.

Because Final Fantasy V. :v:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Hey goons, I have a bard question.
In the FAQ in the OP and in every resource I look up online, it says bard songs raise stats, flat out.
In game however, every song description reads "increases X while performing."

Was this changed from the main game to the iOS port or something? The FAQ made it sound like you could spend half a fight buffing up with songs, but the game itself makes it sound like "+10 str as long as the bard is uninterrupted."

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Alright, that explains a lot...

Dancing Dagger seems like the only out I've got, either that or just grind out and try to get the damage on him before he can wipe me out.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
The in-game description is a little vague, but would properly read more "gradually increases $STAT while performing".

Listen to the FAQ.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Maleketh posted:

...gently caress.

Welp, my bad! I knew Sleep worked, so I looked at a list of beastmaster releases for something that inflicted Sleep as part of its getup. Learn something new every day in the Fiesta.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Edward_Tohr posted:

The in-game description is a little vague, but would properly read more "gradually increases $STAT while performing".

Listen to the FAQ.

Ah yeah this is right- I realized I could perform an experiment by libra'ing my team and using Hero's Rime- their levels do indeed shoot up as it's channeled, and remain high after interruption.

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 25, 2015

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I'm at the Purobolos fight with my available jobs as berserker, geomancer, white mage, and chemist. I have no idea what to do other than grind 50,000 gil for a fire ring and hope that makes me immune to the self destruct. Will that even work?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

Nope.

But the fight can be brute-forced. As long as you keep on reviving people, the Puroboli will run out of MP for Arise.

You can try !Gaia for some multitarget damage to try and bring the damage on Self-Destruct down.

I'm sure there's some mix that can help, too, but others'd know more than me about that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anyone got any advice for getting 3 thieves and a berserker past Byblos? How much am I going to need to grind?

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Dr. Dos posted:

I'm at the Purobolos fight with my available jobs as berserker, geomancer, white mage, and chemist. I have no idea what to do other than grind 50,000 gil for a fire ring and hope that makes me immune to the self destruct. Will that even work?

iirc, Self Destruct is non-elemental, so no, fire rings won't help.

Farm some Turtle Shells, buy Maiden's Kiss and use Succubus Kiss; it's going to be your most powerful attack throughout the run.

Mustard Iceman fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 25, 2015

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So, uh. How good is TM/ BERSERKER/ Summoner/ BERSERKER as a party? I decided screw it for waiting on getting those last two, and uh... Water crystal.party?

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Oh, they only explode when attacked. I keep getting into these boss fights that I think are super difficult with my roles only to find out you just need to stop and think them through.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dr. Dos posted:

I keep getting into these boss fights that I think are super difficult with my roles only to find out you just need to stop and think them through.

fiesta.txt

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Looks like the second run is going to be an easier time.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Finally got my first #victory of the season (add another Fartz to the list!)

Actually wiped on the first try because the jerk followed his first Almagest (which downed Krile) with a Vacuum Wave on a weakened Faris before she could revive the former, which instantly took out the only two characters who could revive. The Berserkers didn't last long after that.

Though admittedly part of it is my fault because I forgot to use the Bahamut and Leviathan summons on the Magic Lamp before the battle, so two turns had to be wasted (and on this team's piss-poor Magic power, they WERE wastes, neither one breaking 2000 damage) before I could Odin the back.

Funniest part of the battle: watching his only Grand Cross do absolutely nothing. God, I love my Ribbons and Hermes Sandals.

Anyway, I think I'll go with a standard Chaos this time and hope for no Zerkers.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Dr. Dos posted:

I'm rather surprised that no one has mentioned that you can mute Purobolos in FF5. Exploder shoots off sooner or later. Use Geomancer to start lowering their heath, White Mage to mute anything the berserker hits randomly with its ham fisted idiocy, and Chemist to clean up the damage that Exploder causes. Mute prevents Arise from causing a perpetual Purobolos machine from occuring.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Enkidu and his sidekick have been taken care of. Blink + Protect before he shows up, and I got lucky with no vampire procs, and two Sword Dances from the Dancing Dagger. I even nabbed the Bone Mail to try and surprise him with a vampire shot, but that only had a 1/4 chance of happening, so it prolly wasn't worth getting.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Darn it, I was hoping to get started on a second run tonight, but I seem to have hit a lull where RK isn't processing victories. :negative:

Guess I'll check in the morning.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So, do people here think it would be better to let one of my Berserkers hold the Chicken Knife, or give it to my Dragoon for jumps?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Twelve by Pies posted:

So, do people here think it would be better to let one of my Berserkers hold the Chicken Knife, or give it to my Dragoon for jumps?

It would depend on whether Berserkers can trigger CK's flee effect. I forget if it can or not. In fact I think it varies by version. If memory serves, it does trigger it in the SNES version and not in the GBA version, but don't quote me on that.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

^I've been playing with a zerk on gba and I'm pretty sure I've had them proc the knife's !flee

Twelve by Pies posted:

Jump wouldn't boost it's damage, would it? IIRC it only works with spears

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Gilg posted:

Generic FFV question, but what, if anything, do I need to do in World 1 that I can't eventually go back for? Just killed the Soul Cannon and I know World 2 is coming up.

A run down of World 1's missables:

Do you have Summoner? Get Shiva (Walse Castle) and Ramuh (Forests east of Istory).
Do you have Bard? Get Alluring Air (Lix) and Romeo's Ballad (Istory).
Black Mage? Get Toad (Istory), though it's hardly essential or useful at all.
Time Mage? Get Speed (Walse Castle basement), though it's actually useless.
Staff-using character? Go to Tycoon and get the Healing Staff if you haven't yet, you nerd.
Anyone else? Make sure you've got the Elf Mantle from Walse Castle's basement, but that's it. Ethers in Lix are half off, if you have a bunch of money to stock up on them with.

For reference, the places you can't revisit after world 1 at all are Lix, Istory, and Walse. The only place in World 2 you can't visit after the merge is the Moogle Village. You can only visit Tycoon and the Great Library in the very beginning of World 3, though you miss out on the Healing Staff if you didn't get it in World 1 and the Great Library's missable is only in World 3. You can actually get Ramuh if you missed him... at the very end of the game, in the final dungeon, as a rare encounter. Long after he's stopped being relevant.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

AlphaKretin posted:

Jump wouldn't boost it's damage, would it? IIRC it only works with spears

Jump doesn't boost its damage, no, but it does guarantee the attack will hit and bypasses the flee effect. It also means I'm doing roughly 2000 damage to enemies that absorb holy, since the second strongest spear available to me is the Partisan which does maybe 800 damage on a jump.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I managed to finish, though from the looks of it Omega and Shinryu are out of the picture unless I employ massive amounts of grinding. Another one for Mega64, I suppose.

Edit: How long does it normally take to process things before I can sign up for a new run?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

NGDBSS posted:

Edit: How long does it normally take to process things before I can sign up for a new run?

Victories have to be verified by RK, and he has to sleep sometime. It's been over an hour for me and I'm still not verified, so he's probably out. You might as well check back in the morning.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Bufuman posted:

It would depend on whether Berserkers can trigger CK's flee effect. I forget if it can or not. In fact I think it varies by version. If memory serves, it does trigger it in the SNES version and not in the GBA version, but don't quote me on that.

Zerkers can definitely trigger it on GBA. I had to attempt monster boxes many times :argh:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Team Mash Attack With Strategic Interludes is finally assembled. At least +30% HP should temper my dancer's fragility a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Beastmaster feels weak on its own in my WHM/Zerk/Beastmaster party. I probably should just train my zerkers to use whips, then largely ignore it?

• Locked thread