Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Given how Trump has done in "disfavorablity" polls I expect him not to drop but simply to not make any gains as other candidates drop out. He's pretty much already got most of the supporters he's got a chance at getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Trump's primary advantage is that he can say almost anything and get away with it because he's Trump and that's what people expect from him. Also that he has a rock-solid base of support. It will not be enough to get him the nomination, but he could seriously win a primary or two if he were to stick it out that long.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spatula City posted:

he could seriously win a primary or two if he were to stick it out that long.

Nope.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

The X-man cometh posted:

They need somewhere big enough to hold all the candidates.

I was talking about the name, loving corporate branding.
Seriously, quicken loans arena?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

reignonyourparade posted:

Given how Trump has done in "disfavorablity" polls I expect him not to drop but simply to not make any gains as other candidates drop out. He's pretty much already got most of the supporters he's got a chance at getting.

It would be amazing if Trump just never dropped out and spend the entire primary popping up at random venues to talk about how rich he is and how, no disrespect, trashy the place is compared to the classy places he usually frequents. Go on TV the same night as the Republican Convention and talk about how he would be the greatest Republican Nominee in the history of ever.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Pretty sure the theory that holds he'll stay in for the first debate then drop just in time for the next season of Apprentice before he can actually lose a primary contest is dead on the money.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Pohl posted:

Oh, I thought you were talking about the size difference between a basketball arena and a college auditorium.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Game... CHANGED!

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Pohl posted:

The company's founder also owns the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

point of return posted:

The company's founder also owns the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Now I'm really glad they lost.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

Yes, but LeBron is all Cleveland has.

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, but LeBron is all Cleveland has.

He accounts for half of all economic activity in the city.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Pohl posted:

It used to be named Gund arena, after an old owner. Of course he also owned a company named after himself, sooo.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Really needs a B in front for maximum effect.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Joementum posted:

Game... CHANGED!

Even Halperin has to laugh at this, right? Like, a real belly laugh. Right?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Why did he put his own name in quotes?

He's a loving sovcit isn't he. That's why he has a thing for gold tassels.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dolash posted:

Pretty sure the theory that holds he'll stay in for the first debate then drop just in time for the next season of Apprentice before he can actually lose a primary contest is dead on the money.

Trump's actually running, no dream is too big now.

Joementum posted:

Game... CHANGED!

I'm sure they're praying every night, as hard as any late night host, that those numbers stay high and they get to write at least a full chapter on Trump in Game Change III.

I'd vote for BJ, provided Bobby finds a nice chimpanzee for a running mate.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Why did he put his own name in quotes?

He's a loving sovcit isn't he. That's why he has a thing for gold tassels.

Branding. Hahahaa. :suicide:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

a logo that's also something he's deeply disgusted by

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Pohl posted:

I'm not sure how closely you follow sports in general, but I have some bad news for you

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Spatula City posted:

Trump's primary advantage is that he can say almost anything and get away with it because he's Trump and that's what people expect from him. Also that he has a rock-solid base of support. It will not be enough to get him the nomination, but he could seriously win a primary or two if he were to stick it out that long.

even if it weren't for the latter i'm highly dubious of the former

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pohl posted:

Branding. Hahahaa. :suicide:

Yoooooge joinder

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hey, I am down with Jindal because he battles demons
http://www.newoxfordreview.org/article.jsp?did=1294-jindal

quote:

Though she had not said anything, I knew something was wrong. Susan and I had developed an intimate friendship; indeed, our rela­tionship mystified observers, who insisted on finding a romantic component where none existed. I called her after the University Christian Fellowship (UCF) meeting -- UCF is an Inter-Varsity Christian group composed of undergraduate and graduate students. Though the interdenominational group's weekly program of songs and prayers had produced the usual emotional high among most members, Susan had left the meeting in a very sullen mood. I asked her to join a group of us who were attending a Chris­tian a cappella concert to be held on campus that same evening.

Despite our intimacy, Susan and I had not spent much time together this past year. We had succumbed to pressure from our friends and de­cided we should not be so emotionally interdependent without a deeper commitment. To be honest, my fears of a relationship and the constraints of commitment had kept us apart; our friends' objec­tions merely provided a convenient excuse. Still, I felt comfortable asking her to come to the concert, and she accepted the invitation. Though Susan ap­peared composed throughout the concert, her sud­den departure in the middle of a song convinced me otherwise and affirmed my earlier suspicions.

There was no doubt in my mind that I had to leave my friends and follow her outside. I was not exactly sure what I would do or say, but I knew I had to run after her. I found that she had not gone far, but was sobbing uncontrollably outside the auditorium. Since we had been very careful to avoid any form of physical contact in our friendship, I was not sure how to respond. My inaction and her sobs produced a very awkward situation. Fortunately, a female friend who followed us out was able to comfort Su­san with hugs and soothing words of reassurance; her quick action was in stark contrast to my paraly­sis. Once Susan had regained her composure and fell silent, I knew I had to intervene. The female friend meant well, but did not know Susan well enough to provide the advice Susan was sure to seek.

Not even knowing the cause of this raucous scene, I asked Susan if she would like to talk, and volunteered to walk her home. Wanting to avoid any additional embarrassing scenes, I thought it best to remain in silence while we walked. I dared not cause another emotional outpouring until we were safely behind closed doors. When we finally reached her dorm room, I promptly sat Susan on a bed and placed myself in a chair located several feet across the room. This physical arrangement was hardly conducive to the love and support I was supposed to be providing, but I was too scared and unsure of myself to get any closer.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Instead of skeletons in his closet, Jindal has fedoras.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yup, this is legit

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

OAquinas posted:

12 points to a third candidate would be Perot-level impressive. And basically a repeat on how her husband got the job, so...yeah, precedent!

What if Trump becomes that 3rd candidate after losing the Republican primary?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

mooyashi posted:

even if it weren't for the latter i'm highly dubious of the former

I wish you were right.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yup, this is legit

Wow, before or after 9/11?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Kellsterik posted:

Wow, before or after 9/11?

During

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I wish you were right.

tell me the amount you'd wager against my hundred that you think Trump carries a god drat thing. I'll throw a toxx on it too.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm so glad he actually 'all due respect'ed a major US city

Thank you for this post. It made me go back and actually read what Joe posted.
:dogbutton:

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

And based on his stance regarding bounce slides and zeppelins, he's clearly pro-inflation

Not enough love for this

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
yeah actually after googling Edsel Ford Fung i read everything attributed to him in Futurama's Leo Wong voice

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

jesus loving christ lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Supernatural, guest starring Bobby Jindal.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

How did you guys miss the exorcism stuff years ago?
I'm glad you are discovering it now because that kind of crazy never stops being funny.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

They don't have much in Western MA or the Cape, either. Central MA seems to be the only place where there's a large concentration of rear end in a top hat Republicans, and even then they're not Tea Party types so much as establishment, FYGM rich-people types.

I know this is a few pages too late, but the Merrimack Valley is FULL of rear end in a top hat Republicans. I can't drive through my city without seeing some jackass with a confederate flag bumper sticker.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Ok seriously, is Bobby Jindal a total creepy sperglord weirdo? Or does he have some folksy populist charisma that overcomes it?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Chrpno posted:

Ok seriously, is Bobby Jindal a total creepy sperglord weirdo? Or does he have some folksy populist charisma that overcomes it?

See for yourself. How far can you make it through his response to Obama's 2009 joint address to Congress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFK8aTpYAmg

William Bear fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

William Bear posted:

See for yourself. How far can you make it through his response to Obama's 2009 joint address to Congress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFK8aTpYAmg
"$140 million for something called 'volcano monitoring' "

• Locked thread