Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've been enjoying the game pretty well, but I have to admit it's flaws are a bit more flawsome than City or Asylum, and I was worrying that the game might not quite have lived up to the affection I have for Rocksteady's stuff...

...Until I was fighting some random militia in the middle of the road when some thugs tried to run me over, only instead I jumped off the hood of their car and shot into the air while simultaneously splatting some explosive gel onto their car and detonating it as they tried to speed off in the distance :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Does anybody else pan the camera around dramatically once The Joker is done talking just to see him disappear every time he finishes talking?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

el oso posted:

Does anybody else pan the camera around dramatically once The Joker is done talking just to see him disappear every time he finishes talking?

I think we're twins

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Someone said GMG was going to offer refunds, but their own forums seem to say that once they send you the CD-Key you're poo poo out of luck. And since that system's completely automated and near-instantaneous...I wouldn't hold out hope.

GMG will give refunds if after the first performance patch comes out and you still can't play. Info below.

http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-guidelines.html

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

8-bit Miniboss posted:

GMG will give refunds if after the first performance patch comes out and you still can't play. Info below.

Which seems pretty unreasonable honestly. They pulled the drat thing from sale, just give people the refund

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

wow, minimum 7950/660... that's appalling. I have a 7950, really puts it in perspective how awful this port is

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I know this sounds like a weird complaint, but I think since City these games have had too much enemy variety. I mean, when enemies are electrocuting each other to give themselves a constant electrical barrier, I feel like things have gotten a little out of hand.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Maybe they are betting there won't be a patch.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
Why did Hamill come back? I love him and his voice, but he vowed to step away post City. Origins is evidence (and I absolutely love Baker). It seems weird he's come back now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I never expected the Xbox One version to be superior to the PC version when I got my 970 GTX.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Which seems pretty unreasonable honestly. They pulled the drat thing from sale, just give people the refund

Not sure if they updated since you read it or something, but as far as I can see they are processing refunds as they get to them, nothing about waiting for the patch:

quote:

To update our earlier statement regarding refunds for this title, all refund requests will be honoured as per WBIE's request. If you would like to submit a request for a refund for this title, please contact our helpdesk by clicking here and submitting a support ticket. We thank you in advance for your patience in this regard ­– we'll be dealing with every ticket we receive as swiftly as possible.
http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-pulled-from-sale-refunds.html

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Darkrenown posted:

Not sure if they updated since you read it or something, but as far as I can see they are processing refunds as they get to them, nothing about waiting for the patch:

http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-pulled-from-sale-refunds.html

That's better. Per WB'S request which I guess is uber damage control.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Synonymous posted:

Why did Hamill come back? I love him and his voice, but he vowed to step away post City. Origins is evidence (and I absolutely love Baker). It seems weird he's come back now.

It was either a pay negotiating tactic or they decided to cameo Joker after he made that statement and convinced him to see out the trilogy. Failing that, cash. Maybe enough that they couldn't afford the work for a decent PC port :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Joker is so well done in this, you're a loving idiot if you have qualms with it.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Joker is so well done in this, you're a loving idiot if you have qualms with it.

Ditto for the Batmobile. The back and forth puzzles with it are some of my favourite parts in the series and the (mid-late game mechanics spoiler) CAR STEALTH is incredible.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Synonymous posted:

They paid him. Vows aren't real, and Baker doesn't really compare to Hamill.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant
I think one of the main reasons for pulling it from steam is the borked verify files functions which redownloads the entire 38gb.
I can imagine it being like a non stop big release day for the steam service and valve not being happy

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

ethanol posted:

wow, minimum 7950/660... that's appalling. I have a 7950, really puts it in perspective how awful this port is

This could run on ancient systems if disabling stuff like motion blur and dof worked. It's actually very playable on my 550ti in huge fights, gliding way the gently caress up etc, but when motion blur kicks it all goes to hell.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

Haha They stopped sales on Steam because the PC port is a piece of poo poo.

Actual quality control on Steam games might become a thing. We're living in wonderful gaming times again. Great games returning via kickstarter, refunds for digital games, and we're even getting VR like the stuff that existed when we were kids with those weird helmets and stuff at amusement parks and game shows.

It'd help if games like this weren't poorly ported pieces of crap, but we're getting there!

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Actual quality control on Steam games might become a thing.

lmaoooo

early access, 'pre-order now for guaranteed beta access', kickstarter are just ratcheting up the chance you're gonna pay for an unfinished game. likely through the nose as well; a ton of AAA PC games seem to be getting priced at like £50 for.... reasons? like R6 siege is £50 or half that price over again for the 'gold edition' and it has what, 6 tiny maps the size of a large house?

not that i'm mourning the legions of people seemingly not in their right mind getting burned by rear end creed every year, but you get the feeling some of them forgot to feed their kids for a week to afford it

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 25, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Synonymous posted:

Well, he did say that the only thing that'd draw him back is if he got to voice Joker in a The Killing Joke piece, and he certainly gets to do that in this game.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

net cafe scandal posted:

They paid him. Vows aren't real, and Baker doesn't really compare to Hamill.

I didn't mean to suggest Baker was better, just that he's a great VA who had the balls to tackle post-Hamill Joker. To the other folks that commented: Fair enough, I'm pretty fuckin' glad about it- though I did like Baker-Joker's tendency to sing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Generic Monk posted:

lmaoooo

early access, 'pre-order now for guaranteed beta access', kickstarter are just ratcheting up the chance you're gonna pay for an unfinished game. likely through the nose as well; a ton of AAA PC games seem to be getting priced at like £50 for.... reasons? like R6 siege is £50 or half that price over again for the 'gold edition' and it has what, 6 tiny maps the size of a large house?

not that i'm mourning the legions of people seemingly not in their right mind getting burned by rear end creed every year, but you get the feeling some of them forgot to feed their kids for a week to afford it

Well, when I say quality control, I mean "Sometimes games will get pulled when even the Early Access crowds think the game's unfinished."

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Someone tell me wtf is going on. I saw Oracle shoot herself in the head, but she's alive?!

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I got this on PS4 because I had a feeling about the PC port. Looks like my hunch was right.

This is definitely my favorite in the series so far as far as gameplay goes. At first, I didn't like driving the Batmobile much, but I don't play driving games often. I hate driving in GTA, too. Once I got used to the Batmobile, I really started liking the vehicle sections. I even finished the first two Scarecrow Batmobile challenges with little difficulty.

Combat wise, my favorite part so far was dual fighting with Nightwing. I just finished the airship.

Edit: I just realized that the AR challenges are the challenge maps. Uhh, wtf. We have Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Harley, Catwoman, and Azreal? playable. Where are our time killing 70+ challenge maps like in Arkham City and Asylum?

I bet it's going to be DLC. poo poo better come out soon. I can't wait to waste my life for meaningless numbers.

J2DK fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 25, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

just curious; does anyone else find it weird that they call 'The Joker' and 'The Riddler' 'Joker' and 'Riddler' in these games? I'll be the first to admit that I don't read the comics and don't particularly like comics in general (my undying gay love for batman stems from me being raised on the burton films which i will defend to the ends of the earth) so I have no idea if they're called that there, but it seems a tad, idk, overly familiar. Like what a fan would call them in a breathless treatise at some panel at a convention as the attendees all give him side-eye.

I guess you can just imagine the characters are all cornholing each other behind the scenes and have no room for pleasantries?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Aesis posted:

Someone tell me wtf is going on. I saw Oracle shoot herself in the head, but she's alive?!

Fear Toxin side effects, when used during a Jokeritis infection, may include whatever convenient hallucinations the writers want

Generic Monk posted:

just curious; does anyone else find it weird that they call 'The Joker' and 'The Riddler' 'Joker' and 'Riddler' in these games? I'll be the first to admit that I don't read the comics and don't particularly like comics in general (my undying gay love for batman stems from me being raised on the burton films which i will defend to the ends of the earth) so I have no idea if they're called that there, but it seems a tad, idk, overly familiar.

he's been fighting these guys 5-10 times a year across multiple media formats for almost 100 years

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

OnimaruXLR posted:

Fear Toxin side effects, when used during a Jokeritis infection, may include whatever convenient hallucinations the writers want
So Scarecrow didn't actually lock her up in that cell for her to suicide, and Batman was hallucinating because gently caress reasons?

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
I just noticed that the default suit is supposed to be all dirty and battle damaged but when I select it it's....not. Must be a glitch from changing costumes or something.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He occasionally has some funny one liners, but I still didn't quite enjoy having someone ride shotgun and make cracks the whole way. I didn't mind some of the set pieces or moments, but it got tired. If I could make one main complaint about the game, it's that Rocksteady didn't practice moderation. Batmobile sections, Joker, jump scares. All would've been better with some moderation. Doesn't make the game unplayable and I don't feel as cheated as I did when Joker took over Origins, but I'm still not a fan. Guess I'm a loving idiot.

glasses-idiot
Oct 23, 2014

please stop yelling at my pregnant wife

Hashy posted:

Ditto for the Batmobile. The back and forth puzzles with it are some of my favourite parts in the series and the (mid-late game mechanics spoiler) CAR STEALTH is incredible.

Certain aspects of the CAR STEALTH are incredibly frustrating. I don't know how many times those darn cobra tanks would start a global scan right as my missiles were ready to launch.

It's mostly a matter of being patient I guess, but that doesn't make those sections feel any less like unnecessary padding.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

SonicRulez posted:

He occasionally has some funny one liners, but I still didn't quite enjoy having someone ride shotgun and make cracks the whole way. I didn't mind some of the set pieces or moments, but it got tired.

This. Once in a while there's a cool moment, but they pound you over the head with him until his impact is lessened. Same with the car stuff. And (once again) Riddler trophies. Good elements that could have been significantly more amazing if used sparingly with a greater sense of purpose are just dumped on the player.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

So there's not a lot of hope for a timely patch within the next day or two if they're taking the whole thing down, right?
was there even any day one patch or did they have no plans for post-release support? At least I can hope the PC porting studio all lose their jobs.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

nopantsjack posted:

So there's not a lot of hope for a timely patch within the next day or two if they're taking the whole thing down, right?
was there even any day one patch or did they have no plans for post-release support? At least I can hope the PC porting studio all lose their jobs.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see something early next week. They'll want this resolved so they can start selling again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, this third Riddler race. Are they stupid or something? Wasn't the playtesting just a constant stream of people slamming cars into the second barrier on this wall climb part?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

eww just went to say hi to catwoman/the riddler and loving riddler races? guess i'll treat these the same way I do all the riddler content and just walk right past this. thematically appropriate as well as a timesaver. (well I say thematically appropriate; batman IS so eager to find the locations of riddles to solve it's all he interrogates his henchmen about)

also i totally love playing as catwoman in these games; the animations are just amazing. like that sashay walk animation is so catwoman it hurts. give us a catwoman game rocksteady with 500% more cat puns and 100% less weird rapey taunts. i'd buy it. well, i'd pirate it to see if it actually ran on my computer then i'd buy it, considering the way things are going.

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jun 25, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
If you don't like the joker man bat fakeout you're dead inside.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting flashbacks to the spinning blades platforming of God of War. Especially because there's a bunch of spinning blades.

Hahaha, to get the REC device, there's no scene of Batman coming up against a situation that needs it and calling us Lucias and getting an air drop or anything like that. You just go into GCPD, smash the glass it's behind in the evidence room, and take it. I love it.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 25, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I...actually don't mind it so much. I desperately want to play the story because I'm a huge Batman nerd and even crappy framerate can't detract from the experience too much.

Also, I have a sinking feeling I know who the Arkham Knight is, and I am the densest human being on earth. His identity literally only fits one person in the Batman universe, considering the reasons he hates Batman so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
By all accounts this sounds like a pretty bat pc port

• Locked thread