Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

when i discuss preteen girls depicted high art that is japan animation it is not entirely similar at all to those deviants in a mmo game zone chat talking about preteen girls *farrrt*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
jojo's bizarre adventure and goku are about child diddling *furiously masturbates to prepubes with bunny ears*

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

tmi

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
don't worry you can just turn the posts off

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

i feel safe knowing anime's honor is being defended in this here wildstar thread.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

thunderbro posting being functionally identical to tera zone chat is nothing new tbh, at least he understands that

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

cthulhoo posted:

thunderbro posting being functionally identical to tera zone chat is nothing new tbh, at least he understands that

*fart fart fart poo poo phrbrbrff* :justpost:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

pot meet kettle

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

If a community bothers you enough to the point where you do not enjoy a game then don't play the game. If limiting your interaction with that community makes you happy enough and you like the game after doing so then play the game. That is all there is to it. The people that try to guilt others into playing or not playing a game beyond that for "reasons" are weird and I just ignore them.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Valatar posted:

You shouldn't play wildstar because the developers are obsessed with being "hardcore". The community of all MMOs is packed to the rafters with imbeciles and deviants, that's not going to change regardless of which one you play.

The TERA devs sexualized a race of children with the loving literal excuse that they're actually thousands of years old and whatnot.

I know that shot got censored somewhat for the American release but drat.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Deki posted:

The TERA devs sexualized a race of children with the loving literal excuse that they're actually thousands of years old and whatnot.

I heard that bolded part a lot before the great purge in the anime forum... still see it now again in certain LP threads.

Nerds, man.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Thunderbro posted:

literally nothing about this post is correct

my animes

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
*peruses the shoujo/josei ADTRW thread* hmm yes a thought-provoking piece about a young woman in a difficult situation to be sure

*flips out over video game characters*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's like MMO's are just one big honeypot for this poo poo.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
And to think I've thought the wildstar thread was incapable of being funny ever since it got brought back.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

I strongly believe anyone not buttmad about atrocious TERA anime is a child molester at the very least

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
for the record I legitimately had no idea Thunderbro was a regular in ADTRW when I asked the question but that is a nice cherry on top for sure

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If you bought guild wars 2 at any point in the past its worth downloading the client again and trying it out, they put in a lot of QoL features and just redid the talent system. It feels like a really big ubisoft collectathon now which I quite like.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

the real problem is rampant erasure of non-pedo animes itt

shameful

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

cthulhoo posted:

the real problem is rampant erasure of non-pedo animes itt

shameful

enough with jojo already

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

gettin buttmad at video games itt

Your Moms Ahegao fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 25, 2015

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Byolante posted:

If you bought guild wars 2 at any point in the past its worth downloading the client again and trying it out, they put in a lot of QoL features and just redid the talent system. It feels like a really big ubisoft collectathon now which I quite like.

On top of that download the Combat Mode mod for that same TERA combat feel without all the crappy MMO trappings and pedophilia attached.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Monomythian posted:

gettin buttmad at video games itt

Why would you even bother to make this edit

the original one was fine

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
so, Carbine decided that their morass of a stat system with overlapping, poorly-defined primary stats and a whole tangle of secondary stats is actually pretty lovely and are pledging to streamline it in time for F2P, and the reactions are probably what you expect

quote:

there are 1000s of game for the said "casuals" and apparently there "was" only Wildstar for the "hardcore" gamers. It started as an orange juice and slowly becoming orange aromatized water. Because nobody can hate water. But nobody REALLY enjoys it either.

quote:

Players like you are mongoloids who failed second grade math. How the gently caress is it overly complicated!
But if you want hello kitty like, simple game go play one of the 10 others out there. BUT don't try to destroy the last one normal people (read: above toddler level intelligence) enjoy.

quote:

I like this one : "If you’ve ever been in the position where you weren’t exactly sure which stat would be best for your class" ... then this guy should stop playing the game, or start reading forum or MAYBE .. but it's very hard ... read the description of the stat !!!!! OMFGOFMDFOFGMFOFMGOG that is soooooo hard .... gently caress this ... gently caress this lovely game ... I wish I would be able to play another MMO soon ...

quote:

but AMPs are too complicated, how can i figure out which one are the beter, if there are numbers in them? We should remove them too imo. Also, why do abilities have different CD and DMG, how am I suppose to know which abilities are beter, if there are numbers in them. We should all have the same fix LAS, with only 1 castable spell at a time to make sure we are not confused.

quote:

Soon enough they will automaticly walk your character out of the enemy telegraphs so we understand they are dangerous and remove runes cause they are confusing.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

its me, i'm the mong who failed the math class :smith:

still not gonna download wildstar

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

and today's grand prize goes to this comment

quote:

I just... don't get it anymore.
Carbine continues to take a great game, and make it a piece of poo poo over and over and over and over. I don't understand.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Someone PM me when this thread gets funny again

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

not if there's a chance of you coming back

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Someone PM me when this thread gets funny again

I'm trying

quote:

If they really simplifying the stats in a way that a 6 year old mentally defective kid could throw a burning toaster on the keyboard to rune and gear correctly it will be "hardcore" again - at leat a hardcore haemorrhage of players that like to compute more than 4-6 stats and actually want the need to cogitate sometimes.

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 25, 2015

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

cthulhoo posted:

not if there's a chance of you coming back

lol

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

a hardcore haemorrhage of players that like to compute more than 4-6 stats and actually want the need to cogitate sometimes.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Byolante posted:

I'm one of those weirdos who likes to see all the content in games so unless they reversed their stance on bringing back the 'living story' stuff I don't have much reason to go back.

(I know they changed it with 'season 2' or whatever and it stays around now, but the earlier stuff is apparently never coming back so welp)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Chairman posted:

so, Carbine decided that their morass of a stat system with overlapping, poorly-defined primary stats and a whole tangle of secondary stats is actually pretty lovely and are pledging to streamline it in time for F2P, and the reactions are probably what you expect

holy poo poo

please gimme the source for these, they're incredible

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

frajaq posted:

holy poo poo

please gimme the source for these, they're incredible

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3b2ifa/massivelyop_wildstar_is_adding_much_more_than_f2p/

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

cthulhoo posted:

a hardcore haemorrhage of players that like to compute more than 4-6 stats and actually want the need to cogitate sometimes.

holy poo poo

Chairman thank you for getting suckered into bringing us these gems.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

The Chairman posted:

lmao someone post the chart of what stats do for each class.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
i don't tweak my personal sim spreadsheets 3 hours a day so loving casuals can kill internet dragons at the same speed as me. if anything the game needs more elite stats like poise, resistances, and mystery crit

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

This is what people are complaining about them changing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
and I thought I was being facetious about mystery crit

• Locked thread