Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

[quote="net cafe scandal"
post="447001023"]
Batman always uses the bathroom before he leaves the Batcave.
[/quote]

Batdiaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Saint Freak posted:

Master Wayne what are you doing?
Uh well Joker said he's going to take out those sentry guns for me so I'm waiting to see what he does.

I legitimately died in that section the first time because I wanted to see if/how he'd do anything. So I was standing in the open when the sentry guns opened fire.

Norns posted:

Batdiaper

loving Kevin Smith.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It would be cool if when Lucius Fox is explaining all the features of the new high tech Batsuit, it spent a few minutes explaining where all his poopoo and peepee goes with slow-mo zoom ins and x-ray shots of Batman's catheter and waste dispersal mechanisms.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can't unhear Lee from the Walking Dead interactive movie whenever Fox talks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

After the big twist finale all the thugs start talking about it

"Alright guys, lets do it! Lets kill Bruce Wayne!" "Batman sounded cooler.." "Yeah.. it did.."
"I think it's a really noble thing he's doing. Helping out, changing things for the better." "Did you forget what side you're on?" "Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna kill him"
"I thought Bruce Wayne had nothing better to do than waste his parents inheritance. Guys really gone down in my opinion."
"Can't believe the losers in this town have been getting the crap beat out of them for a decade by Bruce Wayne. I could take him easy!"
"Hang on, hang on. It Batman is Bruce Wayne. Who's been playing Bruce Wayne all this time?

:allears:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 25, 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

net cafe scandal posted:

It would be cool if when Lucius Fox is explaining all the features of the new high tech Batsuit, it spent a few minutes explaining where all his poopoo and peepee goes with slow-mo zoom ins and x-ray shots of Batman's catheter and waste dispersal mechanisms.

It just drops out onto unsuspecting criminals as he's gliding around, I am the night.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Infinitum posted:

After the big twist finale all the thugs start talking about it

"Alright guys, lets do it! Lets kill Bruce Wayne!" "Batman sounded cooler.." "Yeah.. it did.."
"I think it's a really noble thing he's doing. Helping out, changing things for the better." "Did you forget what side you're on?" "Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna kill him"
"I thought Bruce Wayne had nothing better to do than waste his parents inheritance. Guys really gone down in my opinion."
"Can't believe the losers in this town have been getting the crap beat out of them for a decade by Bruce Wayne. I could take him easy!"

In general, the thug incidental dialogue has been great this game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

It just drops out onto unsuspecting criminals as he's gliding around, I am the night.

My god it would be awesome to crop dust enemies from overhead with a vaporized mix of Batman's crap and piss

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

My god it would be awesome to crop dust enemies from overhead with a vaporized mix of Batman's crap and piss

Lmao.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can't unhear Lee from the Walking Dead interactive movie whenever Fox talks.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

net cafe scandal posted:

My god it would be awesome to crop dust enemies from overhead with a weaponized mix of Batman's crap and piss

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Neo Rasa posted:

The Batman is...Dave Matthews?!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"If you see Batman shout and charge him. Never fails"
Hang on, hang on. If Batman is Bruce Wayne. Who's been playing Bruce Wayne all this time?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

redbackground posted:

The Batman is...Dave Matthews?!

Spoiler that, we're trying not to give away the twist surprise ending in the thread yet!

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

PostNouveau posted:

I'm getting flashbacks to the spinning blades platforming of God of War. Especially because there's a bunch of spinning blades.

Hahaha, to get the REC device, there's no scene of Batman coming up against a situation that needs it and calling us Lucias and getting an air drop or anything like that. You just go into GCPD, smash the glass it's behind in the evidence room, and take it. I love it.

I think my favorite part of this is that if you listen to the Cash recording, Cash is like, it sure is nice having one of batman's gadgets around, I really hope he doesn't ever take it back.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
So I finished the story content but I've still got one more gadget slot open (just to the left of the top slot), and there are steam vents hiding Riddler trophies in a few places that I don't know how to deal with. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

quick clarification on ace chemical mission:

You blew up the plant with the scare toxin. You caught a dose, but you're shrugging it off because _Gotham is in danger_.

Seriously, nobodies spotted the statues or posters? The preponderance of purple colors?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So... protip. Remember when I was bitching about this section?

Infinitum posted:

What do you seek in those tunnels Batman? x10
:shepicide:

gently caress this section

Turns out you need a Waynetech upgrade to your disruptor. It costs 2 points for the initial upgrade and 8 points for the "Blow drones up" upgrade. Except it never loving tells you that you need to get the loving upgrade :psyduck:
I only found out because I've clearing out the Militia checkpoints and had to find a way to take out zones with 4+ drones.

It's a mandatory upgrade to beat the section that they never explain to you :psyduck:
This loving game :psyduck:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hav posted:

You blew up the plant with the scare toxin. You caught a dose, but you're shrugging it off because _Gotham is in danger_.

Seriously, nobodies spotted the statues or posters? The preponderance of purple colors?

It represents your growing psychosis. A lot of the things start turning into the Joker. Billboards, thugs on the street, statues, etc.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Turns out you need a Waynetech upgrade to your disruptor. It costs 2 points for the initial upgrade and 8 points for the "Blow drones up" upgrade. Except it never loving tells you that you need to get the loving upgrade :psyduck:
I only found out because I've clearing out the Militia checkpoints and had to find a way to take out zones with 4+ drones.

It's a mandatory upgrade to beat the section that they never explain to you :psyduck:

I think you're supposed to hack the drones' optics using the remote hacking tool to slip past them until you get to the switch in the room with four of 'em all facing different ways.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Detective No. 27 posted:

I would give Warner Brothers many dollars for BAM BIFF POW dlc and an Adam West voice pack.

Adam West voice pack would own, but I'm loving reliving my childhood with Batman: the Animated Series Batman voice...

...in the Adam West costume.... driving the Adam West Car.

hard counter posted:

Only if there's a building filled with celebrities that you manually scale with a rope instead of the grapnel

There needs to be one scene where you're tied to a bouy with a torpedo incoming and a dolphin heroically dives in front of it at the last minute. All off screen of course, so Batman has to explain to the audience why they're tied to a bouy and then in the next scene, he and Robin are happily driving away in the Batboat.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Ugh, I'm stuck at that Riddler challenge where you eject-into-glide then hit a pressure pad. Took me at least 15 tries to get the first one, then the second one is "do it again with a 180 degree turn."

How much more failure do I need before Eddie gives me a smug gimme?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

I think my favorite part of this is that if you listen to the Cash recording, Cash is like, it sure is nice having one of batman's gadgets around, I really hope he doesn't ever take it back.

I like how they don't try to stop you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

snograt posted:

Ugh, I'm stuck at that Riddler challenge where you eject-into-glide then hit a pressure pad. Took me at least 15 tries to get the first one, then the second one is "do it again with a 180 degree turn."

How much more failure do I need before Eddie gives me a smug gimme?

I don't think he ever gives you a gimme, and the third pad is the worst. I spent a decent amount of time trying that one, myself.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

It's been said, but no you don't. They spend AGES teaching you the fact that you can blind drones with the remote hacker and thats exactly what you do. It's like a fleeting easy stealth section followed by some tank combat to clear them out.

This might highlight one of the biggest faults of this game. They only really build on Arkham City and there are a loving overwhelming amount of options and states and nuances to the controls. I love it but I imagine its frustrating for most people playing this game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

You don't need that upgrade to beat it at all. It just makes it easier.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It represents your growing psychosis. A lot of the things start turning into the Joker. Billboards, thugs on the street, statues, etc.

I loved this. Was just meandering about the city when a group of thugs wanted to fight. A charging thug appeared as the Joker to my fractured bat-psyche and I thought it was a neat glitch. Turns out it was intentionally neat.

Oh, and my 6950 HD seems to run this okay on low settings, even though it's a family below the minimum requirements. I did some tweaking to the ini file, and I'm also using RadeonPro.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CuwiKhons posted:

She's talking to "Harleen" in her head

I haven't seen any clips of this. How's that work out?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Holy poo poo. When was the last time a PC release got pulled due to performance issues? Relase-now-Patch-later has been an industry standard practise for over a decade, but the last game I can remember being withdrawn like this was the completely unplayable Sierra Sports NFL Football Pro '99.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't know if I'm a huge fan of the Eternal Sunshine background stuff from what I've seen.. making billboards and poo poo turn all Jokery seems a bit overdone somehow.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Neo Rasa posted:

I understand that was a low end number, but even being realistic he has ~12 minutes of dialogue in Asylum, as well as City, even counting all of the interview tapes. I don't know how you could say anyone in any of the games has "hours" of dialogue. Obviously more than that much work goes into producing it, but my point is just that that's obviously not nearly as bad as having to roll up and deliver a similar performance as part of your day job. It's also notable that the game with the most Joker talking of them all is Origins, where he didn't do the voice work. So that limit might even be part of why he comes back.

He has a lot more speaking bits in this but they're easy to miss. Pretty much any loving time you do a thing he'll be on top of a nearby building waiting to rattle off about 3 lines. Hell he is often just on top of buildings and things at random, I swung over to the ferris wheel on the boat near WayneTech and he was in that. He'll keep saying stuff and when he's done he'll disappear as soon as you take the camera off him about 90% of the time.

Infinitum posted:

*snip*

It's been said a bunch but I had been wanting to mention it but yeah, I have no idea how you managed it without turning off their optics. It took me 2 tries and only because I hosed up using corner cover on the second one.

Infinitum posted:

The first few times this happened I barely caught it and legit thought I was going crazy. Like Joker, most of these things revert to normal after you move the camera off of them, so this was done really well imo.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't know if I'm a huge fan of the Eternal Sunshine background stuff from what I've seen.. making billboards and poo poo turn all Jokery seems a bit overdone somehow.

It's less obvious in play, at least at first; what you're seeing/hearing in the thread is what it's like in the end and it's more obvious in static screenshots. There's definitely a progression, though, one that makes sense given events in the game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ImpAtom posted:

I like how they don't try to stop you.

Well, would you?

How do I access the Harley DLC? And where the gently caress is she? I'm probably halfway through the game after accessing the third island and no peep of her.

I like how the combat AR icon is just straight up a headshot of Batman done in Bruce Timm's style.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Calaveron posted:

How do I access the Harley DLC? And where the gently caress is she? I'm probably halfway through the game after accessing the third island and no peep of her.

AR Challenge menu, from what I hear.

Harley shows up very late-game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It's bad when a launch makes Unity look good by comparison

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

U guys that can't find the Harley DLC or the costume options should really try poking around the main menu for 30 seconds.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's pretty cool they are using that card externally like that.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

It's pretty cool they are using that card externally like that.

Wirelessly, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the final riddler race is a piece of poo poo, especially on that last lap, you pretty much need to get lucky with the rotations to beat it.

• Locked thread