Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ok.. so here is a potential framerate fix that I found.

1.) Right click your game -> Properties -> Launch Options -> Put in "-windowed" (Without the " ")
2.) Launch the game, and then in the Graphics Options change it to "Windowed Borderless"
3.) Start the story mode. And go to an area with a bunch of goons that will easily kill you and stand there
4.) Alt+tab out to a different window. Doesn't matter what, just so long as Batman isn't in focus. (I'm chatting on IRC)
5.) Now in the background you should hear Batman get killed, the random badguy spout nonsense, no sound when the loading screen is up, and then you'll hear sound again as Batman is idling away.
6.) Once that's happened, tab back in and enjoy your stutter free gaming and improved framerate.

Someone please confirm so I can :psyduck: if it works.

You're essentially forcing the game to load again when it's out of focus, and it seems to fix everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Ok.. so here is a potential framerate fix that I found.

1.) Right click your game -> Properties -> Launch Options -> Put in "-windowed" (Without the " ")
2.) Launch the game, and then in the Graphics Options change it to "Windowed Borderless"
3.) Start the story mode. And go to an area with a bunch of goons that will easily kill you and stand there
4.) Alt+tab out to a different window. Doesn't matter what, just so long as Batman isn't in focus. (I'm chatting on IRC)
5.) Now in the background you should hear Batman get killed, the random badguy spout nonsense, no sound when the loading screen is up, and then you'll hear sound again as Batman is idling away.
6.) Once that's happened, tab back in and enjoy your stutter free gaming and improved framerate.

Someone please confirm so I can :psyduck: if it works.

Honestly dude, I would rather just wait for the patch.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I had read some really negative post on RPS about the stuttering, so thought I would hold off until my new g-sync monitor arrives. I cracked and played it for the first time last night anyway and had so much fun. Using a 980 ti/SSD so everything maxed at 3440 x 1440 and it's looking ridiculous and running smooth. Except for the in-game cutscenes - they are stuck in 16:9 and look like squished, zoomed-in rear end. The first time I beat up a group and then called the batmobile it burst through a wall behind me like the loving koolaid man. Amazing. This is the first time I've seen a game that really, really made proper use of all that Physx type stuff. Only took 10 years!

vv Heyo!

Incredulous Dylan fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 25, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Except for the in-game cutscenes - they are stuck in 16:9 and look like squished, zoomed-in rear end.

Turn your monitor on.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Turn your monitor on.

:chanpop:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Brightman posted:

It's been said a bunch but I had been wanting to mention it but yeah, I have no idea how you managed it without turning off their optics. It took me 2 tries and only because I hosed up using corner cover on the second one.

Fuuuuuck. Corner cover. I never thought of that. I feel so dumb now.

This game does have a problem with you having so many options you can't keep track well. I have a hard time remembering which number each gadget is. And you have like three different gadgets that gently caress with technology in different ways. It can be difficult to remember which gadget gently caress up drones vs guns vs people and so on.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Aquasnake posted:

Fuuuuuck. Corner cover. I never thought of that. I feel so dumb now.

This game does have a problem with you having so many options you can't keep track well. I have a hard time remembering which number each gadget is. And you have like three different gadgets that gently caress with technology in different ways. It can be difficult to remember which gadget gently caress up drones vs guns vs people and so on.

I think this is a side effect of starting you off as fully geared up Batman. The game almost feels like an expansion pack because you start out fully loaded and expected to remember how to play. It's been a while since I've played an Arkham game so it felt like a bit of an uphill battle to learn Batman again.

EDIT: Am I the only one who got a chuckle from Batman stealing one of his old upgrades from the GCPD Evidence Room?

Levantine fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 25, 2015

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Did someone mention that this was pulled off of Steam yet?

redbackground posted:

Like 8 pages ago.

Sorry, I only checked a few back. Apologies.

Malek fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 25, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Also out of Retail and GMG, I believe. By Warner Bro's

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Shumagorath posted:

Holy poo poo. When was the last time a PC release got pulled due to performance issues? Relase-now-Patch-later has been an industry standard practise for over a decade, but the last game I can remember being withdrawn like this was the completely unplayable Sierra Sports NFL Football Pro '99.

I promise you it wasn't pulled due to performance issues as much as it was pulled due to Steam's refund policy.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I finally beat the main story. Game was good. Now to 100% it and watch Knightfall Protocol somehow ruin it.

E: Also, it's about loving time they let you go back to the not-messed-up Batsuit after the main story is over. God drat.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 25, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Like 8 pages ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

the final riddler race is a piece of poo poo, especially on that last lap, you pretty much need to get lucky with the rotations to beat it.

Really? I never had any problems and I did it a couple of times. They rotations are actually pretty predictable and you have tons of spare time for it. You can crash like five times and still make it through. The Riddler is not very good at controlling his timing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The lack of AO and some textures is kinda bugging me. Close to getting a GMG refund and just getting it on PS4...

I'd feel like a dumbass if they put out a patch and free poo poo in a few days though.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Has anyone on PC gotten the Riddler trophy in the ball outside the orphanage? It seems like the physics are broken and when it rolls to the bottom it just gets stuck in the back and you can't collect it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

cram me sideways posted:

I promise you it wasn't pulled due to performance issues as much as it was pulled due to Steam's refund policy.

It would have been cheaper for them to just release it later than release it lovely and have people get refunds. Steam still keeps their cut if I understand correctly.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Phoix posted:

Has anyone on PC gotten the Riddler trophy in the ball outside the orphanage? It seems like the physics are broken and when it rolls to the bottom it just gets stuck in the back and you can't collect it.

Try reloading, that fixes it sometimes. That particular one's given us problems in the past.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Levantine posted:

It would have been cheaper for them to just release it later than release it lovely and have people get refunds. Steam still keeps their cut if I understand correctly.

Unless I'm being fed wrong info, the refund process Valve uses is incredible. Basically devs get all their Steam sales placed in a coffer, the contents of which are sent every month, while valve gets immediate access to 30% of every sale. But when a refund is approved, Valve keeps their 30% and the full price of the refund comes out of the developers/publishers total earnings for that month. So getting a successful refund on a game owns devs harder than just pirating the game. WB must be feeling an incredible amount of heat right now.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Sounds good

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

net cafe scandal posted:

Unless I'm being fed wrong info, the refund process Valve uses is incredible. Basically devs get all their Steam sales placed in a coffer, the contents of which are sent every month, while valve gets immediate access to 30% of every sale. But when a refund is approved, Valve keeps their 30% and the full price of the refund comes out of the developers/publishers total earnings for that month. So getting a successful refund on a game owns devs harder than just pirating the game. WB must be feeling an incredible amount of heat right now.

drat that's brutal

totally deserved though

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

net cafe scandal posted:

Valve makes so much money, but the wont drop HL3. smh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Man. I mean it's good for putting pressure on companies but that is pretty weird and exploitative when taken objectively, especially when you consider that AAA companies aren't the only ones using steam. Obviously mass refunds aren't going to be a thing that commonly but it's still kinda weird. (And seems pretty open to exploitation?)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

But when a refund is approved, Valve keeps their 30% and the full price of the refund comes out of the developers/publishers total earnings for that month. So getting a successful refund on a game owns devs harder than just pirating the game.
Yeah, someone's getting yelled at.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This info is from purported indie devs that claim to be breaking contractual agreements by revealing Valves business model. But it's totally believable. I'm sure Origin has a similar policy. Well maybe not because I have no idea if non-EA games are even on that store.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

source?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

net cafe scandal posted:

That sounds insanely brutal for devs, and honestly I could see refund process like that actually driving big companies away from Steam.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

This. The NDA about the cuts is pretty locked down and even with some friends I have, NONE of them are willing to share this info at the 30% level. I'm fairly positive it depends on developer to developer but I could be wrong.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm curious if the 100% ending is different on new game plus.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I love bringing in perps in my batmobile, best feature.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Off the record and unsubstantiated complaints from indie devs on 4chan and poo poo. I think there was a Polygon article that goes into detail about how Valve doesn't really take a hit from refunds at all, but the 30% thing is well known.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Puistokemisti posted:

That sounds insanely brutal for devs, and honestly I could see refund process like that actually driving big companies away from Steam.

It's definitely something that needs to change. It's a model that was made for huge corporations to worry about (like when GameStop buys codes from Sony, sells you a code, and the code doesn't work so you get it taken care of, Sony doesn't lose what they gained) to discourage returns happening at all without taking into account how it effects developers across the spectrum.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Anyone know if the 100% ending requires all of the riddler trophies and riddles? Or can I get away with just doing all of the Most Wanted missions?

Also, does is the gadget in the gcpd evidence room the one I need for Riddler's Final Exam?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Fool posted:

Anyone know if the 100% ending requires all of the riddler trophies and riddles? Or can I get away with just doing all of the Most Wanted missions?

Also, does is the gadget in the gcpd evidence room the one I need for Riddler's Final Exam?

You need 100% of Riddler trophies to complete Riddler's Most Wanted.

The answer to your question is yes

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Jesus fuuuuckkkk Harley's VA is atrocious as all gently caress

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Has anyone else had a problem with the Gunrunner (Penguin) side missions? I started the first non-story one, chased the van down to Sionis on the first island, but when I got there everyone was already unconscious. I could open the roof smash through it to get down to where all the mooks are, but cannot do anything else in the room i.e. blow the vault, the door shows up on detective vision but it's non-interactable.

Seems like it's going to completely screw me out of the completion.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly I don't see an issue with that policy. Sure, the percentages could use a change, but overall I'm for it. It forces devs and publishers to actually put some effort into making a quality product to avoid losing profit later on if they happen to deliver something as bad as this.

If companies start moving away from Steam then it just becomes clear who's not willing to shell out a bit more time/money and makes them seem like they'd rather deliver low quality ports to appease the PC community.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Man. I mean it's good for putting pressure on companies but that is pretty weird and exploitative when taken objectively, especially when you consider that AAA companies aren't the only ones using steam. Obviously mass refunds aren't going to be a thing that commonly but it's still kinda weird. (And seems pretty open to exploitation?)

Since the refund still has to be approved I imagine there's a whole host of reasons to refuse a refund. Like playing the game for quite a long time, or the game being Early Access (since Steam warns you repeatedly that Early Access means you take your chances). Honestly, I think this is the perfect way to keep publishers who pull this kind of poo poo honest, since it hurts them in the one place they truly care about, and is unlikely to affect indie devs all that much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Honestly I don't see an issue with that policy. Sure, the percentages could use a change, but overall I'm for it. It forces devs and publishers to actually put some effort into making a quality product to avoid losing profit later on if they happen to deliver something as bad as this.

That would be true in an accurate world where people don't have extreme emotional reactions to things, especially where they know they can cause financial harm to someone.

If this is accurate part of the super-heavy NDA for it is probably because it will only take a small amount of effort for a #GG-like group to exploit it to gently caress over an indie developer they don't like if the full information is known.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Since the refund still has to be approved I imagine there's a whole host of reasons to refuse a refund. Like playing the game for quite a long time, or the game being Early Access (since Steam warns you repeatedly that Early Access means you take your chances). Honestly, I think this is the perfect way to keep publishers who pull this kind of poo poo honest, since it hurts them in the one place they truly care about, and is unlikely to affect indie devs all that much.

The refund can be approved for, and this is according to Steam's own page "maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it."

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

How come all of gotham's bad guys chipped in to pay the Arkham Knight to help Scarecrow destroy the city? You'd think Penguin and Two-face would be kind of opposed to be dosed in fear juice. I can understand them paying for him to kill batman but why is everyone helping a two bit plan from Scarecrow? The only reason he accomplished anything was because he had help from everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So everyone is having stuttering issues with this game on PC? I have a 2GB video card when a 3GB card is recommended. When I tried to play it everything was slow as poo poo, even on the lowest settings. Is that because of my graphics card or is it a known issue?

• Locked thread