Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Another downtime delay.

quote:

We apologize for the delay. Server downtime has been extended to 12:00 PT (15:00 ET).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

so much for getting games in before work

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

If they can just keep stepping on their dicks for another 5 hours or so I can get in on the first wave of queue-suffering assholes.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

The Locator posted:

Also, the Atlanta. :black101:

get this boat, it's good

and hide behind other boats until you get in range

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

get this boat, it's good

and hide behind other boats until you get in range

So I noticed a while back that when you do the PvE battles, that not only does the AI team exactly mirror your team, but they seemingly pretty much ignore tiers, since both teams get the same and the pool for matchmaking was probably very small for these battles. Enter me - with an Atlanta.

Just drive around staying away from the AI Atlanta while the AI Atlanta reaps low tier pubbie souls like the harbinger of death. I only did it once, but it was pretty hilarious.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

It's 1201 PDT - Where's my botes, Lebowski?! :argh:

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
this is exasperating

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Haha I've been waiting to play boats for five hours this is great.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Suckers. I am at work earning money* while you wait.

*That I will waste on pixel botes

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

It's alive!

edit: I'm not quite sure why I started with 2.3 million credits though. :raise:

TehKeen fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 25, 2015

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

When are they adding clans?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

TehKeen posted:

It's alive!

edit: I'm not quite sure why I started with 2.3 million credits though. :raise:
The credits are from rank rewards.

I don't think they are quite done yet. I have the Arkansas but no humble bundle Murmansk or extra port slots from spaceboats.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Why didn't I get the gold and the boat from the humbe bundle?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Also note that we don't have gold yet, but still piasters.

They really hosed this up I think.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Michaellaneous posted:

Why didn't I get the gold and the boat from the humbe bundle?

I didn't get it either or my Ruskie Omaha. I assume this was a miss on their part.

Because that would mean the humble bumble gave me nothing of what was advertised. I'm going to try and claim it again.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
One last dance before the wipe. I'll miss her. :japan: (Until I get her back.)

Kinda thankful for the delay on EU actually, allowed me to giver her a that send-off.

Gorau posted:

How do the Japanese 8" guns compare to the American 8"? I've played through the American tree and found all the 8" cruisers to be ridiculously accurate and easy to hit things with. With the New Orleans and Baltimore I was reliably hitting destroyers 10-12 km out no matter how they moved.

Just as good, if not even slightly better. More turrets, but slower rotation actually works out well once you're used to it. Gives you more flexibility for splitting your fire or hosing down an area to catch a DD and means losing a turret costs you less of your total firepower. And then there's Zao's railguns. They don't have the rate of fire of the Des Moines' autoloaders, but they are actually even higher velocity and have more pen than any other 8in gun currently in the game.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Are there any skill guides yet? I haven't tried out the new skill trees yet and I'd rather not have to waste gold respeccing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Yeah I'm missing my Murmansk, the gold from the same code, my slots, and it's not connected to my existing gold/premium from tanks

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Logged in just to look, and the premium time, ships, and gold from pre-order package is there, the Arkansas is there, but no Murmansk or 1000 gold from the Humble bundle. Also no gold from Tanks. :argh:

Due to rank rewards, 2.3 million credits + 3000 free xp to start with as well.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

to people missing stuff:

I think that this might not actually technically be OBT, but some kind of head start for CBT players before the actual OBT goes live in order for them to have some time to work kinks out.

But maybe i just give them too much credit. :v:

edit: 140 cruisers, 10 destroyers in queue, heh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Wargaming are so loving hopeless, they still haven't fixed the map edge exploit

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

NTRabbit posted:

Wargaming are so loving hopeless, they still haven't fixed the map edge exploit

Dude they fixed that in alpha.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

xthetenth posted:

Dude they fixed that in alpha.

He might be talking about how you are gliding at weird speeds if you hit the map edge. It messes up the automatic lead when aiming at them, forcing you to aim behind them or something. When aiming at someone, your reticule will follow their speed, and the shells will have some momentum. That goes out the window when the enemy/you hit the map edge, sending shells ahead of where they should according to where you aim and all sort of weird stuff.

You also keep all momentum when hitting the map edge, letting you do some funky turns.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yes, that. Just watched a guy doing that on the map edge in an Erie sink 7 ships on his own while not taking a hit

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Well, I ended up with my Iwaki alpha, Arkansas beta, a Hashidate and a little over 3 mil credits and 11250 doubloons. Ooh and my tier 1 commanders have 7 skills each.

And the loving ping went from an average 70-75 to 145. Really though?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Oh, great.

Receiving client updates.

I guess I'll make some dinner.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

:suicide:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Must resist wasting the 3k free exp from rank ups getting out of these lovely low tier ships.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tanks and Botes just connected premium days for me, but still no tanks gold or Murmansk

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Well, something just broke in the matchmaker.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Atago trip report: it is a good and fun bote. I regret nothing about it. The torps are really good ranged and wide arc swings.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Arkansas is alright, except gun accuracy is piss poor. Also they increased xp requirement and upgrade cost so much :stare:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

no murmansk or 1k doubloons :(

e: reentered the humble bundle code and it succeeded online. after 20m still hasnt shown up in my port...

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 25, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't played in a month or more but I heard there was a big patch and a wipe today and logged in to see the Arkansas Beta in my garage. Not really sure where to start again now. Is there a consensus on which line is better, US or IJN BBs? Also is this Open Beta yet?

E: Also have 2.3 mil credits and 1200 gold. When will they link account gold, I assume only when this game is in full release right?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Axetrain posted:

I haven't played in a month or more but I heard there was a big patch and a wipe today and logged in to see the Arkansas Beta in my garage. Not really sure where to start again now. Is there a consensus on which line is better, US or IJN BBs? Also is this Open Beta yet?
CBT testers get head start until OBT hits on Monday or so. Also xp requirements were increased by 2.5~3.5 so you'll probably get bored grinding one ship for too long. Compared to WoT xp reward per hour is so small.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Premiums work the same as in Tanks, right? As in I can chuck my Sampson captain into my Sims to train him without penalty to his skills in battle? I never actually tested it in cbt

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Match maker is struggling right now. Been in queue for 2 minutes my tier 2 Chester and there are 212 cruisers my level in queue :iiam:

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Source: warships forum

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Durendal posted:

haha of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Durendal posted:

That's a lovely, shady business deal. That won't hold up.