Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

hubris.height posted:

so my strategy of getting all the "increase odds of sword dance" gear and equipping it to each member of my party isn't going to work

i guess that each piece of gear can only be equipped by dancers... and freelancers..

I got a Lamia's Tiara and my Chemist rocks it out with the dancing dagger just fine. I dunno how rare a drop Lamia's Tiara is but you can get one in the pyramid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
So, I'm ready for another run later. Team 750 or Chaos run, do you all think?

Also, and I might suggest this to RK, but I wish you could do 750/no750/Natural Chaos runs. It'd be pretty funny, I think.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Poulpe posted:

I got a Lamia's Tiara and my Chemist rocks it out with the dancing dagger just fine. I dunno how rare a drop Lamia's Tiara is but you can get one in the pyramid.

You can buy them in the Phantom Village

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
:eyepop:

so if i put on equip ribbon anyone can use any of those? gonna own neo exdeath if so. storm of sword dances coming right for him.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
god loving drat it Gilgabot why do you do this to me

I wanted all fire jobs :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

hubris.height posted:

:eyepop:

so if i put on equip ribbon anyone can use any of those? gonna own neo exdeath if so. storm of sword dances coming right for him.

Yep. Equip Ribbons lets you wield the Man-Eater and wear Shoes/Dresses/Ribbons. It's a GREAT passive, since Ribbons/Rainbow Dresses are such good armor (Rainbow Dresses have 18 loving defense!)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Arrrthritis posted:

god loving drat it Gilgabot why do you do this to me

I wanted all fire jobs :(

That seems like a party that is going to totally wreck the game's face.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I'm slacking off but I finally got my rear end to Garula with my THF party. Tonight I'm going to bang my head against the fucker.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
I've reached Moore and have 2 Main Gauches, does the weapon block effect stack if I dual-wield them?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Finally got the earth crystal, my final party is Monk/Zerker/Ninja/Samurai. Any crazy strats I need to know?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Trasson posted:

So, I'm ready for another run later. Team 750 or Chaos run, do you all think?

Also, and I might suggest this to RK, but I wish you could do 750/no750/Natural Chaos runs. It'd be pretty funny, I think.

750 is best fiesta! And I totally agree, Chaos should be an add-on like #natural or #berserkerrisk.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
750 is all magic users, right? If I feel inclined to do a second run I might go for it.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Ilyich posted:

I've reached Moore and have 2 Main Gauches, does the weapon block effect stack if I dual-wield them?

They do not stack, unfortunately

quote:

Finally got the earth crystal, my final party is Monk/Zerker/Ninja/Samurai. Any crazy strats I need to know?

Equip katana on zerker can give him a non poo poo option for one hand. Dual wield is an option on everyone. Samurai with !Image is hilariously unkillable. Buildup isn't great but it can be fun for huge gimmick damage.

Then there's the obvious !GilToss on everyone for jokes damage

Amgard fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 25, 2015

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Dias posted:

750 is all magic users, right? If I feel inclined to do a second run I might go for it.

Specifically, magic-users who can equip rods. Blue mages count; white mages don't.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Maleketh posted:

Specifically, magic-users who can equip rods. Blue mages count; white mages don't.

No, White Mages are available on a 750 run. The help page lists the jobs for each, and it's not just a simple rods/no rods split.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Yeah, 750/no750 are more about the spirit of it (magic-users/non magic-users) than literally dividing between who can and can't use rods.

My only problem with those runs is that they disallow the really peculiar combinations, like Berserkers with !Black, Mages with !Lance, etc. On the other hand, they're much more likely to come out with jobs that have complementary skills, especially 750.

CapitalistPig posted:

That seems like a party that is going to totally wreck the game's face.

It will, yeah, but he was specifically hoping for all Fire jobs. I was going to mention it before, but if he wants a different run he can just blast through the game in ~6 hours without trouble.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CeallaSo posted:

Yeah, 750/no750 are more about the spirit of it (magic-users/non magic-users) than literally dividing between who can and can't use rods.

By getting white mage on my berserkerrisk 750 I ended up with a 750 team that can't break rods. :downs:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Maleketh posted:

If it was rods only, you literally would not have a Fire or Earth job. It's relatively liberal.

DollyDagger
Dec 31, 2007
I have a cool party of Knight/Thief/MK/Summoner but I am stuck on the crystals. I might just need to level up a little to survive their super spells, but what should my general strategy be? This is my first time fighting without access to !White.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DollyDagger posted:

I have a cool party of Knight/Thief/MK/Summoner but I am stuck on the crystals. I might just need to level up a little to survive their super spells, but what should my general strategy be? This is my first time fighting without access to !White.

Fire Rings.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Chaos is horrifying. Just started my second run and got Geomancer as my first job and Dragoon as my second.

If the rest of my party is some combination of Dragoon and Dancer, it may be time to hit up the job fair for the first time ever.

Baku fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 25, 2015

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
a question about 750/no 750: does it work like a normal run or like a random run in regards to the pool of jobs selected from at each crystal? Like can you get a black mage as your fire crystal job?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

a question about 750/no 750: does it work like a normal run or like a random run in regards to the pool of jobs selected from at each crystal? Like can you get a black mage as your fire crystal job?

It works like a normal run. You'll get black/white/blue at wind, summoner/red/time at water, bard/geo at fire, dancer/chemist at earth.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Things I learned today: Masamune's Initiative effect doesn't work on Berserkers.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

Things I learned today: Masamune's Initiative effect doesn't work on Berserkers.

That's unfortunate. Didn't somebody say that the mobile version made it so Berserkers didn't start out with their gauge empty? I wonder if it would work there.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I've run into a situation where I've blazed through the crystals and am right at the beginning of going to world two so I dont have galuf in party but I'm underlevelled and titan is wrecking my face.

If I grind now I'm going to have to grind again in world two so galuf can catch up.

Dangit, I was hoping this run wouldnt take long.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DollyDagger posted:

A crystal won't attack with its big spell until you take its HP down to 50%, so give everyone Equip Swords and focus on killing the first crystal. If you can survive that, you can heal up with items and start on the next crystal. You may have to level up a bit, but nowhere near as much as you'd have to if you were using attacks that hit all the crystals.

You can also summon Golem to block the crystals's physical attacks if that helps.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 25, 2015

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Quick mechanics question. Does Swords Dance activate any sort of Spellblade magic?

I know Swords Dance attacks with both weapons, even with only one dancing dagger (holy poo poo, 6k before Drakenvale with a Ninja), and Spellblade will activate off BOTH weapons (2x Breaksword, full heals from Drainsword, massive damage to Undead with Fira/ga sword). But does any of this factor into a Swords Dance? For better or worse (i.e it won't Drainsword me to death on an Undead if it procs Swords Dance)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Classtoise posted:

Quick mechanics question. Does Swords Dance activate any sort of Spellblade magic?

Algorithms Guide, Section 6.8.6 posted:

Magic Sword effects stack with other attacking commands like BuildUp, Counter,Aim, Jump, X-Fight, Capture and Sword Dance.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

My Ninja just got more deadly!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CapitalistPig posted:

I've run into a situation where I've blazed through the crystals and am right at the beginning of going to world two so I dont have galuf in party but I'm underlevelled and titan is wrecking my face.

If I grind now I'm going to have to grind again in world two so galuf can catch up.

Dangit, I was hoping this run wouldnt take long.

What's your situation? If you have a way to confuse enemies, you can confuse some birds somewhere to cast float on you. North Mountain maybe?

I hope I'm not thinking of Drakenvale in prep for the seal guardians but I don't think I am.

EDIT: Found it! I had the same problem last year. If you have !Dance you can confuse the flying cats at North Mountain into casting Float on you.

Poque fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 25, 2015

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

DollyDagger posted:

The way I handled it in my current run was to focus on the bottom crystal first, and then summoned Titan to hit the remaining three. But I also had a chemist using samson's might on a monk and my summoner so I was able to do a lot of damage per turn.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poque posted:

What's your situation? If you have a way to confuse enemies, you can confuse some birds somewhere to cast float on you. North Mountain maybe?

I hope I'm not thinking of Drakenvale in prep for the seal guardians but I don't think I am.

EDIT: Found it! I had the same problem last year. If you have !Dance you can confuse the flying cats at North Mountain into casting Float on you.

Sweet, thatll help! I have white mages so I can just cast confuse.

I still need to grind a little though when I get galuf back because level 13 is probably too low for coming into world 2.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Poque posted:

If you have a beastmaster you can also use !Control to force one of the cats to cast float on your party.

Prancer
Nov 17, 2011

Poque posted:

That's unfortunate. Didn't somebody say that the mobile version made it so Berserkers didn't start out with their gauge empty? I wonder if it would work there.

Seems to work in the phone version. Krile is equipped with Masamune and Faris with hermes sandals.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Is there anywhere in the merged world where one could farm turtle shells?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Is there anywhere in the merged world where one could farm turtle shells?

Square F-6

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

You sunk my battleship.

More seriously, after a GBA emulator failure that means it constantly fails to save, and having already typoed myself out of a savestate, I restarted the game (on SNES). I forgot how much I would miss being able to dash. I played FF4 and FF6 on this thing and I couldn't dash in those either (minus Sprint Shoes), why is it so annoying nowadays?

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

DollyDagger posted:

Equip everyone with summon (and throw on gaia gear if they're able to equip it). Then cast summon titan over and over again. You'll kill three of the crystals, and after that you can just straight murder the last one with the rest of you team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Prism posted:

More seriously, after a GBA emulator failure that means it constantly fails to save, and having already typoed myself out of a savestate, I restarted the game (on SNES). I forgot how much I would miss being able to dash. I played FF4 and FF6 on this thing and I couldn't dash in those either (minus Sprint Shoes), why is it so annoying nowadays?

Because you gotta go fast.

And it sucks not being able to go fast.

• Locked thread