Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Every bad thing Lottie and Shauna do to Jordan is completely justified. Who the gently caress wears a hooded onesie anyway?

I'm assuming Lynx Africa is just British (or Allison-ese) for Axe body spray, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Same thing, different brand name in the UK.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

I'm assuming Lynx Africa is just British (or Allison-ese) for Axe body spray, right?

Also,

Wikipedia should have posted:

Axe (also known as Lynx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and People's Republic of China) is a brand of vile antiperspirant musk, owned by the British–Dutch company Unilever and marketed towards teenage boys and other mistake-makers.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Maybe this is just "teenager can't handle his alcohol", but: notice that the jerk guy offered a drink only to the two people he most hates right now.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh God, Lynx Africa was my first deodorant. It was everyone's first deodorant. I was really hoping it would have died out in the 90s like AOL and grunge.

Fun Fact: Africa is called 'Kilo' (or something) over here in Japan.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I think Lynx was basically most guys first deodorant. That whole tongue-in-cheek "Women will be all over you" thing is very effective on adolescents who want to get the girls but have no idea how. Sure, it's obviously meant ironically and doesn't actually do that, but just imagine if it did...

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Not mine. :colbert:

My mother wouldn't have it in the house. We got this stuff that was made I think primarily from alcohol and citric acid instead.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Man, I knew better than to have Axe as my first deodorant; poo poo never smelled better than the nastiest chemicals, yet everybody in the locker room sprayed it on locations where deodorant should not be, like inside baseball caps.

Apparently there's a variety marketed toward women these days called Lynx/Axe Anarchy.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Looks like the print run of Giant Days has been extended to 12 issues. Pretty good news, because I've been enjoying that book quite a bit.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

First Eustace, now Ben Bishop. These girls have a knack for destroying other people's lives indirectly.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
RIP Stew Jabs

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You'd think Bristeve Jobs would have security at his friggin' space engineering facility, but nope.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, things went in an unusual direction. But hey, Lottie & Shauna: mystery teens are back!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I loved this sequence from yesterday's strip

Twin finger guns of Justice.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is a trap. This feels like a trap.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Roger Explosion posted:

This is a trap. This feels like a trap.

Hell of a way to close out the Bobbins-verse, shoot the girls into the sun.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I might think trap, but Shauna and Charlotte are literally never wrong, so it won't be.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I would say it was definitely a trap, but he did have the balloons ready.

On the other hand, this is the guy who had the Boy randomly killed by a hell computer just before the story ended and reincarnated as a devil horse, so.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Rand Brittain posted:

I would say it was definitely a trap, but he did have the balloons ready.

On the other hand, this is the guy who had the Boy randomly killed by a hell computer just before the story ended and reincarnated as a devil horse, so.

It's what he would have wanted.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Not Steve Jobs is kidnapping our protagonists and I don't know how the story suddenly turned this way.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Given how the guy is a mix of Richard Branson, Steve Jobs and Elon Musk, let's hope this flight goes better than SpaceX's latest Falcon 9 rocket.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap. Trap.

Well, I dunno, still seems innocuous enough.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hate being right. :saddowns:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
"Auto pilot requires missing plug-in."

The girls will find it with a quick google search and upload it into the spaceplane's memory via bluetooth. Not-Steve-Jobs will be undone by the user friendliness of his slickly designed software!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Odds that this is all just a weird prank the eccentric rich guy keeps in reserve and the girls are actually in some sort of shuttle simulation?

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I was really leaning "Steve Jorbs enslaved by crazy AI that took over the moon or something" when this story started, but I will totally buy "software cult scam on behalf of alien taskmasters."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jackard posted:

Odds that this is all just a weird prank the eccentric rich guy keeps in reserve and the girls are actually in some sort of shuttle simulation?

I hate this man almost as much as I hate you.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Jackard posted:

You scare me.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Jackard posted:

:golfclap:

And to :toot: my own horn,

Wyld Karde posted:

Not-Steve-Jobs will be undone by the user friendliness of his slickly designed software!

The girls succeeded because of the inherent useability of the touch-screen interface. :smug:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Our software is so good even a teenage girl can use it! Even though our plugin compatibility is not so great.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jackard posted:

You are John Allison and I claim my five pounds.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lottie is going to kill that guy. Or possibly everyone. She's livid.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I kinda don't care about this police drama.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'd care more if Allison started proof-reading his own lettering for mistakes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Roger Explosion posted:

I kinda don't care about this police drama.

Well too bad, it's what's coming after Space is the Place!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha...ha.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well too bad, it's what's coming after Space is the Place!

I'm hoping we just get Space is the Place plot twists forever.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I have no idea what's going on in the Cop Drama - I just don't remember what happened last week when there's a new issue. Did we see any of these characters before? I have no idea.

Since I've never read Scary-Go-Round I normally have the same problem with Bobbins when it turns up as a once-a-week thing, but by all accounts that's good? I liked Giant Days, since it all came at once, so I'd probably like Cop Drama too if it became a full-time thing. Just not like this.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
See, now Douche-bag McSelfie-stick is being the type of slimy, manipulative antagonist type I like. You know. Instead of just a creep. Good work, McSelfie-stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
New Bad Machinery case starts on the 27th.

• Locked thread