Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Played against Lightsworns on Devpro today. The person brought a 60 card deck and never once had fewer than 4 in hand as he filled the field with BS every turn, including getting out, and losing, 2 JDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
How do people fight against Melodius? Do I have to side-in skill drain and hope I draw it?

Sky Arc is some ridiculous poo poo. I recently added it to my Red-Eyes Pendulum deck and it's retarded. I can use Sky Arc's effect to destroy Black Metal Dragon and be able to get Red-Eyes and Odd-Eyes from the deck.

:stare:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BurningDance posted:

How do people fight against Melodius? Do I have to side-in skill drain and hope I draw it?

Castel and Exciton.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xoidanor posted:

Castel and Exciton.

Targets and destroys respectively.

I side in Concealing myself.

Edit: So my college card games club announced that they were doing a "Yu-Gi-Oh Sudden Death" Tournament. I posted my deck list and asked for my prize.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 25, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://ygorganization.com/solikealiengreys/

Greydle Eagle is one of the most powerful generic monsters in a long time. Holy poo poo. :stare:

Senerio posted:

Edit: So my college card games club announced that they were doing a "Yu-Gi-Oh Sudden Death" Tournament. I posted my deck list and asked for my prize.

"Sudden Death" is the dumb "start at 1 life point" thing that AznEyes has been pushing lately, yeah? Why would they think doing a tourney with those rules would be any fun? That's all going to come down to the winner being whoever goes first each game.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/solikealiengreys/

Greydle Eagle is one of the most powerful generic monsters in a long time. Holy poo poo. :stare:

That's going to be one degenerate rear end archetype if they get a searcher or two. I'm not liking however how every new archetype is built so that the only efficient alternative is rank4 toolbox. Castel and Shark need to go. :sigh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That link made me expect alien support :smith:

At least that's one very interesting archetype

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

drat, that Eagle really is broken.

Are they supposed to be Grey aliens? It sort of looks like it, but Greydoll is an odd way to call them if that's the case.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

drat, that Eagle really is broken.

Are they supposed to be Grey aliens? It sort of looks like it, but Greydoll is an odd way to call them if that's the case.

It's not 'Greydoll', it's 'Greydle'. It's supposed to be grey + cradle, apparently.

Thematically I'm really not sure what they are. Slime looks like an alien, but Eagle and Dragon don't really support that. They're weird.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eagle has a slime on its leg.

Think of it more like Koaki Meiru than Alien grey.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This is a friendly reminder that if you play Chain Burn, then you are a terrible, terrible person. :argh:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Chain burn is always awful and unforgivable.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

Chain burn is always awful and unforgivable.

It's literally the least skillful deck in the game to play. Just set your backrow and then activate them on the next turn. You win!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

It's literally the least skillful deck in the game to play. Just set your backrow and then activate them on the next turn. You win!

It's my favourite deck and you're a butt.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

As somebody who was reintroduced to this game through burn decks, it's a terrible deck if a bit easy to sidedeck against. It's not fun to play against, it's two people playing solitaire until somebody wins.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Any deck that isn't about summoning the biggest, baddest dragon is degenerate garbage and belongs in the trash.

I'll make an exception for decks that are about summoning cool powerful wizards.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

Your face is a butt.

I thought your favorite deck was your Rank-Up Heraldic thing? Whatever happened to that?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Any deck that isn't about summoning the biggest, baddest dragon is degenerate garbage and belongs in the trash.

I'll make an exception for decks that are about summoning cool powerful wizards.

What about giant demon kings.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

What about giant demon kings.

Demons are BASICALLY dragons, if you think about it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Demons are BASICALLY dragons, if you think about it.

Sure why not.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Grapha and D/D/D Pendragon say hi. :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Your face is a butt.

I thought your favorite deck was your Rank-Up Heraldic thing? Whatever happened to that?

It seems to one-trick pony too often these days. In all seriousness, Magician Pendulum is doing quite a bit for me right now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

It seems to one-trick pony too often these days. In all seriousness, Magician Pendulum is doing quite a bit for me right now.

I was on a winning streak with Pendulum Magicians tonight until goddamned Chain Burn showed up. :argh:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I want to make a Yuma deck, now that Hope Zexal is on YGOPro.

As in, not a deck that Yuma would use. A deck literally focused on cards with Yuma in them, because there's a lot of those for some reason. I'd need to go ban-less for the Zexal cards, but beyond that it should be a terrible but possible idea.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dexie posted:

I was on a winning streak with Pendulum Magicians tonight until goddamned Chain Burn showed up. :argh:

That is why DDDs are so fun.
D'Arc or Leonidas is out and they can do nothing

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

JamMasterJim posted:

They also handle the occasional Volcanic surprisingly well.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

JamMasterJim posted:

I can't play DDD though. I'm allergic to Fiend decks.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

What do you keep in your Side Decks? I admit that I have borderline no idea how to handle mine. Here's what little I have:

I don't even know why I keep the Black Holes and Raigeki, I never know when to use them.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

paradoxGentleman posted:

What do you keep in your Side Decks? I admit that I have borderline no idea how to handle mine. Here's what little I have:

I don't even know why I keep the Black Holes and Raigeki, I never know when to use them.

For some reason your pictures aren't loading for me, anyway as far as I understand the side deck is what you use so you can have situational cards ready to be added to your main deck. So for example against a deck that uses alot of search you could side in mistake.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Side deck cards are mainly what does well against opponent's decks specifically and what doesn't harm your deck. Mistake is a common card, as well as Royal Decree and Macro Cosmos, depending on what you're playing.

Slur fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 26, 2015

BirchBeerFloat
Jul 26, 2013
There are two philosophies you can have with the side deck, either "a small set of cards that fundamentally change the way the deck plays" or "cards that shutdown specific meta threats". The first is circumstantial, you usually see it with archetypes that have a lot of variance in playstyle, or that can benefit from an unusual tech choice with a bit of added support. Someone posted a Noble Knight youtube deckbuild a while back that is a good example of this type of sidedecking, you have two sets of six card side-ins, one for a control build and another for Dark Law.

The second is the kind you see more often, partially because it's much easier. You look at what other people are playing and side-in cards for the match-ups you would otherwise struggle with. For instance, right now the most popular deck is Nekroz. Cards that might help against Nekroz include Lancea, Anti-Spell Fragrance, Imperial Iron Wall, Spell Canceller, and Mistake. Where siding gets tricky is that there are many more popular decks, such as Shaddolls, tellars, Qlis, and BA that won't be hurt by these cards to the same extent that Nekroz would, and have their own weaknesses, so you have to find a balance. You also have to make sure that whatever you side isn't going to hurt you as much as your opponent.

If you find that you're never siding in a card, it should probably be replaced. On the same note, if you're always siding in a card, you should consider main-decking it. One exercise that helps is thinking of a specific deck you might go against, then asking "what would I side in this case?" You'll get better at side-decking with practice.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

For me, my local meta never had the crazy decks like Nekroz or Shaddolls, it was just a bunch of fun decks. One guy had a deck consisting ONLY of cute cards (this included Spells/Traps as well as Monsters). He was pretty crazy with it.

So, my Side Decks tend to consist of cards I couldn't fit in the main deck since I like to keep it at 40 cards.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

For me, my local meta never had the crazy decks like Nekroz or Shaddolls, it was just a bunch of fun decks. One guy had a deck consisting ONLY of cute cards (this included Spells/Traps as well as Monsters). He was pretty crazy with it.

So, my Side Decks tend to consist of cards I couldn't fit in the main deck since I like to keep it at 40 cards.

Think you could get his decklist? That sounds great.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

Think you could get his decklist? That sounds great.

He quit a while ago, though I think it revolved around the Raccoon cards and I remember a lot of Kuriboh..or at least a random one.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsyGhoJho4

The official Yu-Gi-Oh! YouTube page has been streaming the first dub episode all day.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

ThermoPhysical posted:

He quit a while ago, though I think it revolved around the Raccoon cards and I remember a lot of Kuriboh..or at least a random one.

L2 Beasts? It's actually a pretty good deck. Princess Burn is a cute control deck too.

Gustos are the best though. Keep recycling birds until your opponent suicides themselves on Sphreeze because reading card text is hard. Also its a cheap and shiny deck.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AfroSquirrel posted:

L2 Beasts? It's actually a pretty good deck. Princess Burn is a cute control deck too.

Gustos are the best though. Keep recycling birds until your opponent suicides themselves on Sphreeze because reading card text is hard. Also its a cheap and shiny deck.

I love Gustos. I got someone to prohibition creature swap first turn in a tournament using them.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So I guess Arc-V Sound Duel 3 came out recently. The first track, Duel of Rebellion is a minor key version of The Action Duel Begins, so that's neat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 DARK Dragon-Type non-Tuner Synchro Monster
During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; negate that face-up card's effects until the end of this turn. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss" once per turn.

Holy crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will play a Red Demon's Dragon deck with all of these sick loving cards