Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

quote:

Ahoy Captains! There seems to be some questions around the Murmansk code from the Humble Bundle:

"Will I get to keep the Murmansk from the Humble Bundle when World of Warships goes to Open Beta?"
"I bought the Murmansk during CBT, then bought the Humble Bundle. Will I get to keep the Murmansk, and get my tokens refunded?"

The answer to both of these questions is yes. If you purchase a Humble Bundle with the Murmansk code, you will keep the ship after OBT. If you bought a Murmansk for tokens during CBT, remember that your tokens get reimbursed as doubloons at the start of Open Beta. If you get the Murmansk from the Humble Bundle, then your tokens you spent on the CBT will be refunded, and the code for the Murmansk will carry over.

Hope that solves your questions!

how is wg always able to piss off their customer base so completely

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
oh this meltdown is going to be awesome

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

It appears wargaming doesn't know what the gently caress

Edit: beaten because phone postin suuuucks :argh:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Yeah that has to be a support ticket monkey not knowing anything. The main NA community person started the thread with the bit people have been quoting. There would be such a huge backlash if they backtracked.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Dunno-Lars posted:

He might be talking about how you are gliding at weird speeds if you hit the map edge. It messes up the automatic lead when aiming at them, forcing you to aim behind them or something. When aiming at someone, your reticule will follow their speed, and the shells will have some momentum. That goes out the window when the enemy/you hit the map edge, sending shells ahead of where they should according to where you aim and all sort of weird stuff.

You also keep all momentum when hitting the map edge, letting you do some funky turns.

It's not that hard to shoot at them, it's just they only keep the component of their velocity parallel to the map border.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I can't see them not giving CBT people their Murmansks. Multiple official community people have directly and explicitly said we will get our ships in OBT.

Also, wow the XP gain to xp requirement seems harsher than WoT. I'm pounding out solid games in my Tenryu and its taking ages to get through.

Edit: When do you guys start moving the same captain up the ship ranks instead of just buying a new one?

cheese fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 25, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

cheese posted:

I can't see them not giving CBT people their Murmansks. Multiple official community people have directly and explicitly said we will get our ships in OBT.

Yea, and while it wasn't a lot of money (a buck), I still bought it specifically to get it later, since I was done with the CBT and only logged in to make sure that it was there, and never played a single game in it.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I'm on the TS server and need to get permissions for the WoWs. Name is Nicotinefunk.

gently caress me, I can't read. My bad.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Yeah, compared to WoT xp req is insane.

Also Sims on steroid going 42.1 knots :stare:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Aesis posted:

Yeah, compared to WoT xp req is insane.

How bad is it now? I thought closed beta had a pretty good speed, maybe slightly too fast.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

PirateBob posted:

How bad is it now? I thought closed beta had a pretty good speed, maybe slightly too fast.

It's like having burning needles stuck in your dick.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
250k for the tier 10 bb :wtc:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is it just me or are the premium XP rewards now basically non-premiums rewards from the old system?
:wtc:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Michaellaneous posted:

Is it just me or are the premium XP rewards now basically non-premiums rewards from the old system?
:wtc:
xp reward seems lower now.

Anyways don't go into canal in Two Brothers, always pubbie launching torp from far back and killing the team :argh:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

XP reward lower and ship costs more now? This is just insane. The gently caress wargaming.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Michaellaneous posted:

XP reward lower and ship costs more now? This is just insane. The gently caress wargaming.

To Wargaming, 'closed beta' means testing, and 'open beta' means 'now you fuckers have to start paying us.' Everyone expected this.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Michaellaneous posted:

Beta advancement was laughable. You didn't have to play more than 1 or 2 games in a boat before eliting it until about tier 3. It slowed down about tier 5, but early stuff was crazy fast.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It's still a bit steep I have to say.
Welp.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I think at least a small part of it is the games right now. We are still in closed beta, so everyone in the matches has put in the effort/energy to get into closed beta and are probably better players on average than the drooling masses who will show up next week for open beta. Also, this game is just harder to carry in than WoT. In a tier 3 WoT game, I can slaughter 5 bad tanks and do like 1/3 of the enemy teams health in damage without taking a scratch. There is no pubbies bouncing your armor with their stock gun. Its way harder to avoid damage against other players and its easier for them to damage you.

cheese fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 25, 2015

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

To Wargaming, 'closed beta' means testing, and 'open beta' means 'now you fuckers have to start paying us.' Everyone expected this.

As if most people didn't have to pay to get in closed beta.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say

Also, LOL if Wargaming expects me to give them a cent if they end up not honoring the Humble Bundle code.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Durendal posted:

Also, LOL if Wargaming expects me to give them a cent if they end up not honoring the Humble Bundle code.

Read the thread. They will.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I highly recommend playing a Japanese destroyer and feasting on all the awful Tier IV Arkansas BB's floating around.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
So many Atago in Tier 7~8 games right now :stare:

e: 10 X 8 inch guns at 3.8 rof with 27 seconds rotation, 8 torps per side and good maneuverability. Atlanta is obsolete!

Aesis fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 26, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Aesis posted:

So many Atago in Tier 7~8 games right now :stare:

e: 10 X 8 inch guns at 3.8 rof with 27 seconds rotation, 8 torps per side and good maneuverability. Atlanta is obsolete!
1) How are people even buying it? Shows the WoWs store as being down all afternoon for me.
2) How else could you bet at tier 8?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

cheese posted:

1) How are people even buying it? Shows the WoWs store as being down all afternoon for me.
2) How else could you bet at tier 8?
It's in the ingame shop. You buy it with 10,400 gold or something. Click on Japanese tree, click on Atago so it loads on port, then press 'Purchase' on the top left side.

You can squad up with Tier 5 ships and sometimes that will drop you into Tier 8 games. Or just use Tier 6~7 premium ships. I've seen a few Warspites getting dropped only to get mutilated. Currently seeing 5~7 Atago per team.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Aesis posted:

It's in the ingame shop. You buy it with 10,400 gold or something. Click on Japanese tree, click on Atago so it loads on port, then press 'Purchase' on the top left side.

You can squad up with Tier 5 ships and sometimes that will drop you into Tier 8 games. Or just use Tier 6~7 premium ships. I've seen a few Warspites getting dropped only to get mutilated. Currently seeing 5~7 Atago per team.
Don't have enough gold and WoWs store is down all day :ohdear:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

WayAbvPar posted:

Beta advancement was laughable. You didn't have to play more than 1 or 2 games in a boat before eliting it until about tier 3. It slowed down about tier 5, but early stuff was crazy fast.

I don't think it was a problem, you can elite tier 1-2 tanks in one game without premium. Progress was much faster in closed beta at the higher tiers, but I don't think it was totally excessive. Matches take at least twice as long as tanks after all.
250000 for a tier 10 is considerably more than the average tier 10 tank unlock, isn't it?

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

James Garfield posted:

I don't think it was a problem, you can elite tier 1-2 tanks in one game without premium. Progress was much faster in closed beta at the higher tiers, but I don't think it was totally excessive. Matches take at least twice as long as tanks after all.
250000 for a tier 10 is considerably more than the average tier 10 tank unlock, isn't it?

But when you consider XP cost per ton, we're way ahead!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

James Garfield posted:

Ya the game timer is 20 minutes and I'm having matches that are lasting 12+ minutes frequently. What seems to happen is that the two teams win in different areas of the map and then it takes minutes for ships to get to each other.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
20-30 km square map size going around at 40-60 kph vs 1-3 km square map size going around at 40-60 kph. Average game time 15-20 minutes vs 5-10 minutes. And it's not like base xp is higher compared to WoT unless you do extremely well.

If you also take a look at xp req for upgrades they require so much even for low tiers.

Not to mention that xp reward at lower tier is actually low. Seriously, might as well just buy Atago and forget about low tier grinding.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Have I not been paying attention to flags or has Confederate always rewarded 10x 50% XP flags? Those are solid.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

RIP your Humble Bundle stuff:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/34287-important-humble-bundle-e3-digital-ticket-information/

Hope you didn't spend more than a dollar on it.

Vorkosigan fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 26, 2015

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say

Who said late term abortions aren't illegal? Rip game

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Durendal posted:

Who said late term abortions aren't illegal? Rip game

lol so do we get to keep any of it? Or did I register for some lovely site and use my CC information to pay a dollar for no reason?

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

:munch:

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say

cheese posted:

lol so do we get to keep any of it? Or did I register for some lovely site and use my CC information to pay a dollar for no reason?

Well I guess you get whatever else was in the bundle, but if you bought it for the Ships stuff you are poo poo out of luck.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
It's just a bizarre stance to take. It costs them absolutely nothing to give us these items, which we paid for.

How many people would have bought the pack if it was to use the stuff for less than a week? It's not about the $1, it's about common sense.

What happens if you buy some gold, and then they decide whoops we made a mistake and all these premium ships were meant to be double the price, sorry we made a mistake... and take the ship.

Your virtual item costs nothing and you have unlimited inventory, why make it a fuss at all?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I guess I'm glad I didn't give any of my humble bundle dollar to the developers.
Good job wargaming for fraud over an item with zero marginal cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

hopefully my early post helped to set the mood :3:

e: i popped my WG forums posting cherry for this poo poo. i cant undo it. i feel so dirty.