Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Dogen posted:

I got that on day 1, don't think it has anything to do with the issues.

Yeah, what the hell? "As a thanks to fans here's something you could get anyway."

The best are all the replies.

"OH MAN AWESOME THANKS SO MUCH YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING"

Jesus, gamers are just retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Goddamn I even feel bad for locking up the usual villains in the same cell as professor pyg

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kurtofan posted:

Goddamn I even feel bad for locking up the usual villains in the same cell as professor pyg

Batman throws Chief Underhill in there, too.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please tell me the Prof. Pyg poo poo is good.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Anime skin looks like rear end so at least it'll fit in with the PC release. :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

net cafe scandal posted:

It's more annoying and obnoxious that whatever they were going for

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Namaste posted:

The Freeze Blast. It's sitting on a table next to the Isolation Chambers at the movie studio. Turn left as you come in the door. Look for a Batsuit Pod.

Thanks a ton! Don't know how I missed that

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Scyantific posted:

Anime skin looks like rear end so at least it'll fit in with the PC release. :v:

I kind of want the Superman vs. Batman armoured Batman suit and normal Batman suit. That movie is going to rule.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sober posted:

It's either the freeze grenade or just somehow randomly you need to get a hold of the programming chip for the riddler-bots to let you control them with the voice gadget. Not exactly sure how you get the last one exactly, seems like you just have to get it from fighting one in free roam, but I didn't get one right away.

Cheers man. Want to 100% this. Game is fantastic.

Still really down about That One Scene though. :smith:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Holy poo poo turning off AA by itself makes this game look so much better on PC. AA on is a muddy, blurry mess. AA off I can actually see lights on objects in the distance now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Batman throws Chief Underhill in there, too.

I knew it!

Until I caught him burning down a firestation, I thought it was firefly who attacked the firetruck

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

doctor 7 posted:

I kind of want the Superman vs. Batman armoured Batman suit and normal Batman suit. That movie is going to rule.

I'm looking forward to the oversaturated sweaty workout scene as both characters roar at the camera with huge hairy pecs in slowmo.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Calaveron posted:

There's a bit late on where Batman goes back to his civvies and talks like Bruce Wayne and holy poo poo does Kevin Conroy sound old. At this rate he'll do fine for another DKR animated movie.
Peter Weller did a great job in DKR even if he didn't bother coming up with two voices. Conroy was the first one to do that, Bale did it well in BB but drove it into the ground in the next to movies, and I can't think of anyone else who's bothered doing the split.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

nopantsjack posted:

I'm looking forward to the oversaturated sweaty workout scene as both characters roar at the camera with huge hairy pecs in slowmo.

Can't wait

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
For when WB games makes the inevitable sequel, spin off, or origins 2, are there any major bat characters they haven't done yet? Pretty much every villain the public would have heard of its here, though there's still some heroes I'd like to see. (Huntress and question please.)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Calaveron posted:

It's more annoying and obnoxious that whatever they were going for

I would like a second opinion.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

nopantsjack posted:

*everyone kind of laughs and backs away from you*

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm still opening steam and being surprised nobody has tried to patch this yet, even without any problems you'd expect some minor patches in the first couple days. Don't know if their post-release support was never planned to exist or if they're taking everything off of Iron Galaxy to patch in-house, in which case this is gonna take a while.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

What am I supposed to do in the final riddler challenge?

I assume you mean with Catwoman.
Use the electric blast thingy to move the blocks. Whichever block Catwoman is standing on won't move. Pounce to the ceiling to actually get into the room. The goal is to get empty spaces under wherever the lasers are.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It makes you wonder how WB was spending their money when CD Projekt can put out The Witcher 3 on PC and both consoles simultaneously as their first multiplatform launch and have the game run well on even ~4yr old machines.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The new game plus intro... HAHAHAHA

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

*everyone kind of laughs and backs away from you*

Lmao look at this bitch that wouldn't gently caress batman. What a homo.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Shumagorath posted:

It makes you wonder how WB was spending their money when CD Projekt can put out The Witcher 3 on PC and both consoles simultaneously as their first multiplatform launch and have the game run well on even ~4yr old machines.

CDPR is a real outlier in the industry though. They seem very concerned about the end user experience in general.

Grapplejack posted:

yeah, you win sex with a man, that's as straight as it gets

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Discendo Vox posted:

I saw that and it almost sucked me into playing the game all over again, but I feel like that's the only change.

ShineDog posted:

For when WB games makes the inevitable sequel, spin off, or origins 2, are there any major bat characters they haven't done yet? Pretty much every villain the public would have heard of its here, though there's still some heroes I'd like to see. (Huntress and question please.)

I'm expecting WB Montreal will make an Origins 2. I would gladly take a Nightwing game based out of Bludhaven.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

Spoil it for me? Will probably forget by the time this is available for purchase again.

Levantine posted:

CDPR is a real outlier in the industry though. They seem very concerned about the end user experience in general.
I forgot they also delayed it six months or whatever whereas WB probably wanted this out in time for whatever quarterly report.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Batman straight up kills people in this game unless electrocuting people protects them as you run them over.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Shumagorath posted:

Spoil it for me? Will probably forget by the time this is available for purchase again.

Joker jumps at the screen after you set him on fire and screams like he's in Five Nights at Freddy's or some poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Shumagorath posted:

Video contains spoilers

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ghostwritingduck posted:

Batman straight up kills people in this game unless electrocuting people protects them as you run them over.

The electricution thing has always been a part of the batmoble. its an anti-hijack device.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The electricution thing has always been a part of the batmoble. its an anti-hijack device.

Yeah. I don't want the random thug I'm smashing into with my afterburners full throttle hijacking my car.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Ever dip your toes in GBS?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

net cafe scandal posted:

The only part about ace chemicals that annoyed me was that foot high elevator...like was that really necessary.

Foot high elevators are infinitely more cost effective and efficient than tiny ramps. Do you even know how much engineering goes into a single 3" high ramp, let alone a foot high? Jesus.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The voice actors had so much fun doing the WRBLBLBLBLBLRR noise when they get shocked. It cracks me up like a loving lunatic.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

It is pygy good. Pyg make game better. Pyg make game ppppppeeerrrfffeeeccccttttt.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Finished the game! Better than Origins, not as good as City / Asylum by a wide margin. Too much Batmobile, not enough Batman.

There's something weird about this game compared to the Asylum and City but it's really hard to put my finger on why. Maybe that they forced so much back-story into it? Asylum could have been set anywhere and City were pretty light on backstory but at times this felt like it was jamming 25 years of Batman history down my throat. (Arkham Knight identity spoiler that everyone already figured out) Jason Todd wasn't brought up in any of the other games but now he's the main antagonist for pretty much the entire game. After all the foreshadowing surrounding him, I spent half the game wondering if the audience was supposed to have figured it out hours before Bruce did. :v:

The redesigns and voice actor changes don't help, either. In some cases even the returning VAs are using entirely different intonations, which just makes the game feel off in comparison to Asylum / City.

gently caress the new weapons wheel, though. Muscle memory keeps throwing me into menus when I wanted to select gadgets. :negative:

Am I correct in assuming that there's no freeroaming / challenge maps for anyone but Batman? When I was playing as them in the team-up sections I was pretty sure that all the reused animations meant that they wouldn't be.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I want a version of this game where Frank Quitely had complete control over the art direction.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have a question about side quests. I've just gotten to Ace Chemicals in the early game and have only received the opera and fireman sidequests (and have seemed to only find one or two parts of those). Where are they all? Do they start opening up later in the game? I'm afraid I'm missing them all or something, or maybe I'm supposed to be playing the story in this game and quit acting like its the witcher.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Blind Rasputin posted:

I have a question about side quests. I've just gotten to Ace Chemicals in the early game and have only received the opera and fireman sidequests (and have seemed to only find one or two parts of those). Where are they all? Do they start opening up later in the game? I'm afraid I'm missing them all or something, or maybe I'm supposed to be playing the story in this game and quit acting like its the witcher.

You begin to unlock side missions quite quickly as you get further in the game, which also gives you "intel" that flags up specific areas to look in you haven't progressed a side quest for a while. It's done fairly neatly.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
What weapons wheel? I've been playing for 20 hours and have not seen it yet. Part of a tiddler puzzle I'm guessing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Oracle. Major spoilers:

I don't know why but her "suicide" has left me pretty loving unsettled since I saw it yesterday. I've progress to the point of the game where I've just taken out the long range missile launcher on Founder's Island (clearing up side activities beforehand), but I keep thinking about the scene and just stop being happy, ugh. :smith:

That and the sequence where you see her get shot in the spine and whimper on the floor, paralyzed, hit me. I feel kind of annoyed with myself at getting this bent out of shape over a computer game but jesus christ I feel awful for her all around.

Jesus Christ. Take a break from the videogame and go outside.

• Locked thread