Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
please for the love of Talos, get a video of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

iirc that means Alduin has won and is pulling in new dragons from every point in time including their own past.

ALMSIVI protect us

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

please for the love of Talos, get a video of this

Logistically impossible. It is too processor intensive, crashes my recording software when the game soft locks.

Just imagine Drakengard Ending C and you'll have the right idea.

t+0:00:01

e. Fun fact, the prtscr button becomes unresponsive at t+0:00:03.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 25, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

BattleCattle posted:

I have deadly dragons installed. I autosaved while riding an elder dragon with the dragonborn DLC's bend will shout. I loaded the save and was being attacked by no less than twelve enemy dragons. While amazing and awesome beyond words, my computer unfortunately cannot handle it. Soft locks after about 20 seconds. Not sure what to do: on one hand, I could load a slightly earlier save. On the other, I kinda wanna fight a dozen dragons at the same time without my computer dying.

Update: It seems that I can't open the tween menu while my dragon is flying, and after a few tests, I found out that the soft-locking happens when I open the favorites menu, and try to close it. Maybe the script doesn't think I should be on the dragon?

Update: Tried an earlier save. The dragons are still spawning. It is now clear to me that they are spawning infinitely, and the game CTDs when the game reaches a dragon critical mass. In other news, Ivarstead is totally hosed.

help

Update: Uninstalled deadly dragons. Still farting dragons at a rate of one per frame. Tried hiding in a cave, didn't stop them. Even starting a new game does nothing: The flood of dragons will not abate. How mysterious.

This reads like a note you'd find on a skeleton at the dead-end of some cave

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
CHIM!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If they were skeleton dragons this would make for a good decent readable creepypasta

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So I have to say, although this pack put 30 gigs of textures in my MO folder and my FPS can dip as low as 25 in places, some parts of this game now look way better.

Which is bad, because now I'm thinking about a 980ti over my 970.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

BattleCattle posted:

I have deadly dragons installed. I autosaved while riding an elder dragon with the dragonborn DLC's bend will shout. I loaded the save and was being attacked by no less than twelve enemy dragons. While amazing and awesome beyond words, my computer unfortunately cannot handle it. Soft locks after about 20 seconds. Not sure what to do: on one hand, I could load a slightly earlier save. On the other, I kinda wanna fight a dozen dragons at the same time without my computer dying.

Update: It seems that I can't open the tween menu while my dragon is flying, and after a few tests, I found out that the soft-locking happens when I open the favorites menu, and try to close it. Maybe the script doesn't think I should be on the dragon?

Update: Tried an earlier save. The dragons are still spawning. It is now clear to me that they are spawning infinitely, and the game CTDs when the game reaches a dragon critical mass. In other news, Ivarstead is totally hosed.

help

Update: Uninstalled deadly dragons. Still farting dragons at a rate of one per frame. Tried hiding in a cave, didn't stop them. Even starting a new game does nothing: The flood of dragons will not abate. How mysterious.

Post your load order so I can do the same thing :getin:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Amazing.

How do you install Boris' particle patch with Mod Organizer? It says it can't because there's no game files on the top level. I was able to get it to work by moving the "flame atronach" esp to the top level... But that's kind of a juryrigged solution by someone who doesn't know what they're doing so I thought I'd check to make sure it's not screwing anything up... Especially since I don't even know how to tell it's working.

It looks easy enough to install manually, you just copy a bunch of textures and meshes over, but I figured doing it through MO would make it easier to remove if anything went wrong.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Mazz posted:

So I have to say, although this pack put 30 gigs of textures in my MO folder and my FPS can dip as low as 25 in places, some parts of this game now look way better.

Which is bad, because now I'm thinking about a 980ti over my 970.

...how many pixels do you need, really? I make due with about 10% of that amount.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

Amazing.

How do you install Boris' particle patch with Mod Organizer? It says it can't because there's no game files on the top level. I was able to get it to work by moving the "flame atronach" esp to the top level... But that's kind of a juryrigged solution by someone who doesn't know what they're doing so I thought I'd check to make sure it's not screwing anything up... Especially since I don't even know how to tell it's working.

It looks easy enough to install manually, you just copy a bunch of textures and meshes over, but I figured doing it through MO would make it easier to remove if anything went wrong.

MO just always assumes data. In the mo box that says no gamedata on top level you expand the folder and drag the textures, meshes, or whatever folders would typically install under the data folder to the top(data) folder of mo. Then it should say "looks good."

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

scamtank posted:

...how many pixels do you need, really? I make due with about 10% of that amount.

I agree it's way too many in reality, but it's just the entirety of Skyrim Revisited. I'm not tight on HD space or anything and I wanted to see how it compares since the guy actually put it together well with compatibility patches and such.

I have to say though, it looks good as hell. Like everything together gives the game noticeably more feeling.

And to be honest, I'm looking for a reason to get a 980ti :suicide:

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 25, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
W

Mazz posted:

I agree it's way too many in reality, but it's just the entirety of Skyrim Revisited. I'm not tight on HD space or anything and I wanted to see how it compares since the guy actually put it together well with compatibility patches and such.

I have to say though, it looks good as hell. Like everything together gives the game noticeably more feeling.

And to be honest, I'm looking for a reason to get a 980ti :suicide:

Wait for Pascal and HBM2.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

GunnerJ posted:

Post your load order so I can do the same thing :getin:

I think I figured out why this is happening.

First, keep in mind that my computer's processor may very well be a potato. I cannot use widescreen resolutions at all, and the only way I can get a decent framerate in vanilla is to run at 800x600 and turn off grass entirely. It is terrible.

Combine that with my multitude of script-heavy mods like CoT, Frostfall, iNeed, Deadly Dragons, and some spells from Apocalypse, and the game script can seem overburdened at times. Sometimes, things will simply stop functioning without warning or noticeable symptoms, and will sort of "catch up" upon loading a save: Placing camping supplies, activating switches, summoning weapons (particularly ethereal arrows and a modified ward spell that gives you a bound shield), trapping souls, etc all happen at the same time upon loading a save.

What I think happened is, the game script became overburdened with all the things SKSE was doing. Upon loading, SKSE told the game "He needs a dragon", since it had been a really long time since the last assault: I'd configured it to happen every three days with 12 hour variable. It'd been six days, iirc.

Anyway, from frame to frame, the game consulted SKSE, which told the game "He needs a dragon". Naturally, the base game would happily spawn a new dragon every time it checked the "dragons?" variable, and skse replied with "yes". The problem in this situation would arise when SKSE didn't remember why a dragon was meant to be there, and didn't have a reason to change its mind on the matter. Result? Dragons.

To replicate this, I'd imagine you'd have to start with a lower end computer, burden it with script, and get insanely goddamn lucky with regards to the game forgetting to change exactly the right variable.

To fix it, simply start the game without SKSE, save, quit, and load the save with SKSE. I have finished farting dragons. Ivarstead is still lousy with dragons, but that's now a different, and slightly more manageable problem.

Danaru posted:

If they were skeleton dragons this would make for a good decent readable creepypasta

Because the RNG of the deadly dragons mod was called every time a new dragon spawned, the concentration of dragon types in the mob was effectively random. I don't remember if there were any spooky dragons, but there were certainly nether dragons, elder dragons, blood dragons, serpentine dragons, the works.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 25, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've had some similar issues but in a very very mild way (semi-low-end computer running way too many script-heavy mods here, too) where I'll load a save, almost immediately crash, then repeat that several times until finally 2 or 3 dragons will appear. Once they're gone/dead everything stabilizes until the next time I get a dragon attack backed up. Same thing sometimes happens with vampires but less often, but it has resulted in a pretty big swarm of vampires where 2 or 3 attack parties spawned on top of each other a few times, and once where the vampires never showed up at all and my game was super unstable until I left the area completely. I ended up removing Deadly Dragons because it got to the point where a dragon appearing would almost invariably result in a CTD and I could barely get through any fights with them without crashing multiple times. Pulling it out probably didn't help the stability of this house of cards my current game has become but I can deal with what I have now easier than what it was doing with it running. I've also had the same issues sometimes with things getting backed up like you mention, mostly with Hunterborn where I'll reload a save and suddenly skin 3 wolves that aren't there anymore but nowhere near to that extent and one reload usually fixes it.

I cleaned a bunch of dust out of my computer and haven't had quite as many of those issues lately though :downs:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

What I think happened is, the game script became overburdened with all the things SKSE was doing.
No. SKSE did not cause this. Your problem was a script from Deadly Dragons - or whatever other mod you have that affects spawning of dragons - going all wonky (if not due to incompetent scripting from a modder, then possibly because you overburdened your game with too many script-heavy mods).
If running the game without SKSE solved the problem, it's because said script relied on SKSE's functionality and couldn't run properly.

Sorry to jump at you like this. But there was a lot of "OMG SKSE is scary and will blow up my computer"-nonsense back in the early days of Skyrim modding.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BattleCattle posted:

help

Saint Sputnik posted:

This reads like a note you'd find on a skeleton at the dead-end of some cave

:stare:

This absolutely needs to be a mod in which a book is introduced into the game that has this exact post scribbled into it. When you read said book, the dragon farting begins. :getin:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Raygereio posted:

No. SKSE did not cause this. Your problem was a script from Deadly Dragons - or whatever other mod you have that affects spawning of dragons - going all wonky (if not due to incompetent scripting from a modder, then possibly because you overburdened your game with too many script-heavy mods).
If running the game without SKSE solved the problem, it's because said script relied on SKSE's functionality and couldn't run properly.

Sorry to jump at you like this. But there was a lot of "OMG SKSE is scary and will blow up my computer"-nonsense back in the early days of Skyrim modding.

Yep, didn't word that correctly. Sorry, bub.

Siets posted:

:stare:

This absolutely needs to be a mod in which a book is introduced into the game that has this exact post scribbled into it. When you read said book, the dragon farting begins. :getin:

It should be at the end of a cave, with like 20 static dragon skeletons clipping through the walls, like the mine level in Demon's Souls.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 26, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

Mazz posted:

Skyrim Revisited

You mentioned this name and it got me to Google it and now I've got an extra 40 mods in my order. gently caress you, you're personally responsible.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

scamtank posted:

You mentioned this name and it got me to Google it and now I've got an extra 40 mods in my order. gently caress you, you're personally responsible.

You'll love to know that while I was loving around with settings BitDefender flagged all my MO .ini files due to "code injection" (I guess a MO related cli.exe opened? I don't know how) and basically deleted them, by the time I figured out what the gently caress just happened the load order was trashed. This by itself wasn't a big deal (can recover the order from saves/WB), but all the textures were in the wrong folder order now and there was basically no way to fix them properly other then redoing every single install because modders name their folders DROPS and such instead of the loving mod names.

I'm not really even mad though because I feel like I can improve upon a lot of stuff in that pack, like for instance how he left out the real good weather style mods that work with Vividian just fine. I can probably also get by with less then 30 gigs of textures.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 26, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

I didn't even mean that there's stuff that doesn't need replacing, it's that 4096x4096 is just plain overkill for almost anything you can think of. You can get by with a quarter of that, maybe 2K if you're really sticking your eyeballs into super detailed things.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Really Simple Blackjack is pretty solid and fun!
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67050/

It's a nice touch that it uses the names of NPCs actually in the tavern as the other players at the table. I might like to design some new cards for the guy though, not really digging the Magic: The Gathering style Skyrim critters

Also just added Loot and Degradation to my load order and it seems OK so far. Any known issues I'm gonna have? I had to set the breakage chance down after I lost two armor pieces in the same fight with some goblins, and hadn't turned on notifications so I was confused why some scrap metal appeared in my inventory till I zoomed out to third person and noticed my hat was gone.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

scamtank posted:

I didn't even mean that there's stuff that doesn't need replacing, it's that 4096x4096 is just plain overkill for almost anything you can think of. You can get by with a quarter of that, maybe 2K if you're really sticking your eyeballs into super detailed things.

Man, I got a new video card and can't even load aMidianBorn textures at 2k without unacceptable framerate loss in this 4 year old game, what the heck are people running.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

GunnerJ posted:

Man, I got a new video card and can't even load aMidianBorn textures at 2k without unacceptable framerate loss in this 4 year old game, what the heck are people running.

what kind of crap card do you have and what do you consider unacceptable?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Got bored and tried creating a Satyr.

Sad part? I had to go to Lover's Lab to get the hooves and then try to remove all the naughty bits. :negative: This means whenever I take off armor I see goat cock and it makes me sad. I wish I knew how to model poo poo so I could remove it but for now I just downloaded an underwear mod and that seems to work. Fucks up the texture a bit but that's fine because let's be honest you'll hardly ever see your character without armor really.

Eyes were pretty easy. Apparently goat eyes work just fine when replacing player eye textures so that was neat. I also downloaded a "be a bard" mod and go around playing the flute so I can sleep at inns for free while I play and people tip me, it's fun.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Gyshall posted:

what kind of crap card do you have and what do you consider unacceptable?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161466

I don't have any hard numbers about unacceptability, though. Like, I actually kept notes (lol Skyrim modding) on FPS with different mods but then I went and reformatted and lost them all. I think regularly stuttering and dipping below 40 FPS outside Whiterun was something I wanted to avoid, maybe that is too optimistic.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Red Mundus posted:

I see goat cock and it makes me sad

Man, mod threads have the best permutations of words

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Skyrim Modding/Troubleshooting: I see goat cock and it makes me sad.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I gotta see that goat cock.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Does the goat cock mod work with SPERG?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Is there a CBBE version of the goat cock?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I thought I did everything right with regards to liming my perk points with Skyrim Community Uncapper. Yet, Upon resetting my perks in SPERG I still have 6 points at level 7. Did I do this wrong?
code:
[PerksAtLevelUp]
;Set the number of perks gained at each level up. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.
;Default game value is one perk per level (you can also use float as value, for example 1.25 per points per level)
; Level (2..10000) = Perks (0..255)
;
;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 1 perk per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 2 perks per level at and from level 10 to 29,
; then 4 perks per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no perk at all per level for level 95 and above
;
;2=1
;10=2
;30=4
;95=0
2=0.5
999=1

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
If you're installing with MO SPERG sometimes has issues with installing the Dawnguard/Dragonborn support and the Uncapper INI, I'd check to make sure you don't have a SPERG folder in your SPERG mod folder (if that makes sense.)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mr.Grit posted:

MO just always assumes data. In the mo box that says no gamedata on top level you expand the folder and drag the textures, meshes, or whatever folders would typically install under the data folder to the top(data) folder of mo. Then it should say "looks good."

That did it, thanks!

Now I could use some help with DynDOLOD... I followed this guide pretty precisely, but when I generate the trees at Step 1, it only generates meshes, not textures, and when I go to test it in-game I get a message saying DynDOLOD was unable to access the data. Any reason this particular problem might be happening?

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 26, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
You're probably missing the tree LOD billboards for whatever mod you're using. You need to download them on the DynDOLOD page

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Gyshall posted:

If you're installing with MO SPERG sometimes has issues with installing the Dawnguard/Dragonborn support and the Uncapper INI, I'd check to make sure you don't have a SPERG folder in your SPERG mod folder (if that makes sense.)

Um, no. It doesn't, I'm afraid. The SPERG folder only contains the Interface, Override, readme, SKSE, and source folders. I made sure the SPERG-DG and SPERG-DB folders were in the plugins list, but that didn't fix the problem.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Man, I'm pleased with these new mods. So pleased that I'm going to post about them.

Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux
turns draugr and dwemer dosh from gold Septims into Haralds (neat silver doubloons, $3 apiece) and Dumacs (ebony slugs with that centurion face on it, $5). They're so pure that 75-coin piles can be melted down into their basic metals, in comparison to the 600 septim leadgold bars in CCOR. Stormcloaks also strike their own Ulfrics (pretty much silver drachmas, $2). Bought and sold kinda like the foreign currencies in New Vegas.

VioLens
unfucks the kill cams. Unlike Dance of Death, the occasional camera hiccups are rare. It works great, the tweak menu is just a bonus.

EASIER LOCKPICKING - Without Cheating - Nordic Retexture
is really stupidly labeled like some cheat, but it's a nice retexture of the lovely smudgy lock with neat nordic flourishes. The good bit is that unlike Lockpicking Interface Redone, it doesn't make you wait 4 seconds for the lock model to load every time you activate a chest or gently caress up the texture on the Hearthfire house locks. The name comes from how it adds distinct scratches and dings along the edge so you can eyeball where exactly on the 180° the lockpick is sitting without actually putting in an actual dial.

Real Shelter
is one of those mods that you'd imagine would collapse farting under the weight of its own Papyrus, but it somehow doesn't. It's much more rewarding to find cover in Frostfall when the blinding rain or blown snow actually stays outside the ruined tower.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

scamtank posted:

Man, I'm pleased with these new mods. So pleased that I'm going to post about them.

Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux
turns draugr and dwemer dosh from gold Septims into Haralds (neat silver doubloons, $3 apiece) and Dumacs (ebony slugs with that centurion face on it, $5). They're so pure that 75-coin piles can be melted down into their basic metals, in comparison to the 600 septim leadgold bars in CCOR. Stormcloaks also strike their own Ulfrics (pretty much silver drachmas, $2). Bought and sold kinda like the foreign currencies in New Vegas.

This sounds cool but I'd imagine it runs up against the limited money supply of vendors in a hurry.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

GunnerJ posted:

This sounds cool but I'd imagine it runs up against the limited money supply of vendors in a hurry.

Mod needs a banker vendor who only buys or sells those coins with huge reserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

I don't have the leveled lists handy right now, but it seems that they spawn far less often in pockets and urns than the standard money does. After a tour of the Reach that included some straggler draugr and maybe one Nordic ruin among the Forsworn camps, I only had something like 15 haralds to pawn off at Arnleif & Sons.

• Locked thread