Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Shadeoses posted:

That satan has a big butt.

Bush league.

e: GOD loving DAMNIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

the_steve posted:

So, out of morbid curiosity, has Rall posted his attempt to make Charleston about him yet?

"The ONLY TRUE WAY to destroy racism forever in America is to enact the full communist revolution, under the glorious leadership of myself, Ted Rall. Check and mate, you're welcome, America. :smug:"

I mean it's almost true but Rall is so drat smug and unlikeable you feel dirty just being in the same political movement as him, that's why he's on FOX all the time.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ACA means you have to buy health insurance or you pay a fine for not having it; healthcare exchanges at the state and federal level provide subsidies to offset the cost, and even then there are hardship exemptions for people for which the cost of health insurance would be more than 8% of their income. You can either get these through a state exchange or a federal one for the states that refused to set up an exchange. A conservative think-tank engineered a lawsuit to take down the ACA based on that and shopped it around for some plantiffs to attach to it. They're saying that the IRS is illegally allowing people access to subsidies through federal exchanges and according to the law those should only be on the state exchanges which means 1. anyone living in a state without a health exchange should be automatically exempt from the ACA fine and, 2. federal exchanges should no longer offer subsidies. The lawmakers who drafted the bill insist that that was never the intent of it, and the plaintiffs show no actual burden from the ACA. One is about to qualify for medicare, two are already exempt under the hardship qualification, and all of them would see some benefit from a subsidized plan through the exchange. The court threw out the lawsuit for the bullshit it was which in McCoy's world, and I guess Muirs, means someone had some dirt on the justices. Sheep-loving dirt.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
e: and the hits keep coming!

John Roberts is cross-dressing dog that fucks sheep: An analysis of a recent SCOTUS ruling.

.Edward Penischin fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 26, 2015

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Bush league.

e: GOD loving DAMNIT

Thank You Stupid, Sexy Satan.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
All these cartoonists are blowing their loads, as there is still the gay marriage ruling for them to get mad at "activist judges".

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:rolleyes: forever

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Judicial activism: Ruling that a :jerkbag: interpretation of an out-of-context ambiguity shouldn't collapse our marginally less lovely insurance industry.

I hope the thread keeps in mind that, despite this moment of sanity, Roberts did help to butcher the Voting Rights Act. :tizzy:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Plague of Hats posted:

Judicial activism: Ruling that a :jerkbag: interpretation of an out-of-context ambiguity shouldn't collapse our marginally less lovely insurance industry.

I hope the thread keeps in mind that, despite this moment of sanity, Roberts did help to butcher the Voting Rights Act. :tizzy:

And Citizen's United.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Just found this and thought of this thread-- the real Wormbama:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama_(genus)

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

gently caress it, I don't care, this is the toon I've laughed at hardest in weeks.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Shadeoses posted:

That satan has a big butt.

A Cow and Chicken cartoon.

Edit: Zut de zut!

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 26, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

As a New Zealander, I can say with the utmost conviction that this Justice Roberts has nothing to do with us.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

pwn posted:

Thread fave JJ has a new piece up at The Nib

Donald Trump Is A Goddamn Fraud
Yeah, let's wash that momentary competence away:

As usual, the rant is inversely related to the cartoon (at least in terms of sheer shitheadedness).

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 26, 2015

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I thought the Jewish faith didn't really have anything matching the demon's and hellfire associated with modern interpretations of Hell? What are you doing Kirschen?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I thought the Jewish faith didn't really have anything matching the demon's and hellfire associated with modern interpretations of Hell? What are you doing Kirschen?

He's a really lovely Jew, we also have teachings against holding hate in your heart, bigotry to your fellow man, cruelty to downtrodden people, and even if you believe yourself in some kind of equal war between Israel and Palestine the Jewish faith praises mercy and compassion to its foes.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

gently caress it, I don't care, this is the toon I've laughed at hardest in weeks.

I just noticed the coke setup on the bedside table.

He almost manages to drag in (probably by accident) issues of overreaching US surveillance. It reminds you that the mob supposedly had a photo of J. Edgar sucking a dick.

edit: Oh yes, the opinion is poo poo, of course.

edit edit: J. Edgar Hoover Vacuum Cleaner.

bitey fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 26, 2015

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's a really lovely Jew, we also have teachings against holding hate in your heart, bigotry to your fellow man, cruelty to downtrodden people, and even if you believe yourself in some kind of equal war between Israel and Palestine the Jewish faith praises mercy and compassion to its foes.

There's no religion in history that hasn't managed to sneak around the 'mercy and compassion' thing.

D. T. Suzuki's apologia for Japanese soldiers who follow Buddhism (written in 1938) : "For it is really not he but the sword itself that does the killing. He had no desire to do harm to anybody, but the enemy appears and makes himself a victim. It is as though the sword performs automatically its function of justice, which is the function of mercy..."

Basically, weapons kill people, weapons are tools, people use tools, and if the person uses the weapon then someone dies and you can't blame the person.

There's another bit where he says (paraphrasing) "In a war, the other guy is a soldier, soldiers kill people, and there is a law against killing, so if we kill him then we have enforced the law against killing people and in fact it is not the soldier killing him but the concept that we shouldn't kill people that kills him." I can't find that exact quote though.

He was writing about the Japanese occupation of China that included the rape of Nanking.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somfin posted:

Basically, weapons kill people, weapons are tools, people use tools, and if the person uses the weapon then someone dies and you can't blame the person.

Pffft, those silly Japanese. Everyone knows guns don't kill people. Rappers do.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

These are excellent cartoons.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

The Lost Cause tradition is being surplanted by an anti-racist one - AGC.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Most religions teach those things. Most people that follow those religions only do those things when they feel like it and make excuses the rest of the time.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

A really crass two-things-happened cartoon.

edit: one thing happened.

Why would an image of paper currency become a flag? Is that part of the point?

This guy's one of the better ones, right? Maybe this is a misfire.

bitey fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 26, 2015

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Touching the poop...

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

If only

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
How exactly does the SCOTUS function? Is it half staffed by Bush-era liches who are empowered by misery and/or Koch Dollars, with a single guy as the swing vote? Does it ever not make 5/4 decisions or whatever?

.Edward Penischin posted:

Touching the poop...

I hope that's not you touching the poop, because that dude is pretty dense. Also charge your drat phone.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kajeesus posted:

How exactly does the SCOTUS function? Is it half staffed by Bush-era liches who are empowered by misery and/or Koch Dollars, with a single guy as the swing vote? Does it ever not make 5/4 decisions or whatever?

Bush-era liches? Supreme court appointment is for life. Some of those are Reagan and H.W. Bush-era liches.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Kajeesus posted:

Kennedy is often a swing vote, but Roberts has been known to side with the left-wing justices too, as in the recent 6-3 decision upholding Obamacare subsidies. Thomas is an originalist, a quirky constitutional philosophy that means he typically sides with the conservative justices but for his own reasons. Scalia's angry dissents are the funniest part of the current Court; in his gay marriage dissent two years ago, he said (paraphrase) "this would set a precedent to legalize gay marriage across the country!" A number of lower circuit courts then cited him in decisions legalizing gay marriage. I'm going to be overjoyed to read his dissent soon, assuming the upcoming Obergefell ruling is a win for marriage equality.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Spiffster posted:

He wouldn't be the first one

that looks like the work of david feiss

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, let's wash that momentary competence away:

As usual, the rant is inversely related to the cartoon (at least in terms of sheer shitheadedness).

In fairness to JJ this is literally every single Canadian Cabinet though. There's a convention of ensuring diversity in Cabinet stretching back to when that meant Protestant/Catholic. It's one of the last major restraints on executive power.

Say what you will about JJ but this cartoon isn't wrong at all.
It's also true of Stephan Harper of course. How do you think Bec Oda got her job? It wasn't because of her competence.

Besides every single proposal JJ mentioned would be disastrous if implemented so I'm actually on his side for once. Say what you will about Harper, at least he's not trying to change the first past the post system.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 26, 2015

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

better version of the last pope

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Iron Rose posted:

In fairness to JJ this is literally every single Canadian Cabinet though. There's a convention of ensuring diversity in Cabinet stretching back to when that meant Protestant/Catholic. It's one of the last major restraints on executive power.

Say what you will about JJ but this cartoon isn't wrong at all.
It's also true of Stephan Harper of course. How do you think Bec Oda got her job? It wasn't because of her competence.

Besides every single proposal JJ mentioned would be disastrous if implemented so I'm actually on his side for once. Say what you will about Harper, at least he's not trying to change the first past the post system.
I'm just going to quote this, in case you decide to erase it when the drugs wear off.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

achillesforever6 posted:

Rogers also posted on twitter this cartoon he did 15 years ago about the Confederate Flag in SC

:stare:
Jaw literally dropped when I saw this

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Did this get posted? Because I don't remember and it's loving retarded.

edit: "rucking retarded", what am I, Rooby Rucking Roo

Hitler B. Natural fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jun 26, 2015

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Using the speedo as a bandana :allears:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hitler B. Natural posted:

"How dare you judge the Confederacy for the sins of its past, you should be judging it by its current actions" -- Branco, apparently? :confused:

Even if you ignore the part about how the country only existed in the past, what are these other actions the CSA took besides fighting a war over slavery that we're supposed to be judging it by instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Hitler B. Natural posted:

edit: "rucking retarded", what am I, Rooby Rucking Roo

Graffiti and puncture defaced flags do not belong in the public sphere and should be disposed of as per their status- a Flag Etiquette Cartoon

• Locked thread