Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

precision posted:

Her Story seems like it could be p awesome so i just went ahead and bought it, i already had 2.50 in my steam wallet anyway

can't play it at work though :mad:

I'm probably going to pick up Her Story pretty soon, I enjoy all of those short story and exploration driven games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

bloodychill posted:

Can we get a source on these h-game allegations? For research purposes?

http://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3avvj7/when_you_reach_s_rank_with_someone_their_lines/

quote:

THE ONE EVERYONE WAS WAITING FOR

CAMILLA'S LINES!

Hey!
No good?
My, already...
Such a cute kid...
You scamp.
Are you proud of my hair?
I thank you for your praise.
Such a good child.. I'll give you a reward afterwards.
My tiara's out of place.
Ara
Well
Aren't you the spoiled one?
What's the matter...?
Fufufu...
Well, if it's you...
Touch me as much as you like?
If it's you, do whatever you please.
Next time, your big sister will be doing the petting.
Ufufufu
Ahn...
Ara ara
Don't be so rough.
Yes.. You're skilled.
Are you interested in that?
Must you touch me so gently?
Can you really be satisfied by that?
Ufufu... Are you limp, I wonder?
Ufu
You...
Do that more...
Treat me well, right?
I love you... You, who are mine alone...
Good, come...
Do whatever you like...
You're very good at using your hands... Very skilled.
Y-.. yeah...
Ahhhn!
Ah, no more...
Doing this, is so embarrassing...
Please, be gentle with me.
No, if it's you...
Ah,... if you do that, then I...
I can't stand up anymore...
I'll only allow you to do this...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
alright who put a tape recorder in my bedroom

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so if you pay $60 for Destiny now you already get the GOTY edition? that was fast

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

precision posted:

so if you pay $60 for Destiny now you already get the GOTY edition? that was fast
Nah there'll be more expansions

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

alright who put a tape recorder in my bedroom

Fufufu *ugu*

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Worldshatter posted:

I'm probably going to pick up Her Story pretty soon, I enjoy all of those short story and exploration driven games.

It looks good but in that incredibly uncomfortable way an intense crime drama can be. I can barely stomach SVU.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I beat Devil May Cry 1. It was cool. Mundus was hard, I got D's on his and Nightmare's fights, I think overall the part of the game I had the most fun with was Nelo Angelo 3 but there was still plenty of cool stuff after him.

I'm 17 minutes into Devil May Cry 2 now. :mediocre: Might just scrap this and play Viewtiful Joe instead.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The time between Devil May Cry 1 and Devil May Cry 4 was the same amount of time as it was between Devil May Cry 4 and the re-release of Devil May Cry 4 that came out this week. You're all getting older :toot:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

I beat Devil May Cry 1. It was cool. Mundus was hard, I got D's on his and Nightmare's fights, I think overall the part of the game I had the most fun with was Nelo Angelo 3 but there was still plenty of cool stuff after him.

I'm 17 minutes into Devil May Cry 2 now. :mediocre: Might just scrap this and play Viewtiful Joe instead.

viewtiful joe is great, I'm playing it right now. it's much harder than dmc though in my opinion

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

viewtiful joe is great, I'm playing it right now. it's much harder than dmc though in my opinion

I've still never been able to beat the last stage on the hardest difficulty to unlock Captain Blue.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

yeah viewtiful joe is a real ballbreaker

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Wait until you meet Fire Leo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Accordion Man posted:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah viewtiful joe is a real ballbreaker

WARNING WARNING, A BOMB HAS BEEN ARMED

HULK DAAAAVIDSON IS IN THE HOUSE

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

DAVIDSON IS BOOOOOOOOOOOORN TO BE WIIIIIIIILD heheheh

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
God drat it! loving TWOM! loving gently caress!

Anton came to me sick, ate all my meds and never got better, and stayed in bed dying for literally two weeks. Roman gets wounded on a scavenging run, is pissed off in general, and leaves. Anton finally dies, which breaks Katia, who spends all day sitting in front of her bed refusing to move and then kills herself that night. So now I'm down to only one survivor, Bruno. It's day 38, I got the message that the peacekeepers were coming in two weeks on day 28, I have enough food to make it because Bruno's a good cook and I've got traps anyway, I can loving do this.

So of course violent gang activity starts up, my shelter is all boarded up and I reinforce the door with an alarm system, but still I have only one person so my choice is to never sleep or stay wide open for raids. And it doesn't matter because the gangs outnumber poor Bruno anyway, even with a handgun, and he gets wounded every night, getting progressively worse and worse (and of course I have no more bandages and can't make more), until on Day 41 he's Terminally Ill, Lethally Wounded, Depressed, and Hungry, but for fucksakes man, just make it one more day, Anton lingered for two weeks, you can make it one day.

Nope. Bruno dies that night. Literally the night before the peacekeeping force would have come and ended the war. FUUUUUUUCK

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I need to play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain immediately.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

In Training posted:

MGSV is going to be the best game of the decade

It is going to be the best game of all time, better than Doom II, chess, association football, or contract bridge.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Got GTA5 for PC and it's crashed twice in as many hours, is this normal, is my setup not wanting to cooperate, or is there some graphics setting that raises the likelihood of it? It didn't really happen in any particular location.

Other than that, game's good. I'll be disappointed when it shifts away from basically being all Franklin because it's basically San Andreas 2 right now, but I'll live.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I did the immobilize glitch in Final Fantasy 12 and got my Zodiac Spear.

Now it's time to finally beat the game.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
:laffo:

Apple is removing all civil war games
http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-removes-confederate-flag/

Darkest of Days next?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

Got GTA5 for PC and it's crashed twice in as many hours, is this normal, is my setup not wanting to cooperate, or is there some graphics setting that raises the likelihood of it? It didn't really happen in any particular location.

Other than that, game's good. I'll be disappointed when it shifts away from basically being all Franklin because it's basically San Andreas 2 right now, but I'll live.

Trevor makes up for it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't believe I waited so long to play Ground Zeroes. I've played like 15 hours of it already and keep having more and more fun in this tiny area with like five guns and twenty enemies. Phantom Pain is going to loving own.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Accordion Man posted:

I actually beat it in like 9th grade. I'm much worse now.

It's funny, I was playing with a friend who only really got into consoles with the PS3 and I had to explain VJ to him as "The Dark Souls of platforming sidescrollers"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

theultimo posted:

:laffo:

Apple is removing all civil war games
http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-removes-confederate-flag/

Darkest of Days next?

man without ultimate general how am i gonna fulfill my fantasy of massacring southerners wholesale

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Trevor makes up for it.

I'd like to meet him, but am worried that the frequent crashes are something on my end, since I've heard it was a stable port.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

I'd like to meet him, but am worried that the frequent crashes are something on my end, since I've heard it was a stable port.

What is your PC setup like right now? I had some weird stuff until I switched drivers and then finally switched to a new card because AMD's software testers seem like monkeys with bees in their helmets these days.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

What is your PC setup like right now? I had some weird stuff until I switched drivers and then finally switched to a new card because AMD's software testers seem like monkeys with bees in their helmets these days.

I got a 970 about two weeks ago that's been working wonderfully (aside from one if the six-pins coming loose because I apparently didn't click it in completely, but that happened early and hasn't affected any other game stuff since), other than that I'm still running an i5-2500k which I guess might be the issue since it's a moderately GPU heavy game. No cooling issues that I know of, CPU never goes above 55C at max load, so maybe I'll try reinstalling drivers. One crash was just a full white screen while the audio kept playing fine, and the other was a normal ctd.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I've got a 2500k with a 970 and the game worked fine for me. I played with two friends with varying system specs and they crashed fairly regularly for no reason we could find.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

As long as it's out of my control I'm fine, then. My whole build except for the card is coming up on five years old soon and I don't want to budget computer parts before I move into a new apartment, so I'm probably just getting paranoid about everything failing at once. Thanks for the advice!

Also, holy moly is Rockstar protective of their accounts. My girlfriend is the one who bought the game and we're playing it on my desktop since her gaming 'ptop wouldn't do it justice and you can't request the CD key with family share, you have to link a social club account to the Steam account, AND you have to submit a care ticket to unlink a social club account from a Steam one. At least with the dumb Ubisoft account it's more of an extra launcher than an authenticator.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i think with a game like GTA there is a lot of extra meddling from the music industry since they had to license like a billion songs and every one of them costs thousands of dollars.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Excels posted:

i think with a game like GTA there is a lot of extra meddling from the music industry since they had to license like a billion songs and every one of them costs thousands of dollars.

That makes some sense, and is also less hard to swallow because the soundtrack is fantastic.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The Arkham Knight PC port is great because it makes me feel really smug about all the people who literally swore off buying Rockstar games because the PC port of GTAV got delayed.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1rKZEss0SU
Apparently this is going to be coming out as an actual, purchasable game sometime 'in the next few weeks'.

http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/conshadow/
And based off of what I played of the beta version... I'm actually kind of excited for this. I mean, sure, it feels like someone threw buzzwords in a blender for it (ROGUELIKE HORROR GAME WITH WEIRD ARTSTYLE MADE BY POPULAR INTERNET PERSONALITY) but I actually am probably going to shell out money for this once it's out.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EDIT: Nevermind, the Angry Rant for Arkham Knight is already up.

Is the general quality of games these days going to unfinished poo poo?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can think of very few games that released as broken as Arkham Knight (one of which was by the same studio) so I'm gonna have to say no.

• Locked thread