Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grouchio posted:

EDIT: Nevermind, the Angry Rant for Arkham Knight is already up.

Is the general quality of games these days going to unfinished poo poo?

Maybe if you only play PC games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe if you only play PC games.

Nah, it's been pervasive throughout these last two console generations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Healbot posted:

Nah, it's been pervasive throughout these last two console generations.

Don't buy EA, Ubisoft or Bethesda games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is a very stark difference between "this game literally does not work for the most people trying to play it" and "this game has glitches that can be patched". The vast majority of "games these days" are nothing like the former. Assassin's Creed's face bug thing is an example of the latter.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 26, 2015

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

given steams new refund policy, they stand to lose a lot of money and not make it back.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really like games and all games are good and hope that publishers are spurned by this 30% keeping to actually do the needful and release better working games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think valve shouldnt be so scummy and expect to keep their cut after a refund

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I like how only AAA devs seem to have no idea how to properly release a game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ekster posted:

early access has shown us that nobody knows how to release a game

Adonis
Oct 15, 2004
Greek gods almighty!

corn in the bible posted:

early access has shown us that nobody knows how to release a game

The trick is to never release it. Looking at you DayZ

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Ekster posted:

Ironically, its the Japanese AAA games that aren't poo poo at release

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Broseph Brostar posted:

As long as they don't also release a PC port.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

Square Enix's last generation says otherwise.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/211420/

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Adonis posted:

The trick is to never release it. Looking at you DayZ

I've lost all faith in ever seeing a full release of DayZ, and even it does come out it'll probably go from an unfinished mess to a slightly closer to being finished mess.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do people buy collectors editions? do they buy more than one before realizing how dumb they are?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
:barf:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Real hurthling! posted:

do people buy collectors editions? do they buy more than one before realizing how dumb they are?

yes and really if you like something its probably worth the price hope this helps

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hubris.height posted:

yes and really if you like something its probably worth the price hope this helps

yes it does help. i now know that you are dumb.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

yes it does help. i now know that you are dumb.

Collectors edition of Killer is Dead was the same price as the game itself. It was a good purchase because the art book is rad.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish the picture zoomed in more on the perks poster, because I want to know what perks are in the game and how they work, now that skills are probably removed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
mmm yes I like this video game and this bonus merch but buying bonus merch is for dumb clowns like hubris.height lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The pipboy thing is plastic and I bet someone on Etsy could make a cheaper one, but I hope the perk poster comes with the not-special, normal edition, because I like having all that stuff on a single piece of paper I can glance at while playing the game. I liked the tech tree posters from Civilization.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nasgate posted:

Collectors edition of Killer is Dead was the same price as the game itself. It was a good purchase because the art book is rad.

worthless plastic crap for free is the right price. you are not dumb

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bicyclops posted:

I wish the picture zoomed in more on the perks poster, because I want to know what perks are in the game and how they work, now that skills are probably removed.

source on that?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

source on that?

All of the screenshots of the Pipboy don't include a skills menu. It seems like they're moving it all to perks, which are gated by your SPECIAL, which, given that you only have 21 points to distribute at the beginning of the game, you'll probably have more of an opportunity to increase than in prior installments. All speculation, but at this point the skills being out thing does seem pretty definite.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

worthless plastic crap for free is the right price. you are not dumb

Lol are you one of those bleeding heart "hey man it's your money spend it on what you want but JUST KNOW THAT I DONT APPROVE" people that lives and dies on whether anybody cares what they think, cause you sound like that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lol @ everything ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like to buy anime special collections so I can hang posters of buxom 2d babes on my walls

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What a baby thing to call someone dumb about. "You're not spending your money the right way on things that don't matter, you idiot". Life is fragile man. Do what makes you happy. Don't try to stop other people from being happy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cjacobs i would like to come to your house and sit among your wall scrolls and master chief busts and discuss the concept of not calling attention to how dumb you are.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Deep thoughts in this thread about buying plastic toys

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Bicyclops posted:

All of the screenshots of the Pipboy don't include a skills menu. It seems like they're moving it all to perks, which are gated by your SPECIAL, which, given that you only have 21 points to distribute at the beginning of the game, you'll probably have more of an opportunity to increase than in prior installments. All speculation, but at this point the skills being out thing does seem pretty definite.
It would make sense since they also removed skills from Skyrim. Goddamned Bethesda.

CJacobs posted:

What a baby thing to call someone dumb about. "You're not spending your money the right way on things that don't matter, you idiot". Life is fragile man. Do what makes you happy. Don't try to stop other people from being happy.
being a bad consumer makes everything worse for everybody

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

program666 posted:

It would make sense since they also removed skills from Skyrim. Goddamned Bethesda.

no they didn't. skills are still in skyrim.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

precision posted:

lol @ everything ever

:agreed:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

no they didn't. skills are still in skyrim.

oh right, they removed attributes, removing skills from fallout is way way worse then

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

program666 posted:

oh right, they removed attributes

which, tbh, i was happy about. i liked the trimming down they did in skyrim. i wish crafting spells had been a little more robust, something between oblivion and what they decided on with skyrim, but eliminating a few schools of magic and getting rid of attributes, which were just meaningless ballast that broke the leveling system, was good.

i'm kind of nervous about skills being out in FO4, but nobody really knows how it works yet, so.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Skyrim leveling system is still all kinds of retarded, what with making knifes giving you as much experience as anything else, making no sense crafting anything else until you reach whatever crafting level you need. Granted, Oblivion is way way worse with that thing about you having to set the skills you plan use less as main skills to avoid leveling too fast, but everything about Skyrim leveling system is laughly bad. Why won't they pay a decent RPG designer like the GURPS guy or whatever just to avoid it being so loving retarded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The skyrim leveling system is based off of the cost of the created item, crafting knives is cheap and effective enough to be valid, but you get much more crafting xp from breastplates and greatswords and such. Or at least that's how it is now.

• Locked thread