Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
200 battles and got 5 points commander. But then I don't want to grind now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I'm confused, is it open beta now? Servers still say CBT NA but I have my beta tester rewards now and people are mad about boats.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Berious posted:

I'm confused, is it open beta now? Servers still say CBT NA but I have my beta tester rewards now and people are mad about boats.

This is like the "Head Start" weekend thing they did with alpha. looks like obt will officially start next week.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Crash74 posted:

This is like the "Head Start" weekend thing they did with alpha. looks like obt will officially start next week.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

The Locator posted:

Wow, I never thought I'd hit that with just under 500 games. I didn't even really log in for the last 3 weeks.

Got burned out on all that poopsocking Mr. +7? :smugbert:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lol and the OF babies are still reaching, now they want the rest of the code, eg 1000 doubloons and 7d premium time. fuckin millenials

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Uhm...I am sorry that you are missing the obvious point. Which is that Wargaming are loving assholes for doing that, no matter what.

Like, it's cool. I donated the money and all and I don't want it back. But what the gently caress do I do with 7 days or premium and 1k gold that are only there in the CBT?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

ArchangeI posted:

Dear God, the Tenryu is such a shitheap of a ship. No guns, no armor, and good luck getting into torpedo range when one salvo takes you down to 10% HP because you are made from front to stern of citadel.
Its honestly tempting to just free XP to the loving Aoba.

Tanks and Botes premium time seems synced now, but not gold.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

orange juche posted:

lol and the OF babies are still reaching, now they want the rest of the code, eg 1000 doubloons and 7d premium time. fuckin millenials

Look at them whine because they were sold something and they didn't get it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

xthetenth posted:

Look at them whine because they were sold something and they didn't get it.

For a loving dollar. They should be glad that WG walked back on the ship. Believe it or not, there is such thing as realizing that in fact WG doesn't have to give them dick, and should be glad they got anything.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

orange juche posted:

For a loving dollar. They should be glad that WG walked back on the ship. Believe it or not, there is such thing as realizing that in fact WG doesn't have to give them dick, and should be glad they got anything.

Wargaming literally does have to give them/us what we paid for. Like, that's how selling things works.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

If it looks too good to be true and whatnot.

Not that companies should engage in horseshit deceitful sales and marketing.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
How does this game compare to Tanks and Warplanes?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
For starters ships are in the water and planes are in the air. There are some amphibious tanks and planes though but not worth mentioning.

Imagine tanks at a slower pace. You cannot carry hard and expect to win the match like you would in tanks. I cannot compare versus the aborted baby that they call planes because I quit playing once the controls went to complete poo poo.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

jownzy posted:

Still didn't get my rat ship.

I'm really tempted to change my ingame name to Fog_Ratship_Murmansk.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

orange juche posted:

They should be glad anyone has paid to test their game, for which they make all the profits.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

El Disco posted:

I'm really tempted to change my ingame name to Fog_Ratship_Murmansk.

FOG troll names? I will create a new account just for the satisfaction of angering kancolle anime pubbies.

FOG_SeaplaneTender_Biscayne

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Dibs on FOG_Echochamber_Wehraboo

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Is the NA CBT server down? I'm ready for another day of poopsocking and it won't let me on right now.

This game is fun as gently caress, having to lead shots and make a strategy of what part of the map I'm going to, since it's played at a much slower pace than tanks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

FOG_Rommel_is_a_war_criminal

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

texasmed posted:

Is the NA CBT server down? I'm ready for another day of poopsocking and it won't let me on right now.

This game is fun as gently caress, having to lead shots and make a strategy of what part of the map I'm going to, since it's played at a much slower pace than tanks.

Downtime, two hour eta

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

demonR6 posted:

FOG_ExplodingDinghy_ObamaAkbar

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Game is back online

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

NTRabbit posted:

FOG_ExplodingDinghy_ObamaAkbar

FOG_Silkworm_Fishingboat

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

demonR6 posted:

FOG troll names? I will create a new account just for the satisfaction of angering kancolle anime pubbies.

Fog_LumberWarehouse_GrafZeppelin

Fog_FishTenement_Bismarck

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Fog_Gar-Barge_Mobro4000 is still up for grabs :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Two hour DT and I still don't have my Murmansk. Shaking with rage.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Any suggestions on commander skills for American cruisers?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Tekopo posted:

FOG_Rommel_is_a_war_criminal

Please someone change their username so I don't spend money on this game

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I started playing the game recently, and just got a survey from Wargaming where among other things it asks if i have played the introductory mission. Did i miss this mission somehow, or do i have to look at youtube videos to explain the game?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Mission accomplished.. I eagerly await open beta with my new troll account.

FOG_Torpedo_Dongcloud

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
I missed this, but if Wargaming is syncing gold and premium time, does this mean that there won't be a wipe between Open Beta and Release?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No more wipes.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Calling dibs on FOG_BUTT_TORPEDO

Kinda surprised on how fun this game can be. I haven't play WoT in ages (basically since War Thunder Ground Forces), but WoW somehow manages to get a bunch of things right.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

Being better than other pople. For 7 points you have to be under the top 10%.

Playing more games actually as far I remember. Got 9 points and I'm not *that* good. (Top 1%.)

orange juche posted:

Well, WG does in fact have to give them what they paid for unless they really wanna risk getting hammered over this. Last I checked, fraud is kinda illegal.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Magni posted:

Playing more games actually as far I remember. Got 9 points and I'm not *that* good. (Top 1%.)

Well, WG does in fact have to give them what they paid for unless they really wanna risk getting hammered over this. Last I checked, fraud is kinda illegal.

What's the maximum possible damages that could be obtained from such a case? not much imo. There's noone who'd take it to court.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
yeah, lets keep talking about this murmansk thing, that sure isn't getting old

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I started out before the latest wipe playing American cruisers. Now I've switched up and I think I'm going to pursue the Japanese destroyers. Spamming torps up various lanes on the map seems like a lot of fun so far. Also, in my last game a bunch of pubbies literally parked on a hold point (stopped moving completely). Firing spread after spread at them was hilarious.

Also, I'm not sure how to use smoke effectively, but I need to start remembering to use it. I keep forgetting to pop smoke, especially when I'm taking fire.

edit: Does smoke follow your ship or is it stationary once you activate it?

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 26, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

M.C. McMic posted:

I started out before the latest wipe playing American cruisers. Now I've switched up and I think I'm going to pursue the Japanese destroyers. Spamming torps up various lanes on the map seems like a lot of fun so far. Also, in my last game a bunch of pubbies literally parked on a hold point (stopped moving completely). Firing spread after spread at them was hilarious.

Also, I'm not sure how to use smoke effectively, but I need to start remembering to use it. I keep forgetting to pop smoke, especially when I'm taking fire.

We have two divisions going on now. You should jump on Teamspeak. We both have open spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
drat Wargaming, as if tripling the XP cost of everything wasn't enough, they halso nerfed the XP reward by a good half.
The grind to decent ships will be awful and I will probably burnout from this game before I reach T7.