Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Angela Christine posted:

Why did the leather daddy elf not want Doom to toot the horn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
People keep throwing money away on smilies? You bet!

:perfect:

:flipoff:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The flip off one is cool.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hell I liked Fury Road too and the :mediocre: smilie is cool, but come on this is dumb. I can't even imagine a use for it.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

Hell I liked Fury Road too and the :mediocre: smilie is cool, but come on this is dumb. I can't even imagine a use for it.

I've seen it used a bunch already by people who think something is perfect in every way.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Captain McStabbin posted:

The second smiley is in reference to this comic:

Because Doom is getting added to the game in a couple weeks, many goons are calling for the implementation of Doom's toot horn in some way.

How come Namor's throne room has a crappy drop ceiling like an elementary school or a doctor's office?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gobblecoque posted:

Seems incredibly self explanatory to me.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

Seems incredibly self explanatory to me.

I guess if something was cancelled or died and you thought it was gonna be cool then sure but that seems like a bit niche.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well sure but you're thinking about the emote as if it'll only get used within the context of the line as it is in the movie.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

CJacobs posted:

Well sure but you're thinking about the emote as if it'll only get used within the context of the line as it is in the movie.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Well sure but you're thinking about the emote as if it'll only get used within the context it was bought for.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Mad Max goons have become incredibly retarded, theres even a gang tag now.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The Mad Max goons have become incredibly retarded, theres even a gang tag now.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

As long as it doesn't exceed the number of Mass Effect smilies, I can't really say it's excessive.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If only there was a thread for explaining the references contained in circlejerk smilies so that people wouldn't have to be confused about them...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Sure, but how are :perfect: or :mediocre: in anyway niche or limited?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm kinda sad the best one hasn't been bought yet

I mean we have loving :robble: and :xcom: but no :lovely: and that's a real shame.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm kinda sad the best one hasn't been bought yet

I mean we have loving :robble: and :xcom: but no :lovely: and that's a real shame.

:xcom: is great shut your mouth

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

FutonForensic posted:

As long as it doesn't exceed the number of Mass Effect smilies, I can't really say it's excessive.

Lowtax needs to eat so like whatever, let them pay for his burritos.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Notorious QIG posted:

:xcom: is great shut your mouth

So I'm guessing it's at least almost sort of funny in context?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Pneub posted:

It's a "c'est la vie", but about a game.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pneub posted:

XCOM is the kind of game that likes to lull you into a false sense of security before pulling the rug out from under you and murdering you. The guy in the smilie is Jake Solomon, the director of the 2012 XCOM reboot. It's a good emote, in context.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Can somebody explain :henget: and :nsa: for me? They seem like they have stories behind them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This is a doodle found in a leaked NSA document describing how they intercept internet traffic.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

This is a doodle found in a leaked NSA document describing how they intercept internet traffic.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fyadophobic posted:

Can somebody explain :henget:

Hes getting the hen

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
From what I can tell it only exists to get people to ask about it so BYOB posters can pretend they won't tell you the answer. If there was actual background to it someone would have explained it by now.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I think it's pretty funny on its own and I also think the fact that someone spent money on making it real is also funny, but that's just me.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

An Angry Bug posted:

From what I can tell it only exists to get people to ask about it so BYOB posters can pretend they won't tell you the answer. If there was actual background to it someone would have explained it by now.

there's a hen and he gets it. please pay attention.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

haveblue posted:

reached its peak with :phoneb::phoneline::nsa::phoneline::phone:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

:bernget:

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

query: why is :phone: 'phone' and :phoneb: 'phoneb'. surely it should be the other way around

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

sick trigger posted:

query: why is :phone: 'phone' and :phoneb: 'phoneb'. surely it should be the other way around

Typical Westerner thinking.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sick trigger posted:

reached its peak with :phoneb::phoneline::nsa::fh::phoneline::phone:

FTFY

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Thumbs up to you too, li'l dude!

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Holy :laffo:

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Davinci posted:

I think it's pretty funny on its own and I also think the fact that someone spent money on making it real is also funny, but that's just me.

No one spent money on :henget:

Garbage Day created it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

BBJoey posted:

there's a hen and he gets it. please pay attention.

What impresses me is how much mileage it gets. You'd be surprised how often getting a hen is appropriate in threads.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

What's up with YOSPOS and boats? Is it about sovcit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LordSaturn posted:

What's up with YOSPOS and boats? Is it about sovcit?

YOSPOS has a thing about boats? :confused: