Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUw4Qh9uFK8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Congratulations Americans, hopefully your example will help drag Australia into the 21st century.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

jivjov posted:

loving lol at all the people posting poo poo like this. When are people going to get it through their heads that nobody is challenging anyone's religious beliefs? If your religion says you can't get married, that's fine, but that shouldn't prevent anyone else from getting married. L

Its a lot like the Confederate Flag.

Let's you know who to remove from Facebook friendslists.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Finally, something worth Rebelling for :getin:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Please, let's close this thread. It has been an amazingly fabulous ride, and having this thread locked with this name would be so loving symbolic and awesome.

Congrats to all. I'm trying to hold back tears here responding to tentative wedding invites.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

There's no way this isn't a coincidence.

Maybe it's time for a separate (but equal :haw:) thread on what's next for LGBT rights.

There's still plenty of dragons to fight.

Someone actually already did but it got archived: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646734

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This won't last

BREAKING: Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood: Gay marriages cannot take place immediately in state.

https://twitter.com/AP

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This won't last

BREAKING: Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood: Gay marriages cannot take place immediately in state.

Now they run the risk of being held liable for violating civil rights of couples seeking marriages, which means personal liability for damages!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Vahakyla posted:

Please, let's close this thread. It has been an amazingly fabulous ride, and having this thread locked with this name would be so loving symbolic and awesome.

Marriage is not yet equal from sea to shining sea!!!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

jivjov posted:

loving lol at all the people posting poo poo like this. When are people going to get it through their heads that nobody is challenging anyone's religious beliefs? If your religion says you can't get married, that's fine, but that shouldn't prevent anyone else from getting married. L

ummmmmmm did you miss the part where it says one nation, under god???

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

jivjov posted:

The disconnect comes right at the point where they have to understand that A)not everybody belongs to their religion, B)there is at least a non-zero chance that their religion does not have a monopoly on being correct, and C)it doesn't matter because America has no state religion and never will.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

I cannot see anything but "The blue line rules above the pink line"

North America is almost complete now!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

Congrats to all. I'm trying to hold back tears here responding to tentative wedding invites.

people are still celebrating, let's wait until monday before we archive it or anything

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
noones gonna change the name lol

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

mandatory lesbian posted:

noones gonna change the name lol

I was kinda expecting it to get switched to all caps or something

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Have we heard from Alabama's Supreme Court Douchebag yet?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

mandatory lesbian posted:

people are still celebrating, let's wait until monday before we archive it or anything

Also OP needs to change the map of the US to something appropriate.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Alliance Defending Freedom held a press conference on steps of the SC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GEnQqqUjWI

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
I like the name change! And here I was about to post "Petition to change thread title to Marriage Equality: It Got Better."

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I like the bullshit argument at the start "B-b-b-b-but they're cutting off a robust debate! :qq:"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

This won't last

There's really not a lot of information in that. This could mean "I don't want gays gettin married." It could also be "We have to adjust something in our forms and will get that going Monday." I mean, it is Mississippi, but that doesn't immediately mean he's a backwards inbred hick.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

pathetic little tramp posted:

There's really not a lot of information in that. This could mean "I don't want gays gettin married." It could also be "We have to adjust something in our forms and will get that going Monday." I mean, it is Mississippi, but that doesn't immediately mean he's a backwards inbred hick.

His full statement is that the 5th circuit has to lift their injunction before it goes into effect. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's Jim Hood - you can rest easy knowing it is most cetainly "I dont want gays getting married"

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The tears are so very delicious

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Can someone please give me a link to a live stream of a conservative show or (free) news cast that lets me hear people disapproving of this? I'm interested in hearing this all day.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

here's his full line of bullshit:

"The Supreme Court's decision is not immediately effective in Mississippi. It will become effective in Mississippi, and circuit clerks will be required to issues same-sex marriage licenses, when the 5th Circuit lifts the stay of Judge Reeves' order. This could come quickly or may take several days. The 5th Circuit might also choose not to lift the stay and instead issue an order, which could take considerably longer before it become effective."

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

-S- posted:

His full statement is that the 5th circuit has to lift their injunction before it goes into effect. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's Jim Hood - you can rest easy knowing it is most cetainly "I dont want gays getting married"

Well that injunction is now considered non-effective, but "this is a clusterfuck in my state right now" is a legitimate thing for a Judge to say in some of these states

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

-S- posted:

Oh well then that's bullshit. The Supreme Court overrides that injunction, hence the 'supreme' in Supreme Court. Even though this case didn't deal directly with the 5th circuit's injunction, it blows it out of the water I do believe.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

-S- posted:

"The Supreme Court's decision is not immediately effective in Mississippi. It will become effective in Mississippi, and circuit clerks will be required to issues same-sex marriage licenses, when the 5th Circuit lifts the stay of Judge Reeves' order. This could come quickly or may take several days. The 5th Circuit might also choose not to lift the stay and instead issue an order, which could take considerably longer before it become effective."

Gee, I wonder what option they're gonna go with :allears:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Next up, adoption laws :getin:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

-S- posted:

They're getting out bailing buckets on the Titanic.

gently caress yes, this is amazing. Now to go over to the Freep thread because I'm thirsty and the firehoses are probably working to capacity over there.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

-S- posted:

lol let them try to hide behind that poo poo, it wont do them any good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
yeeeeeeeeeees the namechange went through

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I'm the woman at 0:30.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hasters posted:

Next up, adoption laws :getin:

Adoption laws, civil protections, Trans rights

The latter probably being the next Big One

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
"It's a decision in the line of Dred Scott, Plessy v. Ferguson..."
/

(moments ago on KQED's Forum)

EDIT: I'll have to pull the full quote once today's episode is put online.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 26, 2015

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Haha CNN just had to drop to commercial because some due wouldn't stop yelling 'ABOUT loving TIME' in the background of their live shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Adoption laws, civil protections, Trans rights

The latter probably being the next Big One

Adoption laws are the easiest, I think, and might get fast tracked

Jill Biden @JillBidenVeep
Joe is running through the halls with a rainbow flagged tied on like a cape high fiving everyone. #MarriageEquaility #LoveWins #SCOTUS

• Locked thread