Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

ComradeCosmobot posted:

"It's a decision in the line of Dred Scott, Plessy v. Ferguson..."
/

(moments ago on KQED's Forum)

What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
On CNN: "ABOUT loving TIME, ABOUT loving TIME"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Game over, Hetromailures.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Adoption laws are the easiest, I think, and might get fast tracked

Jill Biden @JillBidenVeep
Joe is running through the halls with a rainbow flagged tied on like a cape high fiving everyone. #MarriageEquaility #LoveWins #SCOTUS

I pray to God he really is doing that!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Quorum posted:

Put it this way: with the demise of this particular wedge issue, you'll probably see an increase in the proportion of rich gays that vote and/or donate Republican, but that proportion will remain substantially lower than the proportion of rich straight people, and I baselessly speculate that the increase will be small to negligible at any rate.

Unlikely, because the movement for ENDA is still ongoing as ever and the Republicans hate that. Reminder that up until 2 years ago there were much more places with solid ENDA on a state level than gay marriage, it was the courts going sweeping that really racked up the marriage count.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Alliance Defending Freedom held a press conference on steps of the SC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GEnQqqUjWI

lol at the lame attempt at an insult, calling them 5 "lawyers"

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

BossTweed posted:

On CNN: "ABOUT loving TIME, ABOUT loving TIME"

haha then they cut back in from commerical and Ashleigh Banfield wasn't ready for the camera and was ranting about 'profanities'

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

BigRed0427 posted:

I pray to God he really is doing that!

It's Joe Biden so it's very believable

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Good. Gays should have the right to suffer just like the rest of us.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ZenVulgarity posted:

Joe is running through the halls with a rainbow flagged tied on like a cape high fiving everyone. #MarriageEquaility #LoveWins #SCOTUS

Too bad that account is fake because I could totally see him doing that :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Really glad to see SSM, but I can't help but feel there's s lot more to be done.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Bigot Tears pointed out that, "already", a PA newspaper will not accept opinion pieces that criticize same sex unions

quote:

On Friday, the United States crossed a similar threshold, continuing a long road to acceptance of same-sex unions.

And this news organization now crosses another threshold.

As a result of Friday's ruling, PennLive/The Patriot-News will no longer accept, nor will it print, op-Eds and letters to the editor in opposition to same-sex marriage.

Interesting

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Too bad that account is fake because I could totally see him doing that :(

Who cares it fits the head canon

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
In case you're wondering about progress outside marriage:

Although it's hard to see on the map, NYC is in fact in the deep purple, the light purple area is a neighboring county.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ComradeCosmobot posted:

"It's a decision in the line of Dred Scott, Plessy v. Ferguson..."
/

(moments ago on KQED's Forum)

Who is this?
And crying in a good happy way or salty hurricanes and baby jesus way?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

that's what the new testament did

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Yep. He literally said that on the air when they had him on about 10 minutes ago. He continued the analogy a bit but I don't remember what other ridiculous case he tried to compare Obergefell to.

happyhippy posted:

Who is this?
And crying in a good happy way or salty hurricanes and baby jesus way?

Brian Brown, Leader of National Organization of Marriage, so you can probably guess.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Really glad to see SSM, but I can't help but feel there's s lot more to be done.

Well yeah, there are adoption laws that need cleaning up, civil protections, making sure that taxation is done properly, etc.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Nintendo Kid posted:

In case you're wondering about progress outside marriage:

Although it's hard to see on the map, NYC is in fact in the deep purple, the light purple area is a neighboring county.

This is actually out of date. I live in Greene County Missouri and we actually recently voted to strip protections from LGBT people.

Unless that vote was just for Springfield. Either way, it's incredibly lovely.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

civil unions are legal in texas, but unions are not

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

God bless Joe Biden

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Morter posted:

Can someone please give me a link to a live stream of a conservative show or (free) news cast that lets me hear people disapproving of this? I'm interested in hearing this all day.

For example: http://www.conservativetalk945.com/

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ZenVulgarity posted:

God drat it woman, post pics

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Taking a break from the crocodile tears (though I love them), how about some happy shots outside the supreme court?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Oh god, hahahahahahahaha. Jill's the best :3:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I

CapnAndy posted:

God drat it woman, post pics

It's a fake account

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Morter posted:

Bigot Tears pointed out that, "already", a PA newspaper will not accept opinion pieces that criticize same sex unions

Interesting

Well it's not like someone can write to an editor now and get a piece published about how they want segregation.

Gay marriage is here to stay. No point in arguing about it further.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ZenVulgarity posted:

It's a fake account
And I assume they own Photoshop, so where are my goddamn pics!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i guess i was wrong, texas AG argues that gay marriage remains illegal in texas

http://www.advocate.com/texas/2015/06/26/texas-attorney-general-insists-clerks-wait-issue-marriage-licenses

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pollyanna posted:

Those are fights for Monday.

Today/this weekend is for celebrating a major victory.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage After Landmark 193,000,000-115,000,000 Decision

Scalia, Thomas, Roberts, Alito Suddenly Realize They Will Be Villains In Oscar-Winning Movie One Day

Nation’s Homophobic Bigots Pack It In

Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Most Buck-Wild Pride Parade Nation’s Ever Seen

Report: Only 47,000 Social Justice Milestones To Go Before U.S. Achieves Full Equality

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Well the AG is wrong

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Well the AG is wrong

the ag is wrong and incredibly desperate, it's wonderful

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Two calls in and we already get "SAME SEX MARRIAGE DOESN'T MAKE SCIENTIFIC SENSE!" and that same sex marriage will have staggering consequences for the species.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Pollyanna posted:

There's always more to be done. Enjoy the victories when you can.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Two calls in and we already get "SAME SEX MARRIAGE DOESN'T MAKE SCIENTIFIC SENSE!" and that same sex marriage will have staggering consequences for the species.

I seriously want to listen to nothing but this while I play steam games and giggle my man-tits off. This is such a good day. Hell, I might just do some day time drinking.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeeeeeeeeeees the namechange went through

:bravo:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

well I'm going to be doing this all day probably http://sad-republicans.tumblr.com/

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeeeeeeeeeees the namechange went through

looks good :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-Latest-Gay-marriage-fully-legal-in-Arkansas-6351305.php

"NO GAY MARRIAGES WILL BE ALLOWED*"
*no gay people in said counties have applied for a marriage license, but just in case they do they can't.

• Locked thread