Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Terror Sweat posted:

the only barometer we have for badguys is how fast they chump genos

The Koreans call him Genoscouter for this reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-24/yuichi-nakamura-takahiro-sakurai-3-more-join-one-punch-man-anime-cast/.89644

Yūichi Nakamura (Fairy Tail's Grey, Valvrave the Liberator's Raizō Yamada) as License-less Rider
Kazuhiro Yamaji (Psycho-Pass' Jouji Saiga, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children's Cid) as Silver Fang
Hiroki Yasumoto (Yowamushi Pedal's Kinjō, Fairy Tail's Elfman) as King
Takahiro Sakurai (Magi's Ja'far, Tokyo Ghoul's Uta) as Zombieman
Katsuyuki Konishi (Hetalia's America, Fairy Tail's Laxus) as Tanktop Master

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

I have no idea what the bottom says but I want these. Where do I buy said items?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I wish i knew, i found it from this tweet:
https://twitter.com/opm_anime/status/613723869145251840

but couldn't find a link to buy them (probably because i don't speak japanese)

edit upon preview: Oh it updated and there they are! Still all in japanese though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

kinkouin posted:

I have no idea what the bottom says but I want these. Where do I buy said items?

It's the standard "may differ slightly from the final product" spiel.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 25, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

I wish i knew, i found it from this tweet:
https://twitter.com/opm_anime/status/613723869145251840

but couldn't find a link to buy them (probably because i don't speak japanese)

edit upon preview: Oh it updated and there they are! Still all in japanese though.

You can click them now and buy one. No idea if they ship overseas.

https://bvc.bandaivisual.co.jp/feature/146/

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 25, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

No King, Superalloy Darkshine, Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask or Zombieman. No buy.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Prison Warden posted:

No King, Superalloy Darkshine, Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask or Zombieman. No buy.

That's for Wave 3

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

PaganGoatPants posted:

You can click them now and buy one. No idea if they ship overseas.

https://bvc.bandaivisual.co.jp/feature/146/

finally anime swag I wouldn't be embarrassed to own.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Found this on Tumblr

Fan made of course but still, neat.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Wait...who's Panic? First thing to come to mind is King, and putting the two together to get Panic-King, which seems like a perfect name for him.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
I don't think there is any Panic. Maybe they mean Sonic? idk

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's from when Saitama met Sonic again while he was out trying to get Hero Points, a little while after he became a registered hero. He saw Sonic and went something like "Oh, you, you're... Jointed Panic (Kansetsu no Panic, instead of Onsoku no Sonic) aren't you?" and that amused fans a lot.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Here's the update.

Good to see Golden Ball's pal show up to help him out. Considering the art, the fight turned out to be a nice diversion.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I think Garou might be my favourite character in this entire manga.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Please don't get Punched, Garou. :ohdear:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Garou is basically Ivo's Amazing Android at this point.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Saitama is Vitctory. Garou is Hard-work.

I think Genos or King is probably Friendship, idk

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying this new original content.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Murata could probably make Stilt-Man an interesting, engaging character in four panels.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Binary Badger posted:

Murata could probably make Stilt-Man an interesting, engaging character in four panels.

No, ONE would. Murata would make him into a visually imposing threat in one giant double page spread.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

We're getting a training arc for the major villian to defeat the insurmountable hero.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Or an unstoppable force-immovable object situation. Unless Garou can redirect his attacks-- can Saitama punch so hard he can even defeat himself?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's pretty neat how the series still manages to build some serious tension despite the fact that the protagonist is literally invincible.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's pretty neat how the series still manages to build some serious tension despite the fact that the protagonist is literally invincible.

The writer keeps it fresh by having Saitama use his crazy power in cool and funny ways. Beats other manga's sword pushing: push harder

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Cerebral Bore posted:

It reminds me a lot of the Golgo 13 series,t hat eventually realized that putting the focus on Duke's clients and victims instead of the man himself made the stories much more interesting. We spent a lot of time with Garou, we get to know him, it builds up his strength and abilities, so when he eventually faces Saitaman, it will be the sweet climax with a great build-up.

That and the fact that Saitaman no selling world shattering attacks is loving hilarious.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Randomly browsing batoto, I noticed the second chapter of this surprisingly good Dragon Ball crossover (first chapter might have been posted?) was just released: http://bato.to/read/_/329780/dragon-ball-z-onepunch-man-heijitsu-hiruma-no-chougekisen-doujinshi_ch2_by_ursan-translations

It's really more of a Dragon Ball story, except Saitama's in it. It's also breaking my immersion a bit that Dragon Ball characters are considered a fair fight for Saitama, but then again, they are also completely insanely strong. Regardless, it's pretty good and you should read it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saitama pretending he wasn't hurt by Satan. What a nice guy. The GOAT is still undefeated though. No one in any fictional work is a match for Mr. Satan.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I can't believe it took me this long to notice how similar Hercule and King are.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Randomly browsing batoto, I noticed the second chapter of this surprisingly good Dragon Ball crossover (first chapter might have been posted?) was just released: http://bato.to/read/_/329780/dragon-ball-z-onepunch-man-heijitsu-hiruma-no-chougekisen-doujinshi_ch2_by_ursan-translations

It's really more of a Dragon Ball story, except Saitama's in it. It's also breaking my immersion a bit that Dragon Ball characters are considered a fair fight for Saitama, but then again, they are also completely insanely strong. Regardless, it's pretty good and you should read it.

Yeah there's no way any of the z fighters could stand a chance against Saitama, not even Buu.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I mean it was your usual crossover "neither one was really fighting at true strength so who knows??", so no real immersion broken on my part.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly, Perfect Cell would gently caress Saitama up, just look at his head.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Very few in One-Punch Man could break the earth in half by punching it.

More than a few people in Dragon Ball Z are strong enough that they could do that.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

TheKingofSprings posted:

Very few in One-Punch Man could break the earth in half by punching it.

More than a few people in Dragon Ball Z are strong enough that they could do that.

The crossover we really needs.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

mabels big day posted:

Yeah there's no way any of the z fighters could stand a chance against Saitama, not even Buu.

Aside from Saitama, no one in the One Punch man universe we've seen is anywhere near DBZ levels of power, so who knows? Both Mr Buu or Vegeta could take Boros or the Sea King with about the same lack of effort Saitama did.

Buu is a pretty good match for this chapter actually, as his entire shtick is that he's insanely durable and difficult to hurt.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Any DBZ fans know what the big ufo at the end of the chapter is?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Davinci posted:

Any DBZ fans know what the big ufo at the end of the chapter is?

It's either some Namek bullshit or another cross over entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Looks like one of the ships used by the Cold Empire. Which should be dead. Sooooo...