Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Chill la Chill posted:

You guys weren't kidding. I checked eBay and a bunch of rabble masters and legion loyalists have recently sold. Gotta love #mtgfinance :3:

One of those Legion Loyalist sets was me. :v:

And now, I can find a non-standard use for my playset of German BaB promo Rabblemasters. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

AlternateNu posted:

One of those Legion Loyalist sets was me. :v:

And now, I can find a non-standard use for my playset of German BaB promo Rabblemasters. :getin:

Do they have an app yet that watches card prices like stocks at the stock market? Someone needs to make one of those if not.

And yeah, the goblin buyout has begun.

*thread slows down as everyone scrambles to buy the next soon to be expensive goblin*

Sickening fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 26, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Should be called the goblin gobbling. an app like that would be fun, :agreed:.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Zendikar had a huge number of eternal playables in a modern set. It was really telling in the first build your own set that a huge proportion of goons playing in it picked Zendikar as one of their blocks.

E: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YvVsjygpbqjMECmHpV6kDXQMl3XRhRx0PBcrp3OMZcQ/edit#gid=0 for reference, a list of eternal playables by set composed by our own ChewyLSB

E: whoops, I guess I can't place zendikar specifically for legacy/vintage, that block is top dog for modern playables though

Proof Time Spiral was the best block

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Zendikar had a huge number of eternal playables in a modern set. It was really telling in the first build your own set that a huge proportion of goons playing in it picked Zendikar as one of their blocks.

E: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YvVsjygpbqjMECmHpV6kDXQMl3XRhRx0PBcrp3OMZcQ/edit#gid=0 for reference, a list of eternal playables by set composed by our own ChewyLSB

E: whoops, I guess I can't place zendikar specifically for legacy/vintage, that block is top dog for modern playables though

Khans, worst block ever.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Does the modern goblins play (or want to play) Cavern of Souls? It's possible the hyper aggressive one does not ever want to NOT be able to cast its bolts but if you go a little larger, I suspect it is in the market for uncounterability.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
*hops aboard Modern Goblins train, purchases play set of Legion Loyalists*

I just wish I wasn't in between jobs right now so i could justify buying the more expensive ones before they get even more expensive :(

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Well I picked up MTGO Piledrviers for 80 cents. I guess they could get cheaper, since they were in VMA, but that's not a lot of money to lose.

Edit: They're already 3 dollars, so I shoulda grabbed more.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sickening posted:

Khans, worst block ever.

That list is somehow missing Swiftspear. And Voice.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Diogenes Cynicus posted:

It looks like there's a run happening on Gilt-Leaf Palaces on SCG's website. The price jumped 70 cents while I was updating my shipping info. It looks like a black splash in Modern Elves might be a thing now.

I know I went on TCG and grabbed a couple auntie's hovels and while I was there snagged a few gilt leaf palaces and an ancient amphitheater just because they were still a couple bucks each. Doubt they pull a wanderwine hub, but the market can definitely be crazy.

I was just thinking of selling off my guides too, when I saw how much they had jumped.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I grabbed a playset of Loyalists for 9 bucks and they shipped out immediately, god drat.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I thought this was the kind of stuff this thread made fun of

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

Khans, worst block ever.

Tbf it hasn't been updated in a while, the drop off after RTR is funny though

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Rinkles posted:

Well, I made fun of it at least. But TBF I guess it's alright if it's just the price of lunch and not those cardboard barons that buy a ton to buy a future house.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AgentSythe posted:

Does the modern goblins play (or want to play) Cavern of Souls? It's possible the hyper aggressive one does not ever want to NOT be able to cast its bolts but if you go a little larger, I suspect it is in the market for uncounterability.

If I could afford them I'd run a couple, I've actually been using Contested War Zone as a pseudo-Goblin Bushwhacker but drawing multiple in one game is a bummer.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Rinkles posted:

There is a huge difference between buying cards as a serious long-term investment and buying cards before they explode in price so you can have them to put in a deck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sure everyone's noticed by now, but that Elf Shaman has cmc<or=3.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

It's still a non mythic rare... There aren't usually non mythics that are over 10 bucks for any long period of time.

Remember how painland prices went up because suddenly there was more use for them? Just sayin' there is no gurantee that more of a given card means its price must go down.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Which elf shaman

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rinkles posted:

So coco elves shifts to GB. No reason not to. If you want to play it, or are plaing it, buy 4x Gilt-Leaf Palace while its $2 because it isn't likely it will stay $2.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Which elf shaman

If you're not joking:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rinkles posted:

If you're not joking:

I'm preordering a set of foils when they're available.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

If you're not joking:

I don't know how he was joking theres like at least 3 elf shamans in the set and they're all cmc 3 or less.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

jassi007 posted:

So coco elves shifts to GB. No reason not to. If you want to play it, or are plaing it, buy 4x Gilt-Leaf Palace while its $2 because it isn't likely it will stay $2.
I'm just going to put that in as a 1-of that I can cast off Cavern. Forge Tender is too good to drop and the deck doesn't really have room for more 3 drops.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

jassi007 posted:

This is why I bought mine this morning at $2 apiece. I guess I'd also run Golgari Charm and play around with Prowess of the Fair in addition to the new elf shaman, but the price of Gilt-Leaf Palace can only really go up from where it is now.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Sickening posted:

Khans, worst block ever.

Khans warped all the eternal formats and modern so hard with just Cruise and Dig. Not to mention Swiftspear, and making the modern mana base so much better and cheapre than they were with just Zen fetches. And that just khans itself, not counting the whole block.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 26, 2015

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Zoness posted:

I don't know how he was joking theres like at least 3 elf shamans in the set and they're all cmc 3 or less.

Joking cause he was so happy about the Piledriver announcement, overshadowing everything else

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

AgentSythe posted:

I'm not sure what a Modern Goblins list looks like in its entirety, but it seems worth running at least a couple of Caverns since probably the only spells they can't cast are Bolt, Grenade and maybe Dragon Fodder or Blood Moon, but at 2 and 3 mana you should have a Mountain out already.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think you'd rather play Contested War Zone instead of Cavern of Souls.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Feels good to open up money when drafting. 2 drafts, 7 boosters total, getting a Collected Company, Monastery Mentor, Artarka's Command, and Dragon Whisperer.

Also feels good to already have all the good Goblins in Modern already. Besides Warren Instigator, but screw him.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
So, could golgari elves work in standard? We've got CoCo, and Chord for another 2 months we have Chord.

What are alternate wincons without Ezuri? Overrun doesn't seem good enough. Also, is there any resiliency against Anger of the Gods that I'm not thinking of?

I totally just ordered 4 Wilt-Leaf Palaces, but I've been dicking with Elves and black splashes in elves for 3 months now and I somehow overlooked that card >.<

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Chapin said Nissa, Vastwood Seer is one of the top 10 cards in Standard from day 1.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

mcmagic posted:

I think you'd rather play Contested War Zone instead of Cavern of Souls.

Most of the goblin decks right now are 16 mountains + 4 caverns with 4 aether vials. Obviously that will change. Hell I could see goblin decks running collected company as well now.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

eSporks posted:

What do you guys think? Generally true?

Gross oversimplification

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Chapin said Nissa, Vastwood Seer is one of the top 10 cards in Standard from day 1.

Cool, we still haven't seen the majority of the set.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I just bought 12 Loyalists from TCG. Please spike to $30 dollars each!

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Gb Elves already seems like it could be a good thing for standard. Splash Black for the Shaman, Thoughsiezes (Duress Post-rotation), and some removal. Elvish Mystic (if it gets reprinted), The elf that makes another elf, CoCo, and Den Protector (honorary elf).

The Shaman could be as good as or better than Gary as a finisher and we all know how annoying he was for the longest time.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Bugsy posted:

Most of the goblin decks right now are 16 mountains + 4 caverns with 4 aether vials. Obviously that will change. Hell I could see goblin decks running collected company as well now.

Hitting a Chieftain and Piledriver off of 4 mana would be pretty sweet.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Balon posted:

The Shaman could be as good as or better than Gary as a finisher and we all know how annoying he was for the longest time.

Well Gary worked off of Underworld Connections and on top of that also fueled more card draws. The comparison might be there but the effect is a lot weaker. I mean like you're comparing the Elf + Coco engine to the UC + Gary + Rats engine v:shobon:v.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Balon posted:

Gb Elves already seems like it could be a good thing for standard. Splash Black for the Shaman, Thoughsiezes (Duress Post-rotation), and some removal. Elvish Mystic (if it gets reprinted), The elf that makes another elf, CoCo, and Den Protector (honorary elf).

Gary wasn't the annoying part of that deck. That was Packrat and Underworld Connections.

• Locked thread