Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which card do you most want to see unbanned
Sword of the Meek
Dig Through Time
Bloodbraid Elf
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
View Results

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey are you available to be King of Losing The Round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

Hey are you available to be King of Losing The Round?

No family's all around right now and they'll get pissy if I wander off to do it

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

No family's all around right now and they'll get pissy if I wander off to do it

no worries

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
PhyrexianLibrarian, let me know through PM, this thread, or IRC what your schedule is like. Mine should be less busy after Monday EST. If I'm not on IRC, you can just tell the bot what your schedule is.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

always be closing posted:

Talk to me wildfire.

I'm super busy this week, and to compound it I'm in Australia. Are you able to play on the morning any day this week? 6-8am EST? That would be 8-10pm my time, I can't really play much later than that. Otherwise the weekend is good for me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Since we're in the third round I would like to know, are you all enjoying the tournament so far? Are you using banned cards, or have you played against them? What have your matches with banned cards been like, in your opinion? Have they been fun?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I like casting Dig Through Time.

FingersMcLongDong, I'll be around in the IRC this afternoon/evening if you want to hit me up there.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
I am the boring guy that is acting as control by running a deck without the banned cards. In retrospect, I probably could've used DTT, and I've only seen other decks that seem to want it as well. So I haven't really felt the effects of the "unban" besides everyone wanting to dig.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Playing my deck IRL and online recently and on here is like night and day. I've actually changed my mind about unbanning Dig. Thirst does an ok Dig impression but it's not the same at all. I actually do think if they ban Exarch/Twin Dig could come off the list. Not that they'd ever ban anything from Twin or make a non-Twin blue deck good.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Since we're in the third round I would like to know, are you all enjoying the tournament so far? Are you using banned cards, or have you played against them? What have your matches with banned cards been like, in your opinion? Have they been fun?
Ran a regular Abzan deck with no banned cards, and I can't say I've felt the effects. Dig seems good enough to make decks, but it never felt like it was overpowering.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Lker posted:

PhyrexianLibrarian, let me know through PM, this thread, or IRC what your schedule is like. Mine should be less busy after Monday EST. If I'm not on IRC, you can just tell the bot what your schedule is.

Hey I'm online now, otherwise I'll be around tomorrow and Wednesday in the evenings, just let me know when you can jump on.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm running 4x Bloodbraid Elf, and while it's definitely very good, I haven't hit it enough in real games to know whether it's bannably broken yet.

Dig Through Time, however, is bonkers and may need to stay where it is :(

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 23, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey King of Being at the Lake.

I'm unavailable tonight or tommorow, but W-Sun I'm hanging out with the fam and should be able to find some time for whatever is convenient for your schedule.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Babylon Astronaut: When is good for you? I am free after around 8 pacific each night. If you can manage during the day I have time Wednesday and Friday. If none of that works for you I can try to schedule something earlier in the evening, but I need a bit of notice to set it up.

odiv fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 23, 2015

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

I'm super busy this week, and to compound it I'm in Australia. Are you able to play on the morning any day this week? 6-8am EST? That would be 8-10pm my time, I can't really play much later than that. Otherwise the weekend is good for me.

Absolutely, those times are perfect for me on my Saturday and Sunday.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Aston posted:

I like casting Dig Through Time.

FingersMcLongDong, I'll be around in the IRC this afternoon/evening if you want to hit me up there.

I hopped on around 9:30 est but that might've been too late. I'll be available in the late evenings the next few days, or PM me if you're getting back on tonight.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

always be closing posted:

Absolutely, those times are perfect for me on my Saturday and Sunday.

Can't do it on your Saturday, it'd have to be Sunday.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Jonked posted:

Well, finally got power back. InstantRunoffVote, hit me up on PMs and we can set aside some time that works for both of us.
Or IRC... or email... or just here, in this thread...

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey I'm online now, otherwise I'll be around tomorrow and Wednesday in the evenings, just let me know when you can jump on.
I should be on Wednesday at the very least. I might be on later today (Tuesday) but no guarantees. Will keep you updated.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

I'm thinking probably Tuesday around 5/6 your time will work best for me.
This works for me, I will be around in IRC.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I hopped on around 9:30 est but that might've been too late. I'll be available in the late evenings the next few days, or PM me if you're getting back on tonight.

Yeah, I'm on GMT so the earlier you can get on the better, or we could postpone until Friday night/Saturday morning.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Aston posted:

Yeah, I'm on GMT so the earlier you can get on the better, or we could postpone until Friday night/Saturday morning.

Are you available during the middle of the day at all? Otherwise the earliest I can probably do is like 9 pm est. Working 3rd shift Friday night so I can't do that.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Can't do it on your Saturday, it'd have to be Sunday.

That works for me, ill be in IRC at 7am EST this sunday.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Are you available during the middle of the day at all? Otherwise the earliest I can probably do is like 9 pm est. Working 3rd shift Friday night so I can't do that.

I'm a 9-to-5er so not really. I could do first thing Saturday morning my time?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

odiv posted:

Babylon Astronaut: When is good for you? I am free after around 8 pacific each night. If you can manage during the day I have time Wednesday and Friday. If none of that works for you I can try to schedule something earlier in the evening, but I need a bit of notice to set it up.
just got done moving, now i have the net! 8 pacific is 10 central right? that works for me tonight.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

That's about half an hour from now, if I haven't screwed up my time zones.

Will you be on IRC or should I just make a game on the xmage.de server?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1 here thanks to the timer. Very weird game 1, I had a turn 4 kill game 2, and game 3 started with like 3 minutes on his clock.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Do we even have set rules for the timer? I can't remember what I have it set as, but I think my default is a little extra from when everyone was getting used to XMage for the Legacy tournament.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

odiv posted:

Do we even have set rules for the timer? I can't remember what I have it set as, but I think my default is a little extra from when everyone was getting used to XMage for the Legacy tournament.

I'm pretty sure it was set to 50 which I think is as high as it goes. It might have been 40. Either way, it was looking kinda grim for him with a Clique beating down and him stuck at 2 lands.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

2/1 here thanks to the timer. Very weird game 1, I had a turn 4 kill game 2, and game 3 started with like 3 minutes on his clock.

You guys are using a timer huh :/

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

I think i would have lost g3 anyways. I was missing way too many land drops and you were getting too far ahead.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
PhyrexianLibrarian, I will be on tomorrow, Wednesday after 5PM (or earlier) EST to 7PM. Let me know when you're on.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Babylon Astronaut posted:

just got done moving, now i have the net! 8 pacific is 10 central right? that works for me tonight.

Haven't seen you around, so I think I'm going to draft. I'm free most nights and I can make tomorrow or Friday during the day work too.

edit: I won vs. Babylon Astronaut 2-0.

odiv fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 24, 2015

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Got steamrolled by ChewyLSB 2-0. I will also be dropping.

Just a terrible matchup for me and Chewy played well.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Jonked posted:

Or IRC... or email... or just here, in this thread...
Okay, well, I'm working the opening shift for the entire weekend and I'm probably going to be busy anyway. I'm not going to hang around on IRC waiting for my opponent to show up. InstantRunoffVote, if you happen to read this we can still make it work, but you're going to have to contact me and set a time up.

But you probably dropped anyways.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
I took it over PhyrexianLibrarian 2-0

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm gonna drop. I hosed up my mana base, and I haven't had time to play this week.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
King we need to play still.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I still need to play Fingers as well but scheduling is an issue. I'm around most of this weekend if that helps.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

King we need to play still.

We do, are you good around 4:15 CST?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

We do, are you good around 4:15 CST?

Should be, I'll be on around that time.