Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
first they silenced the channers, and i remained silent, because they are bitchmade scrublords lol pwnd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Effectronica posted:

No it hasn't. I've actually explicitly said things that directly contradict that. You are simply delusional and should be drugged to the gills and then hung by the neck until you are dead.

So anyone you disagree with should be murdered by being drugged and hanged? I'm the delusional one here? What?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

anite why are you silencing <scytherGoKU69>

YOU CAN'T CUT YOUTUBE COMMENTS YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I propose we replace SJW which is a loaded term with a more apt one, like "left wing puritans"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

nobody is obligated to provide a space for other people to explicitly describe why they are a bad person

Okay I actually agree with this.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Bholder posted:

I'm just following the logic you've been dictating.

The logic of saying that non-sexualized characters can exist means that all characters are sexualized. Well, you've got me. The only way to respond to this is with violence, because you have made it clear that you will not use language. Please stand still.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Meme Emulator posted:

The problem here is that GG doesnt have any real people to mock outside of Milo Yianopolous and I guess that one Moldbuggian guy since its an anonymous movement.

Meanwhile everyone on the anti side is posting about this poo poo with thier real names and theyre easier to mock.

Pretty much. Sargon was funny when he was doing his common core and digra tinfoil rants, but he stopped. King of Pol was a huge idiot and funny, but got booted our when he lied about a Facebook post by Gawker.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bholder posted:

Why are we arguing about who is on whose side? Seriously, who gives a gently caress?

Jesus cares.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

This is always going to be the level of discourse here, apparently.

It's because the mods are full of good ideas, rather than insanity...

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I said come in! posted:

So anyone you disagree with should be murdered by being drugged and hanged? I'm the delusional one here? What?

:qq: You can't be intolerant of my intolerance!!!!!!! :qq:

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Effectronica posted:

No it hasn't. I've actually explicitly said things that directly contradict that. You are simply delusional and should be drugged to the gills and then hung by the neck until you are dead.

We need to have a world devoid of racism and bigotry, where we can all live in peace and harmony together.

And this shining future must be paid for with the blood of our enemies!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

The problem here is that GG doesnt have any real people to mock outside of Milo Yianopolous and I guess that one Moldbuggian guy since its an anonymous movement.

Meanwhile everyone on the anti side is posting about this poo poo with thier real names and theyre easier to mock.

Well it does. It has all the guys from the Sarkeesian effect videos, but them and Moldbug are already mostly covered in the Dark Enlightenment thread.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

why do you believe feminists hate 90's era comic books?

I don't believe actual "feminists" hate anything, but I do believe the folks participating in outrage culture, identity politics, and whatever else you want to call the lunatic fringe have created a situation where they have bluffed certain industries into believing they are a bigger market force than they actually are. You can see this by the current whining and temper tantrums thrown by the indie crowd in gaming over steam refunds and not enough people buying their "artistic" games.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Since SJW is a dirty word now, can we come up with another term for online outrage addicts / call-out culturists.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i cant imagine why anyone familiar with internet discourse would question why someone wouldnt want to engage with people over the internet

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Totalizator posted:

I propose we replace SJW which is a loaded term with a more apt one, like "left wing puritans"

GGer seems to have replaced MRA as "vague description for people who disagree with me". :v:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Terrible Opinions posted:

Well it does. It has all the guys from the Sarkeesian effect videos, but them and Moldbug are already mostly covered in the Dark Enlightenment thread.

is this the guy who proves that he's not a manchild by lighting a cigarette he never smokes and waving around a highball glass of whiskey he never drinks

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Shadoer posted:

We need to have a world devoid of racism and bigotry, where we can all live in peace and harmony together.

And this shining future must be paid for with the blood of our enemies!

Yeah

:ussr:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

natetimm posted:

I don't believe actual "feminists" hate anything, but I do believe the folks participating in outrage culture, identity politics, and whatever else you want to call the lunatic fringe have created a situation where they have bluffed certain industries into believing they are a bigger market force than they actually are. You can see this by the current whining and temper tantrums thrown by the indie crowd in gaming over steam refunds and not enough people buying their "artistic" games.

so it's a vast internet conspiracy to attack comic books

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

You are delusional because you take someone saying that characters do not have to be sexualized to mean that all characters are sexualized. This means that you are, simply, insane, and unfortunately it is probably not amenable to treatment and something that is likely to cause annoyance to others. So it is necessary to kill you for the sake of the dozens of people you might annoy in the future. Namaste.

Totalizator posted:

The second wave of feminism was actually all for high heels and cleavage, and it's only puritan revisionism that says there might be something wrong with having to put yourself on sexual display in order to move in society.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

is this the guy who proves that he's not a manchild by lighting a cigarette he never smokes and waving around a highball glass of whiskey he never drinks

you mean the bald weirdo who starts off videos by going "BLACK PEOPEL... lemme tell ya i love black people BUT"

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
there should be no gamer "gate." gaming is something to be enjoyed with friends and strangers. it should be inclusive, there shouldnt be a gate around it

let's work togetheert towards making a gamer "window"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meme Emulator posted:

Sargon of Akkad
Thunderf00t
Kotaku In Action (as a whole)
Internet Aristocrat/whatever his name is now after he had his meltdown for a few weeks and changed his name
Adam Baldwin
Mundane Matt

They're all pretty easily mockable and cringeworthy.

Four of those names make a living or at least got notoriety for bitching about stuff in YouTube videos until people noticed.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

natetimm posted:

This post is full of buzzwords that basically translate to "people who point out that I am a dick make me mad".

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

:qq: You can't be intolerant of my intolerance!!!!!!! :qq:

What about my posts shows intolerance? I've talked about how Bayonetta is a very strong empowering female character, and that even first person shooters do not in fact get marketed towards just men. Effectronica has been going on and on about how all women are sexualized and worthless based entirely on their clothing. For Effectronica, clothing is the only standard for which to judge women. That's pretty hosed up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

natetimm posted:

It is possible to agree with proposals such as "the women in refrigerators" problem without being on the "lunatic fringe," and if you do not believe so, it may in fact be you who are the lunatic fringe :ssh:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

natetimm posted:

I doubt very much the triple-A studios give a drat about the Feminist Frequency's of the world.

There was an article a little while ago where someone made the observation that the big name studios are probably pro-GG by default, but by refusing to participate they get to keep their hands clean of the mess, let their gamer nerd proxies do the dirty work, and deny the anti-GG people the confrontation they want.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

you mean the bald weirdo who starts off videos by going "BLACK PEOPEL... lemme tell ya i love black people BUT"

haha yeah that guy

he's always dressed like he's about to march into the next room and deliver a killer quarterly earnings report, because that's how serious men dress

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shadoer posted:

Tumblr is just home of team SJW and their far left wing echo chamber, there's nothing truly special about it otherwise.

8chan is effectively the internet equivalent of Rapture and we are all holding our breath to see what becomes of this "free speech zone".

When you reference Rapture you mean "full of huge asholes who don't realize why other people hate them" right?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it was good times when there was a slew of people creating response videos to the feminist frequency videos that consisted of them playing a clip then yelling about the minutiae of a video game plot. or that one guy who painstakingly went through her master's dissertation.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

so it's a vast internet conspiracy to attack comic books

It's not even a conspiracy, just a bunch of outrage-addicted narcissists staggering drunkenly from one faux-crisis to the next, making life demonstrably worse for everyone involved. Including themselves, hilariously.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

nobody is obligated to provide a space for other people to explicitly describe why they are a bad person

Agreed. Just like no media is obligated to incorporate any particular characters. So why the complaints about "gamers" or sexism?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Mods please move the thread to Imp Zone, or something.

Until then we may as well compile a list of crazy GG people cuz all I see is a sea of anime avatars.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yes, that guy is hilarious and creepy looking.

Davis Aurini - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iz05eePvP0

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

unlimited shrimp posted:

Since SJW is a dirty word now, can we come up with another term for online outrage addicts / call-out culturists.

You can call your imaginary friends whatever you want, kid, but you can't convince me to pretend that they're real.

I said come in! posted:

What about my posts shows intolerance? I've talked about how Bayonetta is a very strong empowering female character, and that even first person shooters do not in fact get marketed towards just men. Effectronica has been going on and on about how all women are sexualized and worthless based entirely on their clothing. For Effectronica, clothing is the only standard for which to judge women. That's pretty hosed up.

The Freudian slip is a very sexy article of clothing.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
This is the only real debate between GG and anti-GG that I'm aware of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOxDtBv9wHs

I like Pakman but he really did a bad job moderating them.

The Society of Professional Journalists is hosting a debate in August. The panelists for GG:

quote:

Milo Yiannopoulos
Brad Wardell
Cathy Young
Christina Hoff Sommers
Oliver Campbell
Mark Ceb
William Usher
Jennifer Dawe

No one from anti-GG has committed yet, although they're allowing anyone who wants to show up to remain anonymous until the debate.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

haha yeah that guy

he's always dressed like he's about to march into the next room and deliver a killer quarterly earnings report, because that's how serious men dress

He's basically Lex Luthor Lite. Still waiting on that documentary to come out. Should be a gasser.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

natetimm posted:

It's not even a conspiracy, just a bunch of outrage-addicted narcissists staggering drunkenly from one faux-crisis to the next, making life demonstrably worse for everyone involved. Including themselves, hilariously.

i thought we were talking about the feminists, not the gamergaters

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
How many variations of PC POLICE OUT OF CONTROL are you people going to come up with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

haha yeah that guy

I like that he has that skull on his shelf in the background of all of his videos. He's not really worth giving half a thought to most of the time, though; nobody really listens to him.

• Locked thread