Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well I was really looking forward to Splatfest and then they put it on literally the worst possible day for me when I will have guests and be doing things and have no time. Fan-fuckin-tastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Fix posted:

What the gently caress. How do I get this? Why is this going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMeXH24NIU

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Not a Children posted:

So what actually is changing about the Inkstrike?

They're fixing a bug that causes the size of the painted area to vary wildly depending on the point of impact.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

siiiick

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The playable octolings still turn into squid when they transform.

That's hosed up

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Regy Rusty posted:

That's hosed up

That's because some dude just swapped out the model of the playable Inklings with an Octoling, this isn't an official feature (yet?)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

That's because some dude just swapped out the model of the playable Inklings with an Octoling, this isn't an official feature (yet?)

Thanks jivjov for explaining this mystery

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Bown posted:

Well I was really looking forward to Splatfest and then they put it on literally the worst possible day for me when I will have guests and be doing things and have no time. Fan-fuckin-tastic.

It's running for 24 hours, so if you were actually dedicated to your cause, you would play the game after your guests had left.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They will be here almost the whole time as we are seeing a show and they're staying over. Maybe I can get some matches in in the final hours :(

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Puistokemisti posted:

– Ink Resistance: The negative effects of movement and damage that enemy ink has on you when walked on has been reduced.

Wait, so ink resistance is actually getting buffed, not nerfed?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Christo posted:

Wait, so ink resistance is actually getting buffed, not nerfed?

maybe they're talking about base ink resistance and not the skill itself? Its not exactly clear.

Regy Rusty posted:

That's hosed up
the weird thing is they turn into the octopus form with the squid's "bone" structure, which is really hosed up.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Tengames posted:

the weird thing is they turn into the octopus form with the squid's "bone" structure, which is really hosed up.

They have BONES!? :stare:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

They have BONES!? :stare:

It's a game development term. "Bones" are the segments between flopping joints on ragdolls.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Ow. Grinding up for 30k last night was worth the trouble, because that's exactly how much I had to pay Spyke for the shoes.

Well, at least I have all the clothes I wanted. Now I can just sit back and wait for Splatfest to rake in all the Super Sea Snails I need.

And I will get all the snails I need, because Team Cat will consume Team Dog.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
drat. Ink resistance is my favorite ability, and the red converse are my favorite shoes. I hope they don't gently caress with it too much.

I actually thought that the clothing in this game would be able to help out different types of weapons: a roller like me probably needs ink resistance because it's easy to get stuck out in enemy ink, but a sniper might not need it so much because they're not moving around. Oh well, cool idea down the drain.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Carbon Roller (Burst Bombs/Inkzooka) and Custom dual Squelcher (Ink Beakons/Killer Wail) coming tonight.

And since it's been datamined recently:

quote:

The Custom Dual Squelcher is exactly what it sounds like - a Dual Squelcher with a custom look! What's new is the Squid Beakon, letting you lead your team, and the Killer Wail to pressure your foes! I'd say it's perfect for master tacticians who can keep track of the entire field of battle.

quote:

The Carbon Roller is a lightweight roller built with low-density parts for increased handling! Soften up the foe with Burst Bombs while you ink the ground and prepare to unleash the Inkzooka! Want to use a roller but don't like feeling weighed down? Now you can have your cake and eat it too!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

For some abilities, I think the map rotation has more impact on usefulness than your weapon choice. For example, Ninja Squid is probably least effective on Blackbelly (since that map interrupts your movement a lot and makes you pop out of the ink just to get around), but it's really great for maps with flat open spaces.

Then again, ink-conservation abilities are super weapon dependent. Some weapons all but require them, others let you get a lot done on a single tank.

EDIT: So from that description of the Carbon Roller, I guess the roller spectrum goes like this (increasing in power and decreasing in speed):

Inkbrush - Octobrush(?) - Carbon Roller - Standard Roller - Dynamo Roller

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Is Stealth Squid still considered good? It's been a while sicne I played and I'd like to think it's less necessary than it was.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's very good against people who are paying attention, against weaker players it's not that great since they're not good at tracking through ink anyway. If you're approaching an enemy and have a good ink spread around you, they essentially have to guess what angle you're attacking from, or you can just retreat and attack another area without them knowing.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Ninja Squid is a mindgame perk, its effectiveness scales with how good you are at screwing with people. Try shooting in one direction and swimming into the other, they'll think you swam to where you shot when really you've got a clear shot at the back of their head. Or throw a Seeker and swim with it, since they can't see you swimming they'll think you're just being a dick and spamming them when really you're being a dick and emerging from the Seekersplosion to backstab them.

I actually highly recommend the second one. Ninja Squid's innate swim slowdown means your swim speed matches the Seeker's speed. Actually pretty handy.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I may have accidentally mentally merged Stealth Jump and Ninja Squid :v: I meant the jump.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727950

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I still say Bomb Shifter is better the Ink Resistance. Not only have I not stepped on a mine since I started using it, the sec someone throws a bomb it gives away their position. Makes aiming a Killer Wail at a Bomb Rusher a lot easier.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
Can't wait to try out the Carbon Roller. If I like it, I'll be on pins and needles waiting for them to release the deco variant with SEEKER RUSH :black101:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

SL the Pyro posted:

Ninja Squid is a mindgame perk, its effectiveness scales with how good you are at screwing with people. Try shooting in one direction and swimming into the other, they'll think you swam to where you shot when really you've got a clear shot at the back of their head. Or throw a Seeker and swim with it, since they can't see you swimming they'll think you're just being a dick and spamming them when really you're being a dick and emerging from the Seekersplosion to backstab them.

I actually highly recommend the second one. Ninja Squid's innate swim slowdown means your swim speed matches the Seeker's speed. Actually pretty handy.

Ninja squid is great for swimming up a wall. If you can tap the stick to stay there you can really get the drop on people chasing you.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heran Bago posted:

Ninja squid is great for swimming up a wall. If you can tap the stick to stay there you can really get the drop on people chasing you.

Doesn't ninja squid explicitly not work when swimming up a wall?

It does seems to work sliding down one, at least in the test range.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Even without ninja squid people tend not to be looking at walls anyway.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Christo posted:

Even without ninja squid people tend not to be looking at walls anyway.

I've surprised a number of people hiding in the walls in the stake park since they're so many places to look as it is

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ninja squid definitely doesn't work on walls.

People definitely do not expect you to pop out of walls behind them, though. Those vertical sections in the halfpipes at skatepark are good for at least 1 kill per match.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Official English patch notes if you were confused by the lovely translations.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Tengames posted:

maybe they're talking about base ink resistance and not the skill itself? Its not exactly clear

This would be a good change too. 12% is basically standing still and more mobility by default would make the whole game more better

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm glad that splatoon is favoring freshness over min max tryhards

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Here's a message for you all wonderful people

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

TubeStank posted:

I'm glad that splatoon is favoring freshness over min max tryhards

Winning is temporary, looking cool is forever!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Setz made more splatoon comics

here's all of them
and some cali and mari ones
(click on the comics for their titles)

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

OK, what with the at #love wins, all the Inklings are saying it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jarogue posted:

What with the at #love wins all the Inklings are saying it.

Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states. #lovewins is the Twitter meme for this news.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Jarogue posted:

What with the at #love wins all the Inklings are saying it.

Gay marriage is legal in the states now

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

And here I am just sleeping and playing Splatoon. What a day to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jarogue posted:

OK, what with the at #love wins, all the Inklings are saying it.

and a reply:

lol

• Locked thread