Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

He's a pretty funny example of tokenism. Polygon hired him as pretty much a click-bait magnet. He openly posts on Twitter that he has no idea what most games are, how they work, or what goes into making them. His one trick is bitching about white people constantly. He's also the only non-white person on a staff of about 20 and never says poo poo about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Warszawa posted:

There are now anti-manspreading municipal ads on at least two major subway lines in NYC.

Really though, conserve space on public transit please it is not gendered it is just decency.

I wish it hadn't been called "manspreading," I guess (although it is almost universally men who are doing it), because now the basic decency concept of "your balls don't need their own seat, rear end in a top hat, I have a bad knee and I want to sit down" is "everything that is wrong with internet feminism."

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

nvm lovely post

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

natetimm posted:

He's a pretty funny example of tokenism. Polygon hired him as pretty much a click-bait magnet. He openly posts on Twitter that he has no idea what most games are, how they work, or what goes into making them. His one trick is bitching about white people constantly. He's also the only non-white person on a staff of about 20 and never says poo poo about it.

none of this supports the thing you said

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

im ok with manspreading laws if they are also enforced against women with those huge purses that they put on the inside seat

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
:biotruths:

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Bicyclops posted:

I wish it hadn't been called "manspreading," I guess (although it is almost universally men who are doing it), because now the basic decency concept of "your balls don't need their own seat, rear end in a top hat, I have a bad knee and I want to sit down" is "everything that is wrong with internet feminism."

Well if it helps the city ads just call it "spreading," but literally say "stop the spread dude". There are separate ads about bags taking up seats and such.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gamergate is bad

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Bedlamdan posted:

*nods* :)

What if I emptyquote senior posters, that's how I usually try to fit in?

You must post in the D&D illuminati thread with the correct empty quote

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

natetimm posted:

That dude hates that white people even exist.

A perfectly reasonable position.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Warszawa posted:

Well if it helps the city ads just call it "spreading," but literally say "stop the spread dude". There are separate ads about bags taking up seats and such.

That's good. The bag thing is also annoying, and signs may actually help, because a lot of the people doing it are tourists who genuinely have not thought about how it will inconvenience people.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I think instead of making less video games for females and minorities, I think they should make more video games for females and minorities, and in general. Thank you for your time.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Gamergate is bad

Indeed, let us laugh at it.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
this thread is bad

so is the supreme court

and gamergate

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sinnlos posted:

Seriously Kirkbride is a storytelling genius and he adds a huge amount of depth into the TES world. I would go so far as to say that TES is the franchise with the strongest world building lore-wise.
he is also bugfuck insane which is probably one of the reasons why he owns so hard

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Bicyclops posted:

What pushed it into the stratosphere of dumb was the constant pictures taken by idiots wanting internet cred of people doing it on mostly empty subway cars at night. Almost none of their pictures actually showed anyone causing any discomfort or problems, but they just had to cultivate that outrage anyway. As someone who rode public transit a lot too, youre right, there are tons of assholes who take up way too much space. Turining it into some sort of witch hunt on black dudes in mostly empty train cars derailed it (ha) pretty quickly, though.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

"can you please make some room i would like to sit down on this seat here thank you"

- #53 on the complete list of completely impossibly difficult things to say or do

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Sinnlos posted:

You must post in the D&D illuminati thread with the correct empty quote

*smiles, and changes my thread vote to a "3"*

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
A little bit late on this point, but:

You definitely need at least 4 new entities/spaces to make a bingo. That is already assuming you're counting the free space, so that's irrelevant.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KoldPT posted:

this thread is bad

so is the supreme court

and gamergate

#comicgate is a thing I just read in that. I want to cry right now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

KoldPT posted:

this thread is bad

so is the supreme court

and gamergate

The best comics are all written by people who loathe comics fans and the comics industry its cray

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what the gently caress is a comicghazi

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Control Volume posted:

Gamergate is bad

Its a good thing we've moved on to subway/train talk then

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Broniki posted:

"can you please make some room i would like to sit down on this seat here thank you"

- #53 on the complete list of completely impossibly difficult things to say or do

You would be very, very surprised at the number of people who will actually answer "no" to this question.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

I said come in! posted:

nooooo :(

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Broniki posted:

Actually pretty verboten on the MTA, though not really as big a deal as some people seem to think.

This thread is now about subways and trains.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

what the gently caress is a comicghazi

people got really mad that they made a woman who was thor

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Alan Moore writes good comics, perhaps even the best comics, this theory seems to hold water.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Control Volume posted:

Alan Moore writes good comics, perhaps even the best comics, this theory seems to hold water.

Alan Moore's best stuff isn't borne from his hatred of the comics industry or his fans though

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

UberJew posted:

people got really mad that they made a woman who was thor

I think the big outrage was the removal of the variant cover that referenced the killing joke because it was "disempowering" to Batgirl.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Never underestimate the ability of reactionaries to perceive scandal.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I usually agree with Anita says except for what she thought about Mad Max Fury Road where she was reaching about her criticisms about it. Because a movie set in the post apocalyptic raider filled wasteland is going to be violent no matter what you do.

Or was that the other guy who was using her account as a shield to say his dumb opinions.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Sinnlos posted:

Never underestimate the ability of reactionaries to perceive scandal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BestOfOutrageCulture/

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Bicyclops posted:

You would be very, very surprised at the number of people who will actually answer "no" to this question.

well here in britain people whimper and compliantly curl up into the fetal position before I even have time to finish making the request

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Yeah, too bad for all the arts of monsters loving regular women, sex orgies, and other weird-rear end sex stuff wedged in there.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

achillesforever6 posted:

I usually agree with Anita says except for what she thought about Mad Max Fury Road where she was reaching about her criticisms about it. Because a movie set in the post apocalyptic raider filled wasteland is going to be violent no matter what you do.

Or was that the other guy who was using her account as a shield to say his dumb opinions.

Yeah you don't actually disagree with Anita, you disagree with Jon.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

natetimm posted:

I think the big outrage was the removal of the variant cover that referenced the killing joke because it was "disempowering" to Batgirl.

It was kind of rapey duder

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

natetimm posted:

pretty much everyone who thought that cover was a good idea was an idiot

"Hey we need a cool variant for the new issue of Batgirl. I know, let's reference the comic where she exists solely to be crippled"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

It was the other guy, he keeps using her account to tweet out the dumbest crap and people nod along because they think Anita's saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

All of the Mad Max and anti-violence stuff is direct quotes from McIntosh's twitter. So I'm going to blame him. Though I have a pre-existing bias of thinking Anita's videos are mostly right but boring, while thinking that McIntosh is human garbage who should be forced to live in a poor house.

• Locked thread