Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Niton posted:

Is its Collectability Value below 1100? Vendors won't take less than that.

I didn't even realize that was a thing, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's annoying as a fisher because like 90% of NQ fish don't have enough collectability, but the remaining 10% do so I can't just release them back. HQ always has enough, though I assume that might be different as a crafter.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

KoB posted:

The 3.0 changes to the base game are very minimal.

You can teleport while on your Chocobo and the XP bonus for leveling more than 1 class has increased, I guess. Skills may have changed slightly.

Speaking as a white mage, you forgot the most important change - you can now buff people still in cinematic intros.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Xavier Woods is a certified cool dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RALkwIcKifs

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mordiceius posted:

Xavier Woods is a certified cool dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RALkwIcKifs

Watching a professional wrestler geek out over being given a King Slime plush is far more :3:-inspiring than I thought it would be.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jia posted:

What am I missing?

Needs to be HQ.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
So to get from 57-58, is it worth doing HLDR or should I be doing those on my 50 classes for XP and just high level dungeons for 57?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

cheetah7071 posted:

Practically nothing at level 50 or lower. Basically the ability to create Au Ra is it. Don't buy Heavensward until you finish the 2.55 story.

They did change all of the story quests to give about a level's worth of XP (I hit level 51 right before I got to the quests that are just an hour of cutscenes), so if you're really sure you're going to get Heavensward, you might want to pick it up early just to save yourself a tiny bit of later grinding. Otherwise, you don't get the XP because your level will be capped.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So if I want to learn how to tank should I start with Paladin or Warrior? Does it matter?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ethiser posted:

So if I want to learn how to tank should I start with Paladin or Warrior? Does it matter?

I've never paladin'ed, but I have a 60 war and a 50 drk. From what I gather, it's easier to paladin in the long run since you press less buttons. If you just want to learn, solo some poo poo with your chocobro. Maybe try to hold hate in some fate parties. Do LLDR with some pubbie shitheads and see how that works out.

I did the trial by fire -- just kept running AK in lovely gear until I learned to improve the hardway. :unsmith:

tl;dr: no it doesn't matter. Just try them both and get good at what you like.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Since I'm leveling my combat class only casually to keep pace with my SO, I figured I'd move on to Crafting/Gathering classes for now.

I never did much of the crafting/gathering grind at 50. I got all my gathering classes to 50 and then never touched them again. And I took my crafting classes to 50, gave them a HQ patricians set, and then never used them but to craft sub-50 items. How hosed am I going to be leveling them?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Since I'm leveling my combat class only casually to keep pace with my SO, I figured I'd move on to Crafting/Gathering classes for now.

I never did much of the crafting/gathering grind at 50. I got all my gathering classes to 50 and then never touched them again. And I took my crafting classes to 50, gave them a HQ patricians set, and then never used them but to craft sub-50 items. How hosed am I going to be leveling them?

Grab the easy catch up gear without materia slots for crafting

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Periodiko posted:

Speaking as a white mage, you forgot the most important change - you can now buff people still in cinematic intros.

Uhhh... I tried that last night and I still can't put protect on someone in a cutscene. At least in the beginning cutscene of a dungeon / trial.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

rock2much posted:

I did the trial by fire -- just kept running AK in lovely gear

If everyone did this, how can you wear it like a badge?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

If everyone did this, how can you wear it like a badge?

What?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

It seems like it takes a long time to raise the beast tribe reps if you can only get 15 rep a day from dailies. Is there something I'm missing?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

It seems like it takes a long time to raise the beast tribe reps if you can only get 15 rep a day. Is there something I'm missing?

Beast tribes are designed to take 30 days to max out with 6 allowances. Sorry.

They upped the allowances recently, so you can do four tribes at once now. That should get four tribes in ~50 days instead of ~100 or whatever if you did them individually.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

cheetah7071 posted:

Beast tribes are designed to take 30 days to max out with 6 allowances. Sorry.

They upped the allowances recently, so you can do four tribes at once now. That should get four tribes in ~50 days instead of ~100 or whatever if you did them individually.

Are there at least cool rewards at the ends (like that mount the one girl was riding with the desert-lizards-I'm-too-:effort:-to-look-up-their-name?)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

Are there at least cool rewards at the ends (like that mount the one girl was riding with the desert-lizards-I'm-too-:effort:-to-look-up-their-name?)

You get a mount and a minion from each one, and a kinda neat I guess glamour hat if you do all of them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

With the exception of the Ixal, all the rep rewards are purely cosmetic, but are very cool (like the bomb palanquin). The Ixal also give gear and materials for crafting, but those are all obsolete now.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Each one sells you a unique mount and pet once you hit max rank. Plus, the Ixali beast tribe quests are good for levelling your crafting classes.

Ethiser posted:

You're going to want to get Gladiator to 22 anyway to get Provoke, which is basically essential to cross-class onto the other tanks, so you'd be as well starting with Paladin. I prefer Warrior, personally, but they're both equally viable.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Once you get *all* of them to max you get to do a super quest where they all team up. Which is great, and I think about 9 people in the planet have seen because you have to level all the tribes and I'm never going to loving do that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

How are the new crafting/gathering leves? I was reading that going from 50-52 is like the big hump that's hard to get past. So I thought it might be easier if I just power through those two levels with leves.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

Once you get *all* of them to max you get to do a super quest where they all team up. Which is great, and I think about 9 people in the planet have seen because you have to level all the tribes and I'm never going to loving do that.

But you get one of the top 5 titles ~The Negotiator~ (only reason I do them occasionally)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What are the other 4 titles?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

What are the other 4 titles?

The Professional
Gentle(wo)man
Z
The Post(wo)man

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

KoB posted:

The Professional
Gentle(wo)man
Z
The Post(wo)man

If you don't have Of Dragon's Deep you're a casual.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I'm rather fond of Nymian Marine despite it not being hard to get at all.

KoB
May 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

If you don't have Of Dragon's Deep you're a casual.

Not everything can be in the top 5.

Im also partial to The Godsbow for some reason.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

HELP

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The Wanderer's Shadow :colbert:

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Pleasantly surprised to find out that Eorzea has always had marriage equality :smug:.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Boogaleeboo posted:

I've done Ixal/Amaljaa, got Sahagin/Sylphs/Kobolds to rank 2 with Kobolds about to hit 3 but I had to give up on the Sylphs. I just couldn't take doing those lovely lovely stealth things anymore. I might slowly do them and skip those ones later on but uuugh.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Elite cascadier or bust :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends I'm thinking of giving this game a shot and I downloaded it and after 30 minutes I still haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail they were supposed to send me and also the actual website is terrible and unhelpful how do I get my code so I can actually (I assume) download the game?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

IcePhoenix posted:

Hello friends I'm thinking of giving this game a shot and I downloaded it and after 30 minutes I still haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail they were supposed to send me and also the actual website is terrible and unhelpful how do I get my code so I can actually (I assume) download the game?

Check your spam folder. Download the client from the lodestone, I think they are all the same.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tenzarin posted:

Check your spam folder. Download the client from the lodestone, I think they are all the same.

It wasn't in my spam folder but I just made a different account using another e-mail and it came through instead. When does it ask me for a friend code to sign up with? I saw the thread in PGS and may as well give a lucky goon some swag if I keep playing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

IcePhoenix posted:

It wasn't in my spam folder but I just made a different account using another e-mail and it came through instead. When does it ask me for a friend code to sign up with? I saw the thread in PGS and may as well give a lucky goon some swag if I keep playing.

You can use your recruitment code, after you enter the FF14 CD key but not after your first free month is up. RAF and the trial are two different things which doesn't make sense as the person getting recruited has to buy the game and doesn't get the trial perks to see if they want to buy the game.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 27, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
KUPO NUTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh, It just directed me to the mog station after I already created an account through the client (because there's nowhere to do it on the main page apparently) and that registered me for the generic free trial so I can't use a RAF code anymore. Sorry unlucky goon!

• Locked thread