Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

So bye, bye, straight American pride
Drove my Chevy to the wedding but the couple was bi
And them straight ol' boys were crying tears from their eye
Singin’ this’ll be the day that I die
This’ll be the day that I die

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

quote:

So bye, bye, straight American pride
Drove my Chevy to the wedding but the couple was bi
And them straight ol' boys were crying tears from their eye
Singin’ this’ll be the day that I die
This’ll be the day that I die
♫ Leather daddy is behind the stove
Gay baker is the maker of gay loaves
'Cause the SCOTUS said so!
Do you believe in lock and load?
Amendment save our immortal soul?
Background checks make my gun buys slow. ♪

:pusheen:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rorus Raz posted:

C'mon, one of you cartoonists has to do a rainbow confederate flag :getin:

I don't think anyone posts a cartoonist leftist enough to criticism racism within the gay community...

Isn't pollution more a violation of nature, not the law of nature?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

:pwn:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

:getin:

Tonight's menu: sour grapes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The SCOTUS decision was worth it even if just for this :iceburn:. Schadenfreude at old bigots' expanse is a good way to end a lovely day on a positive note.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

it's because they see heterosexual marriage as the man taking possession of the woman rather than a partnership, they only acknowledge the man's prerogative and initiative. From that perspective the slippery slope makes sense, since it's only about the man wanting to marry

it is of course a deeply hosed up way to look at marriage

Oh I get that's the traditional Biblical view of marriage but that can be swished away by pointing out all the other insane marriage-related rules the Bible has. Or just the Biblical rules in general that are insane. There is some bonkers poo poo in there. According to the book it's perfectly acceptable for a man to literally sell his daughters and also for a man to force one of his woman slaves to marry him.

Yeah hey let's go back to "traditional life" as defined in the Bible where it's perfectly OK to go smash the closest village apart, kill all the men, and take all the virgin women as your wives. Yup, traditional marriage, violent and literally slavery.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Rorus Raz posted:

This is disappointingly mild. More like a dad joke.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm surprised by how hateful this isn't

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:boom:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The whole theme of McCoy is "well...marriage is that great anyways so bleh!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

All gay people ever wanted was to have the exact same petty domestic grievances as straight people. AGC.

e: it's telling that the one we're apparently supposed to be siding with is the one drinking and smoking and watching TV instead of the one actually contributing to household chores. A glimpse into Glenn McCoy's home life.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
beginning to wonder if cartoonists all have bad marriages

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Glenn McCoy has a poo poo marriage. A Revealing Cartoon.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Twibbit posted:

You raaaang?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twibbit posted:

Duh?

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Rorus Raz posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo it's an Odd Couple reference

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The idea remains that in a gay relationship someone has to be the husband and someone has to be the wife.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

loquacius posted:

All gay people ever wanted was to have the exact same petty domestic grievances as straight people. AGC.

e: it's telling that the one we're apparently supposed to be siding with is the one drinking and smoking and watching TV instead of the one actually contributing to household chores. A glimpse into Glenn McCoy's home life.

It's also telling that his portrayal of gay marriage is two people of the same gender playing out the same gender dynamics as a "traditional" marriage. Reminds me of that lovely joke LGBTQ couples get where someone asks them who's the woman/man in the relationship.

e: Goddammit Samurai Sanders

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

The idea remains that in a gay relationship someone has to be the husband and someone has to be the wife.
I hear it goes on the marriage license. Legally-binding and all that.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Samurai Sanders posted:

He's not going to let a little thing like marriage equality disrupt his patriarchal worldview.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Oh my god someone made a recording!

http://bunnyfan194.tumblr.com/post/122543808140/so-i-saw-this-post

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.

Rorus Raz posted:

They fight just like real people.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's not going to let a little thing like marriage equality disrupt his patriarchal worldview.

And that the wife is a nagging harridan. Can't let that misogyny go.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

I hear it goes on the marriage license. Legally-binding and all that.
Wait, it's still going to be like that, even for gay couples?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think Rorus is joking. At least for some of them, gender neutral forms are being or are already made.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Oh I get that's the traditional Biblical view of marriage but that can be swished away by pointing out all the other insane marriage-related rules the Bible has. Or just the Biblical rules in general that are insane. There is some bonkers poo poo in there. According to the book it's perfectly acceptable for a man to literally sell his daughters and also for a man to force one of his woman slaves to marry him.

Yeah hey let's go back to "traditional life" as defined in the Bible where it's perfectly OK to go smash the closest village apart, kill all the men, and take all the virgin women as your wives. Yup, traditional marriage, violent and literally slavery.

I remember seeing something that was basically a cartoon version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw

Not the same art and there wasn't a complete overlap in source material, but the general idea ("a biblical marriage is between one man, one woman, her sister, the maidservant, and hundreds of concubines, captives, slaves, etc.") was the same.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Cat Mattress posted:

Not the same art and there wasn't a complete overlap in source material, but the general idea ("a biblical marriage is between one man, one woman, her sister, the maidservant, and hundreds of concubines, captives, slaves, etc.") was the same.

Yo.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man all this poo poo is happening at once, I hope the truth bombs Michael Wood is dropping regarding his time in Baltimore Police doesn't get overlooked.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Twibbit posted:

I guess somebody has to be the reason why "The Lockhorns" is still in newspapers despite looking increasingly troublesome with each passing year.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

To this day that's still one of my favorite videos. "I believe in the Biblical definition of one man and one woman" is such bollocks when you look at the Bible. I'm half tempted to just send people a link to that instead of arguing.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Scaramouche posted:

Man all this poo poo is happening at once, I hope the truth bombs Michael Wood is dropping regarding his time in Baltimore Police doesn't get overlooked.

One of the convicts got killed today too... Though really the only thing about that story I care about is seeing how Bad Reporter handles it.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nothing wrong with skeleton marriage.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

The Iron Rose posted:

In fairness to JJ this is literally every single Canadian Cabinet though. There's a convention of ensuring diversity in Cabinet stretching back to when that meant Protestant/Catholic. It's one of the last major restraints on executive power.

Say what you will about JJ but this cartoon isn't wrong at all.
It's also true of Stephan Harper of course. How do you think Bec Oda got her job? It wasn't because of her competence.

Besides every single proposal JJ mentioned would be disastrous if implemented so I'm actually on his side for once. Say what you will about Harper, at least he's not trying to change the first past the post system.

Man, you sure decided to extinguish my newfound goodwill towards you real quick

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Argh this is all over the social media but the third panel kills me.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

SuperHappy posted:

One of the convicts got killed today too... Though really the only thing about that story I care about is seeing how Bad Reporter handles it.

Yeah that's what I mean, we got all this in a fairly short time:
- Confederate symbol revision
- Escaped convict killed
- Supreme court gay marriage/ACA COMBO FATALITY
- French 'terrorist' attack
- Tunisia attack
- Kobane attack
- Kuwait suicide bomb

I'm guessing most of the cartoons will be dealing with the >REAL< news today though:
http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-men-hospitalized-recovering-rare-beaver-attack-202013154.html

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Shadeoses posted:

Nothing wrong with skeleton marriage.

You would say that.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

In Indiana I've seen overseen at least two same sex couples name changes. When filing the paperwork the marriage license had the opposite gender term crossed out in pen and written above it was the opposite. I haven't seen an updated form just yet but after this I'd assume they'd start updating them to gender neutral terms

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Scaramouche posted:

I'm guessing most of the cartoons will be dealing with the >REAL< news today though:
http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-men-hospitalized-recovering-rare-beaver-attack-202013154.html

I was going to make a joke, but turns out there actually is a Wikipedia article detailing the history of beaver attacks, including at least one fatal attack on adult human:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You would say that.

:skeltal:

Wish the skelpop I made was on here :(

• Locked thread