Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really like the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves nod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of Skellige's Most Wanted, if you decide to kill the monsters do you get to kill a Godling?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

RatHat posted:

Speaking of Skellige's Most Wanted, if you decide to kill the monsters do you get to kill a Godling?

She wisely chickens out and runs away.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Spite posted:

from a bit ago, but

Ciri's super powerful and her mother figure is one of the must cunning and powerful people in the world. The ending where Yennifer retires from politics makes no sense given her character, especially if Ciri becomes empress. That would be like Yen's dream job. She gets to be with the only two people she cares about AND rule the world.

Philippa trying to become advisor never made sense to me - I don't see any way Geralt or Yennifer would let her get that close to Ciri. Or that Ciri would trust her at all, since Ciri knows exactly how awful she is.

Of course, given the books I don't think Emhyr would ever leave the throne to her just like that anyway. They just drop the whole "I want my daughter to give birth to my son" thing completely in the game. Do they even mention it? I remember an obtuse reference in a letter from Yennifer, but nothing else.

More ending discussion: Yeah, Yennefer not becoming Ciri's advisor makes little sense, considering she already has a connection to Nilfgaard politics through Emhyr. Philippa was formerly a Northern advisor, so her loyalty would constantly be in question from other nobles.

Also, I think it's kinda silly that Ciri becomes a good Empress because 'she inherited political savvy' from Emhyr, as according to the ending card. I mean, she has absolutely zero political training, no grasp of the economics or legislation that would be required to rule an Empire - one she has never even lived in before, so she wouldn't even have much idea of what the lifestyle and culture would be like (assuming that Nilfgaard and the North are pretty different places).

It would take years of study and training, which she can handle, sure, but during that time Emhyr would still be in charge, and you'd have no idea what kind of subtle brainwashing and manipulation she'd be put through from him, and his court advisors.

Geralt throwing her into the wolf's den of Nilfgaard politics (which, btw, currently has a nobility that ready to revolt), seems a bit irresponsible and out of character. I'd have assumed he'd want to be close by, or have Yen/Triss helping Ciri out with all the scheming, at least until she gets her bearings. I mean, having found the Emperor's lost heir, I'd assume Geralt and Yen would receive some sort of a warm welcome in Nilfgaard. Instead, it's 'bye Daddy, gonna be a princess now, we'll rarely ever see each other again'.

Holy crap that was so many words.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Zakmonster posted:

More ending discussion: Yeah, Yennefer not becoming Ciri's advisor makes little sense, considering she already has a connection to Nilfgaard politics through Emhyr. Philippa was formerly a Northern advisor, so her loyalty would constantly be in question from other nobles.

Also, I think it's kinda silly that Ciri becomes a good Empress because 'she inherited political savvy' from Emhyr, as according to the ending card. I mean, she has absolutely zero political training, no grasp of the economics or legislation that would be required to rule an Empire - one she has never even lived in before, so she wouldn't even have much idea of what the lifestyle and culture would be like (assuming that Nilfgaard and the North are pretty different places).

It would take years of study and training, which she can handle, sure, but during that time Emhyr would still be in charge, and you'd have no idea what kind of subtle brainwashing and manipulation she'd be put through from him, and his court advisors.

Geralt throwing her into the wolf's den of Nilfgaard politics (which, btw, currently has a nobility that ready to revolt), seems a bit irresponsible and out of character. I'd have assumed he'd want to be close by, or have Yen/Triss helping Ciri out with all the scheming, at least until she gets her bearings. I mean, having found the Emperor's lost heir, I'd assume Geralt and Yen would receive some sort of a warm welcome in Nilfgaard. Instead, it's 'bye Daddy, gonna be a princess now, we'll rarely ever see each other again'.

The whole point of Geralt's interactions with Ciri is that she can do just fine without them even amidst some of the most manipulative people on the planet. They sat outside the room, paced, and worried and in the end she apparently surprised Phillipa with how strong willed she is. If Ciri can handle the creme of the Lodge's crop with ease then she won't have any problems being Empress or need to be worried about 'brain washing' from Emhyr. Lack of knowledge and political experience can be corrected with time, but she clearly doesn't need Yen or Geralt as her ever-hovering parents/guardians/advisers.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
help

save me

i'm dying

of poverty

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Scandalous posted:

help

save me

i'm dying

of poverty

Grab swords off of bodies. Sell said swords to swordsmiths. This is basically how I got rich in Witcher 3. It sure wasn't the contracts. Also crafting items are pricey as gently caress.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Scandalous posted:

help

save me

i'm dying

of poverty

Make friends with the bottle exchange hobo north of the Novigrad docks. He pays full price for everything. Sell all your crafting materials you have >5 of except for Dimeritium components.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Grab swords off of bodies. Sell said swords to swordsmiths. This is basically how I got rich in Witcher 3. It sure wasn't the contracts. Also crafting items are pricey as gently caress.
Slap a noonwraith's tits, you're a bigger ragpicker than me!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
just do the witcher contracts, they're fun and pay well early on. Later on you'll be drowning in money.

PS if you're poor I assume you're early in the game, go to novigrad asap and convert your currency at the banker dude (you don't have to do story stuff just because you're there)

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Zakmonster posted:

Ending stuff This is a medieval world we're talking about. Ruling is not merit based. Ciri was raised as princess and future queen of Cintra before it got sacked, so she probably has as much training to rule as any other of the current rulers of the world. Like you mention, Emyhr will still be there to guide her as well, so she's not being thrown to the wolves.

As far the Emperor's "subtle brainwash and manipulation", I'm not sure why everyone thinks Emyhr is going to be a bad influence on Ciri. Even in the books where his original plan is to have a gross incest superbaby with her, Emhyr is ultimately unable to follow through with that plan after he finally meets Ciri face to face. He just allows her to go. Hell, he even spares Geralt and Yennefer for her sake.

In the game itself he makes it clear he absolutely wants Ciri unharmed. He is even willing to endure Geralt's smug rear end snark which would get anyone else executed on the spot, because he knows Geralt is his best chance to find Ciri and keep her safe. Sure Emyhr might be a warmongering expansionist rear end in a top hat of an emperor, but he seems to genuinely care for his daughter and the future of his empire.

Also Ciri herself is also no longer a child and if you got the empress ending instead of her dying it's because Geralt taught her to be confident and stand up for herself. She'll be fine.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Scandalous posted:

help

save me

i'm dying

of poverty

Love that line.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Love that line.
this guy gets it

i've reached the point where i've nothing left to buy so i've taken to dumping piles of powdered precious gems at the feet of every beggar who says this

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Pellisworth posted:

Make friends with the bottle exchange hobo north of the Novigrad docks. He pays full price for everything. Sell all your crafting materials you have >5 of except for Dimeritium components.
:cripes:

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Naw bless their helpful hearts

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

quote:

You'll choke to death on three pounds of steel

Have you tried using Killer Whale to increase your breathing time

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Well well a pauper with a library

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
*farts* HAW HAW HAW HAW

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Anyone who mocks me dies by the sword.

What's cool about the game is near the end, you start accepting the world for how it is. i.e murdering people that get in your way

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
drat YOU'RE UGLY LET'S FINISH THIS

YOU'LL NEVER LEARN

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Scandalous posted:

drat YOU'RE UGLY LET'S FINISH THIS

YOU'LL NEVER LEARN

WHAT NOW YOU PIECE OF FILTH?!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Scandalous posted:

Naw bless their helpful hearts
That too. I was just really amused.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

YOU WITCHFUCKER!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Geralt says this more fighting wildlife than anything else in my game. He really hates animals.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Levantine posted:

Geralt says this more fighting wildlife than anything else in my game. He really hates animals.

Geralt always has at least one white wolf pelt on him at all times. Both for symbolism and for a warning to the rest...they never listen though :(

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

LAYDAYDAY LADADAYDADAYDAY DAAADAAAAADAYDAY

*indescipherable screaming*

Love the soundtrack so much

I miss CAN GURLZ BE WITCHAAZ TWOU? though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VolticSurge posted:

YOU WITCHFUCKER!

guilty as charged?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
"Got their arses whipped like a Novigrad whore!"

"Whaddaya expect? They tried to dance with a witcha'!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Emhyr's voice actor is Charles Dance

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
This drat horse really really hate bridges .
Every. single. race.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"I'm gonna make a slingshot and hunt bears!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Is it true...Nilfgardian women shave their cunnies?"

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Hey I encountered a bug on the PS4 where you can't load your dlc you installed and can't load your saves because of it. Is there a fix?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

Hey I encountered a bug on the PS4 where you can't load your dlc you installed and can't load your saves because of it. Is there a fix?

Yup, buy a PC....BWAHAHAHAHA.

no idea in all seriousness.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
PAM PA RAM
PAM PAM PA RAAAAM

I'm a material girl... and it's a material world

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I finally get patch 1.05 on the PS4 and still can't open that stupid door to the crypt. I'm terribly vexed

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Emhyr chat

Ojetor posted:

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Emyhr is going to be a bad influence on Ciri.

He murdered her mother, burned her homeland to the ground and butchered everyone she'd ever known including the grandmother who raised her, then tried to have her kidnapped so he could force her to marry him and bear a child for him. Even though he ultimately backed off the incest plan, Ciri has ample reason to want him dead, let alone establish any kind of relationship with him. Emhyr is a pretty bad guy.

As far as being safe from Philippa, Philippa was able to enslave a centuries or millenia old gold dragon, one of the smartest and most powerful creatures in the world. Ciri might be able to stand up to her, but she wouldn't for a second be safe from Philippa's less verbal manipulations. Having no eyes and no backup with the lodge broken ties her hands somewhat, but Philippa's a pretty terrifying figure.

Crigit fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 27, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Finally finished it.

The last few battles were really easy, even on Death March, but drat was it fun to play as Super Saiyan Ciri, cleaving everything in half with little to no issue on her way to destroy the mage's staff. Ending was satisfying, too.

It's kind of a shame to learn that Nilfgaard won the war because I couldn't bring myself to betray Roche and Ves, but y'know, I'll settle for a semi-free Temeria and knowing I didn't leave a couple of remarkably loyal friends to get murdered by a suddenly completely idiotic Dijkstra.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Harrow posted:

It's kind of a shame to learn that Nilfgaard won the war because I couldn't bring myself to betray Roche and Ves, but y'know, I'll settle for a semi-free Temeria and knowing I didn't leave a couple of remarkably loyal friends to get murdered by a suddenly completely idiotic Dijkstra.

Yeah, this was the most baffling part for me toward the end game. Just seemed so bizarre to make Djikstra turn on them INSTANTLY. You'd think he would at least try to get them to go along with it. But no, apparently in the end he's Ocelot. "I tricked you! This was a part of my plan all along! Now to finish you!"

I would apologize for the misunderstanding, but I'm not sure which half to apologize to. The one with more of his head I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

"Is it true what they say... witcher's can't catch the pox?"

For those of you who are not into history, the guy is asking about great pox.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 27, 2015