Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

demonR6 posted:

My friends.. this is how you Atago! Banzai!!!!

Yes, this is a full-size screencap.

Dang, she a beauty.

I wish I had money to blow on this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

OSad posted:

Dang, she a beauty.

I wish I had money to blow on this game.

I think that is the gold from the Humble Bundle they hosed up for everyone. I received 11500 gold from thin air, no ship or slots. If I don't like it, I get it all back when the live happens.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I dont think there's gonna be a reset when it goes from open to live. Have they said there will be one?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
There won't be any more wipes between OBT and live.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Murmansk just showed up in my port between battles with a 3 skill point captain. I guess they are having to give them out manually.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

demonR6 posted:

My friends.. this is how you Atago! Banzai!!!!

Yes, this is a full-size screencap.

Triple 1600p?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So... something in this screen is lying. Or there's some serious math fail.

Also, you can actually get the prem consumables for silver! Just get into the menu and click here:

Prices are the same at any tier, 15 gold or 22.5k silver per match.

Also, I seem to somehow be doing kinda decent with the freakin' Kawachi of all things. Citadel-ing cruisers including the St. Louis is actually possible with this shitbarge if you fire from beyond 7km to get the shells to arrive in an arc.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

I have a rig that can run boats on max in 4k but the interface resolution becomes microscopic. :saddowns:

Also, do any of you duders have advice/strategies on how to spend gold / free xp? I don't trust myself with something that I can slippery-slope all of my disposable income away on. :shobon:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
- Never convert gold into silver.
- Never buy consumables for gold.
- Buying a decent high-tier prem ship is a good long-term silver income source.
- Buy extra slots as you need or want them when they're discounted.
- Prem account is good if you take at least a week and know that you'll be playing a lot.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Yeah, a good premium and prem account for when you're grinding are the big difference makers.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
And buying slots when they discount is good. I know you want to keep that sexy St. Louis (who doesn't, only plebs hate the st louis), but just sell it for now and rebuy it once the slots go on sale. That is, unless you're fine not doing CVs, which is totally ok and you shouldn't feel bad, in fact, you should feel good.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

xthetenth posted:

Triple 1600p?

si!also I was able to run botes and armored warfare earlier playing them at the same time. it was glorious. one per screen though.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 27, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Getting killed by pubbies in Murmansk because they poop torps right behind me and:argh:

And yes Wargaming should give all the xp they earnt to me

Aesis fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 27, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hazdoc posted:

And buying slots when they discount is good. I know you want to keep that sexy St. Louis (who doesn't, only plebs hate the st louis), but just sell it for now and rebuy it once the slots go on sale. That is, unless you're fine not doing CVs, which is totally ok and you shouldn't feel bad, in fact, you should feel good.

Of course, slots are discounted until Monday now.

Also, I kind of wish the gold Repair Party came with an extra charge over a 40s cooldown reduction.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hey a murmansk showed up.. now where did the 11500 gold come from earlier?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Of course, slots are discounted until Monday now.

they were supposed to be half price as part of a 2x weekend special but wg canceled that

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Jack_tripper posted:

they were supposed to be half price as part of a 2x weekend special but wg canceled that

...well, that sucks. =/

But given that they probably just gave out thousands of ships they didn't intend on giving out...it's kind of understandable.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

...well, that sucks. =/

oh well, at least there's a 3x weekend special in wot...where gold and free experience is screwed up for half the server...and you can't research new tanks or mods with free xp...and also if you have accumulated xp and wouldn't need to use free xp

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I guess it comes down to crew training and the fact that the Japanese have ships worth playing on all lines, whereas the US really just have cruisers, carriers, and good battleships only when you hit T8+.

The US destroyers are great, but I can totally understand if they don't appeal to everyone. I burned through all my free xp at the end and got the Fletcher, and it was amazing. :allears:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Magni posted:

So... something in this screen is lying. Or there's some serious math fail.

Did you finish some missions that give credits? IIRC it's factored into that number without any actual indication because :wargaming:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
So my credits went from 1 mil last night to 3 mil today? I'm not gonna complain, but that's odd.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hacks

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I like how the Arkansas has absolutely no AA whatsoever but is in a tier where it might go up against Tier 5 carriers.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Had fun mostly running into islands and getting torpedo rammed or 5v1 Brazzers'd with some of you tonight, think I'm going to probably run destroyers up to the Fletcher because

El Disco posted:

it was amazing. :allears:

I also need to remember to look to my 4 and 8 for friendlies before I start vomiting Torps from now on.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

El Disco posted:

Got burned out on all that poopsocking Mr. +7? :smugbert:

Not really. I only ever made it to T8, and didn't see the point in trying to get higher at that point, because I figured it would burn me out before the reset, which is probably would have.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I'm burned out already. Slow grind to Cleveland, got about 55k more xp to go :(

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ArchangeI posted:

I like how the Arkansas has absolutely no AA whatsoever but is in a tier where it might go up against Tier 5 carriers.

It's cool, you can just hang around cruisers that can outpace you...and just get *closer* to the enemy! This is a team-based game - your teammates are *always* happy to provide you with AA coverage!

Ideally, you should be able to upgrade your ship with additional Bofors mounts if it has the *space* for them.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 27, 2015

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Who ever designed the Tenryu need to be sent to some siberian gulag.
A giant destroyer full of paper thin citadel, sure :marc:

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

So my credits went from 1 mil last night to 3 mil today? I'm not gonna complain, but that's odd.

You get 2 million credits for making level 8, perhaps that was it?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Really hating Sims because gently caress it gets detected from so far, smoke doesn't really help and you need to be within 2 km to have chance with torps. Not to mention getting crit hit to engine/turrets from single shell and becoming sitting duck. Speed doesn't help at all.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Sheep posted:

You get 2 million credits for making level 8, perhaps that was it?

Did they introduce account level 8? What do you unlock then? Flags is 7 if I remember correct...

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Aesis posted:

Really hating Sims because gently caress it gets detected from so far, smoke doesn't really help and you need to be within 2 km to have chance with torps. Not to mention getting crit hit to engine/turrets from single shell and becoming sitting duck. Speed doesn't help at all.

You can murder any destroyer that spot you though, so that's something.

As for the tank, I had one Sims tanking 6 305mm HE from my Wyoming and he kept spamming nasty torps.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Dunno-Lars posted:

Did they introduce account level 8? What do you unlock then? Flags is 7 if I remember correct...

Ship camouflage for 8000 or 12000 credits.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Just got into my Omaha after grinding pubbies and trying to teach a friend how to not die and kill lots of things. 80k Exp to go.

Edit: My friend is a pubbie. :smithicide:

Krataar fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 27, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Krogort posted:

You can murder any destroyer that spot you though, so that's something.

As for the tank, I had one Sims tanking 6 305mm HE from my Wyoming and he kept spamming nasty torps.
Only if you somehow don't lose turrets to crit hit :psyduck:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Krogort posted:

drat Wargaming, as if tripling the XP cost of everything wasn't enough, they halso nerfed the XP reward by a good half.
The grind to decent ships will be awful and I will probably burnout from this game before I reach T7.

Knew this was coming but it's still disappointing. Don't want to play a WoT grind. :sigh:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Berious posted:

Knew this was coming but it's still disappointing. Don't want to play a WoT grind. :sigh:

You're in luck, this isn't a WoT grind it's probably twice as bad

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

James Garfield posted:

You're in luck, this isn't a WoT grind it's probably twice as bad

I didn't have premium in closed beta and averaged about 1350xp per battle.
I now have premium and average about 850xp per battle.

Am I bad or did everyone experience similar results ?

Krogort fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 27, 2015

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Krogort posted:

I didn't have premium in closed beta and averaged about 1350xp per battle.
I now have premium and average about 850xp per battle.

Am I bad or did everyone experience similar results ?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Need 5.2k xp for Omaha hull and 36.5k xp for Cleveland, except I'm getting 1~2k xp on average with Sims + premium. :(

e: 1.1k base xp loss with Murmansk, 65k damage. This blows. And it took 15 minutes :argh:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 27, 2015