Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ElMaligno posted:

and a reply:

lol

"not meant to be sexed" - this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

noirstronaut posted:

"not meant to be sexed" - this thread

this is just in, skuids hugging = sexing. Thanks internet comedy forum posted noirstronaut!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Carbon roller is weird

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ElMaligno posted:

this is just in, skuids hugging = sexing. Thanks internet comedy forum posted noirstronaut!

um sexed = to be asigned a sex and they have been aigsned two different ones in the post

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Carbon roller is weird

I kinda... like it? I need to play with it for a bit...

noirstronaut posted:

um sexed = to be asigned a sex and they have been aigsned two different ones in the post

u cheecky litlle oval office

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Just tried the Carbon Roller in the test area, Go luck splatting people. You might want to throw a balloon first.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jarogue posted:

Just tried the Carbon Roller in the test area, Go luck splatting people. You might want to throw a balloon first.

The ink flick at close range (or dropping the roller on them on the downswing) is still a splat.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Squid kid photos incoming.

GS M@

Bread, warming up for a big game.

LethalGeek

Bob-o

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
all squid people look the same

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

noirstronaut posted:

all squid people look the same

speciesist

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

going from dynamo roller to carbon roller isn't the greatest idea

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
I made this dumb thing with what little I remember of Photoshop.

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1
Odds 807.1:1 ($1)
In trying out the Custom Dual Squelcher, I've finally used a weapon that has Squid Beakons. I don't think I can ever go back to not having those now. They're just so good to have in ranked.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

For the record that's my chill outfit not my work outfit

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

For the record that's my chill outfit not my work outfit

You owned me a lot :(((((

v rude

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan's next Splatfest has been revealed: udon vs. soba, or more specifically, Akai Kitsune (udon) vs. Midori no Tanuki (soba). Product placement! https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/614617158811684864

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I hope this means the next US Splatfest is Pizza Hut Hot Dog Pizza vs. Hardees Hot Dog Burger.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's next Splatfest has been revealed: udon vs. soba, or more specifically, Akai Kitsune (udon) vs. Midori no Tanuki (soba). Product placement! https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/614617158811684864

Tanuki Soba all the way.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Come on Waffle vs Pancakes for the US.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I like soba more than udon but I've never had that brand so for all I know their Soba tastes like balls.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Nintendo product placement, eh?

Vlasic Pickles vs. Duracell Batteries

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wait, already? They get two because the first one was busted, but they get to keep the shells? WHAT THE HELL nah it's cool though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos vs Nacho Cheesier Doritos Locos Tacos.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Jsor posted:

I like soba more than udon but I've never had that brand so for all I know their Soba tastes like balls.

It's been awhile since I've had Maruchan anything, but from what I recall I didn't like either of them. But given the choice I would go udon because I like thicker noodles. But unlike Bread Vs. Rice, I'm indifferent on this one :shrug:.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft Xbox vs Sony Playstation

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Played with the Carbon Roller a bit. It's an insanely jarring change from the Dynamo Roller I use all the time. It has basically no range and you actually bounce off of enemies when you roll into them. I'm not really sure this fits my playstyle at all, but it has me very curious for the Carbon Roller Deco that will come out eventually with seekers and seeker rush.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The carbon roller makes me wish I either had the speed and splash coverage of the inkbrush, or the power of a standard roller. It feels kinda like an unhappy medium, and I'm not too hot on the sub/special either.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Carbon roller is probably the worst weapon in the game golly

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

mastajake posted:

Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos vs Nacho Cheesier Doritos Locos Tacos.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'd still rather use a carbon roller over an inkbrush

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I want the next NA Splatfest to be Dunkin Donuts vs Tim Hortons, make it happen Nintendo.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Super Mario Bros cereal vs. Legend of Zelda cereal.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the further you go down the roller power spectrum, the worse they get

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nintendo had the brilliant design move to make the basic roller and splattershot jr the first weapons you can get, giving newer players the best weapons to have an easy time, and giving higher level players intentionally weaker weapons to challenge themselves.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Carbon roller is probably the worst weapon in the game golly

People have said this about every new weapon that wasn't a regular shooter :v:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Can't wait for a Roller with Bubbler.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Jarogue posted:

Can't wait for a Roller with Bubbler.

The Krak-On Roller?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Akarshi posted:

The Krak-On Roller?

It doesn't paint as well when your a Kraken.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Jarogue posted:

It doesn't paint as well when your a Kraken.

tbh I feel like roller + bubbler isn't a super great combination because people can push you away pretty easily by shooting at you, and other than splashing you don't get much range. I'm mainly just envisioning playing as a roller, popping bubbler, and running in place as people shoot you. Maybe I'm imagining it wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dynamo roller with a bubbler could be deadly in the right hands.

• Locked thread