Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

For whatever reason, I'm suddenly terrible at everything other than my South Carolina. I've had nothing but good wins in it tonight while blowing rear end in my Wickes and St. Louis. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Same. Last night I was rocking with Sims, today I'm getting spotted from 12 km out and getting engine/turret crit non-stop :argh:

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

My problem is mostly that the pubs are just always, always clumped together. It makes it really hard to get in gun range without getting eviscerated by the entire pub team. :(

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Is there still a wipe to come?

I've not played in a month or so, I'm aware that there was a patch to bring in the full exp grind of the open release, I just figured I couldn't be bothered with all that unless my progress is also getting saved.

I'm not doing a full grind in a WG game unless my progress is staying!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Server down? I can't log in.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

seems like normal 4am pdt maintenance to me

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tindahbawx posted:

Is there still a wipe to come?

No

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Can we change the thread title to "No more wipes"? tia

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Got my Murmansk back, but no surprise gold :(

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
Wow, the Atago is good and fun :)

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
That is an incredible amount of citadel hits, what were you shooting at?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
We had a great night playing a division. Prior to this I had an abysmal 31% w/r, afterwards 62%. Testament to good teamwork and communication usually wins games. Unless the other 12 drooling morlocks can't pull an ounce of their weight which happened a few times. But three St Lou's working in a coordinated attack owns bones.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Krogort posted:

My guess is that since there's almost no one at a natural T8 yet, Atagos are getting to seal club the gently caress out of everything since they're almost always guaranteed top tier.

Also, it's complete loving horseshit that you can't add on Bofors mounts to the Arkansas to give it rudimentary AAA. I see room for at least ten that wouldn't obscure a gun's traverse, which would bring it in line with the Wyoming refit's 13.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 27, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I swear something is wrong with Sims concealment. I'm constantly getting spotted from 10+ km even when doing absolutely nothing. It's annoying because being spotted even once gives enemy time to prepare against me, and I just end up pea shooting.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Also, you kind of have to :smith: a bit on how the pre-order ships come with bone-stock captains, but the Murmansk, Arkansas, and Iwaki come with +3s. Doesn't really make sense seeing as the Grem, Sims, and Yubari were all paid for with money, while the other three were (mostly) free.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 1 and 4pt secondary armament skill affects main battery guns, ie the Cleveland? Because loving lol if they do.

Or particularly the Atlanta. Stack that with the RoF equipment (if possible) :xd:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

TehKeen posted:

secondary armament skill affects main battery guns

:raise:
Take a wild guess.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Here is a couple of replays and a small clip of what concentrated fire does which pubbies don't seem to grasp 99% of the time. Driving around aimlessly flailing your arms is much more easy I guess?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

Here is a couple of replays and a small clip of what concentrated fire does which pubbies don't seem to grasp 99% of the time. Driving around aimlessly flailing your arms is much more easy I guess?

"I'm great at this game, it's just that my team is always full of shitheads who manage to lose out from under my loving magnificence." x 14

I consider it a minor miracle I was able to pull out a solopub winrate of ~43% in the small amount (like 110) games I played. Oh, and 110 games got me a +5 captain for my T1 ships. Just to give Wargaming a nosebleed, we should all ~collectively demand~ that when they add new lines, we want the same number of magic points for the T1 ship captain for every new national line introduced.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 27, 2015

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Aesis posted:

I swear something is wrong with Sims concealment. I'm constantly getting spotted from 10+ km even when doing absolutely nothing. It's annoying because being spotted even once gives enemy time to prepare against me, and I just end up pea shooting.

Not sure if you play more DDs but I sometimes get spotted in my USN DD by slightly more sneaky IJN DDs or other things, it can lead to confusion as to why you're getting spotted by the closest thing you can actually see, which could be 10km away.

Also please change thread title to something about no more wipes!

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, you kind of have to :smith: a bit on how the pre-order ships come with bone-stock captains, but the Murmansk, Arkansas, and Iwaki come with +3s. Doesn't really make sense seeing as the Grem, Sims, and Yubari were all paid for with money, while the other three were (mostly) free.

You can buy a 3pts captain for 25 gold.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

texasmed posted:

Not sure if you play more DDs but I sometimes get spotted in my USN DD by slightly more sneaky IJN DDs or other things, it can lead to confusion as to why you're getting spotted by the closest thing you can actually see, which could be 10km away.

Also please change thread title to something about no more wipes!
There were no DDs around because they were all dead. I got spotted by Atago at 12 km when it was 1v1, and I couldn't even chase nor outrun it.

I'm more concerned about AP shells doing 0 crit tbh. Penetrated Phoenix 30+ times to citadel at 5 km with Arkansas for 0 crit. He did about 40k dmg to me just spamming HE setting me on fire nonstop while I did like 10k damage top so go figure.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"I'm great at this game, it's just that my team is always full of shitheads who manage to lose out from under my loving magnificence." x 14

It's amazing what simply being on the same TS so you can transparently share targets to focus on can do. It is such a force multiplier it is insane, also those games loving owned Demon.

yomisei
Mar 18, 2011
Well, the CBT ship certainly isn't overpowered. Fired two salvos, instagibbed two cruisers with 2/3 citadel hits, cruised around 10 minutes doing nothing. :shrug:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

yomisei posted:

Well, the CBT ship certainly isn't overpowered. Fired two salvos, instagibbed two cruisers with 2/3 citadel hits, cruised around 10 minutes doing nothing. :shrug:
Was capping and scouting with Sims, Got hit by 1 HE shell, insta explosion. Totally not overpowered.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

orange juche posted:

It's amazing what simply being on the same TS so you can transparently share targets to focus on can do. It is such a force multiplier it is insane, also those games loving owned Demon.

Yeah I was watching some of the replays trying to find that clip where we mauled that one St Lou as it rounded the island.. there were a lot of good focus fire examples in the bunch. But yeah, at higher tiers it really can be a game changer. I'll be on later tonight, about to go out on a day trip with waifu so she won't give me aggro in exchange later.

The moral of the story, don't try to do this alone. We have a TS server for that reason.. so we can poo poo on the less fortunate at every opportunity with no regrets. Own the seas.

Also spam "Allahu Ackbar!" After every kill you score. If your div guys can chime in with "Another infidel is sent to the bottom of the sea!" "Praise the mujaheddin, victors over the seas!" then maximum effect achieved.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

demonR6 posted:

Also spam "Allahu Ackbar!" After every kill you score. If your div guys can chime in with "Another infidel is sent to the bottom of the sea!" "Praise the mujaheddin, victors over the seas!" then maximum effect achieved.

Unfortunately you were doing that in team chat in the game I was in, took away from the effect.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

The Atlanta is currently a murder machine as everyone forgot what it can do and the Atago is the new ship of my heart as it's just beautiful and deadly.

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero

Krogort posted:

Other Atagos mostly. The teams combined had 3 Warspites, 4 or 5 Sims, one Atlanta and the rest was all Atagos. Me and Burt carried the shitlords with our Atago division :)

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, uh... remember how the Kawachi is a piece of junk? Well. This just happened. :stare:

Is it supposed to do that? :stonklol:

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Michaellaneous posted:

:raise:
Take a wild guess.

counterpoints: a) it's wargaming and b) I think it literally says "guns up to 155mm" soooo

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
They nerfed lower tier xp gain so much. Doing 45k damage + 4 X Defended Base and bunch of fire + crit with Murmansk and I only got 762 base xp on loss.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

TehKeen posted:

counterpoints: a) it's wargaming and b) I think it literally says "guns up to 155mm" soooo

The first tier one works for sure, I tested it on my gremy. 4.5s reload!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Magni posted:

Is it supposed to do that? :stonklol:

I just took my Kawachi out, and at a range of 700m it fired a 6 shell salvo at a destroyer with 3 falling short and 3 overshooting.

So no, it's not supposed to do that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
How many points does a max-level captain get?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
19 IIRC.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
70k damage with Arkansas and only 700 base xp on loss :negative:

On the other hand I got Cleveland now :getin: Just need to get it fully upgraded which is another 22.5k xp.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vorkosigan posted:

Unfortunately you were doing that in team chat in the game I was in, took away from the effect.

Was I solo in that one? I remember making a few dry runs where it was not in global.

I never got to take out my Atago yesterday because the guys did not have a t8 and I didn't want to solopub. A horrific loss first time out is not fun.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Is the WoWs premium store just perma down or something?

Also, there is no way Carriers stay like this after OBT launch. Tier 3-5 BB's just get WRECKED by all those Tier 4 carrier torpedo bombers and the average bad pubbie who cannot even comprehend turning into a flight of torpedo bombers is going to get slaughtered. Previously it was not that bad because you got to tier 5/6 AA having BB's quickly but now Joe Windowlicker is going to be stuck in that Wyoming for game after game and its going to be brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

cheese posted:

Is the WoWs premium store just perma down or something?

Also, there is no way Carriers stay like this after OBT launch. Tier 3-5 BB's just get WRECKED by all those Tier 4 carrier torpedo bombers and the average bad pubbie who cannot even comprehend turning into a flight of torpedo bombers is going to get slaughtered. Previously it was not that bad because you got to tier 5/6 AA having BB's quickly but now Joe Windowlicker is going to be stuck in that Wyoming for game after game and its going to be brutal.

Don't worry, noted point defense bastions Kuma and Phoenix will support the battleships with AA fire