Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
What is wrong with me, I'm already getting all stat-obsessed. I am admittedly on a kind of crazy stream of wins, but it can't possibly last and isn't really my doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
drat, a New Mexico and Farragut in this game. Jesus that's a lot of grinding in two days.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In many respects WoWs is worse than Tanks, because while obsessive compulsives who do the exact same thing on each map no matter the ship or the opposition or the situation exist in both, when those morons do it in botes the movement is so slow that there is zero hope for recovery. Add that to the inability for a ship to carry hard because there's no armour bouncing and hull down, and this game is loving mental, I'm not grinding out that much xp.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

World of Forumships is currently more appealing than World of Grindships to me.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I don't mind the grind at all, so far. I may change my mind once I hit some bad ships, but the IJN cruisers don't really have any stinkers, and I'm having a blast in the Kuma.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Man pubbies are beyond loving terrible at this game. I'm utterly abysmal at torpedoing stuff too.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Jesus christ this game is loving unwinnable solo. Every game half of my 'team' sits out of draw range until A) all three points are capped, B) the only point is 75% capped, C) 70% of the team is dead, or D) some horrific combination of the above. I can't even imagine how bad it will be when actual noobs start playing.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, last game with the Kawachi to get the Myogi unlocked:

Confederate and Dreadnought. :stare: Hell of a sendoff.

First match in the stock Myogi? Defeat in a tier 7 match. Nuked an Atlanta, a Sims and a Furutaka. Almost 180k profit, 1k base xp.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Low tier pubbies have either forgotten how to play the game or are just utter retards, tiers 1-3 involve all the BBs sitting in a corner and "sniping" while the cruisers just charge about like headless chickens. A 3 cruiser division will just utterly rape poo poo in these tiers.

I like this game but I seriously am thinking of taking a 2 week break while everyone gets the loving retard dumb fuckedness out their system.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."

Velius posted:

What is wrong with me, I'm already getting all stat-obsessed. I am admittedly on a kind of crazy stream of wins, but it can't possibly last and isn't really my doing.

Ha! Sucks to be you, my winrate is like 40% and I just don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

RennZero posted:

Ha! Sucks to be you, my winrate is like 40% and I just don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

In 25 battles I have 22 wins (all solo pubbing) I feel like I'm being set up for some sort of mammoth karmic retribution.

Velius fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 27, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Cleveland fully upgraded! Now to take break :unsmith:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Sorry if this was brought up before, but why are WoT/WoWP(lol)/WoWS goons using TS now instead of the old mumble server? Did CTS close down (I can't even remember if we used CTS back in the day)?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Not but WoT goons felt special because they are idiots and are sepcial snowflakes and decided to make their own TS server. And then WoWs goons decided to use that one as well.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Burt posted:

Low tier pubbies have either forgotten how to play the game or are just utter retards, tiers 1-3 involve all the BBs sitting in a corner and "sniping" while the cruisers just charge about like headless chickens. A 3 cruiser division will just utterly rape poo poo in these tiers.

Both of the tier 3 battleships are awful and nearly unplayable, trying desperately to snipe things is the only thing a South Carolina can do. The Kawachi can't outrange anything, the South Carolina can be penned by destroyers shooting AP, and they're both slow and whale-like in their turn speed.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Velius posted:

In 25 battles I have 22 wins (all solo pubbing) I feel like I'm being set up for some sort of mammoth karmic retribution.

I have 12 in 24, it's kind of annoying, but I suppose it could be a lot worse.

Finally got T3 in both cruiser and DD lines. Feels like it took a lot more than 24 games, my perception of how much I've played this is strange.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Is the Ishizuchi any good? It says it's a proto-Kongo, so that sounds like it should be good.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Artless Meat posted:

Is the Ishizuchi any good? It says it's a proto-Kongo, so that sounds like it should be good.

Five 12" turrets, 13 km range, 28 knot speed, big turning circle, 17 second rudder shift.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 27, 2015

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

Just joined the TS, how do I get to playing botes with other goons?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

ElectricHeir posted:

Just joined the TS, how do I get to playing botes with other goons?

I don't see anyone with your name online. Just sit in the lobby and a goon will eventually, maybe, auth you to join the wows channels.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

playing solo with a great 45% WR :(

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ArchangeI posted:

Don't worry, noted point defense bastions Kuma and Phoenix will support the battleships with AA fire

Because this is a *team-based* game. :v:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
The Yubari has good Tier 4 AA. That's... about it. The Myogi (T4) only gets AA turrets on its final hull, it has literally 0 AA until that point. I think its the same with the Kongo.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
'Poi' still kicks up an amazing anthill.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

Not but WoT goons felt special because they are idiots and are sepcial snowflakes and decided to make their own TS server. And then WoWs goons decided to use that one as well.

Thanks for the candid feedback..

When the old TS server we were using shut down unexplained I took it upon myself to re-purpose a TS server I had for my old clan that had recently folded (not by Hellasu's hand) and said I would let anyone who wanted to use it. I had it paid in advance for a year so it was no big deal. I offered to switch it to a Mumble but there was a wholesale revolt from people because they did not want a Mumble server, passwords or anything else for that matter because :goons: but whatever right?

I appreciate your kind words because idiot and snowflake suit me so well.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Is it just me or is the Myogi now actually kinda decent? Sure, it lacks firepower, but fully upgraded you get like 18km range with acceptable acurracy for a tier 4 ship on a plattform pushing 30 knots. She rips cruisers up and can dance at long range agaisnt fat american BBs that never score any real hits agianst her from that distance. Launch the spotter plane and you can do hilarious things - my first meeting with a Langley saw me fire a 20km salvo at him (he was parked stationary behind an island and spotted by someone else) - at that edge of the range, they come down drat near vertically and three of them smashed through his flight deck into the citadel. Looked like god hit his personal smite button.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

demonR6 posted:

TS Stuff.

Also, Mumble sucks.

Thanks for the TS server.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I wish I'd had replays.

A pubbie on my team got mad. I put minor pressure on him and said he couldn't drive to the lofty standards of tier two and he flipped the gently caress out. The best was when I pointed out you could report someone for playing poorly and that they'd made that option specifically for him.

He waited until after wishing my mom was dead, wishing that someone would murder her, said he'd love to kill me and that people like me belong in ovens before he cottoned on to the fact that he should pretend not to be mad. Then someone told him he was mad and should be glad instead and I reminded him that Glad can take out the trash unlike him.

Good times. I think I know why Shanky's chatbanned now, his material gets good results.

Edit: here's the start:

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 28, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

xthetenth posted:

I wish I'd had replays.

A pubbie on my team got mad. I put minor pressure on him and said he couldn't drive to the lofty standards of tier two and he flipped the gently caress out. The best was when I pointed out you could report someone for playing poorly and that they'd made that option specifically for him.

He waited until after wishing my mom was dead, wishing that someone would murder her, said he'd love to kill me and that people like me belong in ovens before he cottoned on to the fact that he should pretend not to be mad. Then someone told him he was mad and should be glad instead and I reminded him that Glad can take out the trash unlike him.

Good times. I think I know why Shanky's chatbanned now, his material gets good results.

What was his user name.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

James Garfield posted:

What was his user name.

Notung.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

xthetenth posted:

I wish I'd had replays.

I put the instructions to enable replays in the OP broski.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I know. On the other hand I'm lazy and how was I to know the best pubbie explosion of my life was going to happen.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.
Hi. I'm sorry if it's already been answered but if I wanted to buy a fun ship to print credits in, which one should I get? I've only started playing Warships today and I'm only beginning to learn how to left-click.

Thanks.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Do not buy one if you are just starting. Try the different ship types to see what you like and check your tolerance for the grind. If you find a ship you really enjoy, ask the thread about it again and they can recommend a premium with a similar playstyle.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.

grrarg posted:

Do not buy one if you are just starting. Try the different ship types to see what you like and check your tolerance for the grind. If you find a ship you really enjoy, ask the thread about it again and they can recommend a premium with a similar playstyle.

While I appreciate the time you took to write a reply, this is not what I asked about and I'm (usually) not a pubbie. In tanks I bought a premium tier 8 on my first day because I enjoyed playing and 29K games later, with 31 tier X tanks in my garage, I wouldn't do anything different.

If I wanted to get someone's opinion on whether to buy a ship vs. not, I'd phrase my question differently. Thanks.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Unexpected posted:

Hi. I'm sorry if it's already been answered but if I wanted to buy a fun ship to print credits in, which one should I get? I've only started playing Warships today and I'm only beginning to learn how to left-click.

Thanks.

Murmansk is pretty good for credit farming right now because everyone's in low tier poo poo that sucks but you kinda missed the boat on that one unless someone has an extra code.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Unexpected posted:

While I appreciate the time you took to write a reply, this is not what I asked about and I'm (usually) not a pubbie. In tanks I bought a premium tier 8 on my first day because I enjoyed playing and 29K games later, with 31 tier X tanks in my garage, I wouldn't do anything different.

If I wanted to get someone's opinion on whether to buy a ship vs. not, I'd phrase my question differently. Thanks.

lol

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Unexpected posted:

Thanks.

Atago or Atlanta is your best bet currently.
(i'd say Atago is better)

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.

ohsosad posted:

Atago or Atlanta is your best bet currently.
(i'd say Atago is better)

It's so pretty too. Thank you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
You know what sucks about Cleveland? Every pubbie shoots you because they're jealous :v: