Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
For anyone that could be interested, Giant Bomb posted an hour long interview with one of the designers of Shattered Memories. It's mostly about his new game, Her Story, but it does touch on Shattered Memories a few times. Nothing spoilery that I noticed, but there are some real insights into why the game is the way it is. Also, it's just a really interesting interview in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ride to Hell is amazing. The game is falling apart before our very eyes.

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
drat, it's a shame that Colt got taken down so quickly. If you can get close enough to him, he'll show you some of his fancy gunslinging moves.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

bumble posted:

drat, it's a shame that Colt got taken down so quickly. If you can get close enough to him, he'll show you some of his fancy gunslinging moves.

He's pretty good. :ocelot:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

bumble posted:

This game is a gift that keeps on giving. :allears:

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I don't know anything about Ride To Hell and haven't watched the LP yet. Is it self-aware?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

goldblums eyes posted:

I don't know anything about Ride To Hell and haven't watched the LP yet. Is it self-aware?

If you mean "Did it gain sentience?", possibly.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
The Zaibatsu are playing through a game that analyzes your psyche as you play to make your worst nightmares come to life in real time. They're also playing a Silent Hill game.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

goldblums eyes posted:

You'd be hard pressed to find a game with a greater gap between level of quality and level of sincerity (each hovering around a 1 and a 10, respectively)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ride to Hell wears its name quite well.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ride to Hell is The Room of video games.

People will claim it's intentionally bad.

These people are liars.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
It's so obvious that everything in ride to hell was sposed to be part of this open world game but it was left unfinished and just shoehorned into this weird mess

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just watched Liam, Matt, Woolie and someone's lady casually stroll in front of me :swoon:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

beep by grandpa posted:

Just watched Liam, Matt, Woolie and someone's lady casually stroll in front of me :swoon:

You should've taken a creepy picture of them eating.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

FauxGateau posted:

You should've taken a creepy picture of them eating.

should've gone far and above and just followed them like a nerd paparazzi

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:
You should have tagged along uninvited, making awkward small talk peppered with some classic jokes so they knew you were a super-fan.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SkeletonHero posted:

You should have tagged along uninvited, making awkward small talk peppered with some classic jokes so they knew you were a super-fan.

Please don't reveal my strategies for when I go hang with the Game Grumps.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you threw a rock at Matt, Pat would pop out of the bushes and then you could complete your Pokédex.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Street Fighter viewing was great- lots of technical difficulties with the projector at the beginning but Matt entertained us well and said we had all night to get it going since they were the final panel of the night :cheers:

Great loving show they put on, we watched the episode Bison's "YES! YES!" is from, and second episode was a reimagining of Final Fight's plot but with Street Fighter characters. Ken and Ryu joined Mad Gear and juggled grenades at a dude. It was hard to hear Liam tho.

This was my first con so it took some getting used to every attendee there constantly yelling unfunny memes/internet terms/YouTube poo poo at each other non-stop. My contribution was yelling at Woolie to turn off F.lux, which was popping pretty hard at that hour- Woolie threw me a nod and a "good call" :c00l:

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

If I saw a best friend in person I'd trade my boner for more time on the cock

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I'm a fat gently caress with no food in my house. Just ordered the Liam Pizza. Hopefully I don't wake up in a puddle of milk

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brawlhalla looks like trash. A lot of games I think "maybe it's more fun to play" but it doesn't even look fun to play.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I recall seeing a Newgrounds flash game that looked basically exactly like Brawlhalla like 5 years ago :\

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boy

this game

yeah

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Blockhouse posted:

boy

this game

yeah

it's nicely animated, I'll give it that. But that's about all I'm going to give it.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

HGH posted:

Man I love that guilt puzzle in Silent Hill. You can throw it at anyone and get a different answer, it's such a nice way to see point of views.

Getting sassed by Michael McConohie over your answer is the perfect follow-up, too. A videogame just gave Liam a taste of his own medicine. :3:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Pat realising all three of them had different answers to the guilt puzzle is probably the most excited I've ever heard him.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Pat realising all three of them had different answers to the guilt puzzle is probably the most excited I've ever heard him.

Nobody ever picks the bull. Unless they just want to see what type of reaction they'll get they never honestly pick the pull.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The guilt puzzle is just so good because every human being will have a different answer and justification for why they think that. It's just such a well-designed psychology test. The question asked is phrased JUST vaguely enough that you can answer it from a ton of different perspectives. You COULD argue that the bull was the most responsible for her death because, literally speaking, it is what killed her. Or you could argue she caused her own death if you're a scumbag and/or don't consider the circumstances, only the effect they had. And so on and so on.

edit: From a livestream I watched a long time ago: Pat was right, Dr. K has a different accusatory response for every human but if you put the bull first he pretty much just goes "Really?? Seriously??? Well, alright then." :allears:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 27, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This therapist seems more and more like Satan.

Also it's King, Wilhelm, Celestine, Bull :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

The guilt puzzle is just so good because every human being will have a different answer and justification for why they think that. It's just such a well-designed psychology test. The question asked is phrased JUST vaguely enough that you can answer it from a ton of different perspectives. You COULD argue that the bull was the most responsible for her death because, literally speaking, it is what killed her. Or you could argue she caused her own death if you're a scumbag and/or don't consider the circumstances, only the effect they had. And so on and so on.

edit: From a livestream I watched a long time ago: Pat was right, Dr. K has a different accusatory response for every human but if you put the bull first he pretty much just goes "Really?? Seriously??? Well, alright then." :allears:

Dr K is the best video game shrink

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hahaha I just noticed that when Harry's loving with the computer and it glitches out on him in part 4, he uses the specific wording of "It just froze on me!" when the girl asks if he broke it. Very clever, game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Prince, King, Princess, Bull for me, didn't even have to think too hard. That is a cool "riddle", so to speak.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yup, I'd say Prince, King, Princess, Bull too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bull, King, Prince stacked on top of the King, Princess.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Nobody ever picks the bull. Unless they just want to see what type of reaction they'll get they never honestly pick the pull.

I picked the bull. :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I picked the bull. :(

More like bullshit! :haw:

Prince, King, Princess, Bull for me as well.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington posted:

WHEN'S URBAN CHAOS

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would have put Prince first as the instigator, but I agree with Liam's argument that the King should be held more responsible for not shutting that poo poo down.