Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Heh. I already knew about imaginary Joker from casually looking at the internet too much, but that reveal was loving excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Knormal posted:

On a related note, was there any trick to knowing where the drill tank was in the bossfight right after that one? I died in that fight a bunch because I'd come around a corner and drive right into the front of that thing. Unless I was missing something, they really needed to make it show up on the mini-map.

I literally parked myself in front of the bomb tunnels, and waited for him to show up. Usually I'd have to shoot him to get his attention.

I hated that boss fight. The predator section after that was only a tiny bit better. I wanna chase people in the batmobile, being chased ruins the magic.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 27, 2015

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Knormal posted:

I made it through that bossfight in one try without dying, and I still hated it. You can dislike something without being bad at it. The driving sections are well done, but not what those of us who don't like driving games wanted from the Arkham series.

On a related note, was there any trick to knowing where the drill tank was in the bossfight right after that one? I died in that fight a bunch because I'd come around a corner and drive right into the front of that thing. Unless I was missing something, they really needed to make it show up on the mini-map.

I honestly just waited at the entrance to the explosive tunnels for him to run perpendicular, and then I'd pop out and lead him to destruction. Seemed pretty straightforward to me.

E:fb

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Corner of the screen there's a little distance indicator telling you how close you are to him. When he spots you, he does show up on the minimap

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Infinitum posted:

Do you have the voice synth unlocked?

When you do there is a robot standing on top of the movie studio that gives you access to Riddlers voice to start commanding them.

Yeah, I have the voice synth, just haven't come across the robot at the movie studio yet. Thanks.

Any tips on the one below the movie studio that requires the Batmobile winch and has that layer of green laser light above you?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kin posted:

You do realise that every single bit of complaining you've made against the game just makes it sound like you're poo poo at playing it.

"waaaah, the drivings poo poo, it's been made badly", "waaaaaah the comabt's also poo poo, it's like random, Rocksteady made a lovely broken game!"

I'm not really worried if anyone thinks I'm bad at the game. I'm reporting (and corroborating) the issues I've come across.

Also: I think it's a stellar loving game and have never claimed Rocksteady made a lovely broken game. It's not above some criticism and observation, though, you sad white knight.

Sorry you're offended by it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kin posted:

"waaaah, the drivings poo poo, it's been made badly",

The driving has been pretty universally panned.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The driving is pretty functional, seeing as how they built so much around it. I think it's moreso panned because of its abundant inclusion. If it were relegated to a choice in the campaign or just side missions, I don't think anyone would outright dislike it as much.

EDIT: Turn "Battle Mode toggle" on in Game Options, if you didn't. Should've been that way by default.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 27, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

I'm not really worried if anyone thinks I'm bad at the game. I'm reporting (and corroborating) the issues I've come across.

You are however making claims which can literally only be true if you game is broken, such as the save one. Either your game install is broken somehow in a way that is fundamentally breaking things or you're exaggerating flaws.

Joe Gillian posted:

The driving is pretty functional, seeing as how they built so much around it. I think it's moreso panned because of its abundant inclusion. If it were relegated to a choice in the campaign or just side missions, I don't think anyone would outright dislike it as much.

The driving being 'functional' is basically the problem. It's not terrible but it's merely passible in a game where almost everything else IS excellent and you have to deal with it to get to the better parts. It's like the Werehog from Sonic the Hedgehog.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

JFC posted:

Yeah, I have the voice synth, just haven't come across the robot at the movie studio yet. Thanks.

Any tips on the one below the movie studio that requires the Batmobile winch and has that layer of green laser light above you?

Eject up just before the timer expires and use the line launcher perch.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Joe Gillian posted:

The driving bits murder my performance and turn the game into a stutterfest and I've only played for a couple of hours so far so I haven't really had too much time with the Batmobile. I could see the Batmobile being more fun if as you said it was more a choice than a railroad.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So far I like it when it's used cleverly as an extra tool in the arsenal, like switching to it remotely to ram/shoot/pull something and help Batman from a distance.

The driving and vehicular combat are already stale as gently caress.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Steve2911 posted:

So far I like it when it's used cleverly as an extra tool in the arsenal, like switching to it remotely to ram/shoot/pull something and help Batman from a distance.

I do like t-boning a thugmobile, climbing out, beating up the survivor and throwing him in the air near the Batmobile so he gets riot-gunned.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah, the Batmobile As A Gadget stuff is cool. It effectively gives you a more limited secondary character who you can use to solve puzzles which is fun.

Frankly though I wish it had been treated like Nightwing/Catwoman/Robin/ect and been area-specific instead. And then they used those guys and the double-team stuff more. The double-predator segment is SO FUN but you only do it once.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Is it bad that I really like the Red Hood and Jason Todd and wish for more of him?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

Is it bad that I really like the Red Hood and Jason Todd and wish for more of him?

Yes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ImpAtom posted:

You are however making claims which can literally only be true if you game is broken, such as the save one. Either your game install is broken somehow in a way that is fundamentally breaking things or you're exaggerating flaws.

Let me ask you... Does a bug exist only if every person experiences it?
I have a video I posted of winning an APC chase when the APC just fell forever under the map and died.

If you play the game and never have anything fall into the world, does that mean that that's not a bug?

I'm having a hard time accepting your definite absolution.

Some other guy corroborated that he had it not save when it should have. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's helping anyone or anything for you to assume you have an impenetrably certain view on things.

Also this discussion is way past tired. I'm gonna just leave it at that. :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

Let me ask you... Does a bug exist only if every person experiences it?

There's a significant difference between "I fell through the floor" and "the save system is literally not working." You're making claims about the save system which can only be true if you game is fundimentally broken in a way that is kind of absurd, which is why I mentioned that maybe your install is screwed up.

Feenix posted:

Some other guy corroborated that he had it not save when it should have.

No he didn't. He pointed to a different thing. (If you die you have to redistribute points) which is true only in specific situations and is not what you claimed..

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 27, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: 67.6Mb patch hitting PC :siren:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
[Ed] Sorry. I said I'd stop. Disregard.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

Yes. A thing you refuted initially.

No i didn't. You claimed the game wasn't saving after sidequests.

Feenix posted:

While I'm kvetching about Batman, I really hate how the saving operates. Do a couple side missions... have a bunch of skill points. Allocate them. Die on a side mission... redo all those missions and have to reallocate all your points.

That is very very different from having to allocate points again if you die mid-mission after allocating points.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Infinitum posted:

:siren: 67.6Mb patch hitting PC :siren:

Any patch notes? I'm at work. What's it fix? If anything. Guessing it's more of a hot fix than a real big patch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ImpAtom posted:

No i didn't. You claimed the game wasn't saving after sidequests.

That is very very different from having to allocate points again if you die mid-mission after allocating points.

But I allocated the points, beat a side mission (sometimes 2) and then lost on a second or third mission) and lost all
Points allocated and side missions.

(Sorry not debating it just clarifying in case I was not originally clear.)

Serf
May 5, 2011

I bought this on PS4 and I'm curious: how do I access the costumes that come with the game? I haven't found a way to use them yet, getting into the midgame.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

I bought this on PS4 and I'm curious: how do I access the costumes that come with the game? I haven't found a way to use them yet, getting into the midgame.

They're under "showcase" and have to be activated from there. It's a bit counter-intuitive.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Aquasnake posted:

Any patch notes? I'm at work. What's it fix? If anything. Guessing it's more of a hot fix than a real big patch.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-27-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/581700#U581700

quote:

Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.

Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:
- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
- Fix for low resolution texture bug
- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
- Enabling AMD Crossfire
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers

While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC. The first patch is being released now and the updates include:
- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
- Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu

We would like to thank our fans for their patience and invaluable feedback. We will continue to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

Just had a quick spin around in the Batmobile and my LOD streaming pop-in poo poo seems to be improved a bunch. So progress~

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Serf posted:

There's a glitch concerning the outfits. If you change to a DLC outfit and back to the default batsuit you won't get all the battle damage and wear back. Assuming you care for that stuff I mean

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

But I allocated the points, beat a side mission (sometimes 2) and then lost on a second or third mission) and lost all
Points allocated and side missions.

(Sorry not debating it just clarifying in case I was not originally clear.)

Right. That isn't how the save system works. You can literally see onscreen when it is saving, as well as check how long it has been since the last save. It saves after every sidequest or significant event. So your game has to be broken in a way where it isn't saving when it is supposed to save. Since you're the only person reporting this, as well as reporting a lot of other issues, that is why I suggested perhaps something is hosed up with your install. That would also explain things like the APC falling through the floor which isn't an impossible glitch but could be the result of something being wonky with your game and might explain why you're encountering things that seem at-odds with other people's experiences.

Arkham Knight isn't a flawless game but you're encountering a far more buggy and odd version of the game than anyone else I've talked to.

Infinitum posted:

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-27-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/581700#U581700

Just had a quick spin around in the Batmobile and my LOD streaming pop-in poo poo seems to be improved a bunch. So progress~

That's pretty good at least.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Well it's a start. :shrug:

It's nice that it sounds like they're going to crank out patches and fixes as and when they're ready rather than just dumping a 30Gb download on everyone in a month's time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Well it's a start. :shrug:

It's nice that it sounds like they're going to crank out patches and fixes as and when they're ready rather than just dumping a 30Gb download on everyone in a month's time.

Well yeah.. A lot of us have already beaten the loving game in it's broken state... I'd love a patched up awesome version before I played New Game+

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Good on them for setting on the path to fix this poo poo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Doesn't look like Steam has removed my key from my GMG refund yet. Going to download it again and check out the visual difference between it and the PS4 version again.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Steam redownloading the game when I verified it probably helped, to be honest. I reinstalled the game and updated my Nvidia drivers and was able to beat the main storyline over a few days without any serious issue. The first night the game was nearly unplayable though.

The Arkham Knight reveal was pretty dumb and bad because it was so predictable and they spent so much time lying about it. Even worse, it ended up feeling like a very rushed story arc that was much worse than the original storyline it was remaking. Which is a shame, because the overall concept could have made it far better than its source material.

The Riddler stuff probably means I won't 100% this game any time soon or at all. I haven't found any of his stuff all that fun. That sucks for me, since you need to 100% the game to get the full ending, but whatever, I can google it later.

The tank combat was fun until the devs decided that the only way to keep challenging the player was to start spamming tanks and drones at me. Then they became tedious and boring. Cloudburst fight was boring, and the second phase is literally just hold reverse and spam your guns into the glowing target until it blows up.

Scarecrow's performance was the best thing about the game probably. If it weren't for that, I'd say that I probably enjoyed Origins a bit more.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Is Scarecrow at all cool, interesting or intimidating in this game? He doesn't get jettisoned in favor of pointless bullshit halfway through I hope.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

khwarezm posted:

Is Scarecrow at all cool, interesting or intimidating in this game? He doesn't get jettisoned in favor of pointless bullshit halfway through I hope.

He's rather melodramatic with his speeches - something the goons will bitch about endlessly - but he's definitely very collected and threatening up until the end game. It's difficult to talk about his plan, or impact on the plot, without spoiling half the game unfortunately.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I love the Batmobile. I think it's just a matter of personal preference though, because I hate racing/chasing in cars in like every other game ever. I'm forever running myself into inescapable corners in GTA.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

khwarezm posted:

Scarecrow is my favorite part of the game, almost entirely on the back of John Noble's performance. Though to be fair, I'd rave about him reading a phone book.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

poptart_fairy posted:

He's rather melodramatic with his speeches - something the goons will bitch about endlessly - but he's definitely very collected and threatening up until the end game. It's difficult to talk about his plan, or impact on the plot, without spoiling half the game unfortunately.

The goons who post on this forum or the goons who receive Batman's fist to their face as part of their daily occupation?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

khwarezm posted:

The goons who post on this forum or the goons who receive Batman's fist to their face as part of their daily occupation?

Oh, in-game goons.

Scarecrow drives the plot. He doesn't have an enormous amount of screen time (except on the big TVs :haw:) but he's used very well I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was disappointed by the Scarecrow honestly.

He doesn't... do much that is particular Scarecrowy.I wouldn't want a rehash of Arkham Asylum but at the end of the day the things done by the Scarecrow could be any villain on the planet. He isn't bad as a Generic Villain but I think he was better handled in Arkham Asylum.

• Locked thread